teshiruu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teshiruu
AdderXYU wrote:The perk to Hardees is, when a customer comes in wanting a cheeseless cheeseburger, you don't then have to put it on the menu. Whereas woot allows their brand of customoron to dictate their shirt sales.

Sheerly out of curiousity I want to the ApparelXYU site in your signature. Given the choice of that to woot, I would have to say I'd choose woot any day. Creativity flourishes in Democracy, and the same is true of the novelty t-shirt industry. I mean, I woke up today in a shirt of a little pirate orange, caught myself in the mirror, and was like " :D ". Do you think I would've felt that way in a " The Clownward Spiral" t-shirt? No. Do you think Trent Reznor wouldn't shoot blood from his eyes when he heard about it? I think he and I would have about the same reaction: "Everyone who wears one of these is a tool".

keithce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keithce
Re: Let go

Gets my vote!

bvbooks

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bvbooks
Re: Theremin

This is a shirt I would buy, no doubt about it. Very nice.

MonolithTMA

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MonolithTMA
teshiruu wrote:I have every intention of buying at least 2 prints.

I'll be buying at least 2, probably more. This design is amazing.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
sekiyoku wrote:Wow, chill out. That's not what I meant. I don't think people should vote for shirts unless they intend to buy them because it screws up the voting. A shirt should NEVER undersell its vote total - this happening indicates a flawed system. Because I believe this, whenever someone comments that they voted for me but don't plan to buy, I feel a little unsettled. So I have two options - convince them to take back their vote, or convince them to buy the shirt. But asking people not to vote your own design just seems a little weird. So hence my joking comment that he should buy the shirt.

But it's not like he's going to buy the shirt anyway if he doesn't want to. I don't really get your overreaction.

sorry that I overreacted. It just came across to me as greedy- getting his vote isn't enough, you're going to shame him into buying the shirt. Your smilie didn't register with me at all- maybe because I've had lots of people smile at me while they were being very unpleasant to me.

Personally, I would never have any problem telling the voters, if you don't like it enough to buy it, then don't vote for it. Still, I don't have the belief you have that a vote is a personal assurance that one truly will buy the shirt. I just think there are lots of legitimate reasons to vote for something without planning to actually buy it. Only a couple of shirts have ever ended up with fewer buys than votes anyway, right? (I'm pretty sure that info comes from the Adder, but it seems likely to be true. I'm certainly not believing that there's a big trend that there are lots of people voting for designs that don't end up buying them.)

jhench

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhench

[quote postid="3102492" user="gymst"]Ya know, I thought the same thing when I saw this, was about to post my thoughts then saw this comment, glad I'm not the only one.

i'm pretty sure that's a newer zune. the pad looks slightly squarish. Even if it's not i could probably convince myself it was and buy this shirt anyway.

Stexe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe

I think it is just me, but this shirt really reminds me of the MtG card "Memory Jar."

amdgjmj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amdgjmj

I likes! I have a Band Nerd big brother...I know he would be all over this.

KUClerks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KUClerks
immortalight wrote:I'm sorry I didn't see this one earlier. This is one of the most beautiful designs I've seen on woot. This is my first woot derby and I'm really surprised by what people do and don't vote for. This beautiful, professional looking design should be in the top five for sure!

oh my gosh, it's hard to contain the smile you've put on my face! thank you so much!

sneffers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sneffers
Re: Electric Essence

I know it's kinda late now but here's a link to a bigger version of this shirt, may not be huge but I didn't have time to host it anywhere, it's just from facebook so here it is:
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs040.snc1/2672_79508520545_740260545_2826879_317659_n.jpg

keithsdragons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keithsdragons

The reaction to it being an iPod is childish, and I hope Sekiyoku's design choice gets a bit more credit for it's aesthetic wisdom. He's got a great point, too, in that it's hard to get any more generic in the line of digital music players. The white earbuds might have offered a legitimate source of complaint, but those headphones (monitors, more likely)... wow. Such an organic blend, it's a beautiful piece. <3

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/Zune2(1).jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/56/ZenVisionM.png

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

Only shirt in the fog that I'd buy/wear.

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

It embrangles this didn't get into the final fog. Awesome design!

Hutif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hutif
Re: Pink Freud - Dark Side of the Mind

What!? Rejected for being "Off-Topic"?! It's a Floyd reference, what's more musical than that!?

szacoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages szacoc
Re: Sounds like Treble

Tell me if you get this in Bass Clef. I love the concept.

LetsGoDreaming

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LetsGoDreaming
lemonlover wrote:Awwwwwwwwwwwww! I'm so pissed this isn't in the Fog of War! It's the only one I would buy!!! What is wrong with people?!?!

I totally agree! The top 6 are all shirts that I wouldn't care to own. (Though, I'll buy the yellow one for a friend of mine if it's printed.)

The top shirts are such typical cutesy shirts (in my opinion) Except the treble clef one... which is cool... but still, I like this best. ]:

*cheers* F.O.G... F.O.G.... ;)

jmcgrizzle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmcgrizzle

dig it

jimmichance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmichance
Re: Pipe Organ

i need this on a shirt

jcastagno

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jcastagno

I vote for sounds like treble...

its a great idea

goosiedragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goosiedragon
Re: Mountain Sound

i was hoping i could buy this, too bad

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB
Re: In Beat Wean

Wow, this is very beautiful. Please do more in this style for future derbys!

(Derbys? "Derbies" just does not look right, but the spell checker likes it better *Shrug*)

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB
Re: A Delicious Melody

This is terrific! I woulda bought it :/

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

This will be my only yellow shirt.
I better get daughter one too.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

andrewms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewms
Re: Music of the Heart

I like this one...i would like to buy it for my mom, who is an RN.

metalwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages metalwolf

in my mind, he has the skullcandy brand headphones. lolol pretty clever.

andrewms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewms
Re: Song Bird

I LOVE THIS SHIRT...WISH I COULD GET IT! YOU SHOULD SELL THIS AND YOUR RETRO DESIGNS ON ETSY, I BET THEY WOULD SELL GREAT!

glacierice16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glacierice16
Oldyeller89 wrote:While this shirt should have been on topic in the first place, I don't particularly like your addition to make it more on topic. Why wouldn't he just be listening to the music via his computer? I think it would be a lot better if you had a CD burner and a stack of cds on the desk (although I can see how that would clutter the picture).

It makes perfect sense for him to be plugged into his ipod. For one thing, when nature calls, he can keep on listening to bob marly while dropping the younglings off at the pool. Or, if he decides to go downstairs and grab another beer, the same logic applies. Also, when the FBI raids the house, he can grab his AK, hop out the window, and get to a strategically sound position to make his last stand, all while listening to "break stuff" by limp bizkit. I mean, if your going to go down, it might as well be listening to limp bizkit and papa roach. And who the hell burns cds anymore??? lol.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
teshiruu wrote:Sheerly out of curiousity I want to the ApparelXYU site in your signature. Given the choice of that to woot, I would have to say I'd choose woot any day. Creativity flourishes in Democracy, and the same is true of the novelty t-shirt industry. I mean, I woke up today in a shirt of a little pirate orange, caught myself in the mirror, and was like " :D ". Do you think I would've felt that way in a " The Clownward Spiral" t-shirt? No. Do you think Trent Reznor wouldn't shoot blood from his eyes when he heard about it? I think he and I would have about the same reaction: "Everyone who wears one of these is a tool".

If we're going to quibble on such a stupid topic, I'd wager Trent Reznor would have the same reaction to your little pirate orange, as well. I mean, maybe you know Trent better than I, but it's just a hunch that if he suddenly became a hardcore shirt.wooter, he and I would have similar feelings about the sort of stuff that does well here. Regardless of how he felt about anything I ever put forth into the world. He sure as hell wouldn't be buying anything in the fog this week.

eegal3

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eegal3
Re: Music Pirate (resub)

I just wanted to say I am sorry I did not get on here to vote for this shirt. I really think it's great and I do agree that a "music pirate" fits within the theme.

I love shirts that you can understand without a title and have a bit of a pun to them. That's what my woot shirt collection consists of, so hopefully this one will be one of the top 3.

Good luck!

filenamedotexe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages filenamedotexe

Do let me know if this ever gets printed. I'll bite.

Good job!

filenamedotexe

Re: Electronica

Do contact me if you sell it via your site. I really like the design! Sorry it didn't win!

filenamedotexe

Re: Take Me for Spin

GREAT DESIGN! Contact me if you sell this anywhere else? I'm really digging this one!

filenamedotexe

Re: tried and true, Vinyl the only medium.

Hmmmm.... if you sell it elsewhere I would like to know! Great design!

filenamedotexe

Re: Chicago EQ Reflection

If you sell this anywhere else, I would like to know! I'm usually not a fan of red... but I am a fan of House! Good design.

penguinhuddle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penguinhuddle

i love it, i'd wear it!

lilymaiden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilymaiden
re: sounds like treble

Congratulations on making it to the fog! Not really my kind of shirt ... no pun, creative concept or fabulous prettiness involved, but apparently you nailed your audience.

penguinhuddle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penguinhuddle
Re: Electronica

really cool idea and design!

wsquared11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wsquared11

great balance of real and abstract. a little concerned about how I would look in yellow but I want it!

LPAkira

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LPAkira

Really nice design. I love Chopin. As a guy, I wouldn't personally wear it, but I think it is really neat.

MitchB25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MitchB25