Ambis007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ambis007
Ambis007 wrote:I dig the design man...But I'd actually prefer just the last graphic with the insanely happy smiley really large on the chest. Just my taste.

I didn't mean to exclude the pile of plastic burning...that's still great :D

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
Re: whole

They will consider this as text because of the whole "o" thing. Nice graphic though.

Anthony3419

Re: Chicago EQ Reflection

I like this concept a lot. I probably would have done without the red and pink blob behind it. Did you try this on an asphalt shirt?

yogs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yogs

Ahhh...Chicago, the birthplace of my beloved house music. The city just seems to have a certain pulse emanating from it...hence this design. You like? I like.

Anthony3419

Re: Caught in a Sing-Off

Now this really isn't a race at all. You have doubled my vote count. Well on this one. I am beating you on the other one though. As much as I enjoy being in 8th place, I hate it the same. I think you know. You have been there before.

treebirdoctopus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treebirdoctopus

All of your designs have the exact same vector mashup look. It's like you downloaded some vector sets and every week just layer a bunch of premade elements on top of one another.

Hope to see something different next week. Maybe something with an actual idea/plan behind it.

Plaything

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Plaything

Relfection...? Purposeful typo?

Anthony3419

Re: ShirtRoll'd

This make me wish I could comprehend music. Maybe next year..

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Anthony3419 wrote:They will consider this as text because of the whole "o" thing. Nice graphic though.

Noted.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: the self-made musician

Simple, clever. Always a fan of your work.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

AdderXYU wrote:This was March 16th, 2009. Not even half a month ago. Guess those two weeks without a win really hurt.

Hey, now! Give credit where credit is due. Instead of a dead-eyed kawaii animal or hoofman, he went with just plain dead. That's different.
LEAVE RAMYB ALOOOOOOOONE!!

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

Hey! I really like the way you drew this! I love the blue!

Beffy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beffy

I love this shirt so much. But really, it is more of a women's shirt. But whats wrong with that? Not everything has to be uni-sex. Men could buy these for their wives/girlfriends/children and that would be just fine too

Anyways, I'm crossing my fingers like crazy that this gets through! I want it so bad.

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
Re: Music is Life

Colors are great and I always love when a design is simple but still artistic enough to catch your eye. I suck at that. Less is more is something I really have never been able to grasp or implement. Kudos to you though sir/madam. Good luck, as well!

Also, clever ipod ref. An obscured view and offset placement help to keep it from being a focal point for the nitpickers. Lord knows, if I had tried it might have disrupted the space time continuum.

That's why it's always nice to have friends. Like a line from a recent comedy show I heard, "Haters have to hate. It's there job. It's in their DNA...And that's what good friends are for they just block all the [guppy] off your back."

Friends are great! Predominantly anime driven designs or not!

lyssasimmons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lyssasimmons
Re: Song Bird

This shirt is awesome. Great details, darling concept. It really deserves to be in the fog!

DavidShenoda

Re: Music Pirate (resub)

It's so you, without being you if that makes any sense. I like to see you "stretching" yourself from your usual bright eyed bushy tailed bag of tricks. A little wrinkle now and then is refreshing is what an old art teacher I had used to call it. Good luck with this.

DavidShenoda

Re: AIR GUITAR

compression artifacts should clear up if you make sure to submit your shirt comp at the right resolution and pixel dimensions. try 100 and 580x580. Presentation is just as important as the design itself. I didn't really get this and I had to learn the hard way through many months of good designs not doing well, that the way you show it is just as important as what you show. Good luck.

PS - also, by no means do I claim to be an expert, but your design did catch my eye. So, I know that there is talent there for sure, it just needs to be polished up as you become familiar with the process of this new method of doing art/design. I had a rough time when I started out, and I want to see more of the artsy, artists around here. Keep it up.

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
Re: One Man Band

Please help my one-man-band shirt be a late bloomer! Thanks!

HarlequinHeart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HarlequinHeart
Re: I Love Music

Stayed up pretty late last night to get this done. I was so tired by the time I submitted I was too lazy to leave a comment about my own submission. LOL... But WOW! Good morning! What a wonderful surprise to wake up to! All this great feed back! I am so glad you all like it I was pretty much cross eyed when I did this, staring at a sheet of music notes until all of a sudden I started to see shapes and words, so here is a product of my delirium.. HA! and it's not technically text! Woohoo!

yogs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yogs

Plaything wrote:Relfection...? Purposeful typo?

Uhh..yeah..it is meant to be a juxtaposition of the city life and..uh...... I got nothing. So much for proofing things b4 I post them.

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
itsbeth wrote:I agree about the ambiguity. I think a nice pair of red and yellow striped horns would do the trick.

i was thinking about horns!! but i thought it might be too much on the head with the headphones...

ShirtByCamus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShirtByCamus

DavidShenoda

Re: Electronica

Your eq lines look way cooler than mine. I was going for a more clean techy feel (think Halo). I was thinking of that computer girl on that game. I don't know but it seems like they should have a wave form to them as well, but I didn't want to make them too small. You sized them up just right. I'm not sure I'm feeling the speakers though. I would've like to see turntables or instruments maybe. Either way, the design still rocks.

...and so it came to pass that the shirt rocked. Let it be declared through all the land that there was rock and it was good!

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: Music Pirate (resub)

Why is he dead? I get that he's a "pirate". But why a dead one?

agentandrew002

quality posts: 3 Private Messages agentandrew002
Re: Musical Multiplication

This shirt clearly explains the complicated process of cd burning.
Step 1; Light your cd on fire. (if you have home insurance, use a splash of gasoline)
Step 2: After your cd burns completely, recite the following: "Abracadabra Open Sesame Shazam " After a blinding flash of light, you will find 2 cd's under your pillow.
Note, If the magical phrase doesn't work, try adding "please"

emp1346

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emp1346
re: girl on bass

is that... hair?

agentandrew002

quality posts: 3 Private Messages agentandrew002
Re: Musical Multiplication

This shirt clearly explains the complicated process of cd burning.
Step 1; Light your cd on fire. (if you have home insurance, use a splash of gasoline)
Step 2: After your cd burns completely, recite the following: "Abracadabra Open Sesame Shazam " After a blinding flash of light, you will find 2 cd's under your pillow.
Note, If the magical phrase doesn't work, try adding "please"

DavidShenoda

Re: Let go

Very cool design, but yellow shirt is not happening for me especially with the pink. I think I could handle one or the other, but not necessarily both. Nothing personal, just preference wise. And I have worn a pink shirt before, but when my wife says it's too girly, I know that I can say it too. You know, without getting accused of being sexist or homophobic, or any other ridiculousness like that. Good luck though. For some reason, I get a threadless vibe from it. It seems like it's something you'd see over there.

chetyre

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chetyre
Re: ShirtRoll'd

If this doesn't win, there is no justice in the world.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

heartluce wrote:Why is he dead? I get that he's a "pirate". But why a dead one?

Because it's "CUTE"!! Stop questioning, heartluce! Stop being all logical 'n' stuff! A dead, malformed, baby pirate has been reanimated by the Swashbuckling Gods so as to obtain music on the net-ical seas. Clearly there are not enough rockin' sea chanties in the afterlife. I mean, like, honey, duuuuuuh. Why do you hate simple, no-point-at-all-except-for-maximum-kiddie-"look at me! I am suuuuch a cool nerd!"-cuteness fun, heartluce, huh? Why?

((Edited for proper writing-to-a-female-ness.))

HarlequinHeart

Re: Music is Life

Ahhh.. got my coffee now it's time to vote!

This is incredible! I'd love to know what you were listening to when you came up with this design? It's hard to translate the emotion of music but you manged to do it! I WANT ONE!

flower753

quality posts: 2 Private Messages flower753
BootsBoots wrote:I like both versions.

Ditto.

gabebster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gabebster

This shirt is very booshtastic.

DavidShenoda

Re: TRANCE

Tried slight differenet colors on black shirt. Hope you like this version. Why not? Thanks in advance for votes/feedback!

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
HarlequinHeart wrote:and it's not text! Woohoo!

I think it is, but I hope it's not, because I'm voting for it. Too clever!

HarlequinHeart

Re: Twitter, twitter

Should we pluck his feathers? LOL

This is very cute, I love the expressions. I can actually relate to each one of these depending on my mood given that day.

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
Anthony3419 wrote:They will consider this as text because of the whole "o" thing.

But it's a whole note. To anyone who reads music it's clearly a whole note, not an O. Can they reject one by itself but accept one on a staff?

HarlequinHeart

Re: Hornoceros solo

This is great! Reminds me of Tundro (rhino-triceratops) out of that old cartoon from way back called Herculiods... except here he is playing music from his horn and not shooting bombs out of it. This is way cooler!

renfrue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renfrue

Good Luck LBB!

HarlequinHeart