glycerineburn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glycerineburn

I'm a professional cook and I'm buying the hell out of this t-shirt.

ChefRAZ wrote: there you go chef .....................

I've considered getting Mise en place tattoo'd on my wrist but I already have a salumi-style primal cuts of pig tattoo on my shoulder and think it might be going overboard.

Chieffoodtaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chieffoodtaster

i love the shirt. can't wait to wear it in the kitchen. thanks woot

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
ChefRAZ wrote:thats the designers tat. I wouldn't be caught dead with something like that on my...anywhere on me. Jaden always late to the game? huh =P

I've been busy. XP
My nights are being sucked up quite a bit, and will be until mid May. I'm in a vocal competition and I've been practicing about 5 nights a week.

How's this for catching up: If you go to Mikey's facebook page, he's wearing Dan Zettwoch's 'Grilled Cheese':

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
JadenKale wrote:I've been busy. XP
My nights are being sucked up quite a bit, and will be until mid May. I'm in a vocal competition and I've been practicing about 5 nights a week.

well good luck in that. jaden.

p.s. that's the shirt he wore while cleaning up the restaurant in the cutting block.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

I'd buy it if my name were "Mack".

shutts67

quality posts: 17 Private Messages shutts67

Boss tatt, Boss!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
gibson5string wrote:Apparently alot of people have visited Google to decipher the meaning behind this shirt!

oh wow, talking about woot power

madfiNch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages madfiNch

Awesome shirt. I don't watch TV so I don't know who the chef is but thanks!! The second I saw the shirt I knew I had to have it!! When I was in chef school wrote a song about my knives
I think I am now officially addicted to woot!

heykelley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heykelley

Well, as a chef-in-training, I love this shirt. Thanks, Woot!

Doverhere

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Doverhere

Absent the explanation by TCRUEY........ this would be a stupid shirt.......

........and still, 99.9% of people will never get it and never understand......

so, why..........???

ginbak

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ginbak

I really like this shirt... but as I'm not a chef (or that I even cook much) - I'd prefer another option with the knife stuck into the chest.

Yeah... that one would be perfect for me.

I've been in a mood.

albinoapple

quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple
Pufferfishy wrote:I've been away a while.... did Woot! have a "Stupidest Shirt Ever" derby?

No silly! Apparently while you were gone you forgot that derby shirts only run Friday through Sunday.

wvtalbot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wvtalbot

They come runnin just as fast as they can
Coz every girl crazy bout a sharp dressed man!

larryedit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larryedit

Regarding cooking, I would love a shirt with a microwave oven on it, and a phrase that translates to "Everything in Here."

Great product description this morning!

Carry on.

Johnson76067

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Johnson76067
Cycospaz2 wrote:So this should come with one of those wooden knife-holding blocks?

I think you ARE the wooden knife-holding block...

larryedit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larryedit
wvtalbot wrote:They come runnin just as fast as they can
Coz every girl crazy bout a sharp dressed man!

ZZ Top! WOOT!

victorcali

quality posts: 0 Private Messages victorcali
slowjam wrote:So wait, it's a cooking joke shirt?

guys its just a french cooking phrase that means to be organized when youre cooking.

its not about murder

its not a "joke"

but it is a shirt with a knife on it. so im in for 1.

acewald

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acewald

Mise en Place is a term Cooks use to prepare before cooking or bakeing by premeasuring and cutting all ingrediants.

Basically you "put everything in its place" before starting to cook.

Youll see chiefs on TV that have the little bowls with all of the ingrediants in them so they just throw them together.

victorcali

quality posts: 0 Private Messages victorcali
astaire wrote:I'm a big foodie but I don't work in a kitchen.. so I can't decide whether I should get this or not. I love it though!

good point. any cooks out there? if we foodies buy the shirt, is it a show of support? or are we poser personal heroes?

mikeytorres2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mikeytorres2
ChefRAZ wrote:thank you. if you want chef stuff http://shop.cafepress.com/chef

Hey! Gimme a break, its my first shirt! I don't see your shirt up there!!! so HA!

mikeytorres2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mikeytorres2
astaire wrote:I'm a big foodie but I don't work in a kitchen.. so I can't decide whether I should get this or not. I love it though!

my opinion is that regardless of your profession, mise also refers to balance in your life. its like a 5 second mantra i tell myself when ive got cooks yelling at me in spanish, tickets overflowing and pots boiling, or when my bf is yelling at me

Xenora

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Xenora

I'd like to see someone in this shirt next to someone in the Mon Petit Chou shirt.

Can't you just see a murder scenario play out with these shirts?

My woot! purchases: The Original Blue Hedgehog; To The Top in the Style of Da Vinci; Deforestation; The Owliminator; Yeti & Robot; Electronica (The holy grail of all shirts... THE SYNTH SHIRT! Wahoo! ^.^)
...and 1 Random. (I hope Woot! doesn't pull another Random Roulette on me for a long time; I need to hang on to my money!)

If there are any repeat posts, blame my stupid computer!

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Xenora wrote:I'd like to see someone in this shirt next to someone in the Mon Petit Chou shirt.

Can't you just see a murder scenario play out with these shirts?

Hahaha, this is the best possible reason to buy this shirt. Especially with the contrast between pink and black shirt colors.

ctrawick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctrawick

You're use of "it's" as a possessive pronoun make's me cra'zy.

nrarmen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nrarmen

Congrats on your print Mikey I'm not a fan of sharp objects or a chef so the shirt's not for me. But clearly, you've made several chefs, cooks, etc happy today :D

Emilily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Emilily

This shirt was MADE for my lil' sis... she's at the CIA, is in love with her knife set, is endlessly brutal and would wear a knife proudly, and she's always yelling at me when I'm in the kitchen making a godawful mess.

Mise en Place Emily!! Why are you putting the onion on the counter!!!??! and what the hell is the rice bag doing on the floor!?

okay so that last part was a joke...... really.....

grimsb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grimsb

Somebody needs to send one of these to Anthony Bourdain. It would be perfect for when he's in some third-world country eating raw intestines out of a live pig.

JadenKale

grimsb wrote:Somebody needs to send one of these to Anthony Bourdain. It would be perfect for when he's in some third-world country eating raw intestines out of a live pig.

Nah... surely Tony would request them grilled first.

Coincidentally, is that a new thing - keeping the pig alive while you disembowel it? L O L

tattooedbear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tattooedbear

It's amazing how people will just walk into
a tattoo shop and assume all artist are able
to actually tattoo. In this day and age, where tattooing is being done by people that can't even draw, and on the other side of the coin
there are artists that are changing the way
tattoos can be done.

I see new tattoos that are just TERRIBLE. I don't understand why people even try to find a good DEAL on tattoos
Cheap tattoos aren't good and good tattoos aren't cheap.

Sigilum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sigilum
shutts67 wrote:Damnit!!! This culinary student may need this shirt...

greed in for one

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
gibson5string wrote:Apparently alot of people have visited Google to decipher the meaning behind this shirt!

amazing.

consolecowboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages consolecowboy

Seems very fitting that the tip of the knife is pointing approximately at the heart.

consolecowboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages consolecowboy
Chieffoodtaster wrote:i love the shirt. can't wait to wear it in the kitchen. thanks woot

You specifically get dressed for one room of the house? Do you change clothes every time you move from room to room?

deadlyblonde

quality posts: 6 Private Messages deadlyblonde

I have so many black t-shirts, that one has to be pretty spectacular for me to actually purchase it. This one just doesn't quite meet that level of epic awesomeness needed.

If it said something like, "Please stop looking at the knife on my chest, it's not real and cannot hurt you." *Then in even smaller text* "The one in my back pocket however...'

Womp-womp...

mike5780267

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mike5780267

In for one.
Big time food nerd right here and that statement has helped me out more than I could have thought. Specifically when I'm the only cook for 25+ people.

It's not about murder or violence, it's about cooking. Some people will get it, some won't.
Just don't think it's about hurting other people.

JadenKale

mike5780267 wrote:In for one.
Big time food nerd right here and that statement has helped me out more than I could have thought. Specifically when I'm the only cook for 25+ people.

It's not about murder or violence, it's about cooking. Some people will get it, some won't.
Just don't think it's about hurting other people.

It would be murder if you attacked the Mon Petit Chou wearer... I mean, could you imagine the horror of chopping up the little mustache-wearing cabbage for use in your most flavorful stir fry.

mmmm Chinese sounds so good... even at 10:30am

timtgarcia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timtgarcia

"Its," not "It's." Check that grammar, Woot...

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj
JadenKale wrote:It would be murder if you attacked the Mon Petit Chou wearer... I mean, could you imagine the horror of chopping up the little mustache-wearing cabbage for use in your most flavorful stir fry.

mmmm Chinese sounds so good... even at 10:30am

LMAO!!! I wanted this shirt the second I saw it...being in love with cuisine, and knowing many chefs in my area, I can't wait to wear it to the next "Taste of Kalamazoo" this summer

Kudos to Mikey Torres on a unique and quirky sense of humor (which we always can use more of on w00t!)!!

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig

Here's a kind request!

1 hour left to vote for what could be my first shirt.woot print! :D

Check it out and vote? The link is just below, thanks!

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig

Also, those are some sick tats!

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com