omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
Re: Unplugged

An rglee to be sure. Great illustration.

theraccoon

quality posts: 5 Private Messages theraccoon
omnitarian wrote:I don't want to admit that this is the most brilliant shirt in the derby, but I'm having a very hard time convincing myself otherwise. So... congratulations?

Haha, thanks.

(although to be honest, I'm amazed this is doing as well as it is (as I imagine plenty of other people are, too...))

bmd5080

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmd5080
Re: Play musics for my eeears dum dum dum dum dum

Awesome shirt. That bird is horribly creepy but I love it.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
thumper62 wrote:I cannot believe this design is not in the top 4. This is one awesome shirt design. Great artwork..caught my eye right away!!!! If it doesn't make it on here let the peeps know where you might sell it at!!!

Thanks you folks!

It's great to find emotional support for a design I worked so hard on. I'm very happy!

erhii

quality posts: 1 Private Messages erhii

is to

as

is to

Yeah, someone smashing a cello, must be similar idea.

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
meh3884 wrote:I voted for this shirt and will definitely be buying it, though to be fair, it really looks like an ipod. i use an ipod, so i don't particularly care, but its just got that specific look to it.

Well it was supposed to be an ipod (hence looking like one xD) but I don't want anyone to think of this shirt as promoting a brand or anything like that. I just wanted it to be recognizable as a music player.

@ drunkenalien - I use Open Canvas to draw my designs. Photoshop is probably better suited for it, but I'm crazy like that.

Marvino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Marvino
MadamAtom wrote:Bars? I don't follow. It's a decomposed body, composing. What other joke are you referring to?

Also, it's hard to tell without a closeup, but is that a time signature? If so, this'll get rejected. Can't have numbers.

Apologies. I meant "staff." I're 'ignant. What I was referring to was that it looks like a cool "skeleton with blood ink" shirt at first glance, but then when you look closer, it's not as random as it looks... But it wouldn't make much sense without the staff.

wizzdingo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wizzdingo
Re: Playing (with) Music [Take2]

Maybe its just the different shirt template, but is this shirt at least flirting with the edge of the printing surface, if not past it?

Favs

grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
qdibble wrote:This is really cool. YGMV. It's nice to see something different on woot that works. Love your style...

Yay! 1 more vote for my sub!

Plarsonjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Plarsonjr
Re: One Note Wonder

I really dont get it?!?!?!

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
wizzdingo wrote:Maybe its just the different shirt template, but is this shirt at least flirting with the edge of the printing surface, if not past it?

No. In the ready to print file I send, the design is within the print area defined in the Woot template.If it gives you that feeling, it´s because of the shirt image I used, or maybe because I "warped" the design a little to go with the "flow" of the shirt...

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Wow, very nice!! Graphically and colors too.

Vote!

Morrigon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Morrigon
Re: Cherry Pi

Glad you liked it! It's a lot simpler than many of the designs out there, but IMHO, simple shows up nicely on cotton

kevout

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevout
re: the universal language

While I'm sure this won't make the top 3, I have to say that I love it. My dad and older brother are both low brass players (sousaphone, baritone, tuba - they do it all), and I started off on the cello, so this shirt would be absolutely perfect for us. Kudos!

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

I love this shirt too...its a damn shame it isn't collecting more votes. Grrr...

jasneko

nontypicalmale wrote:yayyyy!

yayy!

HarlequinHeart wrote:Ooooo! I love this, this is so me!

Cool so glad and thanks!

davengvar wrote:The placement of the design is really odd. I don't like it. This design also seems more appropriate for a painting than a shirt - I like it, but I don't think I'd wear it.

Hmm. Well if you look in my signature, there is an olive one with a different placement, perhaps you'd prefer that? This placement (and slightly different graphic) was requested by some people after I submitted the other.
Thanks for commenting anyway.

Vote!

jasneko

I like this, but where is the violin's bow?

Vote!

jasneko

Cool idea! I feel like I am doing this sometimes when I'm composing music, especially electronic...

Vote!

sleepingin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleepingin
Re: DANGEROUS LIFESTYLE

I love the boots on the dead guitar! That is an excellent detail.

LanyardLad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LanyardLad
Re: I Love Music

I like it and it's very original but personally I'd like it more if it was just the bass clefs making up the heart. But that's just me. Like I said very creative and you get mucho points for that.

principesa1979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages principesa1979
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=29878]

I love the idea behind this design!! Here are a few suggestions:
1-remove outline box
2-use all 6 colors (maybe give the cat a gold flute and red boots?)
3-bring cat and following mice closer
4-add tiny music notes from flute

jasneko

Very interesting... had no idea what this was and now have been reading about it and looking at video demonstrations for the past 30 minutes. How did I never hear of this before? I took an electronic music class in college!
In case anyone else is wondering, here's a video demonstration of what a theramin is.

Vote!

HarlequinHeart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HarlequinHeart
chunkydesign wrote:Considering there´s a lot of entries using music symbols that weren´t rejected because of text, I don´t think this one will be... A nice concept and a good execution. Well done!!

Yea, I was worried a bit about it... but I think I am good. I have not been rejected yet so that must mean something. Right? I think there was even a post by Joel (Woot Staff) that said: "Notes will be allowed".

Thank you guys for the votes!!! I am just so excited people like it

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
slowjam wrote:If this shirt wins and I buy it, can I tell everyone its a Ghost in the Shell reference? ;)

No problem, you can call it whatever you want if it prints.

Thank you for you support.

BILLTYLER

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BILLTYLER
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=29878]

Hey M. (i dont want to just put your name out there) It's bill! I love the shirt. GMV!

sleepingin

Re: the self-made musician

I'm glad someone did an accordion design, they are actually a pretty versatile instrument. Agree that the placement could be improved, but the mood is there.

Rodjmeister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rodjmeister
Re: the nature of music (resub)

i've been through most of the shirts and I like this one the best =]

-Rodj

albinoapple

quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple
Re: Music Pirate (resub)

idk what's up with everyone else the play on words was obvious to me. =/

Stellardig

Anthony3419 wrote:Were you listening to me, Neo? Or were you looking at the woman in the red dress?

Thanks for you comment and your vote. You have mine as well.

"To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."

Keep it Real! Thanks for the vote too.

HarlequinHeart

LanyardLad wrote:I like it and it's very original but personally I'd like it more if it was just the bass clefs making up the heart. But that's just me. Like I said very creative and you get mucho points for that.

I hear you, and I honestly would be perfectly fine with the Bass Clefs myself... actually one of my closest friends is a Bass Player and he would have said the same exact thing to me. LOL....
But, I like it this way too and glad you do to as well. I was thinking about what would be appealing to more people than just the Bass Players so people like me who might not be that musically talented, but totally love music could still rock a shirt like this
You know what I mean?

SI!!! Gracias for mucho points!

sleepingin

Re: Playing (with) Music [Take2]

This is a cool idea. It reminds me very much of THIS. I would recommend that anyone into electronic music or just crazy gadgets check this video out at TED talks. This technology is going to be amazing.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Play musics for my eeears dum dum dum dum dum

Edgar, I know this is still pretty early in the competition, and I truly hope that your design rallies and shoots up into the fog. But if/when it doesn't, and once woot's proprietary hold is up (though if they were smart like I want them to be smart, they'd have this as an editor's choice), would you please, please, please consider putting this design up somewhere else--like Cameesa? I would happily throw twenty dollars at this. Immediately. And then buy another one when it prints. Pretty please with a beautifully creepy, naively Romantic, deformedly anthropomorphic cherry on top?

Stellardig

katpanda322 wrote:i think it would be cool if woot made it glow in the dark ! xD gmv!

You are Right! Glow ink would look So Sweet on this design. Well... if it prints maybe that can be a request. Thanks for the your V&C

HarlequinHeart

HarlequinHeart

HarlequinHeart

Re: Music Bot

Awww... he's a cute lil' guy. I like his record eyes

Stellardig

masterkraig wrote:Glow ink would be awesome!

I really wish the top edge of the design wasn't so harsh/box-y, but I understand that's a result of woot's printing limitations :P

This would be sweet as a bleed coming down from the shoulders/neck ;D

No Doubt! It would be Sweet! Thanks for you V&C

albinoapple

quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple
AdderXYU wrote:And mark337 wins the selective reading award for March 2009

Good for you, yet another post packed with pretentiousness and little intelligence! Now really, it's obvious you offer non-constructive undefended criticism just to stroke your own ego.

And it's obvious you've got nothing of real importance to say!

HarlequinHeart

jasneko wrote:Very interesting... had no idea what this was and now have been reading about it and looking at video demonstrations for the past 30 minutes. How did I never hear of this before? I took an electronic music class in college!
In case anyone else is wondering, here's a video demonstration of what a theramin is.

Ha ha ha!!! Glad I was not the only one... I had to go look this up too. Then was like "Oh, so that's what makes all those creepy sounds!!!" LOL
Very Original! GMV

Stellardig

dangurous wrote:oh please keep the rejection machine away, c'mon votes! i would definitely buy this shirt.

I Agree! VOTE! And keep that rejection machine away L.O.L.

Thank you for your Strong Support on this design. It was funny to make and I hope it prints too. Thank you again!