NoneBlacker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NoneBlacker
Re: princess deco

Someone, please, give that girl a donut!!

killopo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages killopo

The mismatching length if her arms bother me, but otherwise, nice illustration.

krisrobinson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krisrobinson
snarkygal wrote:I would like to ask Kdeuce what drives his obsession with bombs and grenades?

Those bombs are all me.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
CaboLH wrote:Sweet, finally a sunburst that is an integral part of the composition and not tossed in there to make it 'art deco'.

+1 from me.

Thanks Cabo! The point was definitely to make a whole scene, not make it deco by adding something deco just because woot wanted deco.

Did I say that word enough in that sentence? XP

fkavy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fkavy
mitchellp wrote:I'm not worried about offending them... I just don't like them. And I dislike them even more after I saw your last comment.

"He who generalizes, generally lies"

jotunson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jotunson
cryoftheraincrow wrote:...
Plenty of geometrical symmetry and inspiration from ancient cultures which is supposed to be deco...

The Arrow reminded me about a children's book I had as a kid. It had very ancient mesoamerican (Mayan/Aztecan) look to it were a person/diety was formed into an arrow for some reason I cannot recall. I am going to have to track down what that book is now. Thanks!

Reawen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reawen
wizzdingo wrote:Curious. Which is the prevailing theory on how Ramy gets vote every week? Is it drive by voters, who just look at the pictures and click "I want one" based on the thumbnail, not caring about the derby? Or is it individuals who vote purely because it is Ramy?

Are those the only 2 options? God forbid someone looks at the full picture, maybe even reads the full thread, and still likes the design, regardless of who submitted it...
I understand what you're getting at, but you're awfully simplistic about it. I've voted for several of Ramy's shirts, though not this one, I always read the thread, and I have never (nor would ever) vote for a design simply because of the artist submitting it.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
nbrosas wrote:heh, I like it, good take on the theme (actually looks art deco but remains creative), just wish the shirt placement was slightly higher.

wickedDesigns wrote:I also wish the placement was higher. I love the design though.

bluelightblues wrote:great design, placement embrangles, should be on chest not arching over the belly which results from my conical indugences. . .

nbrosas wrote:Really now...

So, I decided this design is good enough to GMV because I remembered that winning designs can have have placement changed... unfortunately it looks like his isn't going near the fog but I really love this design :c

I sense a pretty solid group of opinions...

OK, OK, OK! if they manage to reject about 33 designs above it, in time for it to get printed, then I'll humbly ask woot to print it a bit higher, more on the chest, which IS where I meant to put it, of course. ;^)

Thanks for the votes, y'all. I wish I could come up with a halfway decent idea like this on Thursday night or Friday morning instead of Sunday afternoon, but I never manage it. I appreciate the kudos, despite my failings!

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
NoneBlacker wrote:Someone, please, give that girl a donut!!

She is a little thin....That's funny. Nice to look at though!

tibetbro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tibetbro

Nicely done. I look forward to buying this one.

dijin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijin
jewelwing wrote:This is great. It "feels" like deco. A lot of other designs used deco shapes and all, but they didn't get it. They're ok technically but they missed the feeling of the time. This one got it.

I completely agree with you on that. This deserves to be higher up above those other "art deco" designs

tibetbro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tibetbro
Re: Saturn

Love the Saturn. Think you could add a sunroof and some spinners. btw...thanks for the blog on Art Deco.

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead

This is so Rejection Bait.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

Shinzou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shinzou

Nice design! However, I'm not sure this would qualify as Art Deco.

cryoftheraincrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cryoftheraincrow

Haha thank.

I never heard of that kids book though, good luck finding it.

http://raindess.deviantart.com/

veronikaa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages veronikaa
Re: Morning Stretch

i like the feeling of this shirt. i do yoga and meditation, and it has a little bit of an eastern air..
great!

Vote!

Shinzou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shinzou
Re: Art Deco the Pennsylvania Way (resub)

I thought it might look better if I removed the keystone logo from the background.

Anthony3419

Shinzou wrote:I thought it might look better if I removed the keystone logo from the background.

I think amongst other things it still needs to be smaller. Just my opinion. For some reason I get stuck looking at this egg thing. lol

Anthony3419

Re: You are the agent of change (resub)

I meant to say this a while ago, this design rocks and needs more love. You have my vote!

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
gauchodirk wrote:I really like this design (it makes me think of War of the Worlds), and I think red is a great background for it. It got my vote and I hope it makes it to the weekend.

Thanks for the support! I hope it makes it through Thursday too!

thisisdavid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thisisdavid

Gods Damn lovely, you've gotten the theme spot on, I covet it!

Books Boys Booze and Tee Shirts ;)

rakoni

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rakoni
Re: Bearman

GMV for sure

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
Stuntdummy wrote:Very cool. But, "I got a bad feeling about this.." getting rejected.

nice! and thanks to everyone for the feed back. this is my first woot derby. i was worried about the rejection but then remembered a vader shirt that won a derby once, have seen ninja turtles and super mario. wheres the line!?!

i thought maybe since its artwork instead of a copywrited image pulled from google or something that it might fly...

Anthony3419

rakoni wrote:GMV for sure

Oh yeah this is the coolest design ever...

nontypicalmale

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nontypicalmale

Its a social comment on the state of affairs in Canada.

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001

i like his shirt/shorts!

gone!

yogs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yogs
Re: The Mechanical Penguin (resub)

The buildings alone have an art deco architecture to them, and that should be enough. Your problem is that you didn't make the penguin cutesy enough. Maybe you shoulda put an igloo in there somewhere. I love that you re-submitted the same design. That is awesome.

I'm in Miami...

Rejectees Unite!!

kathy82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kathy82
Re: Flapper Girl

Beautiful!

rphinney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rphinney
Re: Sunshine

Color me excited...this finally made the fog. If it wins, it'll be my first woot shirt. Sure hope that happens. Tell all your friends...vote "Sunshine"!!!

dracopookie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dracopookie
re: flapper girl

Makes me want to dance!

Hvoltage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hvoltage
Re: Urban Jungle (Resub)

Stunning!

Be excellent to each other

Barnhill5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barnhill5
Re: Liberal Deco Arts

This is fantastic, Travis. One of the best in this derby and I wish it were getting more votes - I would by a couple!

louran20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages louran20
Re: 88 Steps (v2)

I really don't understand why people are giving you so much flack about the circles.
To me, they are what makes this design art deco.

They remind me of white wall tires which were very art deco even if they were a piece of an automobile. If anything I would criticize the piano keys. When I think of art deco rectangles, I typically think 90 degree angles.

But for everyone who thinks the circles look out of place: look at the Chrysler Building. It's a combination of straight lines and half circles in the spire...

Lauren

4kat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 4kat
Reawen wrote:Are those the only 2 options? God forbid someone looks at the full picture, maybe even reads the full thread, and still likes the design, regardless of who submitted it...
I understand what you're getting at, but you're awfully simplistic about it. I've voted for several of Ramy's shirts, though not this one, I always read the thread, and I have never (nor would ever) vote for a design simply because of the artist submitting it.

Thank you, my thoughts exactly.
In addition, I never let the opinions of posters influence my vote.

4kat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 4kat
Re: Sunshine

Spring! Very nice, GMV!

foppert13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foppert13

NEED

lwoodnj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwoodnj
Re: Construct

Ramyb may in fact not violate the rules in the future, because he obviously lost a significant number of votes for doing so. He has been over taken and now the shirt probably won't print. I'd say he'll adhere to the rules in the future, so in a way justice may be served. But who knows. And Woot definitely learned nothing.

darrinfraser88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darrinfraser88

nice work

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
wizzdingo wrote:Curious. Which is the prevailing theory on how Ramy gets vote every week? Is it drive by voters, who just look at the pictures and click "I want one" based on the thumbnail, not caring about the derby? Or is it individuals who vote purely because it is Ramy?

I ask because, even though Ramy's style is often obvious, I feel that these theorys contradict each other.

I don't think anyone believes Ramy wins on thumbnails and not his name. That'd imply people find this wearable, and I would hate to believe people are really that ignorant

patmac22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patmac22
melissah12 wrote:Sooo much better!

Sorry I haven't kept up on here >.< I really do appreciate the feedback.

What I decided was I would maybe save the resub for another derby because I think I've come up with a few other beneficial modifications as well. So keep an eye out this design may come back if the theme is ever appropriate enough haha.