sputnik90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sputnik90

wow, you stole my shirt design from two months ago.

http://i39.tinypic.com/25s68ig.jpg

rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001
TRESpropaganda wrote:We designed this dino chasing a guy shirt 3 years ago and have been selling it on-line at www.trespropaganda.com. It's a terrible day when people can rip your concepts off and use dirty clip-art in the process to make money.

TRES propaganda is watching you nrarmen...

Uhh, no offense, TRES, but your version kind of inhales sharply and creates suction, it looks like a damaged cookie cutter was used on some dollar store construction paper and glued to a t-shirt.

Did you by any chance design the thirstiest cookie?

nrarmen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nrarmen
sputnik90 wrote:wow, you stole my shirt design from two months ago.

For those of you who feel like I stole their idea or design, I hope you understand that I've never seen your shirt design up until the point you posted it here. I can't do anything about it. And if Woot thought it was risky to print then they wouldn't have.

cleaner00

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cleaner00

I was checking my bank statement tonight when I noticed the $10 pre-authorization for this shirt, and then there were 2 separate pre-authorizations as well, both for $1 each.
I opted for the free shipping btw.

Is this normal?

Unique Woot items purchaced: 69
Bundles of Clones#39;s attempted: 42 (including the Dow Jones bag)
Bundles of Clones#39;s acquired: 3 (25Sep09/26Mar10/26May10)

rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001
nrarmen wrote:For those of you who feel like I stole their idea or design, I hope you understand that I've never seen your shirt design up until the point you posted it here. I can't do anything about it. And if Woot thought it was risky to print then they wouldn't have.

The funny thing is that these other 'designers' actually think that THEY came up with 'man running from a dinosaur' as an original concept!

Great Job, nrarmen!

Topspin14

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Topspin14

You can't copyright ideas...only expressions. You can't keep anyone from making a dinosaur running after a person shirt. You can only prevent them from copying your design. This t-shirt is clearly different than the others. It has words, the others do not/the words are different. The placement is different. The drawings are different.

You'd have to prove not only that the design was copied from the other shirt but that the copying was not permissible. Dinosaur running after a guy=work in the public domain. Sorry guys. Also you'd have to prove access...which given how few shirts you've probably sold...gonna be hard to do.

I'd argue you all stole the design from Jurassic Park. But legally that argument is a loser as well. Ohh well. You are all unoriginal. Congrats. I bought this shirt and I'll soon be enjoying it.

deejjunior12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deejjunior12

yay! a fellow louisvillian!! congrats

corruptdcrusadr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages corruptdcrusadr

I wish I got one.

sashabell51

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sashabell51
sputnik90 wrote:wow, you stole my shirt design from two months ago.

Hmm... Direct quotes from Jurassic Park. How original.

djslack

quality posts: 15 Private Messages djslack
PJLime wrote:Who choose the fonts? Why two different fonts?

How lucky you are to have missed out on the whole motivational poster parody meme.

Not to mention the real ones.

Did you just get out of a long jail sentence or something? I didn't think there were many corners of civilization these things hadn't reached. Let me share with you some other flashes from "the future":

1. Indoor plumbing.
2. Color TV
3. A network of interconnected computers where you can electronically send money and a shirt with two different fonts shows up at your door in mere days.

goblynn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages goblynn
nrarmen wrote:You guys can buy the shirt tomorrow for $15 if you still want it. Here is the link: http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=8168

This is my first visit to the shirt.woot forums, and wow, the anger!...but I love the shirt and am in for one. Hate I missed first day, but got it now.

Congrats on the win.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
rugrats2001 wrote:Uhh, no offense, TRES, but your version kind of inhales sharply and creates suction, it looks like a damaged cookie cutter was used on some dollar store construction paper and glued to a t-shirt.

Did you by any chance design the thirstiest cookie?

hilarious because neither shirt is particularly artistic. Oggling my goat? YOU LIKE PINK??? SHES NOT AS GOOD AS KATY PERRY!!!

Sadly, though, I am afraid that the motivational slogan makes this "different", and without that, the idea is mundane. Well, even more so. Had you Tres guys actually had this very idea, you'd be my new favorite clothing store.

Joltz104

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Joltz104
svengoolie wrote:I like that you only respond to the idiots that for whatever reason fell for this bad design. Why do you have nothing to say to all the decent people on here that realize how bad it is? That not only could it be made in less than 2 minutes, but it's not funny either?

He's the only one who can take the compliments. If someone has a problem with the design then any of the thousands of people who obviously appreciate and enjoy this shirt can point out some simple facts about this shirt. I'll try to be as blunt as possible about it.

1) This shirt is rather humorous to many people. It involves people being chased by things and that unique flavor of a proper demotivational poster.

2) Although the design is simple, that is not a drawback. In fact some people even like their shirts to not require a solid minute of staring to appreciate them.

3) Yes it has words. They say things. Many people agree with these things. Some people like for their shirt to say something about them.

4) No, not a lot of work went into it. No, we don't care. It's clever and funny. Clever doesn't mean a lot of work. It means whatever gets the job done and this shirt does that.

5) Yes these arguments have an element of opinion to them. At some point you just have to accept that some people have a different preference than you (I personally hate that a "that's what she said" joke got printed today)

PJLime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PJLime
djslack wrote:How lucky you are to have missed out on the whole motivational poster parody meme.

Not to mention the real ones.

Did you just get out of a long jail sentence or something? I didn't think there were many corners of civilization these things hadn't reached. Let me share with you some other flashes from "the future":

1. Indoor plumbing.
2. Color TV
3. A network of interconnected computers where you can electronically send money and a shirt with two different fonts shows up at your door in mere days.

Hi. Thanks for replying. I certainly didn't miss out on anything. I just didn't realize the original design used two different fonts. So my problem is with the original design concept. I suppose I don't understand what would motivate someone to use to different fonts in this situation.

Too bad you are not funny. Keep trying.

nrarmen

PJLime wrote:Hi. Thanks for replying. I certainly didn't miss out on anything. I just didn't realize the original design used two different fonts. So my problem is with the original design concept. I suppose I don't understand what would motivate someone to use to different fonts in this situation.

The serifs on the small font could have potentially created a printing problem because of their size. I'm not a shirt expert by any means so I'll be interested to see how this shirt prints and compare it to the design.

djslack

PJLime wrote:Hi. Thanks for replying. I certainly didn't miss out on anything. I just didn't realize the original design used two different fonts. So my problem is with the original design concept. I suppose I don't understand what would motivate someone to use to different fonts in this situation.

The contrasting typefaces are probably there to provide contrast (hence the second and third words of this sentence in such close proximity to each other - it makes this sentence sound redundant). But that's just my guess. I was merely bemused at your question since the originals have been around for years, and I assumed that you would have seen them and that the designer nicked that on purpose.

As far as the funny, it's OK, I know what it's like. It can be hard to regain your sense of humor until you fully acclimate back to society. But you do get it back: I did a bid myself, a short one for a statutory deal. I guess the teddy bear should have tipped me off, but I digress... Anyway, I missed out on the whole Blue Collar Comedy Tour Rides Again thing. Man, was I a little ticked about that! Such a collection of comedic genius under one roof, and I was left to watch it as a rerun on TBS over the racket of that beeping ankle bracelet!

Today I just laugh about it while watching Are You Sexi--erm, Smarter Than A 5th Grader on my DVR. I finally put some tape over the ankle bracelet so the beeping isn't that annoying. It comes off this June... and I've got tickets to see Bill Engvall this summer to celebrate!

ogunsensei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ogunsensei
Joltz104 wrote:He's the only one who can take the compliments. If someone has a problem with the design then any of the thousands of people who obviously appreciate and enjoy this shirt can point out some simple facts about this shirt. I'll try to be as blunt as possible about it.

1) This shirt is rather humorous to many people. It involves people being chased by things and that unique flavor of a proper demotivational poster.

2) Although the design is simple, that is not a drawback. In fact some people even like their shirts to not require a solid minute of staring to appreciate them.

3) Yes it has words. They say things. Many people agree with these things. Some people like for their shirt to say something about them.

4) No, not a lot of work went into it. No, we don't care. It's clever and funny. Clever doesn't mean a lot of work. It means whatever gets the job done and this shirt does that.

5) Yes these arguments have an element of opinion to them. At some point you just have to accept that some people have a different preference than you (I personally hate that a "that's what she said" joke got printed today)

Good job Joltz104. 'nuff said!

nrarmen--I a happen to be one of the "idiots" that fell for your bad design, and did not realize how bad it was or how funny it wasn't. In fact, so also was my friend--he was disappointed when he got online at 7am EST on Friday and saw that your shirt was sold out. We are both such "idiots" that I am on here now buying for him your second chance shirt. Seriously though, thank you for a such a good shirt and for a good laugh!

thedpq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedpq

0_o I don't normally read the comments, are people generally this uptight about a design? Sheesh.

I bought the shirt because it made me laugh AND it was something i wanted to wear as a t-shirt.

I am very impressed with some of the designs i find here on woot, but not every well-designed image is something i feel a need to wear on a t-shirt.

Just because the image is cheesy doesn't mean it doesn't make a great shirt. It was one of the selling points for me. :D

We're all here because we're not all there

nrarmen

ogunsensei wrote:Good job Joltz104. 'nuff said!

nrarmen--I a happen to be one of the "idiots" that fell for your bad design, and did not realize how bad it was or how funny it wasn't. In fact, so also was my friend--he was disappointed when he got online at 7am EST on Friday and saw that your shirt was sold out. We are both such "idiots" that I am on here now buying for him your second chance shirt. Seriously though, thank you for a such a good shirt and for a good laugh!

ahuhu...I was so confused by what you said but now i get it. Thanks :D

Shoppingdingo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shoppingdingo
AdderXYU wrote:hilarious because neither shirt is particularly artistic. Oggling my goat? YOU LIKE PINK??? SHES NOT AS GOOD AS KATY PERRY!!!

Sadly, though, I am afraid that the motivational slogan makes this "different", and without that, the idea is mundane. Well, even more so. Had you Tres guys actually had this very idea, you'd be my new favorite clothing store.

this from the guy chatting up american idol contestants 3 days ago

Shoppingdingo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shoppingdingo
svengoolie wrote:I like that you only respond to the idiots that for whatever reason fell for this bad design. Why do you have nothing to say to all the decent people on here that realize how bad it is? That not only could it be made in less than 2 minutes, but it's not funny either?

what does he have to say?
hmm

"Total woots: 3373 "

guess that says everything

this is a SHIRT STORE.. not a damn art gallery..
its wonderful when those two things can come together in a good way.. But most often, they cant..
sorry, but I dont think Rousseau or Pissarro would make very good t shirts.. though post-impressionism is my favorite period.

PFFJazzMan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PFFJazzMan

Got my order in for one, well worth the $15 for me.

nrarmen

PFFJazzMan wrote:Got my order in for one, well worth the $15 for me.

Thank you Hope you enjoy the shirt when you get it!

burkhart1407

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burkhart1407

Man, its a shirt people, who cares?

This is my first shirt and I love it. I actually bought it to work out in ahuhu.

indihar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages indihar

Hey, I just looked...

The "king" is "dead" (How We Roll)

Long live the new "king" (Some Motivation Required)

Congrats!

(I was looking forward to getting THREE of this shirt...would've been my first "triple-T"...but it was sold out by the time I got home from night shift! It's turning out to be a pretty hard "swallow" to get 3 at $15 each...but looks like it will be around long enough for me to get them, anyway!)

nrarmen

indihar wrote:Hey, I just looked...

The "king" is "dead" (How We Roll)

Long live the new "king" (Some Motivation Required)

Congrats!

(I was looking forward to getting THREE of this shirt...would've been my first "triple-T"...but it was sold out by the time I got home from night shift! It's turning out to be a pretty hard "swallow" to get 3 at $15 each...but looks like it will be around long enough for me to get them, anyway!)

Thank you

pnkd4you

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pnkd4you

Congrats to the designer...just had another friend buy one once she saw it.

Nightlullaby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nightlullaby

I like that YOU only respond with snide and pointless comments. People obviously like the shirt and have bought it, myself included. You don't like the shirt, we get it. There is no reason, however, to attack the designer just because you have nothing better to do than to call other people idiots.

sabru8

quality posts: 66 Private Messages sabru8

Missed out on this one, but wanted to get one.

Sheena3745

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Sheena3745

Had to cough up $15, but the shirt is irresistible.

To the naysayers: Pat yourselves on the back that you didn't spend any $ on this (you didn't, right?).

To my fellow buyers, especially the chubby ones: See you at the gym (or at the bakery), I'll be the one wearing the 3X.

To the designer: It's funny, 'nuf said! Kudos!

Rosie

nrarmen

Sheena3745 wrote:Had to cough up $15, but the shirt is irresistible.

To the naysayers: Pat yourselves on the back that you didn't spend any $ on this (you didn't, right?).

To my fellow buyers, especially the chubby ones: See you at the gym (or at the bakery), I'll be the one wearing the 3X.

To the designer: It's funny, 'nuf said! Kudos!

Rosie

Thank you :D

enieledam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enieledam

Is there some alternate website where we might be able to buy our favorite shirts? I mean at least the favorites that have won first, second or third rate titles? I really really really want a derby 83 hamster "she is reported to have said that" shirt and I will not rest until i get one! Ok i'm off to bed. But really, please let me know.

amebriril

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amebriril
NinjaStorm wrote:Meh, 'she is reported to have said that' is overdone at this point. It was funny the first 1000 times I heard it.

If it comes up this weekend and sells like this shirt did, I'll stand corrected.

|__________________________|
______ MOTIVATIONALS
More Overdone than Your Mom

simontsui

quality posts: 1 Private Messages simontsui

I joined shirt.woot just to get this

nrarmen

simontsui wrote:I joined shirt.woot just to get this

Thank you Keep coming back for more designs!

djslack

Just saw this shirt in public... my first Woot shirt spotting except for my friend who has quite a collection. Looks good!

nrarmen

djslack wrote:Just saw this shirt in public... my first Woot shirt spotting except for my friend who has quite a collection. Looks good!

Hahaha I'm expecting to see some of these in Louisville lol...

I won't get mine until March 10th or so...I'm curious to see how it printed.

firasion

quality posts: 1 Private Messages firasion

could you post a pic when you receive the shirt? i'm interested in what it looks like on a person.

katiebkool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katiebkool

I'm so happy! I wanted this shirt so bad when it was featured, but it sold out. I just ordered it, and can't wait to wear it!

Katie

nrarmen

Just got my shirt today. I will post pics when I get back from work. Yay :D

I don't know why it just hit me, but the perfect name for this shirt is Tyranosaurus Rexercise. I'm terrible...lol