sed1701

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sed1701
Re: Second Place, GA State Fiddle Championships

laem reason to REJECT ... seeing as they are allowing the PII symbol to pass. What is and what is not text .... That's the question.
SaWeet Idea anyways.

jciccone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jciccone
Re: Let go

I'm simply delightful and I don't think I could wear this shirt either. You can have maybe 2 of the 3 - butterflies, sharp pink or this yellow shirt - but 3 for 3 and, well, you know... I agree with PopeYmir. Black to red alone would make this more "guy-friendly." It's that violent pink with butterflies that screams for most guys, "Oh my God, it was so dark when I left, I put on whats her name's tee instead of mine; what will my buds...what will the taxidriver say...the doorman...what will everyone say!?!?!?"

As for this shirt looking good on the model, I'm sure he looks good no matter what shirt he's in and even better out of it. That doesn't mean he'd wear it.

Afterall, Radiomode doesn't just want to win, place or show; I'm sure he wants to sell as many shirts as possible at $2 a pop. Appealing to woman AND men facilitates those big sales that make a Woot shirt not only an artistic win but a financial success. That's why what males think does matter here. Hence, the forgoing constructive criticism.

That said, I only press the I'd Want One button if I'd really WANT one. So while I applaud Radiomode's fantastic design here and think it is eye-catching and special, I can't vote for it if I'm not willing to put my money where my mouth is. If I'm afraid that I'll be asked why I'm shopping in Macy's Juniors department (queens can be vicious you know), I can fully understand why any other male would be hesitent to wear this stunning, but particularly girly, shirt. Gettng rid of that shocking pink alone would go A LONG way.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
NYorFL wrote:Great posting, love the style. Can't believe no one said this before, but the concept is quite obviously from Spore. I love your spin on it, though

I'm glad you like it.

But I've honestly never played Spore. I just looked it up and I'm curious to see how they can be in any way similar. Any screenshots?

KidGrenouille

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KidGrenouille

I appreciate the suggestions, but it's too late for this design. I'll give the Derby another try next week, maybe.

dankstick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dankstick
chrisdazzo wrote:Oh, the "I spent 20 minutes on this" shirt. Try not using the same fire image 4 times next time, pal.

It took more than 20 minutes! I came into this derby not having any good ideas. So, why not pee off all the GH fans? Sounded like a plan. The fire was meant to be the same, bud.

ryancope10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryancope10
Re: Sounds like Treble

i love music, and i love this shirt. my favorite one so far GMV!

itsbeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsbeth
sonotthereason wrote:Woulda voted for it if it wasn't on yellow...resub on white or grey??? Really like the design tho...

Oh HELL no, if I see another design I like on the amazingly boring asphalt color I will vomit. :p

I adore it on the lemon. Will definitely buy.

itsbeth

Re: Unplugged

I love your robots! He looks great on that color too. Definitely GMV.

tnt138

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tnt138
skirochester wrote:ouch.

I didn't mean to be harsh. Just wanted to give an honest critique. Obviously I'm pretty much alone with my thoughts. So, I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it, right?

Comment! Vote!

itsbeth

Re: Birdie Jukebox

It's really cute, but the big bird's wings are a little too bat-like for my tastes. If you made them a little more detailed/feathery it would help.

itsbeth

Re: Music Through The Ages

Oh, this is awesome! The expression on the 8-track is hilarious. :D

itsbeth

Re: Madness in the Music

Whoa. The heads are creepy but oddly compelling. I love the pop-arty dots in the head mass thingy.

tricityladytn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tricityladytn
Re: GuitarStar (RED)

OK, GMV 'cuz its gorgeous

strifewind

quality posts: 2 Private Messages strifewind
Re: Music is Life

S'up FF7 lifestream?

Love it.

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
Re: The Voice.

Impressive. I like the overall flow of this design. +1

itsbeth

Re: Monsters <3 Music Too

I agree about the ambiguity. I think a nice pair of red and yellow striped horns would do the trick.

cmdixon2

Thank you for comments and votes everyone!

This is probably my favorite design I've done for woot so it saddens me a little that it's not doing better. Just have to keep trying. Stay tuned next week!

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Caught in a Sing-Off

Adorable, Boots! I like the fallen notes around the middle bird's feet. Plus, the way you use patterns is always a treat.

cmdixon2

Not a bad idea, but I wish it were more subtle. Maybe using different shades of tan and brown?

Guess I just don't like loud shirts. Sorry.

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
Re: I Love Music

Very clever use of not text!

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

rcarrigan2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcarrigan2
Re: The Last Song

ugh, why isn't this in the fog yet?? : (

must have!

nrarmen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nrarmen
Re: I Love Music

A must buy for me.

mik991

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mik991

Lol, now I'm going to have to wake up early on friday to buy this.

tricityladytn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tricityladytn
Re: the nature of music (resub)

This is really well-done and grossly underrated!

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: TRANCE............................................

Great work David. Really nice colors and mood man!

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: WOLFY AND THE B-TONES

Their shoes are great! Wonderful use of color as well.

databit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
Re: One Simian Band

Very cute. Where is the man in the yellow hat?

atshephe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atshephe
Re: Pick Up The Mic

This shirt was inspired by several ladies that I have known and their ability turn any inanimate object into a microphone. From pens, to hair brushes, to actual mics, I've participated in many concerts over the years. Some singers were more talented than others, but all of them were fun.

So, whenever you feel inspired, feel free to pick up the mic and sing.

Click here for a better detail

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
jasneko wrote:Adorable, clean design. Reminds me a little of doctor seuss (those striped blobs in the back)

Thanks! I had Dr. Suess in mind when I made them

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
tricityladytn wrote:This is really well-done and grossly underrated!

Thank you that makes me feel happy!

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

kiyarisan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiyarisan

This is the best ever!!!!
Love it and hoping, hoping, hoping....

kiyarilynn

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
Re: The Last Song

the flow of this design is amazing drakxxx... well done!

I want to know what font you used in the comp?? I want that!

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
Re: Pick Up The Mic

I like the idea. I would have aligned them al horizontally. Also, my favorite mic is a spoon..lol

arwerther

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arwerther
Re: One Man Band

I really love this shirt! It reminds me of Mary Poppins. GMV!

schnauzergirl38

marmls2m

quality posts: 2 Private Messages marmls2m

why has nobody mentioned the incredibly bizarre angle of the ipod? unless its propped up on something or trapezoid shaped, it looks like he just slapped it in there

atshephe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atshephe
Anthony3419 wrote:I like the idea. I would have aligned them al horizontally. Also, my favorite mic is a spoon..lol

Thanks for the feedback! Originally I had them aligned horizontally but decided that it would be more playful, and different, to offset them a little. If most other people think it would be better horizontal than I'll probably resub.

And a spoon can definitely make a good mic

tinboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinboy
wizzdingo wrote:Are Accidentals a music term?

Yes, actually. Accidentals are the sharp, flat and natural notations that change the normal pitch of the note one or two semi-tones. Then I thought it would be funny to use that to inspire a sort of musical train-wreck.

curculios

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curculios
Re: Murder in C Major

I love the horrified looks of the other notes.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: whole

a zen moment

Ambis007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ambis007

I dig the design man...But I'd actually prefer just the last graphic with the insanely happy smiley really large on the chest. Just my taste.