SarahPants5

quality posts: 6 Private Messages SarahPants5

Oh and I just noticed God's halo...since when does God have a halo?? I get the angels and Jesus and stuff, but never thought of God with a halo...*shrug*

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

O M G CHO!!! Finally a daily from you... about damn time.

Great job.

svengoolie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages svengoolie

Aside from being blasphemous (why is it that it's just fine to make fun of Christians and white people but any other religion and any other ethnicity is completely off limits? It's hard being a white man in modern America) this shirt will be seen by anyone that looks at you wearing it as some crappy 5 dollar thing you picked up at a generic t-shirt shop.

Ya know, that "I'm with Stupid" kind of thing.

This would be helped a lot if it wasn't printed on white. The white background really just makes it feel like a generic piece of junk.

smeyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smeyer

The stegosaurus became extinct for over 80 million years before the appearance of the T-rex. This shirt is inaccurate!

MasterHicarbdicke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MasterHicarbdicke
opera0932 wrote:I think that it needs to be said that this shirt is potentially offensive. I am deeply offended by the mocking nature of this shirt to everything that I believe in.

REALLY? How? I seriously don't understand.

Is it offensive to suggest that dinosaurs actually existed? Because they did; there are fossils and stuff. I've seen 'em.

Is it offensive to suggest that God had some control over the meteor that smashed into the planet and killed all these creatures off? Because I'd think it was right up your alley to imply that God is controlling the things that happen here on Earth.

Please explain it to me!

ArdenD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ArdenD

*ding*

I had to flush $10 on this one. Even though it's white, and I prefer not wearing white shirts... I think I could see myself actually wearing this one

Arden

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

for some reason, I was thinking those dinosaurs were communist....

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
svengoolie wrote:Aside from being blasphemous (why is it that it's just fine to make fun of Christians and white people but any other religion and any other ethnicity is completely off limits? It's hard being a white man in modern America) this shirt will be seen by anyone that looks at you wearing it as some crappy 5 dollar thing you picked up at a generic t-shirt shop.

Ya know, that "I'm with Stupid" kind of thing.

This would be helped a lot if it wasn't printed on white. The white background really just makes it feel like a generic piece of junk.

You know why it's okay to make fun of Christians and whites? Because both take themselves FAR too seriously since both are the majority in America. My god, poor you... you make more money in modern America than any ethnic minority or females in general. POOR YOU! (and although I am not a man by any stretch of the definition or imagination, I AM Christian and I DO believe our own religion takes themselves FAR too seriously... probably the best reason as to why I'm a non-practicing Catholic.)

I'd like to see a shirt like this at all at a generic shirt shop, let alone for $5. ZOMG! You might actually drop an extra fiver on this original piece that a Korean designer made. And it's ludicrous to ask for it on any other color than white. There are 6 inks on it already. Had this been on another color (Grass or Asphalt, since those colors are included in the design), people would be pissing and moaning about how it feels like a sheet of ink across where God's robes are. He's effectively used the negative space in such a way so that people don't wail on like televangelists when they receive their shirts.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

oh- forgot to mention:

Great job, Mr. Cho! It's very cool to to see you with a daily. Aside from yesterday, woot has graced us with some quality daily offerings lately.

This shirt is fantastic. Nothing blasphemous about it, just really cool.

I'm sure God DID send asteroids to wipe out the dinosaurs. Because they were communist, I'm sure.

fourmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fourmonkey

so hate white.
so... gotta... have it.

mybell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell
austin1031 wrote:Wait - if you tell us that there are secret messages for us to find, doesn't that make them NOT secret anymore? Isn't the whole point of secret messages that only the ones intended to read it know it's there?

You can only read the secret messages if you have the secret decoder ring.

fleamarketadict

quality posts: 8 Private Messages fleamarketadict
shutts67 wrote:As the rejector has said many times when dealing with God, "Nope."

ditto

JadenKale wrote:.....(...I AM Christian and I DO believe our own religion takes themselves FAR too seriously... probably the best reason as to why I'm a non-practicing Catholic).

(Forgive me for discussing religion here, but as a Christian I feel I must.)
Jaden, true Christianity is not a religion, its a relationship.

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

joec56

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joec56
smeyer wrote:The stegosaurus became extinct for over 80 million years before the appearance of the T-rex. This shirt is inaccurate!

I'm sure you know this because you were there...

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

I would never have thought this was a James piece without reading it. This is why he is a great artist in my opinion. He never stops evolving and isn't afraid to try new things.

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus

you need to come back to the derbies, james!

samwilson777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samwilson777

Thank God for this shirt! lol

Not a fan of the white, but this is too awesome to pass up

RichnPlenty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RichnPlenty

Could you do the same thing, except put Barack in the photo? He is more intent on destroying free society than Christ ever would be.

This is truly a tasteless shirt.

BTW - I am not even a bible thumper, but the overtone is that Christ somehow destroyed evolution. Aren't democrats the ones who support abortions?

dankstick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dankstick

Ahhh, I see the elusive Biceratops in the background.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
RichnPlenty wrote:Could you do the same thing, except put Barack in the photo? He is more intent on destroying free society than Christ ever would be.

BTW - I am not even a bible thumper, but the overtone is that Christ somehow destroyed evolution. Aren't democrats the ones who support abortions?

What in God's name are you talking about? Where is Christ in the design? Free society? abortions?

I see on the shirt that, while God doesn't play at dice, not even D&D dice, he does like to play at smashing monsters, 'n stuff. This seems to be Old Testament God, who did a lot of smiting.

adamundefined

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamundefined

I'm a Christian and I just bought mine. I'll probably wear it to church.

Also I'm from Nova Scotia and it did turn out especially good. We do have lots of whale watching tours.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
RichnPlenty wrote:Could you do the same thing, except put Barack in the photo? He is more intent on destroying free society than Christ ever would be.

I don't think any political party is in favor of abortions. They're just in favor of tolerating other people's beliefs and decisions. I am in favor of them though. Mandatory abortions for all, I say!

This shirt is pretty funny. I don't think it's offensive. It's playful, not really a statement shirt.

angelacordova

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angelacordova

I am a Christian who is very active in my church. This is absolutely hilarious shirt! I bought 2, 1 for me, and 1 for my 2 year old.

I def think God has a sense of humor, I mean, He made me! I believe that He would def buy this shirt, you know if they made a God size.

buffcessna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buffcessna
MasterHicarbdicke wrote:REALLY? How? I seriously don't understand.

Is it offensive to suggest that dinosaurs actually existed? Because they did; there are fossils and stuff. I've seen 'em.

Is it offensive to suggest that God had some control over the meteor that smashed into the planet and killed all these creatures off? Because I'd think it was right up your alley to imply that God is controlling the things that happen here on Earth.

Please explain it to me!

You're right. Dinosaurs did exist. However you're looking at them from an evolutionary point of view. If you look at them from a Biblical view, you can clearly see what the Bible says in regards to dinosaurs. God created land animals on Day 6 of Creation Week. Dinosaurs are land animals, so therefore, God created dinosaurs on Day 6. So, what about those fossils huh? Don't they reveal millions of years? No. In order for fossils to form, an animal must have an extremely rapid burial by layers of mud and water. Now, how could that happen? Again, turn to the Bible for such a catastrophe. Sounds like the flood of Noah's time.

Start with the Bible to build your thinking and you can easily explain these things.

Surfserpent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Surfserpent

"jesus," this is the worst shirt woot ever allowed to make it this far - maybe great for small children (or those with a child's mind) who don't know what they're wearing.

-The Kingsnake

harle85

quality posts: 6 Private Messages harle85
scottjl wrote:great design and i'm gonna wear it just to piss some people off!

Who are you expecting to piss off? I'm a proud Christian and I'm totally in for one!

buffcessna

harle85 wrote:Who are you expecting to piss off? I'm a proud Christian and I'm totally in for one!

I don't see how you can be a Christian and believe in evolution. If you do, that puts death, suffering and disease before Adam's sin. The Bible is clear that death, disease and suffering is a result of sin. So, to me, believing in evolution is to deny the entire authenticity of the Bible.

shonnelizabeth

quality posts: 7 Private Messages shonnelizabeth

Wow, I had no idea God looks like Kenny Rogers.

SeraphSix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SeraphSix

People who believe that the days of creation were actual Earth days have obviously never heard of special relativity...

chamelly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chamelly

awwuu that is too cruel! but funny...

prateeko wrote:You totally know God is making sound effects as He does this too.

"Woosh woosh!"

"OH MY ME, WATCH OUT DINOSAURS!!"

"KA-BLOOIE!!!"

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
buffcessna wrote:I don't see how you can be a Christian and believe in evolution. If you do, that puts death, suffering and disease before Adam's sin. The Bible is clear that death, disease and suffering is a result of sin. So, to me, believing in evolution is to deny the entire authenticity of the Bible.

It seems like if you take the Bible metaphorically instead of literally, then you can.

Razor1973

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Razor1973

hahahahahaha In for one!

Started wooting on: 2/25/2008 · Addicted on: 2/25/2008
Most recent woots: Most recent woots: BOOMbox, Playing God, Saur Loser, Tastes Like Excel, ...
Total woots: 16 ($320)

dankstick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dankstick

God as portrayed on The Simpsons has 5 digits on each hand, on Family Guy he has 4, and finally James Cho gives him syndactyly.

buffcessna

BootsBoots wrote:It seems like if you take the Bible metaphorically instead of literally, then you can.

I agree. You read each book of the Bible the way it was meant to be read. Genesis as literal history, Psalms as poetry, Revelation as prophecy.

sxyskeksis

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sxyskeksis

You can dye this shirt a number of ways and maintain the design. The basic ways would be to batik (apply melted clear wax to the area, dye, and then use lots of brown paper bags and a warmish iron to take off the wax) or tie dye (grab only the top layer right in the middle of the design and put a rubber band tightly around where you want the dye to end, then dip dye). You can also use a chemical resist like these from Dharma Trading.

Also here is aWiki article on Resist Dyeing.

Mr3dPHD

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mr3dPHD

Ha ha, wow! Some of you guys are taking this whole thing a bit to heart (on both sides). Its cool to state your opinion, but lets leave out the destain and sarcasm, okay? THAT is the reason there is so much hate between the religious and non-religious. Well...the main reason, at least.

Anyway, in reference to that comment regarding the "500 versions of the Bible"...that's true, but that doesn't mean that there is no translation that is accurate. There are several which are based directly on the Dead Sea Scrolls (you know...original or first generation copies of a huge portion of the Bible). In fact, all of the mainstream versions of the Bible which were previously critisized for being products of 2000 years worth of retranslating (KJV, NIV, etc) were matched up with the scrolls in the 50s and 60s and found to be astonishingly accurate to the letter. If you read how they were translated, it was a painstaking process I won't get into since this is supposed to be a comment about a shirt. Wow this is off subject. Anyway, thought I'd throw that out there.

Also, I really don't think the shirt is what's blasphemous...its the clever commentary (which I normally like even more than the shirts). Implying that God doesn't care about humanity, that he only makes a mess of things? Really, that seems a bit over the line to me. But again...its all opinions, and they make the world go round, right?

Woots: 26
Wine.Woots: 3
Kids.Woots: 4
Shirt.Woots: 1
Sellout.Woots: 1
Craps: 6

BSandlady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BSandlady

Funny shirt, and the write up is even better!! Keep it up Woot. We love it.

gojibear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gojibear
flipmeister wrote:question woot staffers... is gods shirt ink or a non-inked white... i want this shirt but am thinking on changing the color but wont want to change his shirt color. anyone know?

You can get a sort of dye resisting material that you paint on the white bitsto keep them white if it is blank un-inked spaces...dharma trading has them.

opera0932

quality posts: 0 Private Messages opera0932
MasterHicarbdicke wrote:REALLY? How? I seriously don't understand.

Please explain it to me!

I am not offended by the presence of dinosaurs. Even though God is in control of the events going on on this shirt, I am offended because God is portrayed as a child. Not just that, but a child who acts impulsively on a whim or just because he is bored. Plus, there are many irreverent things that are said in the text that is shown below the shirt. Ir is for those reasons that I am offended.

tehooper

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tehooper
alfbo wrote:I wonder if a Creationist would wear this.

That's the thing... I love the shirt design but wouldn't wear it for fear of being mis-labeled a Christian.

Totally not understanding someone who thinks this makes fun of religion. This shirt is your best possible answer to the classic "what about dinosaurs?" question.