rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Congrats, Boots. The colors here are bizarrely awesome. Cool shirt!

mfbassplayer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfbassplayer

Congrats! Very well deserved Boots!

Yaaaaaaawn. I'm bored.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

I just love the gold on the blue and the glaze on that donut. I'm so happy this got printed, Boots!

StuHuffman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StuHuffman

Congrats Boots, this is great.

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

That big toothy fish should just eat his friends and the donut bait and be done with it. Cute design, but not my style.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
paulkremer wrote:I second this! I think the difference is that other artists tend to overuse the same old formulas or 'borrow' ideas from pop culture. Boots on the other hand is totally original and has a wonderful style. Maybe not everyone will appreciate it, but you can't argue there's no talent. I too hope BootsBoots stays controversy free and enjoys more success!

Quite. Anyone who would begrudge Boots a win is a ninny. She's consistently one of the most original shirt designers in the derby, even when I wouldn't wear her work.

Which is, of course, more than one can say for SOME winners.

AdderXYU

ChokingOutTheRadio wrote:Wait, so not only are the moderators now combing every comment for something that might offend, but now they're deciding what constitues a "quality post" and what doesn't? Man, woot just created the dream job for anyone with OCD and a god complex. Nice design btw.

As someone with a god complex and at least mild OCD, I can say definitively that I'd never want to moderate here. Wield the reject-o-tron, perhaps. Select shirts, potentially. But never moderate. They couldn't pay me enough in boxes of guppy to make it worth my while.

AshleyInTransit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AshleyInTransit

Congrats BootsBoots! In for twooo.

Fujiko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fujiko

I am madly in love with your artwork.

In for one.

JohnQ118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JohnQ118

this design would have been MUCH better if the fish had all remained in the water with just the pole sticking out of the hole.
pass.

wOOt! 1st woot:20-AUG’05|43-w00ts|41-shirts|3-wine.w00t!Cheeses|11-Sellouts|2-Kids.w00t

rocketjohn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn
JadenKale wrote:Awwwwww... don't insult Hugh Laurie.

it's not lupus.

rocketjohn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn
She posts as BootsBoots, like the night, of cloudless climes and starry skies; and every concept you all like, meet in her uploaded .ais.

I faiI, as this sounds familiar, but I can't place the quote - can anyone help me out?

looieb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages looieb

Last night, I was exhausted, but I stayed up until one in the morning, just to see if this would print. I was actually expecting this to place in third, but I was very pleased to be wrong. Ordered one, and I can't wait for it to arrive. Congrats BootsBoots!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
rocketjohn wrote:I faiI, as this sounds familiar, but I can't place the quote - can anyone help me out?

I'm not positive, but I assumed it was "She Walks in Beauty"

"She walks in beauty like the night.
Something, something, starry skies.
Words like cheek and brow and grace..."

You know the one.

And thanks to everyone who liking the design (or not) and buying the design (or not). I'm easy to please.

BootsBoots

AdderXYU wrote:Quite. Anyone who would begrudge Boots a win is a ninny. She's consistently one of the most original shirt designers in the derby, even when I wouldn't wear her work.

Adder, you're so sweet. But I bet you get that all the time, huh. ;)

Slydon

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

BootsBoots wrote:I'm not positive, but I assumed it was "She Walks in Beauty"

we thought it was sir mix-a-lot

our bad

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

winnie71

quality posts: 1 Private Messages winnie71

I am so glad this won, thought I could've had 1st sucker, maybe next time...
I am definitely a fan, BootsBoots-even more now knowing you are from Williamsport-I grew up in Northumberland!

AdderXYU

BootsBoots wrote:Adder, you're so sweet. But I bet you get that all the time, huh. ;)

I am dark and mysterious and pissed off.

soyokazefuhen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soyokazefuhen
JadenKale wrote:Clearly you've never met a Wisconsinite/Minnesotan.
They'd never care about the feet when a donut is on the line.

Well said.

dougyfresh88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dougyfresh88

Cute shirt, but I just can't see myself wearing it much. I think it just has too much going on for my tastes, although I'm not much for light blue shirts in general so this entire derby was kinda meh for me.

EDIT: I am tempted to grab it just to be the only person in Wyoming with the shirt. But I still think I will pass. Now get Dali Chocobos on here and we will talk boots

AdderXYU

I'm not going to lie, it makes me a bit sad that the second design to ever undersell its votes is a Boots.

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
AdderXYU wrote:I'm not going to lie, it makes me a bit sad that the second design to ever undersell its votes is a Boots.

I makes me more than a little sad... I don't get it. Now, there are other Boots designs that I like better than this one*, but what happened?

*I totally intend this to reflect on the awsomeness of her other designs, rather than a dig at this design, which I love as well

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
AdderXYU wrote:I'm not going to lie, it makes me a bit sad that the second design to ever undersell its votes is a Boots.

I am shocked. This derby could have been as big as the Water Derby was last year at this time. Instead, we're watching 1st, 2nd and likely 3rd struggling to even break the halfway mark.

BootsBoots

dougyfresh88 wrote:Cute shirt, but I just can't see myself wearing it much. I think it just has too much going on for my tastes, although I'm not much for light blue shirts in general so this entire derby was kinda meh for me.

EDIT: I am tempted to grab it just to be the only person in Wyoming with the shirt. But I still think I will pass. Now get Dali Chocobos on here and we will talk boots

I submitted Dali Chocobos to Cameesa last week. It should be up there sometime in the next few days.

BootsBoots

This is horrible. I feel kind of bad. Well... you know... two people told me that the woot page just hung when they tried to log in, so they're going to buy it today instead. That's 2 more added to the total. Jeez.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
BootsBoots wrote:This is horrible. I feel kind of bad. Well... you know... two people told me that the woot page just hung when they tried to log in, so they're going to buy it today instead. That's 2 more added to the total. Jeez.

You are such an amazing artist, so please don't feel bad. Who knows the reason for the low total. Could be several reasons out of your control.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Andy47240 wrote:You are such an amazing artist, so please don't feel bad. Who knows the reason for the low total. Could be several reasons out of your control.

I agree, don't sweat it. It was a low voting/buying weekend in general. Keep up the stellar, original work.

nrarmen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nrarmen
tgentry wrote:I agree, don't sweat it. It was a low voting/buying weekend in general. Keep up the stellar, original work.

Yeah, definitely keep up your great work!

I thought the theme was terrible though...

leelaaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leelaaa
tgentry wrote:I agree, don't sweat it. It was a low voting/buying weekend in general. Keep up the stellar, original work.

i blame the economy and all the speculation about millions losing jobs

looieb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages looieb

Got my shirt in the mail today. Very pleased with it! It ended up looking a little brighter than I imagined it would, but I still think it looks very nice.

richaad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richaad

such a beautiful shirt lol

jmenik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmenik
BootsBoots wrote:This is horrible. I feel kind of bad. Well... you know... two people told me that the woot page just hung when they tried to log in, so they're going to buy it today instead. That's 2 more added to the total. Jeez.

Dear Heart,
It is a lovely, twisted shirt, and I can't wait to put it all over my lovely, twisted self.
Besos,
J

heh.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

I got my Stalemate in the mail yesterday. I love it. It's just a fantastic design. I'd post pics, but it looks just like looieb's , l0l...

I think it's great. I love the pale blue, it really helps the "icey" feel of the design, and the color choices (as in all Boot's designs) are simply gorgeous. I really can't understand why it's not doing better.

Boots, whether the sales reflect it or not, this design is great. As a matter of fact, after I saw it in person, I've ordered a second one.

BootsBoots

Jestik wrote:I got my Stalemate in the mail yesterday. I love it. It's just a fantastic design. I'd post pics, but it looks just like looieb's , l0l...

I think it's great. I love the pale blue, it really helps the "icey" feel of the design, and the color choices (as in all Boot's designs) are simply gorgeous. I really can't understand why it's not doing better.

Boots, whether the sales reflect it or not, this design is great. As a matter of fact, after I saw it in person, I've ordered a second one.

Well, ok. I feel better now that people have patted me on the head. And the pictures look good. And Jestik bought two. Ok. Appeased. No more bad feelings!

flower753

quality posts: 2 Private Messages flower753

Here's a couple more close-ups. It really looks great in person!