Hakai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hakai

This better win. GMV 100 times over. Awesome design and symbolism. Make more designs like this and you have a woot career headed your way

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
CelestialAxis wrote:If this shirt doesn't win, you NEED to put it up on Cafe Press or something so I can buy one because it's the most beautiful shirt ever. I love music, and ANYTHING to do with music notes, but so much of it is tacky. I want want want this shirt.

Cafe Press? Ew. I would recommend Cameesa or even trying it over at Threadless.

Cameesa would be a good bet for a print, though.

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
dealmaster00 wrote:uhh even if your statement "Nothing in the fog has that (intangibles)," is true, so what? people vote for what they want to wear, not what is intangible or not.

peace

tony

I think his "so what," even if I disagree, is that those people are not artists, and thus, their work is not art. Illustrators and illustrations, designers and designs, etc. he would probably concede, but artists and art, probably not.

masterxuln

quality posts: 1 Private Messages masterxuln
RadicalPrefect wrote:in⋅ter⋅est⋅ing

–adjective
1. engaging or exciting and holding the attention or curiosity: an interesting book.
2. Something Adder personally approves of.

Personally, I prefer the first definition.

Well said! But actually, I'm not really sure if the real definition even matters. Adder decides how to define the words and all of us ignorant customers just have to deal with it.

Davintorento

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Davintorento

Holy PTERODACTYLS!, what a shirt

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
sekiyoku wrote:Is the problem mitigated slightly if the screen is made slightly bigger? *snip*
The other thing is that while the height/width are ipod-ish, it's definitely a simplified version to the extent that it could easily be a generic mp3 player.

Sorry for the delay in response...I imagine a generic mp3 player (from my own cheap-o and the people around me have who also have no-name mp3 players) as much smaller than what's pictured... it would be a little bigger than the size of a lighter, with a horizontal screen and a few buttons. These type or these. The smaller size would have also made it a smaller less important part of the design.

Even though it's simplified, the large size of the player, the screen, the white wire, the click wheel... just says ipod first, even with regular headphones. If the whole player was much smaller too, it would have offset the resemblance a little. Anyway...

Vote!

lemonlover

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lemonlover

Awwwwwwwwwwwww! I'm so pissed this isn't in the Fog of War! It's the only one I would buy!!! What is wrong with people?!?!

Re: Song Bird

LemonLover

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
SailorButterfly wrote:I'm pretty sure they only reject if the gradient is in the thumbnail, because that would be misleading people into thinking the gradient is on the shirt (and of course, if there's a fine gradient in the design itself).

But using gradients to jazz up the comp? Lots of artists do it & get away with it.

But... there is a gradient in the thumbnail...

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

masterxuln

quality posts: 1 Private Messages masterxuln
AdderXYU wrote:The perk to Hardees is, when a customer comes in wanting a cheeseless cheeseburger, you don't then have to put it on the menu. Whereas woot allows their brand of customoron to dictate their shirt sales.

I completely agree. Why should Woot listen to their customers? I mean that's just stupid, right? And why should the customers even vote for the shirts they prefer? That's just completely selfish and idiotic.

I say we need to get real. Anyone with even half a brain should realize that AdderXYU is the most intelligent being on these forums. Apparently most of the Woot customers don't have that much tissue in their skulls.

AdderXYU knows which shirts are garbage and which ones are good. He should be the one to decide. Woot should rename shirt.woot to adder.woot and hand full control of it over to him.

Then the Great AdderXYU shall sell only those shirts worthy of being sold and all of us morons will be buying the shirts we actually SHOULD be buying.

hijimmy5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hijimmy5
Re: Music Pirate (resub)

gmv, the headphones look like my skullcandy pair.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Vinyl Sunset

One of the best designs I've seen from you yet, Sir Tek.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

liunatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liunatic

this is really pretty. i love the simplicity of it....eyelashes would be a nice touch, too.

gopro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gopro
re: music is life

As what sekiyoku is saying about it not being an Ipod reference- most of the masses here will think Ipod because it looks like one. Wheel, size, screen placement. all of it looks too similar. I dont like Ipods for the sheer fact that a lot of Americans have one and people think Ipods are the only 'good' mp3 player on the market- which is false. A recent Sony Mp3 player is better than an Ipod in terms of portability, sound and design (design is my preference). Overall, I think like this shirt a lot and gave it a vote but wont buy one. This shirt is quite fantabulous.

HarlequinHeart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HarlequinHeart
sleepingin wrote:Thanks everyone for the positive responses and comments. I'm glad that my design has struck a chord with some of you (no pun intended, I swear!).

HarlequinHeart: I would love to see one of those rocker vans, they sound really cool!

Sleepingin - Here is a link to an image I found for you. I just googled Van Murals, this was very popular in the 70's early 80's. I guess I know this only because I grew up around cars my whole life.

http://www.myrideisme.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/img_5535.jpg

gopro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gopro
sekiyoku wrote:
The other thing is that while the height/width are ipod-ish, it's definitely a simplified version to the extent that it could easily be a generic mp3 player. There aren't the little white play/pause markers on the click wheel, for one. :p Also the screen is already larger than a normal ipod, and it is more boxy (as opposed to curved).

If you put the white play/pause markers it would detract the attention of the shirt.
True that it could be interpreted as a generic mp3 player- Except- what are the generic MP3 players trying to look like? Definitely not my former Apple Zen

danephewx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danephewx
re: like it[url=http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry.aspx?id=29886]look

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
Re: Vinyl Sunset

This is great and deserves to be in the fog.

Good job ST!

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

dijin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijin
Re: Studio Spoonist: the Hired Gun

made me think of the soundgarden song

Domenator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Domenator

Oi! Mosh good! I really really want this shirt!

Re:

One Man Band

dijin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijin
arcsus wrote:This is what I figured out after some lurking: There seems to be a very strange "war" between databit and "infobyte". They seem to be trying to out-nice each other. Bizarre. Although, it may be all just some grand scheme by databit so he has an excuse to post more. Either way, the creator is fully expecting this to get rejected.

Interesting..they have similar names too. And databit admits he is an attention whore as well. Hmm.

jasneko

liunatic wrote:this is really pretty. i love the simplicity of it....eyelashes would be a nice touch, too.

Thanks so much! Actually I do have an eyelash version as well, if you click in my signature or here..

Vote!

HarlequinHeart

Re: Take Me for Spin

Oh my gosh Mel! I must be blind!!!! Hence my lateness... I love this shirt design this is done very well. I like the fact that it is straight black and white very clean, very cool and the perspective drawing is amazing!!!

jasneko

Thanks for such nice comments smschenck and rglee129, I really appreciate it

Cindycindycindy - you're welcome, it was a great first design!

Vote!

HarlequinHeart

Re: chinese chicken

You know this shirt design really puts that song into perpective for me. LOL great conversation peice! --- now the song is stuck in my head! Dang it!
GMV

ueberRegenbogen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ueberRegenbogen
rcf22 wrote:You'll never see two dotted eight's barred together like that. Rather, you should have written it as a dotted eighth, then a sixteenth tied to another eighth note.

I'd've written it as a triplet.

ueberRegenbogen

purplehazel wrote:Many who don't get it (because they can't read it or haven't really tried) may ask what music it is - at which point the wearer can start singing to them. That seems like a better payoff than with the folk who 'read' it in the first place. Provided, of course, they then recognise that they have been rickrolled.

That's the trouble with rickrolling: it's generally only funny to people who know about it. Otherwise it's just a fairly nondescript '80s pop song; and your victim will just scratch their head at you. Too many rickrollers don't realise that it's a borderline inside joke.

It's also pretty droll in its classic implementation of simply playing the song. (Though embedding it in the help of a beta of a certain Twitter client was a good unexpected variation.)

The rule of thumb is that if the way that you mean to do it has already been done, don't bother; it isn't funny. It's an eyeroll.

But things like this offer a creative twist that makes it actually amusing. I'd actually be tempted to buy this! :D

ueberRegenbogen

bpr2 wrote:http://www.pdinfo.com/copyrt.php

I'd have to call fair use on this one. It's a tiny excerpt.

ueberRegenbogen

MadamAtom wrote:I think that's a distressing effect, but yeah--my first thought was "Zombie chick!"

Or Girl On Bass Splattered With Mud.

(Fake wear & tear is yak excrement to me.) :\

ueberRegenbogen

Re: tried and true, Vinyl the only medium.

Nothing like an about 45° peak tracking anomaly! :s
I wouldn't be able to stand to wear it, just for that.
(On top of which, it's a record changer. Nnnnno!)

goldenponies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldenponies
jasneko wrote:Hmm well as long as you thought it out;)
Though I do agree with someone above, with 6 arms, he could have carried it! Gmv anyway, very cute.

Thanks again for your comments. : )

ueberRegenbogen

Re: The Dance of the Flight

Wear this shirt: when listening to Harry James. ;)

ueberRegenbogen

ceilingcat wrote:An alto clef would make this shirt even better :D

New one on me. I only know treble, tenor, and bass clefs.

Does wearing this shirt count as being ♯ dressed?
Does that pun leave you ♭?
Is it just un♮?

soulxside

quality posts: 1 Private Messages soulxside

Great design, but I'm not jazzed about the shirt color... it's all too dark.

theraccoon

quality posts: 5 Private Messages theraccoon
ueberRegenbogen wrote:But things like this offer a creative twist that makes it actually amusing. I'd actually be tempted to buy this! :D

Thanks for your comment(s) - they're all very well made, and gratefully received!

Tabernack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tabernack
Re: Sounds like Treble

Wow this rose fast! Neat though. I'd wear it. I like the placement.

gijose

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gijose
Re: Pandora's Note

if your goal is to win the derby, you should really just chibify all of your entries

NYC!

RadicalPrefect

quality posts: 4 Private Messages RadicalPrefect
Hakai wrote:I don't know why a guy is wearing a girl style but awesome design!! GMV!!

Maybe because some guys are secure enough in their masculinity that they don't have to wear shirts that range in color from dark grey to black.

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski
eddie22487 wrote:Definitely has my vote. I love it. I don't really download music, because I don't listen to that much anyways. But definitely don't agree with all the hype people are making about pirating it. I'm totally fine with that. Not every pirate is a legitimate sale. If I download music, I'm definitely not going to otherwise spend my money on it.

Love it.

....you know you can't vote, right?

2Twitchy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2Twitchy
ryanwms wrote:If they know anything about music, the 4/4 is no more of a "text" context than the notes themselves.

would using C instead be better or worse? just a thought.

linkszelda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linkszelda
Re: Music Pirate (resub)

even though you go for the cutesy aspect of things, ramy, you really need to work on getting some anatomy lessons for non-humans. animals and apparently skeletons. i don't like a few of your shirts simply because the creature looks odd. the style, fine, but i have had enough of it...concept and colors usually work nicely and i applaud you for them. but i can't buy a pirating skeleton if their skull makes them look like a bucktoothed child. and if his teeth were longer, he'd look like whats-his-face from the last Pirates of the Caribbean.