Mongerty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mongerty

I bought it, and I will enjoy it.

Woot shirts try to be art too often, or are just too damn cutesy. People don't like change, so they are gonna complain. Don't let that take away from a pop culture win like this one!

nrarmen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nrarmen
AdderXYU wrote:It's an overwhelmingly bad shirt.

My guess is the discrepancy comes from most wooters who bought one not remembering how to use a keyboard. Or else having theirs shorted out by their own drool

3000 people all drooled on their keyboards or forgot how to use them? Highly unlikely.

There's no single explanation for this shirt's success. The shirt has broad appeal that people relate to in different ways. It obviously doesn't please everyone and I think everyone is well aware of that.

Just move along with designing something awesome for Derby 84, Adder.

listentodmb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages listentodmb
donnaluvswoot wrote:svengoolie wrote:
This is... terrible. I haven't seen this bad a shirt here in a long time. It's like he's trying to sell it on the very concept of the "motivational poster" style, but it's not funny. It would be better if he just copied a popular one. That would be bad too, but at least there could be something funny. As it is, I can't imagine there being any audience for it. You think fat people are gonna walk around advertising that they don't work out?

svengoolie, I hate to tell you, but if you don't know that us fat folks advertise the fact that we don't work out, ever time we enter a room...it doesn't make a %*@! what we are wearing. I say at least wear a cute shirt that shows you have kind of sense of humor about yourself. Life is too short to be such a freaking drag!

Just from reading svengoolie's posts, i get the impression that he/she is quite the downer. i'm very fit and in shape and i find this shirt hilarious because exercise does require motivation and willpower. this shirt is funny regardless who wears it. to me. if its not funny to u, then don't buy it. keep your negative comments to yourself. debbie.

my friend and i were joking about how important getting your heart rate up is for proper cardiovascular exercise and how we should just go around scaring each other or chasing each other. so, this shirt is very applicable and funny to me.

hookemhorns212

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hookemhorns212

I am enjoying the fact that I won't be spending any money here this weekend!

veronikaa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages veronikaa

sold out? wow!

Sakusami

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sakusami

Darn, I guess I deserve not to get one of these today being as how I just checked it for the first time today now....

I wanted one to

ArtsyArty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ArtsyArty

Why is it sold out? T________T

piercedgeek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages piercedgeek

What's with all the venom for this shirt and the author? I really don't read the shirt forums much, is it always this bad in here? Even on a shirt that sells out so fast?

nrarmen

You guys can buy the shirt tomorrow for $15 if you still want it. Here is the link: http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=8168

nrarmen

piercedgeek wrote:What's with all the venom for this shirt and the author? I really don't read the shirt forums much, is it always this bad in here? Even on a shirt that sells out so fast?

It's not artsy and some people don't like the parody/rip off this shirt represents. People do wear their hearts on their sleeves here though...

tgammet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tgammet

"Sold out!"

NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo ;_;

haro11287bird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haro11287bird

TO ALL THE NAY-SAYERS
thats why this shirt sold out in 3 hours. you all lose.

joiewashere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joiewashere

darn it! i'm too late! :[[[[

skitajane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skitajane

I want one! But they've sold out! How are we on the West Coast supposed to shirts when all of the best one's are gone before we've woken up! Ha!

Shoppingdingo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shoppingdingo
AdderXYU wrote:It's also worth noting that Sanjaya was bad but entertaining. This is the major difference: people at woot vote for horrible, boring koi that isn't entertaining, because they like boring and horrible. Akin to Blake Lewis or Jordin Sparks, if you'd like to take the Idol analogy to the next level. And just like the trite and weak stuff that wins at woot, those two yawns were the top 2 the year Sanjaya was around.

HINT:

You undercut your own credibility by expressing a sad adundance of american idol knowledge..

hmm.. about enough idol knowledge to counter your lack of knowledge in what people like..

once again.. adder misses the pulse.

Its a fun shirt. got one for the wife

Shoppingdingo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shoppingdingo
skitajane wrote:I want one! But they've sold out! How are we on the West Coast supposed to shirts when all of the best one's are gone before we've woken up! Ha!

Pacific?

they go on sale at 10pm your time.

the rest of us have to stay up late to make it happen

dangurous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dangurous

this may be the second fastest sellout i've seen (right behind the epic begins).

34 woots for shirts, most recent: 10/23/12: Fresh Cake Remix (L); 9/22/10 - iHome Optical Netbook Mouse; 7/12/10 - Woot Off Lights; 5/26/10 - Jolly Roger Floor Mat; 11/23/09 - Memorex 720p HD Mini Camcorder; 3/23/09 - iRobot Roomba 535 Robotic Vacuum

donnaluvswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donnaluvswoot
nrarmen wrote:You guys can buy the shirt tomorrow for $15 if you still want it. Here is the link: http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=8168

I absolutely love it!! Don't listen to all the negative Nellies nrarmen..you gots talent child!

donnaluvswoot

Shoppingdingo wrote:HINT:

You undercut your own credibility by expressing a sad adundance of american idol knowledge..

hmm.. about enough idol knowledge to counter your lack of knowledge in what people like..

If Adder is such a creative genius, why don't we ever see anything in the derbys from him????

rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001
skitajane wrote:I want one! But they've sold out! How are we on the West Coast supposed to shirts when all of the best one's are gone before we've woken up! Ha!

Stop going to bed before 10 PM?

(of course, you are just being funny)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 228 Private Messages kylemittskus
donnaluvswoot wrote:If Adder is such a creative genius, why don't we ever see anything in the derbys from him????

We have. Adder was part of the creativity behind at least one winning shirt. Possibly 2. He has expressed more than once that he is not an artist. I can't write for anything; however, I write literary criticism as a career.

While I don't always agree with Adder, your logic is poor that one has to be an artist to critique it.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

donnaluvswoot

kylemittskus wrote:We have. Adder was part of the creativity behind at least one winning shirt. Possibly 2. He has expressed more than once that he is not an artist. I can't write for anything; however, I write literary criticism as a career.

While I don't always agree with Adder, your logic is poor that one has to be an artist to critique it.

Nope, just saying put up or shut up. He doesn't "critique"...he just slams anything he doesn't like. Sometimes he has a good point, and sometimes it just sound like sour grapes. However, the good thing about living in a democracy, is he is allowed to express his opinion, and so am I. Obviously, since this shirt sold out so quickly, what he likes isn't the majority. There is something for everyone in shirt.woot...just not on the same day.

nrarmen

donnaluvswoot wrote:I absolutely love it!! Don't listen to all the negative Nellies nrarmen..you gots talent child!

Thank you I've got a lot of growing to do still but that's never stopped me before. I look forward to designing more shirts ^_^

kacrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kacrick

Psyched to see a winner from Louisville!

Congrats. The sell-out was well deserved, even if the shirt isn't exactly my style

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
rugrats2001 wrote:You know, if everyone on the west coast didn't have the advantage of a 3-hour time difference, maybe these shirts would stay around long enough for us Eastern Standard Time people to buy them.

Californians can woot the new shirts at 10 PM before they go to bed, but Ohioans have to stay up until 1 AM to do the same.

:-(

you do realize that we all woot at the same time right? ;)

that was fun while it lasted!

listentodmb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages listentodmb
Shoppingdingo wrote:HINT:

THIS.

tymothy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tymothy
dankstick wrote:This is not a Tyrannosaur. It is much closer to a very overweight Giganotosaurus. The three digits on each arm and the large brow gave it away. The scale is accurate. The teeth are too numerous and should be swept back, not straight up and down. Again, it resembles a very fat Giganotosaurus.

Perhaps the fact that the dinosaur is overweight suggests a second individual requires motivation to exercise

Ryfiel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryfiel
bpr2 wrote:you do realize that we all woot at the same time right? ;)

Same absolute but not relative time.

TRESpropaganda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TRESpropaganda

We designed this dino chasing a guy shirt 3 years ago and have been selling it on-line at www.trespropaganda.com. It's a terrible day when people can rip your concepts off and use dirty clip-art in the process to make money.

TRES propaganda is watching you nrarmen...

nrarmen

TRESpropaganda wrote:We designed this dino chasing a guy shirt 3 years ago and have been selling it on-line at www.trespropaganda.com. It's a terrible day when people can rip your concepts off and use dirty clip-art in the process to make money.

TRES propaganda is watching you nrarmen...

Well, all I can say is great minds think alike? You obviously assume (and wrongly) that I've seen your shirt before. The idea of a dinosaur chasing someone is not new by any means (Jurassic Park). And if you feel that a dinosaur chasing a person is ripping off a concept then you are just as guilty. You were not the one to invent the idea. The idea is generic.

Also, watch me all you want. I have nothing to hide. You can even look at my brief shirt design history on one webpage. Click the link in my signature.

PFFJazzMan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PFFJazzMan
AdderXYU wrote:It's an overwhelmingly bad shirt.

My guess is the discrepancy comes from most wooters who bought one not remembering how to use a keyboard. Or else having theirs shorted out by their own drool

And yet, here you are...

khttc2007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages khttc2007

honestly... the hamsters should've won. "that's what she said"!!!!! come on!

NinjaStorm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NinjaStorm
khttc2007 wrote:honestly... the hamsters should've won. "that's what she said"!!!!! come on!

Meh, 'That's what she said' is overdone at this point. It was funny the first 1000 times I heard it.

If it comes up this weekend and sells like this shirt did, I'll stand corrected.

adventure4x

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adventure4x

I know I've been able to get shirts after they've sold out... for $15... but still... I just can't remember how.

Bonix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bonix

So mad I missed an opportunity at this shirt!! Hope it comes up again!!!

nrarmen

Bonix wrote:So mad I missed an opportunity at this shirt!! Hope it comes up again!!!

You guys can buy the shirt tomorrow for $15 if you still want it. Here is the link: http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=8168

leaftye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leaftye

Why oh why didn't I check here lastnight??

donkeykongjr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages donkeykongjr

WARNING: If I see you wearing this shirt I WILL punch you directly in the face.

QueenHawkeye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages QueenHawkeye

I think this shirt is pretty cool...if it wasn't sold out, and if i had $$ i'd probably get it for a gym shirt or something.

theeassassin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theeassassin
donkeykongjr wrote:WARNING: If I see you wearing this shirt I WILL punch you directly in the face.

haha