skiofpinsk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skiofpinsk

The Clash's "This is Radio Clash" plays through my head whenever I see this. Very cool.

KUClerks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KUClerks
DavidShenoda wrote:I stay away from parody shirts like the plague. I hate to have a great shirt shoot up to the top and then get shot down by woot's group of worrisome lawyers. Check out the one I did.

Oh, it hurt. Yes, it hurt very badly, and I foresee that your attempted parody does not re-contextualize the subject enough to escape the rejexecutioner's blade....

Oh man, that embrangles about your csupo shirt, that's a really sweet shirt! I would be so devistated... heck, woot constantly lets me down, so I don't know why I keep coming back here? My second purchase I got from them didn't even work!

KUClerks

tibetbro wrote:Tibetbro Replies: Well, had I not been working 16 hour days for the past 3 months, and raising 5 kids, and everything else that comes with having a life, I'm sure I would have had the time to do something more elaborate...but then again, that choice is up to me. I submitted this mostly because of Databit's blog on how Art Deco needs to be from France.

All that being said, if you don't like it, don't vote for it.

and you obviously misunderstood the validity of my question

coolayers64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolayers64
Re: princess deco

I hope this doesn't get rejected. It deserves to win.

KUClerks

treebirdoctopus wrote:It's interesting because this is very cute. You say you don't normally go for cutesy, but this is the only one in the top that is "cutesy". It's just funny how people read very differently into shirts. Personally I think many of the others on top have much more depth to them. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that it's funny how different we all are in how we perceive art. Personally I think this shirt (if I could ignore the phallic veggies) would look adorable on a little kid, but that's about it. Obviously many people feel otherwise or it wouldn't be doing so well.

The one entitled 'sunshine' is cutesy, I don't know, when I see arrows pointing at a rabbit, I think, ohh someones hunting lol. I think the arrows look like 'kill me' hence why the eyes are so enlarged, so I guess thats why I didn't really pen it as cutesy loll. I think I'm one of like ten people who LOVED the shirt on todays woot too; I think I just have a weird taste.

killopo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages killopo
Re: Sunshine

Wow, this one really fought its way into the fog. Great job on the design and good luck.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Detail, the Pucker Building, Chicago, resubmission

thats one glossy looking pucker

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
coolayers64 wrote:I hope this doesn't get rejected. It deserves to win.

thanks for all the support everyone. its my first shirt.woot sub and im really just happy its gotten to top 20 so far. if another cool derby comes up i will go totally original.

cmdixon2

Re: SquiDeco - Art Decopodiformes

I'm not a big fan of squids, but I really like the design detail in the background and the use of colors on this design. Great job.

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
atomiccate wrote:oh and thank you for the compliments! it's my first submission to the derby.

Well congrats because I think it rocks!

cmdixon2

Re: Modern Rocket Transportation

My daughter about died when she saw this one. She loves a good rocketship.

cmdixon2

Anthony3419 wrote:I still like your halftones....

I agree. Nice halftones.

cmdixon2

Re: The Mechanical Penguin (resub)

This may not scream art deco at all to me, but I love it! First, I love a good heather grey shirt (even if everyone else hates that color...it's soft and comfy). Second, that penguin makes me laugh every time I see the thumbnail so GMV.

cmdixon2

Re: Leaving Metropolis (resub)

Wow, this is very intricate. I'm surprised it's not doing better than it is.

cmdixon2

Re: Abstract Art Deco

I think I like this one better than your other design. The colors really pop on the shirt. Nice work.

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
skiofpinsk wrote:The Clash's "This is Radio Clash" plays through my head whenever I see this. Very cool.

Well then, let's rock the casbah! Vote, vote, vote!

jayker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayker

Very sleek! Nice job.

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
Re: Bomb Deco

Love this one. Got my vote! This would make a great poster, too!

KUClerks

yogs wrote:The buildings alone have an art deco architecture to them, and that should be enough. Your problem is that you didn't make the penguin cutesy enough. Maybe you shoulda put an igloo in there somewhere. I love that you re-submitted the same design. That is awesome.

I'm in Miami...

Rejectees Unite!!

wooohooo rejectees! I was going to also resubmit mine, but mine really is probably not deco enough [I don't think woot expecting us to just google stuff, and then saying we didn't do it right is BS] I voted for this though! I regret not waiting to start my design until I had peaked (or mooched off as others do) other designs to get a better feel for what art deco is, but I still don't get it, or at least I stil don't see where the line is drawn between some being on topic and others getting rejected. Like 80s deco = bad, futuristic deco = good, bonnie and clyde deco = bad, and grunge deco = good, seahorse deco = bad, and 40s deco = good? Like dubya tee eff woot. lol.

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
Re: Dec'd Out Racing (resubmission)

Good to see you found time to resubmit with the shirt template and without the text... I like the design but not so sure about the placement. For me it´s maybe too big and a little low. Nice work, anyway!!

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
Re: The Rabbit's Weird Dream

The bunny doesn't really look all that cute to me.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

rocketjohn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn
rocketjohn wrote:I'd have to buy this if it printed. For semi-obvious reasons. Get's a vote from me

Darn. I seem to have used "Get's".

*hangs head in shame*

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
cmdixon2 wrote:Wow, this is very intricate. I'm surprised it's not doing better than it is.

Thanks for that comment... In the middle of so many submissons is very easy to go unnoticed. I beleive that a lot of the people that vote in these derbys don´t take the time to really go trough all the submissions. So if you don´t manage to get on the top places or are not one of the "big names" that usually submit to the derby, you´ll need a bit of luck to do well. But I´m happy with the votes and feedback I got so far.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

thatrobert

thatrobert

thatrobert

killopo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages killopo

I'm not at all saying it's a bad design, but did I miss something? Why is everyone so obsessed with squid designs?

thatrobert

rivyglass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rivyglass
Re: Morning Stretch

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming

Awesome design. this derby was my first woot as well. i also had a pretty late sub. it embrangles that if you don't get your entry in within the first day or so you may not even stand a chance.

Anthony3419

cmdixon2 wrote:I think I like this one better than your other design. The colors really pop on the shirt. Nice work.

For me it's hard to tell. This one really does pop. Almost like a fresh breeze in Hawaii. The other one is more woot friendly if you know what I mean.. Thanks anyhow..

SeraphSix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SeraphSix

Well, they let this one print: http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=6367

I don't see why there should be a double standard :P

LenCar25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LenCar25
Re: Deco Firebird

Haha wow i actually really like the design a lot! I would put that where the polo insignia goes and start a company Decobird. I'd Buy.

HarlequinHeart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HarlequinHeart

Love your Squid Atomic! The colors are beautiful and it has so much depth.
B-E-A-utiful!

HarlequinHeart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HarlequinHeart
spanishmel wrote:I need to find a way to get your crane t-shirt and so you can get my flapper girl. Haha! I guess we have the same taste!

No doubt! I think you are right

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
Re: Bearman

Noo!! Manbearpig doesn't care who you are or what you've done. Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. Excelsior!

Anthony3419

Re: Dec'd Out Racing (resubmission)

Cool you just made the hotlist..

Anthony3419

killopo wrote:Wow, this one really fought its way into the fog. Great job on the design and good luck.

Yeah, you are so close now. Close to 3rd I mean. I wish you well. I think it may be times up for me.

KUClerks

mitchellp wrote:

Noo!! Manbearpig doesn't care who you are or what you've done. Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. Excelsior!

AHHHHHHHhh Oh my gosh THAT PIC IS GREAT!

Is that a Pig... bear... man?

No stupid... it's Manbearpig.

AHAHAH.