jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Cuuuttteee! You're good at making inanimate objects come to life with faces and arms (like the 'reading rainbow'). I like the background graphic too, and the unusual placement. The only thing I'm not sure about is the color of the tee... but gmv anyway!

Vote!

jasneko

Nice. I especially like the cymbal with the triangle/bells and of course bird on it.

Vote!

jasneko

Cool graphic.

Vote!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
AdderXYU wrote:I don't have anything else in this style, but I did experiment with a picture that is totally different from this piece.

ROFLMFAO

ZOMG that is sooo different from the other version!

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
Re: Sounds like Treble

Thanks for the comments and love for my shirt! Keep spreading the word for votes; words cannot describe how excited I'd be to see this in the fog!

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

Tabernack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tabernack
Re: Raindrops Keep Fallin'

*Agrees* Would love to see this one make it to the fog again. I really wanna buy it

dangurous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dangurous
Re: Chibi Kaeru Music Tie (Collaboration)

the rejection machine awaits.

34 woots for shirts, most recent: 10/23/12: Fresh Cake Remix (L); 9/22/10 - iHome Optical Netbook Mouse; 7/12/10 - Woot Off Lights; 5/26/10 - Jolly Roger Floor Mat; 11/23/09 - Memorex 720p HD Mini Camcorder; 3/23/09 - iRobot Roomba 535 Robotic Vacuum

dangurous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dangurous
Re: Playing (with) Music

awkward angle and shadowing. otherwise, good effort. who doesn't like legos?

34 woots for shirts, most recent: 10/23/12: Fresh Cake Remix (L); 9/22/10 - iHome Optical Netbook Mouse; 7/12/10 - Woot Off Lights; 5/26/10 - Jolly Roger Floor Mat; 11/23/09 - Memorex 720p HD Mini Camcorder; 3/23/09 - iRobot Roomba 535 Robotic Vacuum

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
dssote wrote:This and "Rest Assured" are my favorite shirts in this Derby. Makes me wanna jump up, tap my feet, and clap my hands. GMV. I do hope this makes it into the fog. Nice job, kdubbs.

Thanks! I hope it makes the fog too. But, I'm afraid it was submitted too late to generate the votes it needs.

slayerstu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slayerstu
Re: Electronica

love this shirt and i love electronica music

Shoppingdingo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shoppingdingo
Re: Music Pirate (resub)

its a great pic.. but look at it from more than five feet.. the ipod looks like a mouse.. its a skeleton playing cod..
the shirt is about the act of downloading.. not music

a fine editors choice. but not quite on the topic

acobjoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acobjoe
Tabernack wrote:*Agrees* Would love to see this one make it to the fog again. I really wanna buy it

Thanks for the support guys...I have to say I agree with you . I'm just crossing my fingers at this point...

thekammerjammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thekammerjammer
Re: Van Halen Tux

I had already made this one and was just saving it for a derby like this one!

markpyro

quality posts: 1 Private Messages markpyro

nrarmen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nrarmen
davengvar wrote:1. I think the halftones are fine.

2. I would've gone for a brighter blue, one that was more sky-like, since your shirt is, after all, depicting the sky.

3. The red of the hydrogens stands out too much among the blue/yellow/green atoms. The red is too bright.

4. I almost want to say that all of the molecules should have been smaller. The size of the molecules makes the design more juvenile, I think. I wouldn't have added MORE molecules to the design though.

Thank you very much for your input!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

davengvar wrote:Yeah, I don't get it.

Judging by the paltry 21 votes it's probably not worth the time I'll put into explaining it, but here goes: The bird sings the notes, then uses one of them to prop up the door so he can escape. So music is his means of escape and so on.

Kiwii

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kiwii
Re: Pipe Organ

I ADORE pipe organs! Must win!

tamelamoss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tamelamoss
Anthony3419 wrote:I like the design. I really couldn't see a guy wearing this. But if it wins I will buy one for the wifey! +1

Maybe you should get radiomode to throw in a pirate, penguin or shark instead of the butterflies? I LOVE it and am glad to see something that looks a little more "girlish".

theraccoon

quality posts: 5 Private Messages theraccoon
Bluchaosfire wrote:Eh, it should be the opening drum part. That's when people know they've been rick roll'd. But I do want one.

Haha, excellent idea (although I think expecting people to read drum notation is even more optimistic than expecting them to read this).

Thanks for the vote :D

TheTrevinator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheTrevinator

I always enjoy a good clusterfrag of melody

ryanwms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryanwms
SailorButterfly wrote:Another nitpick: Woot will probably reject the 4/4 as text.

If they know anything about music, the 4/4 is no more of a "text" context than the notes themselves.

BSPollard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BSPollard
Re: level 11

I love it! I hope we get to see it on a shirt.

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
Re: Playing (with) Music

My childhood consisted of 2 things.

1. M&M's
2. Lego's

Well, thats about it...

TheTrevinator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheTrevinator
Re: Theremin

You guys are great!

ryanwms

mitchellp wrote:I woulda probably gotten this if Maine (ME) was drawn without one of the great lakes or whatever that is in the upper left.

But for the musically inclined, we use "Mi" for the 3rd step of a major scale and "me" for a minor scale. :-)

And it should be "re" rather than "Ray"

ryanwms

I teach music technology in a high school.
I have a Theremin in my classroom.

Totally awesome.

Sounds like a dentist's drill.

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth
AdderXYU wrote:This is really haunting and gorgeously done. If there is one shirt that absolutely should print this derby (and there might only be one), it is this.

I agree! I love this design.

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01
Re: Music Comes From The Heart

Gah. I forgot I don't know how to edit posts here. Ah well. Here are some of those detail shots. Thanks for the votes and comments you guys, they are very much appreciated.

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
Re: Brown Note

I nearly crapped myself just looking at this. That's awesome.... The shirt that is. GMV

winstonedwards

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winstonedwards
re: electronica

will buy

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
dankstick wrote:It is actually Michigan, MI.

Ah Hah!!! That would explain why I had a hard time making the connection. I used the wrong ME... MI not ME. That state makes a much better Michigan than it does a Maine! Thanks!

Plarsonjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Plarsonjr
Re: Let go

I will be in for 1 if this makes it great design flawlessly executed.

avhienda01

BootsBoots wrote:You are very good at grunge, Anthony. Very good.

Agreed.

avhienda01

Re: I Love Music

Very cute. The design is well done and it's very wearable. I'd love to have one.

elwayman02

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elwayman02
Re: Music Bot

this design looks incomplete. I really like where you're going, but I can't vote for it as is.

grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
Re: In Beat Wean

mybell wrote:Amazingly cool, like the concept, sitting on the steps watcching the world go by with my head phones on, while in my own music world. Just too cool.

Exactly the kinda feel I was going for. :-)

Thanks for catching on.

avhienda01

Re: Caught in a Sing-Off

I love the expression of the bird in the middle. Those notes look like they really hurt. Ouch.

KUClerks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KUClerks
re: music pirate (resub)

Last derby, I was upset with your design because I didn't feel it was any more on topic than my submission had been, and seeing v1 rejected did make a wee bit happy to see that you are, in fact, a real person, but they did have a good point that there really wasn't any direct music reference (a pun is a pun but when I make references to 1950s scifi, it nots necessarily obvious, like music pirating isn't necessarily obvious) but with the music notes, yes, it is now ON TOPIC (many shirts have ONLY music notes and are on topic, so a single music note IS enough to consider it on topic)...

...so it's nice to see a good design and you have my vote this time!

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
MadamAtom wrote:I think it is, but I hope it's not, because I'm voting for it. Too clever!

Considering there´s a lot of entries using music symbols that weren´t rejected because of text, I don´t think this one will be... A nice concept and a good execution. Well done!!

reganrai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reganrai

I absolutely LOVE this shirt. Hands down the best of the derby! I hope to be able to buy it Fri/Sat/Sun!

woot: 5 | shirt.woot: 19 | wine.woot: 3 | sellout.woot: 0