jamescho84


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84

Long time no see wooters. Thanks for the purchases, the kind words, and the debate. It's truely interesting to see peoples perspectives, even if this is just a shirt, how different people interpret it makes it worth the time I spent on it. The money doesn't hurt either .

Thanks again.

donnaluvswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages donnaluvswoot
crazykidtexan wrote:I really do love you Shirt.Woot


Like Seriously, are you doing anything Saturday?


You want to catch a movie?


Call Me!



Where are you in Texas??

nemo728


quality posts: 3 Private Messages nemo728
opera0932 wrote:I think that it needs to be said that this shirt is potentially offensive. I am deeply offended by the mocking nature of this shirt to everything that I believe in. I can respect that there are differences in religion, but I do not think that a religion should be made fun of in this way.

Now that I've said that, I would like anyone who either purchased this shirt because it mocks the Christian Faith, or anyone who feels a similar opinion to know that I will be praying for you. Please do not take offense to this gesture, but I feel that you should know that somewhere out there, someone you've never met is praying for you tonight.

In Christ,
opera0932

P.S. John 3:16



On one hand we have the overly confident piousness that has driven so many away from Christianity.

rickooski wrote:Speaking as a christian, if your faith is that weak, or your life that unfulfilled/boring that you have to complain about a shirt on woot because it may some way some how possibly insult God because it shows him happy and playing with Dinos then you need to pull off the purity ring and go to TGI Fridays.



And then the rationalization that many seem to lack. Rickooski, are you sure your a christian? You're not angry enough.


Its just a shirt. A great one at that. I must say, a part of me bought it for its blasphemous nature and while i slightly hesitated at being thought to be a christian while wearing the shirt, i really dont care.

woots: 27 / 3 bandoliers of carrots!
shirt woots: 45
first woot on 2007.07.24

donnaluvswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages donnaluvswoot
SavedChristian wrote:I think you can tell very easily by my name what I believe. However, I don't find this shirt offensive. I don't want to buy one, but I don't see this shirt as the attack on Christianity that others seem to see.

If I'm unwilling to allow for a humerous look at my faith, then my faith is to rigid and lifeless. I often joke that my friends just aren't "Christian" enough when they don't show up at church one Sunday. I don't believe this at all, but I love to infuse humor to something that is so central to my life.

Why can't we all just step back, have a good laugh, and realize even God has a sense of humor! Maybe He's even having a little chuckle at this shirt...




Amen to that!! He did create humor after all.

fallapart


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fallapart
buffcessna wrote:I don't see how you can be a Christian and believe in evolution. If you do, that puts death, suffering and disease before Adam's sin. The Bible is clear that death, disease and suffering is a result of sin. So, to me, believing in evolution is to deny the entire authenticity of the Bible.



Curiously sin and death did exist before Adam, or do you think Satan's fall was post-adamic? For that matter, where do you think the serpent came from if there was no sin before Adam's fall. Paul's writings in Romans makes it clear that the death brought about by Adam's disobedience is a spiritual death, not a physical one, or we'd all be physically immortal as soon as sin was gone from our lives (through acceptance of Christ's sacrifice).

. : | MARTURIA | : .

magicalchuchutrain


quality posts: 1 Private Messages magicalchuchutrain

Apparently God loves everyone except Dinosaurs. He looks like a five year old playing with Legos and Hot wheels. How cute.

laughdavid1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages laughdavid1
EdwardBlake wrote:Hahahaha. I bet fundies would love this shirt. :P



Well as a moderate "fundie", I think it would be a great shirt to wear to bring up the topic. There are those that believe in an intelligent design were the Dinos would be included.

fleamarketadict


quality posts: 8 Private Messages fleamarketadict
JessicaLopes wrote:You know what... I'm going to tye-dye it......



Tie-dye it, now there's a thought. I had decided not to buy 'cause I don't wear white, now I have to reconsider.....do I really care if my fellow church/family members might piously take offense?

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

fleamarketadict


quality posts: 8 Private Messages fleamarketadict
EdwardBlake wrote:Hahahaha. I bet fundies would love this shirt. :P



laughdavid1 wrote:Well as a moderate "fundie", I think it would be a great shirt to wear to bring up the topic. There are those that believe in an intelligent design were the Dinos would be included.



Haha! I wasn't familiar with the term "fundie", so I googled "fundie" and this is the first thing that came up:
Fundies - Underwear for two www.shopinprivate.com/fununfortwo.html

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

bwccwb


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bwccwb
himani0118 wrote:I would love a Vishnu shirt! Or a Hanuman one! That monkey god is bananas... HA!
However, I can't speak for the other Hindus out there, some of them are a little too 'fundie' for my taste.



or a flying spaghetti monster one!

nemo728


quality posts: 3 Private Messages nemo728
bwccwb wrote:or a flying spaghetti monster one!



seconded!

woots: 27 / 3 bandoliers of carrots!
shirt woots: 45
first woot on 2007.07.24

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

It is not worth talking to the insane-o christians in this thread, so I'll instead address the dye-jobbers:

If you dye this shirt, God's beard, robe, and the clouds will all turn that color. Please for the sake of logic do not dye this shirt. Just wear a white shirt. It won't hurt you.

eks0153


quality posts: 1 Private Messages eks0153

Love it! I've been checking Woot daily for a while now, while not being a member. I joined just for this shirt.

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb

Woo bouncy- go go go :D

(Congrats on the imminent sellout)

bryanjmatthews


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryanjmatthews

Regarding the derby, what techniques do people use to design. Hand drawn? Photoshop? Illustrator? Don't give me your secrets, just get me started.

alfbo


quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo

Oi! Mosh good!! It's starting to bounce!

Either we have incurred His wrath, or it's about to sell.out!

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
alfbo wrote:Oi! Mosh good!! It's starting to bounce!

Either we have incurred His wrath, or it's about to sell.out!



I say both... watch the site go offline when it sells out.

MHBoston


quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
bryanjmatthews wrote:Regarding the derby, what techniques do people use to design. Hand drawn? Photoshop? Illustrator? Don't give me your secrets, just get me started.



This post has information for you.

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 28 | k.w ~ 1 |

CardinalGoldstein


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

Blasphemonious to the nth degree, and I am loving it. Go forth and blasphemize some more my son.

jazzaholic17


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazzaholic17

Washington seems to have the most purchasers which is awesome since we're known for our atheists... gotta epitomize the stereotype.

I'm surprised this didn't sell out a lot faster.

4pawz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 4pawz
buffcessna wrote:I don't see how you can be a Christian and believe in evolution. If you do, that puts death, suffering and disease before Adam's sin. The Bible is clear that death, disease and suffering is a result of sin. So, to me, believing in evolution is to deny the entire authenticity of the Bible.



My husband and I were just discussing this runaway train two days ago. As Christians that work in the field of Molecular Biology, we can assure you that it is quite possible to believe in God AND Evolution. But don't take our word for it. May I suggest picking up a copy of "The Language of God" by Francis Collins?

chemist357


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chemist357

Is white a color ??????

10elawncare


quality posts: 1 Private Messages 10elawncare

I needed this shirt. I just love dinosaurs!

deraj828


quality posts: 8 Private Messages deraj828

Oh, atheists. Y'all're so cute when you talk like you've thought about this harder than we have.

Really I think this picture is hilarious. I'm studying geology at a Christian school, and whenever I think of God watching the earth do its thing, I can't help but think he gets a kick out of mountains forming and volcanoes exploding and meteors crashing down. Be pretty boring 4 billion years otherwise, ya know?

Ha! Ni förstår inte detta! Det går inte att censurera nåt om ni inte förstår det! Ha! Där fick ni!

Ryfiel


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryfiel

Is this the closest it's gotten to midnight and sold out anyway?

Lucky30605


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lucky30605

I bought this just as it almost sold out.

Yay, me.

Thank you, Jesus.

jel2301


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301

Nice Joan Osborne reference in the write-up, which I just realized is probably long enough ago to qualify as old-school. Sucky.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
JadenKale wrote:You know why it's okay to make fun of Christians and whites? Because both take themselves FAR too seriously since both are the majority in America. My god, poor you... you make more money in modern America than any ethnic minority or females in general. POOR YOU! (and although I am not a man by any stretch of the definition or imagination, I AM Christian and I DO believe our own religion takes themselves FAR too seriously... probably the best reason as to why I'm a non-practicing Catholic.)



I disagree. I don't think it's ok to make fun of Christians or caucasian people. That people think it's ok is indicative of something wrong in our society. Racism is racism, regardless of who it is against.

Also, if you are a non-practicing Catholic, you are a Christian in name only. I can respect that, but calling yourself a Christian only makes it more confusing to non-believers what it means to be a Christian. We already have to deal with homophobes, intolerant bigots and white supremacists (news flash - Jesus was most probably not a white guy). Christianity is about faith, hope and LOVE. It's not just a religion. Please don't use the "I'm a Christian too" argument just to blast people who really do believe (even if they do get a little crazy).

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
AdderXYU wrote:It is not worth talking to the insane-o christians in this thread, so I'll instead address the dye-jobbers:

If you dye this shirt, God's beard, robe, and the clouds will all turn that color. Please for the sake of logic do not dye this shirt. Just wear a white shirt. It won't hurt you.



There's already been a lot of discussion dyeing techniques that will preserve the white clothing.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

eatmorecoconuts


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eatmorecoconuts

Sad part is it's considered 'offensive' to make fun of most religion's except for christianity of course.

Start making fun of Muslim's and Budhist's please!

arioth


quality posts: 1 Private Messages arioth
ChefRAZ wrote:why is it on the second day all the funnies come out? why! why? I believe in god and he's big and hot and sunny. and he's not going anywhere, anytime soon.


P.S. but wear sunscreen with my god, cause he burns you if your not carefull.


Well, actually I was here last night and woo hoo hoo. I'm obviously concerned NOW.

jakewalczak


quality posts: 8 Private Messages jakewalczak

I like white shirts... a lot!

Why are white shirts so bad? I love wearing plain white tee shirts daily!

??????????????????

geoncic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages geoncic

I think the people that hate white shirts are the ones who can't keep their shirts so whie (pit stains, meatball subs, spaghetti, etc.)

JamexArea


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JamexArea

aren't the shirts 10 bucks? Why was I charged 15, I didn't get it expedited either..

ratchangelam


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ratchangelam
JamexArea wrote:aren't the shirts 10 bucks? Why was I charged 15, I didn't get it expedited either..



You bought it the day after. First day is ten bucks, second day and onward price is fifteen.

baseproduct


quality posts: 5 Private Messages baseproduct
deraj828 wrote:Oh, atheists. Y'all're so cute when you talk like you've thought about this harder than we have.



Not all of you... just some of you.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
eHalcyon wrote:I disagree. I don't think it's ok to make fun of Christians or caucasian people. That people think it's ok is indicative of something wrong in our society. Racism is racism, regardless of who it is against.

Also, if you are a non-practicing Catholic, you are a Christian in name only. I can respect that, but calling yourself a Christian only makes it more confusing to non-believers what it means to be a Christian. We already have to deal with homophobes, intolerant bigots and white supremacists (news flash - Jesus was most probably not a white guy). Christianity is about faith, hope and LOVE. It's not just a religion. Please don't use the "I'm a Christian too" argument just to blast people who really do believe (even if they do get a little crazy).


I don't think we should be making fun of anyone, but he made a derogatory comment. I decided to make a point of pointing out WHY it is accepted, regardless if people like it or not. My post, had you cared to note most of it, was made to point out how utterly ridiculous his comments were. Perhaps you should have read that a little more carefully.

As for my religious beliefs, don't criticize mine and we'll be fine. Just because I don't spend every Sunday morning in a building where people nod off, leave early because the game's on or barely pay attention to what the priest (pastor, reverend or whomever you follow in that particular sect of the Christian faith.) says, doesn't mean I am a 'Christian in name only', as you put it. A non-practicing Catholic is a person born into a particular religion (in this case, Catholicism), not abiding by the rituals and mores of that religion. Just because I don't practice the way the majority of my faith does does not make me less of a Christian. Had you known that before you shot your fingers off, you wouldn't have looked like such a bible thumping dolt.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
JadenKale wrote:I don't think we should be making fun of anyone, but he made a derogatory comment. I decided to make a point of pointing out WHY it is accepted, regardless if people like it or not. My post, had you cared to note most of it, was made to point out how utterly ridiculous his comments were. Perhaps you should have read that a little more carefully.

As for my religious beliefs, don't criticize mine and we'll be fine. Just because I don't spend every Sunday morning in a building where people nod off, leave early because the game's on or barely pay attention to what the priest (pastor, reverend or whomever you follow in that particular sect of the Christian faith.) says, doesn't mean I am a 'Christian in name only', as you put it. A non-practicing Catholic is a person born into a particular religion (in this case, Catholicism), not abiding by the rituals and mores of that religion. Just because I don't practice the way the majority of my faith does does not make me less of a Christian. Had you known that before you shot your fingers off, you wouldn't have looked like such a bible thumping dolt.



Well then perhaps you should be more careful with the way you word things. You ask "You know why it's okay to make fun of Christians and whites?" and then proceeded to answer the question. Maybe you were being facetious, but it sounded like you were criticizing the "Christians and whites" and putting the blame on their shoulders. Anyway, I don't see what part of that guy's comment was derogatory. He made some rude comments on the shirt, but it was just an opinion and frankly, it was no worse than anything Adder has said before (exception perhaps in style). The other non-shirt comment is kinda true as well - Christians and caucasians do have a lower abuse-to-outrage ratio. And even were it completely false, it's still not derogatory.

As for your beliefs - I apologize for misinterpreting your words, but I hope you understand how I came to my conclusion. We appear to have different definitions of "non-practicing". I know plenty of people who are born into a religion and completely leave it in all but name, believing nothing. They still call themselves Christians and then we're all judged as hypocrites based on the actions of a few (that's not to imply anything about you). If your choice is not to attend Church, that's fine by me.

"Just because I don't practice the way the majority of my faith does does not make me less of a Christian."

I agree. But I'd say that you're still a practicing Christian, even if you practice in a non-standard manner. Belief can express itself in many ways, so who are we to judge which way is correct? Faith doesn't necessarily need to be institutionalized. My comment was against non-practicing Christians in the sense that they aren't Christians at all and only claim to be so because, for instance, they were baptized as a baby. I'm sorry I misunderstood what you meant.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't resort to name-calling. I've been around the forums long enough to know you're an intelligent woman, so I'm pretty sure we can talk without calling each other "dolts". As for "Bible thumper" - well, I'm not ashamed to say what I believe, even if other people think less of me for it, but I thought that term applied mostly to people who try to force Christianity down the throats of "unconverted heathens", which I most definitely have not done. I did a quick search on Wiki and found that it "is a pejorative term used to describe Christians in general" (with an emphasis on the aforementioned fundamentalists). OK then. Yes, I'm a Christian. But I will respectfully disagree with the label of "dolt".

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

jamescho84


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84

you snuggling dolts.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
jamescho84 wrote:you snuggling dolts.



I don't mind being called a dolt if it's by James Cho.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)