louiemctool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages louiemctool

Level 11

Anyone else notice this design is posted twice? It has ~70 votes, 'tween the two. Might want to get that fixed...

lunchboxbrain

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lunchboxbrain
renfrue wrote:Good Luck LBB!

Thanks for the support everyone!

theraccoon

quality posts: 5 Private Messages theraccoon
chetyre wrote:If this doesn't win, there is no justice in the world.

Haha, I don't think I'd quite go that far, but thanks :D

wizzdingo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wizzdingo
tinboy wrote:Yes, actually. Accidentals are the sharp, flat and natural notations that change the normal pitch of the note one or two semi-tones. Then I thought it would be funny to use that to inspire a sort of musical train-wreck.

Nice, learn something new every day. Nice interpretation btw

Favs

wizzdingo

Re: Geetar's agrowin' on me

Nice, not exactly the specified tree growing into a guitar growing into a tree.

Favs

wizzdingo

Re: The Voice.

I love the colors and the "texture" of the notes. Not a huge fan of the lips, but if you're lucky, you'll get some of the pucker crowd votes.

Favs

HarlequinHeart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HarlequinHeart
Anthony3419 wrote:Thanks for all of your replies. They are all very much appreciated. I do however enjoy this design and thought it would garnish quite a bit more votes. Maybe it is the whole white T thing.

I really like your design! Strong texture which rocks! I don't know what is up with the whole anti-white shirt thing either? Unless people don't like it cause it doesn't hide the stains very well? lol... I don't know...sometimes white just looks better.

wizzdingo

Re: Chicago EQ Reflection

Is there a more detailed pic avaible for you to post somewhere. You've GMV anyways, But I'd like to see more of it.

Favs

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
MadamAtom wrote:But it's a whole note. To anyone who reads music it's clearly a whole note, not an O. Can they reject one by itself but accept one on a staff?

Unfortunately, they say they will reject any text if it is on any keyboard and in any language. At first glance that is more obviouslt an "o" just not in your standard font. Sorry. I do like the way it kinda reflects without a gradient.

HarlequinHeart

Re: Electronic Music

Can't get any better! Blue + Electronics = totally rocks! Love the flow, style and sound!

Anthony3419

HarlequinHeart wrote:I really like your design! Strong texture which rocks! I don't know what is up with the whole anti-white shirt thing either? Unless people don't like it cause it doesn't hide the stains very well? lol... I don't know...sometimes white just looks better.

Ya know I tried this design any which way but loose and this just looked the best. I needed a good contrast between the swooshes and the Shirt color itself. If that makes sense ..

wizzdingo

Re: TRANCE

I love the colors on both takes of this shirt and the Equalizer looks amazing. I'm just not willing to wear that mans face.

If its easily done, I'd like to see a sub with just the Equalizer, I like the colors and toning on every bar.

Favs

HarlequinHeart

Re: Music Will Set You Free

He's getting away! *kisssh,over*
Stop him! *kisssh,over*
Good thing he's bad with shapes *kisssh,over*

JHRussell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JHRussell
Re: Raindrops Keep Fallin'

Please vote for this one, I like it!

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed
wizzdingo wrote:Nice, not exactly the specified tree growing into a guitar growing into a tree.

I already had this one made before the derby, and I was thinking I'm somewhat lucky for not having originally made it a tree. haha

Anthony3419

treebirdoctopus wrote:All of your designs have the exact same vector mashup look. It's like you downloaded some vector sets and every week just layer a bunch of premade elements on top of one another.

Hope to see something different next week. Maybe something with an actual idea/plan behind it.

Sorry, can't say I agree with that. If by saying "mashup" you mean "style" than sure. It is not for everyone. I think there are enough fans of grunge out there that I will be okay. In future derbies I am going to try different things to see what kind of results I get. I seem to finish between 6th and 10th place with this style.

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB
Re: I Love Music

This is WONDERFUL!!! Oh, please win!!!

WaluigiWoots

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WaluigiWoots
Re: Sounds like Treble

Love the placement of this design... it absolutely makes the shirt.

And, on a coincidentally funny side note, it looks like the treble clef will be anchored on/near its wearer's belly button.

SydneyB

Shigwarm wrote:I did consider putting it in another color. Thanks for your interest and enjoy!

Thank you thank you! I voted for both

anatwork

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anatwork
cmdixon2 wrote:Thank you for comments and votes everyone!

This is probably my favorite design I've done for woot so it saddens me a little that it's not doing better. Just have to keep trying. Stay tuned next week!

This t-shirt is beautiful. I love the idea, the placement, the colors and all the other little details that went into making this. I'm sad this isn't doing better too as I would probably buy it. Hope you do something else with it. I voted...

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
parrotworks wrote:Simple, clever. Always a fan of your work.

Thanks parrotworks! I always know you'll leave me a nice comment

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

tinboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinboy
wizzdingo wrote:Nice, learn something new every day. Nice interpretation btw

Hey,thanks.
'Not sure if it makes much of a shirt. But it gave me a chuckle.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
goldenthorn wrote:Because it's "CUTE"!! Stop questioning, heartluce! Stop being all logical 'n' stuff! A dead, malformed, baby pirate has been reanimated by the Swashbuckling Gods so as to obtain music on the net-ical seas. Clearly there are not enough rockin' sea chanties in the afterlife. I mean, like, bro, duuuuuuh. Why do you hate simple, no-point-at-all-except-for-maximum-kiddie-"look at me! I am suuuuch a cool nerd!"-cuteness fun, heartluce, huh? Why?

:D Quality post. But, I'm a she :D. Still, good stuff.

Though, I really am still curious about this.

SydneyB

bluewave12 wrote:I think ALL 4-yr olds where bright colors, no? :D If he is a budding prodigy I'm sure he will want 3 of these like you will.

Don't all 4-yr olds like butterflies, too? I could be wrong about that one.

Heheh, thanks.. I think I *WILL* buy it for my nephew (If it wins!)... my brother is very open minded himself... in fact when he and his wife both got Razor phones, HE got the pink one, because he liked it

SydneyB

databit wrote:Do they play well with the other notes, or do they cause treble?

Ouch ouch ouch ouch.... that's terrible :D

SydneyB

Re: Rock is Dead

Oh, you guys are SOoooo punny.... :D

faultylogic83

quality posts: 2 Private Messages faultylogic83

If nothing else you got my vote for the cake reference. cool design

hellosteph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hellosteph
Re: Murder in C Major

YES PLEASE. <3

SydneyB

fleamarketadict wrote:I agree with the clip-artish first impression. I mean, after all, if you were doing more than just placing clip-art, why wouldn't you position the bird so the "toes" actually wrap around the finger, which is the natural way a bird would stand.

Two questions come to mind:

1. *IS* Clip art allowed at all?

2. LBB: Would you tell us if this were all original or some parts clip art?

greydruid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greydruid
Re: It's a Von Trapp!

The "tea" could be a lot clearer, but I enjoy the idea behind the design. Thumbs up!

SydneyB

nrarmen wrote:We have a winner!

Oh man, am I oblivious! I did not put together your molecules with the "Music Is In The Air" title! This just zoomed way up in my eyes - and I liked it BEFORE I realized the meaning!

Absolutely a FANTASTIC idea!

treebirdoctopus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treebirdoctopus
Anthony3419 wrote:Sorry, can't say I agree with that. If by saying "mashup" you mean "style" than sure. It is not for everyone. I think there are enough fans of grunge out there that I will be okay. In future derbies I am going to try different things to see what kind of results I get. I seem to finish between 6th and 10th place with this style.

Cocky, are we?

I'm just saying that it doesn't look like you do much illustrating if at all. Instead you cut and paste other people's work into a single canvas, distress it and call it grunge.

Call it grunge if you want, but I call it cheap.

Anthony3419

Re: I Love Music

This is very clever.... Really nice. +1

alboneus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alboneus
Re: Death of The Music Man

This is an incredible design. My fav of the bunch. GMV +1

Before free market economy, we eat potato each night for dinner. Now we have much money. We eat two potato each night for dinner. And on happy days, we eat salted pork from can.

dankstick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dankstick
Re: It's a Von Trapp!

Sing along Admiral Ackbar! The MI was going to be a person pointing to themselves BUT I remember sign language being a cause for rejection. I think I killed the funniness with two state abbreviations but, hey, I like it =]

Detail Image: http://i43.tinypic.com/2hs44s4.jpg

temporaryescape

quality posts: 0 Private Messages temporaryescape

you should be a designer for volcom. no joke, you would get the job. love it!!

HarlequinHeart

Re: Polkadot Tie (Collaboration)

Haaaah! Unfortunately.. and I can't believe I admitting this but, I was forced to play the accordion for a short time growing up. This shirt is the epitome of my pain! But this is freakin' hilarious! I love it!

moholy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moholy
databit wrote:Very cute. Where is the man in the yellow hat?

He left, now the monkey has to live on the street and make money with his bizarrely improbable rig.

lunchboxbrain

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lunchboxbrain
SydneyB wrote:Two questions come to mind:

1. *IS* Clip art allowed at all?

2. LBB: Would you tell us if this were all original or some parts clip art?

I'll address these questions just to clarify everything. All of the elements (sheet music, bird, phonograph and hand) in this design were originally public domain images. That being said, all elements have been modified to the point where I feel 100% comfortable in saying that this design is an original work.

If you've voted for this and feel somehow duped, I understand if you want to rescind your vote. I'm not the first artist to use found images in a design and I won't be the last.

Again, I truly appreciate everyone who has voted/supported this design and I hope you'll continue to do so.

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
marmls2m wrote:why has nobody mentioned the incredibly bizarre angle of the ipod? unless its propped up on something or trapezoid shaped, it looks like he just slapped it in there

He did just slap it there. If you'll notice his 1st shirt submission was rejected. So he re-submiteed his shirt design by adding an iPod and some musical notes. He did a pretty decent job with it considering the turn around time it took. And he'll probably fix this in the final shirt design if it wins.