g8skey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages g8skey
grypes wrote:... Really?

Sorry kiddo. It'll take a touch more than your distaste towards my style to make me flinch.

I'd suggest you get a hobby but I think we can all see you already have one. :-)

pft. what style? look at everyone else's stuff man. everyone else has such sharp or they do that dotty fade thing and your lines are all choppy and dumb. you should get a hobby.

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
Re: Art Deco Helltrain (v2)

Very good work, but this version doesn't look as hellish as the other.

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
Re: Get on the Mike

This design is wearable. I like it...+1

Ojoya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ojoya
Re: Sunshine

Wow! I like this one a LOT! I've never commented on the derby shirts before, but this one made me instantly happy. I like the 'open' design. It's refreshing!

grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
g8skey wrote:pft. what style? look at everyone else's stuff man. everyone else has such sharp or they do that dotty fade thing and your lines are all choppy and dumb. you should get a hobby.

I don't do sharp and clean and I don't do halftones.

I like doing it by hand. If you don't like that it's fine. You don't have to.

Astolpho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Astolpho

Woo, submitting reasonably hearly this time. Go me.

I'm not real keen on the shirt colors available, my original color scheme was varying shades of tawny gold and cigar brown. The green here is too loud for the design, in my opinion. I'll do up some alternates and inline them in the thread.

Stormink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stormink
Re: 88 Steps (v2)

Wow. And you wonder why people always talk about how you output multiple horrible designs. What the hell are the circles doing there? It looks like stock art or clip art. Seriously. Stick to one design a week please and don't further prove everyone's point that you just mass produce junk for these contests.

Sorry if anyone else thinks this is too harsh, but I'm sick of seeing Ramyb consistently pouring out tons of junk designs each week when none of the designs are at a decent level of completion.

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
rellybob wrote:The first thing I thought of when I saw this shirt was the Batman symbol.

i don't see it

gone!

Stormink

Re: Bomb Deco

Nice colors and nice composition. Diggin' this shirt as one of my favorites of this derby.

veronikaa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages veronikaa
Re: The Rabbit's Weird Dream

very very cuuuute!
love the bunny and all the veggies...
im getting if if it wins i felt a connection with it since im a vegetarian..

the only thing i would change is the arrow... i dont know.. i dont like the shape it gives it..
but still.. GMV

mewlink64

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mewlink64
Re: You are the agent of change (resub)

nice quality, radiomode. I'd buy.

grypes

Stormink wrote:Wow. And you wonder why people always talk about how you output multiple horrible designs. What the hell are the circles doing there? It looks like stock art or clip art. Seriously. Stick to one design a week please and don't further prove everyone's point that you just mass produce junk for these contests.

Sorry if anyone else thinks this is too harsh, but I'm sick of seeing Ramyb consistently pouring out tons of junk designs each week when none of the designs are at a decent level of completion.

Well at least I'm not the only one being picked on. Though I'm not winning so I can't roll my eyes as easily at them. lol.

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo

I really like this. I hope it prints. You GMV!

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

tiar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiar
Re: Midnight Sun

Larger pics posted for your viewing pleasure.

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/Tiar73/?action=view&current=MIdnight-Sun-Detail-1.jpg

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/Tiar73/?action=view&current=MIdnight-Sun-Detail-2.jpg

Stormink

Very cool design! Too bad the public at Woot will never go for this due to their disgusting taste. Please, if it doesn't win submit it somewhere else for print because it deserves it.

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
tortureman wrote:I don't get it...

It's an art deco design of a bunny having an acid trip. What's not to get?

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

EdwardBlake

quality posts: 15 Private Messages EdwardBlake
vix828 wrote:I really really like this shirt! I hope you win. I can't figure out how to vote though. Help?

You have to purchase a woot shirt before you can vote. To prevent ballot stuffing ya know.

Awesome design, btw. Is it gonna be printed on a grey shirt?

Stormink

Re: Spicing Things Up a Bit

Another one of my favorites for this derby. Very nice design Tgentry!

Ojoya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ojoya

Um... off topic here, but... can somebody help me with my sig? I want a nice scrolly box like y'all have with this awesome t-shirt thumbnail in it... but I can't seem to manage it... Can anyone tell me what's wrong with what I've got there?

Thanky!

klawrence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages klawrence
t3hloofa wrote:I thought that when I saw the thumbnail.

I actually thought that is what it was supposed to be... (the batman symbol I mean)

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Stormink wrote:Wow. And you wonder why people always talk about how you output multiple horrible designs. What the hell are the circles doing there? It looks like stock art or clip art. Seriously. Stick to one design a week please and don't further prove everyone's point that you just mass produce junk for these contests.

I put much more time, effort and thought into my other entry in this derby, and whether you agree or not, I feel that it is most certainly a complete design, and it took a lot to complete it. Many people complained that it wasn't art deco enough for them, so I tried to do another design that was more in the style, but didn't have as much time to work on it, so it didn't turn out as "finished." If I hadn't posted it, people would have complained that week after week I can't stick to the theme (although, as I've already mentioned there, I think that my other entry is on theme, but that's a separate issue), but in posting this, the complaint is added that I don't spend enough time on my entries. People have been complaining for weeks that I don't do anything different, but don't care when I actually do. People just love to complain, so pardon me if I don't always care what they say when they are doing so. I'm not sure why I even bother defending myself anymore. I stand by my other design 100%, and this one is a design I thought of and wanted to put together, even if I couldn't necessarily invest the time I would have liked into it. Obviously, it's not the one that's doing well anyway, so I don't see the issue.

klawrence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages klawrence
grypes wrote:

I think this is a really cool idea. I also happen to like the color palette. (=

grypes

klawrence wrote:I think this is a really cool idea. I also happen to like the color palette. (=

lol. I'm glad someone's with me.

thanks for being one of 7. lol

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
Re: line-deco

Hello. I find this design very compelling. The colors are definitely art deco and the art really does echo that time period. I wonder if it wouldn't look better on a black shirt as opposed to the navy; given the turquoise - a black background might make it more unisex and wearable. Perhaps the designer can show it on black? So many of the entries slightly miss on the theme, but I think this one does capture it nicely. Good luck to all!

Quolace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Quolace
Re: DC Deco

This just looks like a Batman symbol drawn in crayon from afar, you don't see the skyline until you get closer. Not very good IMO because the grey blends in with the black.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
paulkremer wrote:Winning designs end up with more often than not over 1000 votes. The most popular end up with 2000. The Woot "community" I am referring to is not everyone who votes. A person who just passes by, doesn't even click the detail or read one word of a post (which represents the VAST majority of voters, from what I've been told), could hardly be considered part of the community. If half the comments in a thread feel the entry is off topic or have a negative comment, doesn't that qualify as the community disagreeing?

I don't believe that the voters who just scream in, click a bunch of "I'd want one's" and leave represent the will of the artists and vocal fans that frequent the boards...otherwise, the boards wouldn't be so full of negative comments lately about the shift of focus on this site.

Honestly though, this design really is as far as I've gotten from the types of designs that I've submitted before, but the same people who have been complaining continue to complain on my thread. There are plenty of designs that are just entirely off topic with no attempt to follow the theme at all, and there are even designs with cute animals, but my thread is still the one that garners the most the complaints.

twofoottail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twofoottail
Re: Deco Peacock

I remember my grandma's ugly old deco peacock brooch. It was covered in rhinestones. Wow.

Stuntdummy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stuntdummy
kdeuce wrote:resub collab. with my boi k-rob.

Perfect. Exactly what I had in mind. Hope you win!

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
Re: Construct

While I normally don't care for Ramy's designs, I actually kind of like this one. Unfortunately, I don't see this a being art deco at all. So sorry, no vote.

Jackofallgames

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jackofallgames
Re: Bomb Deco

Wow! Nicely done!
This shirt has my vote.
Excellent job with the theme, and the bomber design is right up my alley.

Send this one to the fog! :D

Player of all. Master of none.

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
Re: Midnight Sun

I would totally vote for this if the top of the fans weren't cut off.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

veronikaa

WOW
best design ever
LOVE it
GMV

veronikaa

Re: Bowl Deco

It reminds me of the big lebowski
ha! :D

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
dankstick wrote:Salute is with the incorrect arm!

This can be easily fixed simply by mirroring the image before it is printed. Not a huge deal at all.

folkkevi

peppersagooddog wrote:i thought the others had made it pretty clear this was off topic, but just in case you didnt hear them.... this is off topic.

And I thought people had made it pretty clear that this was on topic. But in case you didn't hear them ... this is on topic.

If you took the time to actually think about the period of Art Deco you would realize that Soviet posters post-WW2 were done in the period and style of art deco.

folkkevi

grypes wrote:lol. I'm glad someone's with me.

thanks for being one of 7. lol

The color choices are similar to some Art Deco stuff, so that is a good start. I would suggest playing with placement and size a bit more. Also, there are some line quality issues that do arise, I do agree that the hand-drawn feel is nice, but steadying it a bit migtht help as well.

This is actually one of the more inventive submissions out there right now though.

grypes

folkkevi wrote:The color choices are similar to some Art Deco stuff, so that is a good start. I would suggest playing with placement and size a bit more. Also, there are some line quality issues that do arise, I do agree that the hand-drawn feel is nice, but steadying it a bit migtht help as well.

This is actually one of the more inventive submissions out there right now though.

Well thanks for advice. I dunno how else to approach placement though. lol. I suck at that stuff.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Old Time Radio Waves

So, I was working on another design and struggling to make it more art deco... did this one in the meantime, and I think I caught the style? Let's hope you do too! Feedback/suggestions appreciated, thanks.

Vote!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

I know nothing about art deco, but even I can see that this is art deco.

I think this would have made a spectacular back print.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)