supermatt52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supermatt52

This Shirt = AMAZING!

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129

Funny- along with ramy's designs, woot also linked seki's "imposter." The irony is rich.

coal0101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coal0101
AdderXYU wrote:

I mean, I figure woot pays Rob Glenn for koi because he hooks them up with blo... er, free XM radio, but I have no clue what Ramy is doing to make him exempt. His shirts are not selling THAT well.

Are they selling better than your shirts?

(Time for the: Just because something is selling, doesn't make it good/art/etc)

lisaviolet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lisaviolet

in for one! I have to since I'm the one who started it in the last Woot-off!

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3002322&PageIndex=30&ReplyCount=1278#post3003805

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
coal0101 wrote:Are they selling better than your shirts?

(Time for the: Just because something is selling, doesn't make it good/art/etc)

You could always petition woot to print me. I'd happily find out for sure!

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

I find the joke amusing, but not HILARIOUS, and I wouldn't wear it on a shirt either way. Also, I dislike the typical cartoony cutesy animal style, as others have noted. I really hope ramyb's style STAYS as it is in Derby #84: Sea, because THAT I adore.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

magicalchuchutrain

quality posts: 1 Private Messages magicalchuchutrain

Yay! Congratulations! I love that shirt. I am half tempted to buy it for some of my friends. Classic.

kacrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kacrick

bounce bounce bounce.

And I'm still on the fence, oh no, must make a decision soon.

nrarmen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nrarmen
JadenKale wrote:I personally hope woot finds a damn filter to replace it.

They would only change it to "She is reported to have said that before" in honor of ramyb's domination :P

ScarFan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ScarFan

Great shirt. Being female I wouldn't wear it but I got one for my brother and I know he'll appreciate it.

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

Well, I must be pretty slow or dense, but I didn't get it (the "joke") until I read the forum here. Now that I understand it, its not even funny. Unless I'm still missing something...

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
JadenKale wrote:I've gotta say, after seeing this design, I definitely DO NOT ever want to hear some guy say that phrase again.

Haha Jaden.

The Office will never be the same for me.
::sniff sniff, tear slowly trickles down::

aaltieri

quality posts: 22 Private Messages aaltieri

I have to admit, My daughter would have loved this shirt. But the text is just stupid.

If there were a print without the text, I'd bit in a second. But with it...the shirt is childish.

Sorry.

--anthony

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
JadenKale wrote:Just for the record, I wasn't saying I'm offended by the joke because of it's sexual reference. I'm simply disgusted with the joke in its entirety. It's a horribly unpleasing joke and as everyone here knows, it's been done to death.

Don't worry, I'm not getting all feminist. I just really hate having my 60 year old boss tell me "that's what she said" when I say something like "I'm having a hard time getting this to fit into the male end" (when talking about XLR plugs). In the workplace, it's just very irritating.

Also, I should have caught on to that dude's screen name (schrute) but I was tired. Happily, Adder is ever vigilant and now I know I just walked right in to somebody's sad attempt at humor. Oh, woot, when will I ever cease to look like an chocolate starfish?

Carpe shirtem!

magicalchuchutrain

magicalchuchutrain wrote:Yay! Congratulations! I love that shirt. I am half tempted to buy it for some of my friends. Classic.

Dang. Needed to act faster of course, this is woot.

surlawris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages surlawris
rglee129 wrote:Funny- along with ramy's designs, woot also linked seki's "imposter." The irony is rich.

Imposter was a collab between ramyb and seki.

nunyazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nunyazz

Why so serious?

mfbassplayer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfbassplayer

Congrats on the sellout!

Yaaaaaaawn. I'm bored.

pheonix28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pheonix28

why oh why does it have to be sold out?

MogoMongoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MogoMongoose

I've bit on the cute shirts before, but coming from someone making his first post, I think the shirt is just trying to cash in on a "that's what she said" (which seems a bit more awkward than funny when it's between two hamsters/chipmunks) and put to use the current hot selling of cute animals on the shirts themselves.

Don't mean to ramble, and I know this is far from ramyb's first print, and congrats on it man. But I dunno, I don't think it's the type of shirt that shouldn't have garnered such praise considering it was in a derby. I figure those would be more catering to what we haven't seen before..

Sorry, figured you would appreciate another POV aside from the usual "so cute, yay ^_^"

and grats on the print and sell out, regardless

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

Helmet-hamster just got owned.

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
rglee129 wrote:Funny- along with ramy's designs, woot also linked seki's "imposter." The irony is rich.

wasn't that a collabo between seki and ramy?

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

alfbo

magicalchuchutrain wrote:Needed to act faster

That's what she said?

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

BlueEagle23

quality posts: 3 Private Messages BlueEagle23
pheonix28 wrote:why oh why does it have to be sold out?

Why are shirt quantities limited to 3000? When the shirts are sold out in the morning, obvioulsy many more would be bought.

matty1124

quality posts: 2 Private Messages matty1124

greatest shirt ever! wish i got up sooner for this one

alfbo

BlueEagle23 wrote:Why are shirt quantities limited to 3000? When the shirts are sold out in the morning, obvioulsy many more would be bought.

So they can sell more of them the next day @ $15 instead of $10.

BlueEagle23

quality posts: 3 Private Messages BlueEagle23
alfbo wrote:So they can sell more of them the next day @ $15 instead of $10.

Where can I buy the previous day's shirt?

sdsnowbrdr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdsnowbrdr

They look more like prairie dogs than hamsters.

midorichi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages midorichi

Damn! Awesome job ramyb! You're dominating so much, that this could be like a part-time job for you.

Cute design. And oh, the classic 'that's what she said' joke. I may buy for a guy friend some day.

Anyways, congrats on the sell out!

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129
alfbo wrote:wasn't that a collabo between seki and ramy?

I am corrected. Well, it WOULD have been ironic if seki's had snuck in there.

bmwaldron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmwaldron

AWHHHH MAN, i missed it... possible the funniest shirt i've seen in a lonnng time.

ao7996

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ao7996

old or not, I still get a kick when this is pulled out of no where during conversation... but yeah, like ALL jokes, it can get repetitious quickly.

This will make a nice addition to my shirt.woot.rotation

And for those making the "it's offensive because of _____"... please toughen up. Its a light hearted joke and is not meant maliciously (most of the time I'm assuming) and those claiming its harassment perhaps dial down their internal political correctness meters *

/*in my obviously less than humble opinion

I am Jack's smirking revenge.

pbailey1980

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbailey1980

Ok, Ramyb has done some OUTSTANDING work, and this art is no less great. But "that's what she said"? Are you kidding me? Yeah... Not buying a shirt that says that. This is why I hate when they allow text in derby's. Can't wait to see his next one though.

Rokk0

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Rokk0

It's unfortunate that people get so up in arms over a joke.

jzlosman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzlosman

Why has the Derby become all about cute animal koi? This is getting annoying, IMO. Nothing against the shirt or the artist, just the general voting patterns of the woot voters.

lisaviolet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lisaviolet
jzlosman wrote:Why has the Derby become all about cute animal koi? This is getting annoying, IMO. Nothing against the shirt or the artist, just the general voting patterns of the woot voters.

Well, obviously that's what appeals to the majority of the voters. And the only way I can see that not happening is if they no longer allow cute animals as subject matter. And they'd probably not sell nearly as many shirts.

Me, I won't vote on wistful, beautiful women shirts, shirts with dinosaurs or big lizards on them, monkeys, or skeleton/skulls.

Heck, I don't even vote on cute animal shirts. I do vote for shirts with kitty cats, but I gave up on that because the shirts I voted on never won. So, I don't even vote any more.

But I buy shirts with cute animals, stick figures, and kitty cats.

I like today's shirt because I find the cute animals appealing and the text reaches my inner fifteen year old girl that laughs at anything with vaguely sexual undertones.

magicalchuchutrain

alfbo wrote:That's what she said?

haha nice one!

Jfreak623

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jfreak623

well i hope the bacon shirt is up next tonight. If so im in for one!

teamjeru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teamjeru

Oggling my goat? missed out on this I want one!!!!!

legom7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages legom7
Jfreak623 wrote:well i hope the bacon shirt is up next tonight. If so im in for one!

God I hope not...although it probably will be. -_- I really did enjoy the pirate shirt.