tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

kdubbs29 wrote:This makes me feel too cold! I'm trying to move past winter and into spring!

This is a shirt to give you cool thoughts during spring and summer while you're working up a sweat doing home improvement jobs. That's when I plan to wear it if it gets printed as I have a lot of home improvements I want to do.

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419

This is a good design, but it does not fit in "art deco". Creating something with uniform geometric shapes does not qualify as deco. This is simply "abstract". They are two completely different eras of art history.

Although this is a good t-shirt design, I can not vote for it. Best of luck.[/quote]

Well At least you like the design. It's too bad you couldn't vote for it..

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: Bomb Deco

We're back to bombs?

tricityladytn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tricityladytn

I love this and all its art deco glory!!!

Re: Streamline

goodedesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodedesign
Re: American Idol Gone Wrong

very art deco. I think we have a winner here! i don't care what ANYONE says! I bet that even Adder would buy this one.

[url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=8016]

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Sunshine

Thanks for all the nice comments. I'm pretty happy with how wearable this design turned out so all your votes are much appreciated!

bledredwine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bledredwine

i finished my first deco shirts

they were hard to make

goosiedragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goosiedragon
Re: G O A T

holy guppy! i just orgasmed!

bledredwine

bledredwine wrote:A wonderful use of corsage amongst angular displacement, possibly an illusion disguised as a dilusion.

Brilliant, creative, genius.

Surely a design that many (amatuers) will overlook without the understanding that it belongs in a museum rather than online contest.

That all being said, the creator needs to learn to have more of a sense of refinement and to not go so "haywire" with the excitement.

databit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
Re: My Last Supper...

What is Art Deco then? I looked it up on the Internet and came up with a lot of differences in the definition from one source to another? Did you know you are not supposed to refer to designs as Art Deco unless they originate from France? Well By One definition this is true. I looked at some of the rejected entries and gave my take on them and also found a common factor between them. You can read about it on the blog... It is far to long winded (IT IS LONG) to post here.

databit

Re: Tourist

What is Art Deco then? I looked it up on the Internet and came up with a lot of differences in the definition from one source to another? Did you know you are not supposed to refer to designs as Art Deco unless they originate from France? Well By One definition this is true. I looked at some of the rejected entries and gave my take on them and also found a common factor between them. You can read about it on the blog... It is far to long winded (IT IS LONG) to post here.

databit

Re: I'm in Miami...

databit

Re: Art Deco TNMT

databit

Re: They Call Me Kovalevsky

bledredwine

very good job

it would be even nicer had you made her grapefruits bigger, but thats ok

databit

Re: Seahorses

databit

Re: ART DECOFFEE

databit

Re: Construct

databit

Re: Atlas Slacked

bledredwine

It may have made the gender difference more apparent had you given the queen bigger jugs; right now she looks somewhat flat as a table, but still attractive.

dankstick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dankstick
Re: G O A T

This isn't art deco, but on meth it is.

bledredwine

dankstick wrote:This isn't art deco, but on meth it is.

You just did meth?

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
Re: Leaving Metropolis (resub)

Decided to make some changes to my 1st entry, based on the comments recieved.
This shirt is inspired in a poster from the 1927 movie, by Fritz Lang, METROPOLIS.

Tabernack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tabernack
rdonley11 wrote:Glad to see you got it up right. Would like to see the design off to one side, though. For some reason I'm thinking 'Art deco panthers emanate from my crotch' (or maybe my mind just works a little weird).

Yeah originally I had it off to the side. I doubt it'll place, but in the case it does I may see if they let me change it? Not sure. I had some positioning issues given the width of the top portion, so I centered it. Not sure how I feel about the colorful "happy trail" either, hahah. I'll know better next time.

koronae wrote:Sleek! Perfectly deco. Love the cat's pose and the general style of this. Nice job.

Thanks! One of my personal favorite art styles. Wish I had time to put more thought into it though.

Irrelevant wrote:finally!

now THIS is art deco.

well done.

Thanks

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
Re: Leaving Metropolis

Decided to submit the new version posted above. You can find it here:
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=29551

Tabernack

Tabernack wrote:Thanks

three-dimensional circles. Wrong thread.

Tabernack

Tabernack wrote:three-dimensional circles. Wrong thread.

Actually just kidding. I think firefox is seriously messes with this site. Time to use IE from now on.

Jesus........!

dankstick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dankstick
bledredwine wrote:You just did meth?

I have some trimethylxanthine in my system right now.

Tabernack

Re: The Villain

I'm not sure I'm understanding the connection between Hellsing and Deco.

Tabernack

Re: Cresent Cranes

I'd wear it!

catz07b

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catz07b
Re: Spicing Things Up a Bit

not to offend anyone or anything, but that eagle thingy on the entrance of the igloo remidns me of the symbol for the Third Reich

that being said, i still like the design, and i love the little (i am assuming girl) eskimo comming home that has a heart over [her] head. GMV

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
Re: Comin' atcha...

I subbed this per the request of several wooters; so let me have it..!

benjaminleebates

Stellardig wrote:Dude! You need to submit the Deco Gecko design.

Deco Gecko design subbed! Called Comin' atcha... thanx for the support.

benjaminleebates

Stellardig wrote:I like this one but.... your other Deco Gecko in the Dissus Derby Blog is 10 times better. You should think about submitting your first design. Go with you Instinct! I think it will do well!

Alright! I subbed it, it's called COMIN ATCHA

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry.aspx?id=29552]comin

Took you long enough!! LOL Look Awesome. GMV

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

catz07b wrote:not to offend anyone or anything, but that eagle thingy on the entrance of the igloo remidns me of the symbol for the Third Reich

that being said, i still like the design, and i love the little (i am assuming girl) eskimo comming home that has a heart over [her] head. GMV

Deco eagles can be seen everywhere, they were popular in the style. Here are some examples that are much closer to this entry than the third reich eagle, which has more detail:

U.S. Postal Box
Pope County Courthouse
Post Office in Reno
U.S. Postage Stamp
U.S. Courthouse in Oregon

NorWest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NorWest
Re: Comin' atcha...

Very Nice! GMV

[

kamshaft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kamshaft
jasneko wrote:... right now they look like they are plastic fried eggs or a circular white plate - not wings in motion...

Thanks for the comments! Regarding the propellers, I thought (perhaps incorrectly) it would give a more art deco feel for them to seem more flat.

citizenswing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages citizenswing

one of the few shirts in the last couple of derbys i would definitely purchase. to me, it really has a RATM feel, which was one of my favorite bands of all time. glad to see its in the fog. if it goes to print im in for one.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Spilling Stained Glass

A little art deco glass... feedback appreciated, thanks in advance.