gone!

kandiiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kandiiz

kandiiz

surlawris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages surlawris
kandiiz wrote:

the full image you can see, if you press CTRL and click view image.
or else, i uploaded the right hand side separately as well.

dangurous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dangurous
Stormink wrote:Wow. And you wonder why people always talk about how you output multiple horrible designs. What the hell are the circles doing there? It looks like stock art or clip art. Seriously. Stick to one design a week please and don't further prove everyone's point that you just mass produce junk for these contests.

Sorry if anyone else thinks this is too harsh, but I'm sick of seeing Ramyb consistently pouring out tons of junk designs each week when none of the designs are at a decent level of completion.

here's one thing i think when i see this box, regardless of the fact that ramyb's artwork is ALWAYS worth buying (timing not always right for me though): stormlink is tired of seeing ramyb's stuff, over and over, even though it's all different. stormlink, who joined a couple weeks after i discovered the site, has bought nothing at all from woot. have you truly found nothing to like in over three months? in any case, positive constructive criticism will get you farther than going "i don't like your stuff". i wish i could "mass produce junk for these contests" because i would be garnering a fan base and making money creating art. if you don't like it, keep doing what you're doing and have no contribution. GMV ramy, probably not purchaseable (lack of current funds) but definitely wearable.

34 woots for shirts, most recent: 10/23/12: Fresh Cake Remix (L); 9/22/10 - iHome Optical Netbook Mouse; 7/12/10 - Woot Off Lights; 5/26/10 - Jolly Roger Floor Mat; 11/23/09 - Memorex 720p HD Mini Camcorder; 3/23/09 - iRobot Roomba 535 Robotic Vacuum

kandiiz

Re: GO, train

right click and view image to view the details at once, or else the right side is uploaded separately below:

:D

dangurous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dangurous
Re: Bowl Deco

GMV. probably because i love bowling so much.

34 woots for shirts, most recent: 10/23/12: Fresh Cake Remix (L); 9/22/10 - iHome Optical Netbook Mouse; 7/12/10 - Woot Off Lights; 5/26/10 - Jolly Roger Floor Mat; 11/23/09 - Memorex 720p HD Mini Camcorder; 3/23/09 - iRobot Roomba 535 Robotic Vacuum

emoj0388

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emoj0388
kinzoku wrote:Very true to the Art Deco style. I can imagine seeing this on a 20s or 30s poster.

Because it's directly from one!
http://www.shipboard.info/blog/archives/L%27Atlantique.jpg

An awesome reimagining of it though. I originally thought that the poster was supposed to be the Lusitania, hence the submarine, but I love this shirt. GMV.

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
Shoppingdingo wrote:egyptian? sure
mayan? sure
deco? ..?

Well if you can find an EXACT definition that fits every "art deco" piece meets then mr. you're a better man than I. If I interpret the deco movement in this way, who's to say that it's not? Someone with a phd, or the author of a book. Even the most avid art teachers and students don't agree on one SPECIFIC definition for what qualifies as deco art. There are only general, very loose, trends that we as humans try to categorize, after the fact, into nice little packages that we can digest and give to others.

Ok, so philosophy lesson over. Not trying to argue, but basically I'm just pointing out the subjectivity of art as it applies directly to the comment you made.

Thank you for taking the time to show interest and post your opinion.

DarkChii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarkChii
Re: Blue Deco Cult

I've been busy pulling my hair out trying to get this to look just right. I hope you all like it. ^_^

DavidShenoda

gizagiza wrote:Nice design, but I want to know what the placement on the shirt is like.

Sorry about that I made the shirt comp on my lunch break and had to hurry, but basically placement is to left extending across chest top other side of the printable area. I would post another example to show you, but I am out of town for the weekend. Thanks for looking/voting though!

nbrosas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbrosas
Re: GO, train

Really cool looking design, but I see no relation to the theme here. Maybe save it for another derby?

Sakumi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sakumi
re: all your deco are belong to us

I liked the design til I saw the robot. Maybe just try a standalone UFO design?

Sakumi-san's Latest Woots:
1/31/2007 :: Cyber-Blue Bluetooth v1.2 Class 2 Slim USB Dongle :: Woot-Off!
3/23/2007 :: Screaming Monkey with Green Woot Cape :: Woot Off!
4/27/2007 :: Screaming Monkey with Black Woot Cape :: Woot Off!
7/12/2007 :: Random Crap :: Woot Off!
8/11/2007 :: Razer m100 Pro/Solutions Protone In-Ear Earphones

Sakumi

nbrosas wrote:Really cool looking design, but I see no relation to the theme here. Maybe save it for another derby?

I agree.

This is definitely not art deco in the slightest, but still an awesome design. I say lock this one away for a "travel" theme, or "hand drawn" theme or something..

Sakumi

jasneko wrote:So, I was working on another design and struggling to make it more art deco... did this one in the meantime, and I think I caught the style? Let's hope you do too! Feedback/suggestions appreciated, thanks.

I'm a fan of your designs, but on this one I question placement.

For me I would have preferred the image to be smaller, and centered, or right aligned.

Nice art work as usual

temporaryescape

quality posts: 0 Private Messages temporaryescape

this shirt is ridiculously, unfairly cool! i'm going to immediately retract my votes for other shirts to pull this one further ahead. god i want this so bad!

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: skipped the light ARTDECO

someone sugguested black shirt and I like black shirts. also redrew the bottom lines made them white.trippy.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
ChefRAZ wrote:We skipped the light fandango
Turned cartwheels 'cross the floor
I was feeling kinda seasick
But the crowd called out for more
The room was humming harder
As the ceiling flew away
When we called out for another drink
The waiter brought a tray

click if you want to see full size. right hand side at the top.

mangobongo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mangobongo
MiKEYxCORE wrote:Piet Mondrian (and De Stijl in general) was all about white, black, and the primary colors. While creme might look like a better shirt choice, it wouldn't hold true to the genre from which this shirt is inspired.

I love this shirt for the shameless art history reference. I am such a nerd.

He did however have a huge argument with bart van der leck about the use of curves and diagonals (they never spoke again) and would be somewhat horrified by this design.

rocketjohn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn
Darksaber99999 wrote:Needs more tigers.

got a l.o.l from me...

rocketjohn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn
Re: Bomb Deco

I like this, and am trying to vote it - but when I refreshed the page after voting, the number had gone down again.

Remove the vote, add it back - number goes up by one, refresh the page, and it's gone again.

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
IncurableHumanist wrote:I'm not sure I really get the message behind the image, care to explain?
Still gmv based on the design alone.

It smeans that everything you do is important, the decision, the value and believe that you have is important. Everyone is capablye of changing this world because you are the agent of change.

Ivyness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ivyness
fairnymph wrote:I would totally vote for this if the top of the fans weren't cut off.

agreed.

Be the change...

wattznext

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wattznext
AdderXYU wrote:There is "less than professional" and then there is "three seconds in MS Paint".

This is an amateur contest. That doesn't mean something that embrangles should win. You can be "amateur" and still do good work. This isn't the special olympics. Not everyone should get a medal just because they don't have one yet.

This is a popularity contest, not an award given for what a panel of experts deems the most professionally artistic shirt. If you don't like it, go vote for a different shirt.

I for one am glad that this derby is forcing people to think outside their comfort zone. I am getting pretty tired of the winning shirts containing cutesy, cartoon animals, regardless of the theme.

I do hope this wins because i would definately order one.

treebirdoctopus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treebirdoctopus
Ojoya wrote:Um... off topic here, but... can somebody help me with my sig? I want a nice scrolly box like y'all have with this awesome t-shirt thumbnail in it... but I can't seem to manage it... Can anyone tell me what's wrong with what I've got there?

Thanky!

If you paste the code below into your sig and replace any curly brackets ({) with square brackets ([) it should work. Hope that helps!

{url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=29471]Sunshine
{img=100x100]http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/cmdixon2/Sunshine-y46hu5-d.jpg[/img][/url}

Foo228

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foo228
Re: Spicing Things Up a Bit

Why is it that most of tgentry's work is a regurgitation of past stuff? I admit - he's got some creativity, but I think this is overdoing it. The guy with the lips each week (kenney, afaik) at least keeps it entertaining, this is just insulting.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: Decobot Discovers Love

I believe this robot has discovered his "special purpose" to quote Steve Martin's The Jerk.

srsly, all I can see now is a rather,uh, 'well endowed' robot. sorry about sharing that.

Narumi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Narumi
Re: Lion in the Tall Grass

I hope to hell this wins :D lion = <3 awesome designs! :3

bellerussian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellerussian
Re: Breakfast (color)

Breakfast - now with color! GMV, definitely.

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Re: Bowl Deco

Thanks for the comments guys! I don't expect to get alot of votes this week, because bowling shirts never seem to do well in the derby.

adambz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adambz

This looks awesome, but what is the person on the ground holding behind his head?

shirt.woot!:
Donut Panic, Shiny, Noted, X-Ray Fiesta, Jungle Within(random), Woodland Rock

woot!:
Woot-Off Lights

bellerussian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellerussian
adambz wrote:This looks awesome, but what is the person on the ground holding behind his head?

It's a baby on her back.

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
icymallard wrote:fave shirt so far in this derby... good work

Thanks! That means a lot to me.

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
invisiblecrazy wrote:p.s. very deco. The spouse agrees, and just walked by and said "Very deco."

Thanks!

DavidShenoda

peppersagooddog wrote:so revealing.

Revealing like a fox!!!!

Actually I'm a slow reader and I don't have much of an attention span, so when...

...Hey, look. A squirrel! Here, squirrely.

michaelwiggins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaelwiggins

I like the design, its a creative take on the Art Deco theme, and its very Wootish, for lack of a better adjective. I don't see this in the fog, but its wearable and creative. Props!

dankstick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dankstick
Re: The Times They Are A-Changin'

I think the title says it all. Profound fashion trends are combined here. The headshot mimics a period fashion magazine cover.
The flapper girl is wearing a cloche hat, a hat which appears in many art deco prints. The border is derived from a magazine. I'm going again at the lithograph printing style. Few colors and bold outlines.

Full Detail: http://i44.tinypic.com/4udkd2.jpg

Teutonicopeth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Teutonicopeth
Re: Bomb Deco

One of the coolest designs I've seen on here

michaelwiggins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaelwiggins
Re: USSR-Gyle v.2

Are you trying to appeal to Wooters' apparent love for Communism, as previously established with "Dinosaurs Who Are Communist For Some Reason"?

:P

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
Re: Sunshine

Wow! This looks very cool...+1