jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Hey, I just noticed this one. Very nice, I especially like the birds. And coincidentally, I bought a bird feeder today!

Vote!

Tanapangarap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tanapangarap

Seeking to add further evidence that Boots' is a lowest-common-denominator-stooping-pseudo-artist, I looked at her gallery. Unfortunately, I discovered that she anticipated such a search and was crafty enough to plant the gallery with such unique and inspired works as "Cheer Up! She Found You", "Explanation For My Passion (Or Lack Thereof)", "Chocobos Ala Salvador Dali", and "You Can't Go Back."

Fortunately, I still have the record of her week-by-week wins here at Woot to show that she cares nothing for being in the latter category of what AdderXYU calls "a distinct difference between wanting to make money off your art, and wanting to make art for money."

Get with The Program.

jasneko

I do love the little dino. Overall though something is not clicking for me with the t-rex shadow. Maybe if it were coming from behind a cloud or a tree or something, and was slightly less dark and huge... though I'd have to give it more thought. But great job with the little one, and cute idea!

Vote!

Cam22

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Cam22
Re: Place This in Water

Yay! It made it into the fog of war. Everyone keep voting so it can become first place. I want this shirt!

keyser520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
lovelysonnet wrote:hi i like it! except idono if the wording would go..

The wording wouldn't go. It's a no text derby. That was just put on the comp...

jasneko

Oh my goodness. You should totally resubmit your thumbnail. My eyes went over it over and over and wasn't attracted to the meteor/astroid..then today I finally decided to look and so cute!! Resubmit with the faces of the dinos or even the whole of the two hugging or something... the thumbnail doesn't do justice to the design (no offense!)

Vote!

jasneko

My suggestion/comment would be your comp photo actually..the design looks cute, but it's a bit small on the shirt, and the background color of the image (beige? brown) doesn't suit the colors the way the blue does. One large tee, or at least a blue bg would have helped show this off. For instance, the dino on the blue, at least from what I can see, looks like it pops off the blue, but it looks lackluster on the beige/brown. I guess it's a bit late now, but maybe you could post a larger image to see? Just my two cents, since you wanted suggestions

Vote!

Teknikas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Teknikas
Re: Ready for climate change

I really like the color choices and the retro feel...got my vote. Nicely done

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed

koronae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koronae
Re: Clockwork Dinosaurs

Ohh Drakxxx <3 This is amazing. I remember telling you in the discussion thread that I loved it. :] I'm so happy you went with clockwork steam toys as your concept. When this prints (Not if. It will, I'm certain of it!) I will buy it without hesitation. I am seriously in love with this shirt.

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
Re: They always go for the surly ones

maybe your right about resubbing my stuff. hopefully it'll get more exposure! thanks!

gone!

mamaGiraffe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamaGiraffe
Re: The trouble with dinosaurs...

Working on an old "dinosaur" can be pretty agravating, maybe even a little scary sometimes! Don't you wish a meteor would strike so you'd have a good excuse to finally upgrade?

bsweber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber
theinfinityloop wrote:Very well drawn and I think you achieved a good 3D effect with the surface of the water.

thanks

chade2001

Re: Asteroid-Crossed Lovers

i resubmitted this for attention-whore purposes. please forgive me!

gone!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
dekonstruct wrote:I don't know, looks like it got beat by a pill... If I knew why I probably wouldn't be in this position.

Well obviously it's "because good is dumb". (sorry, I wanted to use a Space three-dimensional circles reference) XD

why people want a sponge pill is beyond me. At least this was creative and unique. You have been seriously robbed, sir.

jajackson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jajackson
Re: Tea Time

so cute! so clever!
oh god do i love tea!!!!

J∂çøß

jajackson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jajackson
Re: Unprepared

Awesome work! I love it!

J∂çøß

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: My Boss

Very amusing Jaden! Really, who uses a type writer anymore?

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
itsbeth wrote:ETA: Regarding the steam and wind-up combination, perhaps the dinosaurs are so large that no one power system is enough to keep them going. Remember that some dinosaurs needed a second brain to manage all their nervous functions (granted none of those dinosaurs made this shirt, but, still). Just a thought. ;)

good concept, Beth.

I look at it more as the dinosaurs are steam-powered, and the gold key is more of an ignition switch / on-off selector.

bottom line:
The design is gorgeous. Don't care about details.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
AdderXYU wrote:While I will certainly back up boots in most cases, this is in reference to the fact that this shirt basically already exists, and it was pointed out that it already existed before she submit this piece, and she saw as much, and was egged on to submit anyway.

To be fair, I didn't submit the original that was similar to other shirts (and I wouldn't have, as I don't really trust the rejectionator's judgement. I did consider it for a minute, but that was only because I was so focused on the weird inbetweenosaur as being the main focus of the shirt. It really wasn't at all and I realized this quickly). I spent time coming up with a new concept and submitted that. In my opinion, the concept is completely different (it's ok if you disagree, but at least give me credit for trying even if you think I failed). The design is based on the t-rex to chicken theory, which isn't new, but neither is the concept of the dino meteor extinction. Most t-shirt designs are based on something. It's hard to make something that's not based on anything that people are familiar with. I can't do it EVERY week. My brain just can't do it. ;)

chade2001

Re: Asteroid-Crossed Loversss

hellooo, i'm testing!

but thank you for participating!

gone!

BootsBoots

JadenKale wrote:You have been seriously robbed, sir.

Agreed. I really wanted this shirt.

BootsBoots

Tanapangarap wrote:Seeking to add further evidence that Boots' is a lowest-common-denominator-stooping-pseudo-artist, I looked at her gallery. Unfortunately, I discovered that she anticipated such a search and was crafty enough to plant the gallery with such unique and inspired works as...

Bwahahahaha!

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: The Trophy

Haha, that's great! So much detail and a neat idea.

rdonley11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rdonley11

Anchiceratops SMASH!!

Great illustration. Looks like something you'd actually find in a museum gift shop.

ebwebster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ebwebster

I prefer the green, but not for any reason of quality, I can see a budy of mine in this black and red version. (I voted for both!) I love seeing how the different colors look so different. The "eyes" are so much more noticable in this version. It's much more face-like.

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
TBird89 wrote:Great design that should win. But I think your putting out so many versions is hurting your chances. You're pulling votes out against yourself.

Thanks. Sadly, I don't think having multiple versions of this is going to really make much of a difference. This is a tough week to win since there seems to be such a high interest in dinos on this site.

databit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
Re: Lesothosauras

Text and photo would get you disqualified on this one. The dinosaur would make a nice line drawing, maybe you could put it into Photoshop or illustrator and trace it up and resubmit.

databit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit

Coo Drawing, I like it!

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
jasneko wrote:My suggestion/comment would be your comp photo actually..the design looks cute, but it's a bit small on the shirt, and the background color of the image (beige? brown) doesn't suit the colors the way the blue does. One large tee, or at least a blue bg would have helped show this off. For instance, the dino on the blue, at least from what I can see, looks like it pops off the blue, but it looks lackluster on the beige/brown. I guess it's a bit late now, but maybe you could post a larger image to see? Just my two cents, since you wanted suggestions

I totally agree. I tend to have a problem making the design too small. Looks great on the screen, but when I submit it it is just too small to see the details. My other design this week is the same way. I will definitely work on that going forward.

I also agree about the shirt comp background color. When I picked it, I was trying to make the overall package look good, but the beige does drown the design itself. In my second design, I took that to heart an just went with a slightly different shade of the shirt, instead of going for eye candy. I will also stick with the similar colors in the future.

Thanks a ton for taking the time to help a nub to the derby!

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: Clockwork Dinosaurs

Great design, and I love how the gold keys and eyes really stand out.

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois

I really like the style of this one. The lines are all very precise, and the colors are great.

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
Re: Lesothosauras

Whoa, excellent illustration!

Did you use CS19 for this?

Footw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Footw
itsbeth wrote:I love how random and nonsensical this is!

That doesn't sound like a compliment, but it is one.

haha! I'm happy you love my random and nonsensical skills ;) Thanks for the compliment! =)

BootsBoots

Nice illo. I love the detail.

BootsBoots

itsbeth wrote:Rather reminiscent of a sock puppet.

Yes... it is. I actually like this one. There's no text allowed this time, though.

BootsBoots

Re: Bronte

Is THIS art deco? I still don't know and I'm glad that confusing derby is over.

I really like the color scheme on this one, E. And the little bit of highlighting on the dino is a nice touch. It makes him look like a piece of cut out paper that stands apart from the background. I like it.

Lazarus426

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lazarus426
Re: Unprepared

this better win it! awesome shirt, can't wait to wear it.

GhostChild0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GhostChild0

this is so cute! i totally want this shirt!

fdvsn158

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fdvsn158
re: asteroids killed the dinosaurs

Outstanding

Mitchell Rovito