Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
Re: Stained Glass Pucker

Lotsa puckerin' goin on in this derby...

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
Re: Bomb Deco

This shirt reminds me of the song "Bomb Bomb Bomb" by Living Things

We're goin bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb away bomb
Bomb bomb bomb bomb
We're goin bomb bomb bomb bomb away bom
Bomb bomb bomb bomb

Cool shirt. GMV

darrinfraser88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darrinfraser88

Thanks for your remarks, I was in such a hurry that I wasn't even thinking about placement... I will have to remember that next time. Thanks and good luck.

Anthony3419

Re: Old Old Old Old Skool

This would make a cool poster.

KUClerks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KUClerks
Re: Art Deco the Pennsylvania Way

Everytime I look at this, it looks like a cardinal to me! lol

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
gh01 wrote:Coolest shirt on the leader board - hope it wins

Thanks! I hope it wins, too. There are some good submissions this week and the competition is very stiff. I would love to get my first printed shirt this week. It would be quite an honor.

atomiccate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atomiccate
hajile wrote:Hmm, I just can't "see" it. :/
I'm missing what everyone else seems to like about it.

for me, it's simple, lovely, and captures art deco without being a copy or cheap imitation. i appreciate the way it takes organic elements (usually more nouveau) and cleanly translates them into the geometrics of deco.

but then, i like arty shirts... not every shirt i wear has to be witty or have a pun, or some inside internet joke.

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
Re: Blue Deco Cult

Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!

I'm the co ck of the walk, baby!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Anthony3419 wrote:Lotsa puckerin' goin on in this derby...

wow, if they had a Pop-Art derby, wouldn't the pucker just have to win?

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Grunge Deco

Wow, you have two shirts in the top ten. That's crazy.

Anthony3419

cmdixon2 wrote:Wow, you have two shirts in the top ten. That's crazy.

It is. First time for me to have 2 in the top 10. You are very close to 3rd. ....fingers crossed.....I am now looking foward to the Derby where woot chooses past pieces that did not win.

itsbeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsbeth
jewelwing wrote:That's funny! I've been trying to get through that book for YEARS. Seems like something worth reading, but it just doesn't hold my interest. I always think, just read a little more, it'll get good.

Nice work here. I wondered who was going to take on the naked guy. This time period suits your style.

Heh. I'll be getting my Master's in English in June, I NEVER leave a book unfinished, and yet, I've never been able to finish a Rand. If they ever get good, I'm missing it.

itsbeth

Re: Girl and swirls

To me, this is a lot more surrealist than deco. Deco isn't really about organic shapes.

itsbeth

Re: The Rabbit's Weird Dream

This is the most creative and compelling use of the theme in the entire derby IMO. It's undeniably deco, but using veggies instead of mechanical bits or buildings is genius. Very fresh. I hope this gets a bump, or this will be yet another no-buy derby for me.

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
Re: Bearman

And this is why we should make sure not to leave the computer on when their are toddlers running around. Now, as to how in the world the little rugrat figured out how to open paint, the world may never know.

Definitely a nice color palette though. I would enroll the child in art classes immediately.

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
Re: Get on the Mike

Thanks to everyone who voted for my shirt!

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: Comin' atcha...

i didnt even see this till after the derby was over...

i woulda gave my vote

Manvyi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Manvyi
itsbeth wrote:Deco isn't really about organic shapes.

Although if one looks at dance-inspired deco, there's legs and arms and such (and of course the Deco period covered the heyday of the glamorous Hollywood musical).

Art Deco representing organic motion:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theurbansnapper/2473391513/in/set-72157605233098435/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/belowred/1403419235/in/set-72157602070999380/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rsinghabout/44334438/in/set-969829/

And the gold and silver colourway was informed by the Daily Express building image, as seen in the links.

But hey-ho, I can take rejection.

RohanCricket

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RohanCricket
re: spicing things up a bit

I just wanted to say that I love the shirt. I always love how you think outside of the box, and admire the way you gave a valid defense in regard to how it fits the theme. I was thrilled to see that someone had taken the 'idea' of art deco and not just the 'style' of it. If it comes up for sale, i will buy it. I'm not afraid of light blue, and it's already hot in South Louisiana, so it'll remind me of colder days.

I don't post much, but I've been a fan since before shirt.woot existed and all we had were the photoshop woots to complain about. People thought it wasn't fair that you won all those either. I know it's a skill and a talent that enables you to do well, and take the money to the bank and ignore the rest.
I just wanted to say not only do I consistently love the work, I am impressed how you stand up for it every week.

IW4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IW4

I just need to realize that the derby is over. Never mind me.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 8 Private Messages benjaminleebates
icymallard wrote:i didnt even see this till after the derby was over...

i woulda gave my vote

Maybe sometime I can resub in another topic...

m5rammy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages m5rammy
Re: princess deco

ditto what they said, specifically, too bad it was not posted sooner. I only saw it after voting had ended. This is my favorite shirt in this derby.

kaseyfleming wrote:this is my first woot derby.

Keep up the good work

R

FuzzyCircles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FuzzyCircles
lunartan wrote:are you dyslexic?

kyle mittskus != kitty

assuming quality post ratings are given for adding something valid to a thread; for which neither of our posts qualify...

i like the tripe: saves me $ and makes for interesting boards.

You'll probably never read this, but, good one

jazzaholic17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazzaholic17
darrinfraser88 wrote:Thanks for your remarks, I was in such a hurry that I wasn't even thinking about placement... I will have to remember that next time. Thanks and good luck.

I love this shirt... also kind of iffy about the placement though.

grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
Re: Sublime In All

woo hoo!!! 64th place!

tiar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiar

Newb alert.

Can anyone tell me why white borders appear on the side of my thumbnail and shirt comp entries? The design was saved to the specified size and done on the woot template. I just want to avoid that flaw for my next submission.
Is there a FAQ board that addresses common issues like this?

Thank you.

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
tiar wrote:Newb alert.

Can anyone tell me why white borders appear on the side of my thumbnail and shirt comp entries? The design was saved to the specified size and done on the woot template. I just want to avoid that flaw for my next submission.
Is there a FAQ board that addresses common issues like this?

Thank you.

Your design in 16x20 (not square) and the thumbnail is 240x240 (square). Either do your design on a square pallet (ie 16x16 or 20x20) or crop your image to a square before you make the jpeg images.

aricartt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aricartt
Re: Sunshine

that flower is so super mario

SHIRTS:
X-treme National Park, Just The Two Of Us, You Have to Try This Guys, Teddyslayer, I’m So Sorry Elmer…, Stuck Inside, To the Top in the Style of Da Vinci, Nanonauts, The Cake is a Liar
Regular Woots: 9
Bunch of Crepes's: 1

tiar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiar
striker138 wrote:Your design in 16x20 (not square) and the thumbnail is 240x240 (square). Either do your design on a square pallet (ie 16x16 or 20x20) or crop your image to a square before you make the jpeg images.

Many thanks Striker!

barrelmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barrelmonkey

For what it's worth - I would have totally bought this!

Reawen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reawen
Re: 88 Steps (v2)

Haha, interesting timing - maybe you can resub for the music derby ^_^

Zoomalude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zoomalude
Re: ...with the World on his shoulders.

The globe isn't actually resting on his shoulders. I thought that was the central aspect of Atlas.

wesshull

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wesshull
Re: The Rabbit's Weird Dream

TOO AWESOME. If poor taste prevails and this doesn't get printed, theinfinityloop, you have GOT to arrange to get this printed somewhere else. I would even pay ridiculous Zazzle prices for one of these...

iamdeba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamdeba

This shirt is awesome. I'm pretty sure it might take first place, and I'm also pretty sure it will sell out. Let how late I will stay up tonight for this be a testament to its sheer awesomeness. Very nice design, congratulations.

Teknikas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Teknikas
Re: Grunge Deco

This is an awesome shirt, I'd of definitely purchased this had it been voted to be printed.

rmjwell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmjwell
Josephus wrote:There's a wootoff going on today, so you have a variety of possibilities, one after another, as long as you buy before noon central.

Thanks for the update, but I don't have woot access from work and I didn't see this until, well, now. :-)

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
m5rammy wrote:Keep up the good work

R

thanks a lot rammy and barrelmonkey. im gonna try to get in early on the next one and go totally original, piggy backin on star wars on anything else for that matter seems to be a bad idea.

Stuntdummy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stuntdummy
kaseyfleming wrote:thanks a lot rammy and barrelmonkey. im gonna try to get in early on the next one and go totally original, piggy backin on star wars on anything else for that matter seems to be a bad idea.

There's cheap piggy backing, and there's making good art from recognized iconic symbols, which I would say is what you did here. Though I look forward to seeing some original stuff from you in the future; you've got a nice style that is very t-shirt friendly.

bstring87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bstring87
Re: Old Old Old Old Skool

Definitely add this design to the next derby featuring music. I really wanted this design to win, so try again!

Bhennain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bhennain

I love it. I do find it nice that everyone on woot seems to love squids. I have loved them much longer than it has been cool to.

I really wanted this to win. I haven't wanted to buy any shirts lately but this is one I wouldn't have missed out on.