Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
Re: Art deco frog V2

I like this one but.... your other Deco Gecko in the Dissus Derby Blog is 10 times better. You should think about submitting your first design. Go with you Instinct! I think it will do well!

magicalchuchutrain

quality posts: 1 Private Messages magicalchuchutrain
Re: Abstract Art Deco

I really like this design. I wish it luck! I want to see this on a tee shirt. VOTE PEOPLE!

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
mjc613 wrote:This looks more art nouveau to me. Art deco more controlled, less swirly

I just vote for what I like, and let Woot reject it if it isn't Deco.

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
Re: Clockwork deco frog V3

Dude! You need to submit the Deco Gecko design.

striker138

Stellardig wrote:I like this one but.... your other Deco Gecko in the Dissus Derby Blog is 10 times better. You should think about submitting your first design. Go with you Instinct! I think it will do well!

I agree. I liked that original design much more.

striker138

Re: First spaceship to venus

I had the idea to do a space entry, and then all of the sudden several popped up at once. You guys totally stole my mojo. Nice shirt though!

1bigdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1bigdog
re: mercury

Sweet! Nice balance. Appropriate palette for Mercury. Great job!

magicalchuchutrain

nrarmen wrote:Not Art Deco but very cool design.

I agree, I love the design, but don't see any relation to the theme. +1 vote anyway.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Clean, vintage looking design. I also like the lighter swirls in the back of the circle... a nice touch.

magicalchuchutrain

Re: Old Time Radio Waves II

I like this one better. I love how the yellow pops. +1 Vote

jasneko

lemonlover wrote:I love it! Finally, a cool green shirt!

Aw, yay thanks!

Manvyi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Manvyi
mjc613 wrote:This looks more art nouveau to me.

To my eye, it's reminiscent of the illustrations of Erté (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ert%C3%A9) who's usually considered an Art Deco artist and designer - and it's also got the flapper Jazz Age vibe on, which seems appropriate to the earlier developmental stages of Art Deco.

jezzarisky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jezzarisky
Re: Bomb Deco

I LOVE this design, it just fits so much I have odd fascinations for, well alright most guys like WWII but something has always allured me about art deco, and this is really the quintessential art deco design of this derby, and is just so powerful, and gracefully done.

as for the other comments I do still vote for shirts I wouldn't wear simply because I feel it's still a greatly done shirt, sometimes it's just too big, or the wrong tshirt color.

and as far as woot shirts I have bought, I have two (well three if you count one I got the same one I already had through a random shirt day) Red, one white, and one green.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
--Mahatma Gandhi

magicalchuchutrain

Re: Spicing Things Up a Bit

Ack! I love this design! The igloo and the eskimos are adorable! Now I want to live in an igloo! Luck to you! +1 vote

jasneko

Soft and pretty, and nice job on the color scheme, which definitely sets a pleasant mood.

jasneko

sleepingin wrote:I really like this picture. *snip* I think this would work really well as a logo for a radio show or station. Maybe shop it around? I would definitely wear one though, I love the radio.

Hey, thanks! And if you know of any radio shows or stations looking for a logo...

magicalchuchutrain wrote:I like this one better. I love how the yellow pops. +1 Vote

Sweet, thanks! I appreciate knowing the details people like.

jezzarisky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jezzarisky
Re: Construct

Like others before have said, it doesn't particularly like art deco, but from looking at it, it does look as you took art deco's inspiration and went your own direction with it, and I like the design. Lastly I do enjoy your cartoony shirts, but it's definitely nice to see a different style, always refreshing!

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
--Mahatma Gandhi

marypuppe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marypuppe
Re: First spaceship to venus

Love the color Palette

I'm picky, I just don't always express it

Vote on Threadless!:

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
jezzarisky wrote:It doesn't feel very much like art deco that I think of when I think art deco, but I'm no expert on it or any art style. I am a sucker for good abstract and I think you pulled that off, so contrary to the exact subject this derby is, you have my vote. You just don't see enough good abstractish shirts on woot. :/

magicalchuchutrain wrote:I really like this design. I wish it luck! I want to see this on a tee shirt. VOTE PEOPLE!

Wow. I can't thank you all enough...These comments are nice to hear..

jasneko

Mandrills are one of my least favorite primates. Nevertheless, very nicely drawn, and the light reflections on the nose and the body really give it that extra something.

IanW82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IanW82
Re: Breakfast (color)

This shirt would at least make my mornings complete. Bacon is the food of gods!

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

Argh! I had to resubmit! I made some screw ups that were noticeable! Anyway...this is inspired by the great Art Deco graphic artist and fashion designer Erte! Please vote if you like it or leave comments if you've got stuff to say!

Check out a big giant comp on my blog!
HERE

Happy voting - Melinda!

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
Re: Get on the Mike

Thanks for putting me back in the fog! Keep the votes coming please!

kdubbs29

Re: Spicing Things Up a Bit

This makes me feel too cold! I'm trying to move past winter and into spring!

kdubbs29

Re: The Rabbit's Weird Dream

Nice illustration, but as a guy, I don't think I could wear this shirt. Maybe if I was a vegetarian...

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional
re: cresent cranes

Very Nice.
It's just a bit to boxy and a little busy in the background for me.

jasneko

Very pretty H.Heart!

spanishmel

Beautiful! I WILL buy this for sure! I would love to wear this! GMV

jasneko

Nice vivid colors...

I think the body of the plane looks great, but the propellers on the plane are not up to speed with the rest of the design. If you could just add a little motion to them (you could probably add a smidge of the light blue) it could drastically help... right now they look like they are plastic fried eggs or a circular white plate - not wings in motion.

Other than that, nice design!

spanishmel

Nice illustration Draxx. Art deco? You are a really talented artist. Very impressive.

Reawen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reawen
FuzzyCircles wrote:So do you get quality posts by bashing people's designs like that kitty dude...or by defending your designs like ramyb has been trying to do?

Assuming there's a real question in that (which might not be the case), "quality posts" are the ones woot likes from the discussion of whatever the current daily deal is (on any woot). On regular woot they show up on the main page, on shirt.woot you have to join the discussion to see them - they're added to woot's first post.

I'm pretty sure there are no such thing as quality posts garnered from derby threads.

sushihorsie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sushihorsie
Re: The Bee's Knees (RESUBMISSION)

The first thing that came to mind with the first one was Erte. I can't tell the difference between this and your original submission....I was totally waiting to see if anyone would do an Erte!

spanishmel

This is really pretty and current. Good job! This is very wearable!

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman

[quote postid="3071294" user="Anthony3419"]Wow. I can't thank you all enough...These comments are nice to hear..[/quote

This is a good design, but it does not fit in "art deco". Creating something with uniform geometric shapes does not qualify as deco. This is simply "abstract". They are two completely different eras of art history.

Although this is a good t-shirt design, I can not vote for it. Best of luck.

sushihorsie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sushihorsie
Re: Get on the Mike

My dad is a former ham radio freak and would love this kind of thing. He loooves art deco as much as i do

spanishmel

Ok, this is VERY clever. The igloo is deco. Great job staying to true to your own style! I have a LOT of respect for that! Unfortunately I don't think I would wear this, that is just my personal style.

spanishmel

Hey thanks! I'm so glad you could recognize it! Yay! Yeah, Erte is pretty bad-ass...in a beautiful way.

jeje

Demonbuttercup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Demonbuttercup
Re: DecOWL

Love it!! I'd totally be in for 1!

FuzionGraphics

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FuzionGraphics

!

kandiiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kandiiz
Re: Grunge Deco

i want this!