KUClerks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KUClerks
knwldg0010 wrote:The zune never gets any love.

I know right?!?! <3<3 my zune. Lol, mine's named Zena.

sleepingin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleepingin
Re: Wizard Guitar Duel

Thanks for everyone's comments! I would really like to see this on an actual shirt. Of course I'm biased, but I think it would be sweet.

Here are some details of the 2 wizards.

&

KUClerks

Re: It's a Von Trapp!

haha, okay. yeah, that took me wwayyy too long. i'mmmmmmm slow.

sleepingin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleepingin
Re: Vintage Music

I would definitely wear this one. 1. I love vinyl. 2. The colors are great!

KUClerks

mitchellp wrote:Ah Hah!!! That would explain why I had a hard time making the connection. I used the wrong ME... MI not ME. That state makes a much better Michigan than it does a Maine! Thanks!

haha yeah, now I realize what you're asking, uh, that's the UP (upper peninsula). It's funny because I go to university in Michigan and we had to explain what U.P. meant to the texans, alaskans, oreganites, and new yorkers lolll.

databit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
arcsus wrote:This is what I figured out after some lurking: There seems to be a very strange "war" between databit and "infobyte". They seem to be trying to out-nice each other. Bizarre. Although, it may be all just some grand scheme by databit so he has an excuse to post more. Either way, the creator is fully expecting this to get rejected.

Dude! Shh!
No one is supposed to know I am doing this just for the posts...

In fact some conspiracy theorists say we are actually one and the same person just doing this for attention.

Oh, and I told him people would get it better with the notes but he took artistic license.

Maybe if it gets rejected... when it gets rejected he can resub with notes.

databit

You see that, I actually made a triple post just to get more attention.

I am such an attention whore.

databit

You see that, I actually made a triple post just to get more attention.

I am such an attention whore.

KUClerks

Re: Harlem Nights

I'm surprised this doesn't have more votes! It's a very detailed design (not just randomly placed things) and it's very good! I guess not everyone's into saxamaphones... sax-a-ma-phone... lolll

KUClerks

Re: Wizard Guitar Duel

If this, under crazy rediculous circumstances, doesn't get printed, if you make a print available anywhere, I will buy for sure!!! it would make a greaaaaaaaaaaaat panorama print... sooooo coool, love this, I'm a scifi kid, so this is freakin awesome on soooooooooo many levels, like oh my gosh, how is this NOT in the fog!?

emoj0388

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emoj0388
Re: Music From the Heart Doesn't Alway Make Sense

Thanks! What colors do you think would work better for a resub maybe?

deeptendu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deeptendu
Re: Music is Life

Awesome, but there is something about having an image of an ipod on my shirt that I just can't get comfortable with...

graphix6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages graphix6
infobyte wrote:I have a GRAND OLD TIME looking at this entry! l0lzahu!

Hey thanks ~ Grand huh ~ I can handle that ~ LOL

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
Re: Music Comes From The Heart

This is very cool. I think this would be even cooler if she was sitting indian style and had the vinyl spinning in her lap. She just kinda ends. I do like your design though..+1

KUClerks

Re: the i-phonograph 2, little old man version

haha, love the idea, but everytime I look at it, I think, he's gonna fall over!? lol. gmv.

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
dangurous wrote:awkward angle and shadowing. otherwise, good effort. who doesn't like legos?

Would this perspective and shading work best than the one I have now??

grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
Re: In Beat Wean

chade2001 wrote:very nice! i don't think i can do something like this. very intricate!

Thanks. I think I'm gonna try something a little different next time though.

I believe I've learned from the error of my ways. We'll see how it goes.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
AdderXYU wrote:I don't have anything else in this style, but I did experiment with a picture that is totally different from this piece.

Oimoshgood, I really like the second one better!!!11!!! How do you manage to be so diverse? I would have appreciated a bit more false glow though. I am one of the shiny happy people, you know.

Still, I do applaud your brilliance!

thetoad2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thetoad2
Re: BoomBox

I enjoy the idea of this shirt. Looks very nice and detailed, yet simple.

lunchboxbrain

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lunchboxbrain
acobjoe wrote:Thanks for the support guys...I have to say I agree with you . I'm just crossing my fingers at this point...

Nice work man. Good luck!

lowery22367

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lowery22367
re: rock star

I can only believe you didn't intend this image, but your rock star seems to need a wax!

Even so, I'd buy the shirt as is! Great concept!

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
ryanwms wrote:I teach music technology in a high school.
I have a Theremin in my classroom.

Totally awesome.

Sounds like a dentist's drill.

Lucky! I want to find one locally just to play around on; they start at like 150 bucks and the good ones are 400. If one pops up on woot I'd be in for one! :P

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

immortalight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages immortalight
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=29878]

Hi! This is my first ever woot entry. I already see a couple things i can do better next time (like making my file names be just the title of my drawing-this is supposed be titled "Where's Everybody Going?" Ooops.) Anyway, if anyone has any comments or feedback I appreciate it very much! Oh and does anybody know how you get the grey square to go away in the shirt comp pallet?!!!)

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
Re: Geetar's agrowin' on me

Kind of a nice design. I don't think the 2 colors of green go well together though.

Icemank91

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91
Re: One Man Band

Definitely my favorite design this derby. Whimsical, musical and simple.

Great job!

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
chunkydesign wrote:Would this perspective and shading work best than the one I have now??

Yeah, that's an improvement. I think the thing that's throwing off your initial design is the shadow coming infront of your legos. The light source is behind the focus, but there isn't any shading. You wouldn't want the front of your subject to be shaded, so moving the light source to more behind the viewer makes the design look more inviting and on-display.

Hope this helps!

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

Valis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Valis
masterkraig wrote:If one pops up on woot I'd be in for one! :P

Me too. I have a secret love affair with the theremin and hope to master it someday.

mlovesr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlovesr
dssote wrote:Hmmm, striking resemblance to my friend, Thriller:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/LRX5hKWvyAaQbZKGwzVtUA?authkey=Gv1sRgCOD3ibD9iK67_gE&feat=directlink

That's funny! :-)

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129
dssote wrote:Hmmm, striking resemblance to my friend, Thriller:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/LRX5hKWvyAaQbZKGwzVtUA?authkey=Gv1sRgCOD3ibD9iK67_gE&feat=directlink

Whoa! A real, live robot!!!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
heartluce wrote:Oimoshgood, I really like the second one better!!!11!!! How do you manage to be so diverse? I would have appreciated a bit more false glow though. I am one of the shiny happy people, you know.

Still, I do applaud your brilliance!

I bet he'll refuse the shiny until you state that you also hold hands and laugh.

wizzdingo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wizzdingo
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=29878]

I like the humor behind this one,and I'm sure some other more experienced posters will be glad to help you with removing the square box.

Had a hard time determining whats leading the rest of the mice away. (Cat with flute right?) So it might be something worth pulling the background foward somemore so that detail can be seen easier.

Look forward to your future work.

Favs

wizzdingo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wizzdingo
wizzdingo wrote:I like the humor behind this one,and I'm sure some other more experienced posters will be glad to help you with removing the square box.

Had a hard time determining whats leading the rest of the mice away. (Cat with flute right?) So it might be something worth pulling the background foward somemore so that detail can be seen easier.

Look forward to your future work.

Oh, and I dont think white shirts get voted for too often. I think White and Yellow are typically avoided. Something you might want to look into (shirt color of past winners that is)

Favs

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129
Re: One Note Wonder

funny.

Manvyi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Manvyi
Re: Heartbeat

After last week's unfortunate run-in with the Rejectionator, here's something to warm the cockles of your heart with not even a smidgeon of Art Deco.

Had fun doing the winding shapes, and picking the colours.

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
masterkraig wrote:Yeah, that's an improvement. I think the thing that's throwing off your initial design is the shadow coming infront of your legos. The light source is behind the focus, but there isn't any shading. You wouldn't want the front of your subject to be shaded, so moving the light source to more behind the viewer makes the design look more inviting and on-display.

Hope this helps!

I understand completely what you´re saying. The composition of the blocks was made in 3D and I used the perspective and shadows I took from there, but removed the shadows from the faces. This is why it seems a little strange...

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01
Anthony3419 wrote:This is very cool. I think this would be even cooler if she was sitting indian style and had the vinyl spinning in her lap. She just kinda ends. I do like your design though..+1

Yeah. It was bugging me after I submitted it too. I was in too much of a hurry to put it up. I should have at least added more flames right beneath her instead of just that thin line. That's what happens when you rush things I guess >_<.

Thanks anyway of course .

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
chunkydesign wrote:Would this perspective and shading work best than the one I have now??

yeah! i think i like this better

gnomage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gnomage
Re: Let go

Definitely the best design in the derby. It's thematic, it's simple, it's happy, it's bright. Wish I can vote more than once for this one. Simply elegantly beautiful!

gnomage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gnomage
sonotthereason wrote:Woulda voted for it if it wasn't on yellow...resub on white or grey??? Really like the design tho...

I think the yellow adds alot to this design. There are way too many subdued colored shirts. Enough blacks and greys! Life is more than those two colors. And yellow looks good on a guy or a girl, imo.

grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
Re: In Beat Wean

AdderXYU wrote:I love the linework and the structure... really, I'm totally with you on this until you add the colors and shading in. The shading reminds me a bit of drakxxx's work, but something in the execution falls short for me... maybe just a bit too much color-bleed through the lines, or not enough filled-in lines, or something. And the palette, well, I appreciate the bold approach with the offbeat colors, but it's just not for me.

Still, I think with the same linework and some different filling in, this would be a sure buy. It's conceptually stunning. hopefully we'll see more of you and get to watch you come into your own, because you've clearly got talent to burn.

Yeah I think I should've handled the shading differently. I relied too much on broad strokes.

Though I like my colors :-P