Jfreak623

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jfreak623
jabbasi wrote:Dooly?

lol.....no......but at least i know who dooly is now after a quick google search lol

grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
Re: Surgery In The Sky

man i just don't seem to be able to break out of the 50 block. :-(

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode

Now "in and out" mode

haydawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haydawn

love it!!!

Teknikas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Teknikas
koronae wrote:8V But those were his OPINIONS. They are just wildly different than yours.

Edit: Also, I'd like to note that calling the person you are disagreeing with a wanker reflects pretty poorly on you, especially when you are complaining about people's bad attitudes. :V Hypocrite.

LOL, wow you guys sure showed me. Really put me in my place...I might cry or maybe hang myself in the closet like an emo kid. Happy now? Such witty intellects you are! kikz, bitchez :P

Stormink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stormink
ramyb wrote:Wow, I was really surprised to read these comments from you, but am really glad that you enjoyed the design. And to add to the surprise, I actually agree with all the critiques you gave on it as well. It's nice to be on the same page for once. I don't think I'll be changing the design because it clearly isn't going anywhere, but hopefully I can have entries in the future that you like as much, and I especially agree about the halftone and will take that into consideration for future entries.

I am also glad to be on the same page as you for once. Hopefully you now realize that I'm not just a really stubborn internet freak. (Or at least not as much...) Also I'm sorry that your design isn't doing as well because it merits a much higher spot in this derby. Its much better then a lot of the other guppy in the lead.

And I also look forward to your submission next week now!

Hirshy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hirshy

haha I already did =] gl

00soul

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 00soul
Re: Love Hurts

lol it's the the dinosaur equivalent to scratch marks

Astolpho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Astolpho
Re: An Icon Awaits... (resub)

I am taking mental notes for future submissions on this design's meteoric rise up the rankings.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

This isn't something I would wear (mostly too big a graphic), but this is a really fantastic illustration. Awesome detail on the triceratops.

Teknikas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Teknikas
Stormink wrote:*Note: I would have left this message blank as a rebuttal to your argument, but I didn't think you would understand the sarcasm of it, so instead I left you this small message to explain the idea.*

*Note: I would have left this message blank as a rebuttal to your argument, but you're a bloody wanker. Be sure to quote that correctly later on when you whine about it in the thread, just doesn't have the same ring without the "bloody". I'm off work the next few days so I'll prolly miss any epic comments that follow but please do waste your time writing back.

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
Re: Dino Scout Camp

Mmars, in the picture the Triceratops has given into peer pressure of the other juvenile Dino Scouts and is experimenting with being a carnivore.

In the interest of full disclosure I am attaching a list of actual errata:
1. The actual colors of the Dino Scout Uniform were between beige and blue, but are not reproducible using the Pantone Solid Coated color system. A pleasing substitution was made.
2. Humans weren't actually around at the same time as T-Rex and are only shown here for comic effect.
3. T-Rex preferred to grill his food in a well seasoned cast-iron pan. A twig is shown to give the impression of "roughing it."
4. Triceratops tongues were not pointed, but for the purpose of following the line of the mouth it is shown as such (aka artistic license).
5. The scale of the two juveniles appears to be very wrong, but bear in mind the difference in parallax since they are not actually on the same plane (though it may appear they are). And don't bring it up to the T-Rex since he hasn't hit his growth spurt yet.

Thanks for your understanding.

VOTE!

jasneko

striker138 wrote:*snip*
Thanks a ton for taking the time to help a nub to the derby!

You're very welcome! Glad what I said made sense. I'm no seasoned wooter, I joined a large handful of derbies ago myself - it takes some getting used to for sure...still learning things all the time, and I definitely find it very helpful when people give constructive feedback or suggestions

fnarfnar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fnarfnar
Re: ...That's Cheating (re-sub)

What's the little pile? Is that suppose to be pooh? It'd be way better without it.

jasneko

3 Yoshis at once?

monkee014

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkee014

this is beautiful

fnarfnar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fnarfnar
Re: duck, duck…plesiosaur

unfortunately, the title is the best part of this entry

elwayman02

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elwayman02
Re: The Trophy

Wow, amazing details, GMV! How much of this did you draw by hand?

Jfreak623

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jfreak623
jasneko wrote:3 Yoshis at once?

Many of yoshi's kind...but only one would change the world...haha :-D

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: An Icon Awaits... (resub)

Well, I guess _someone_ had to do it . . .

jasneko

grypes wrote:man i just don't seem to be able to break out of the 50 block. :-(

Aw I hear ya on that - felt like that many times!
I don't know if you want anymore suggestions/feedback, but I think one improvement to this design would be to eliminate or change the front t-rex dino. Everything else in the design is beautiful in an ethereal way, and the front one uses different colors looks dark and different with no apparent reason. To me, it looks out of place/unmatching with the rest of the design, which is really lovely, and similarly colored and shaded/drawn (the t-rex seems different on both counts). The stars especially are gorgeouso.

sfabro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sfabro
Re: Run for your life

epic

great job!

great job!

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: ...That's Cheating (re-sub)

i think its the dust being kicked up due to sheer speed...

or its poo

gymst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gymst
emoj0388 wrote:Stones! They are supposed to be stones. He's far too young to be rearing children.

Wow, definitely thought they were eggs, which made this weird for me. But glad that's straightened out.

gsworks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsworks
Re: Brontosnorus Saves the World

This is excellent! It has a cool "Gertie" meets "The Far Side" feel to it. Very nice!

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
Re: diNOIR

Very striking. GMV!

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Incredible as always sir. Your work is always so elegant. Got my vote.

alfbo

Re: Little feller's gone astray

The stuffed steggo is what sells this design for me.

GMV!

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
Re: Nobody Likes a Jerkasaurus (RESUB)

Thanks for checking out my design! Oh yeah, by the way, those are cans tied to the green guy's tail--in case you were wondering. If you like it, give me a vote.

Click here to see an even BIGGER version.

Here's some more detail:

Tanapangarap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tanapangarap
Teknikas wrote:Keep your negative attitude to yourself

Yeah, you tell him; your negative attitude is way better, especially since it is more vile and personal, and less constructive.

Get with The Program.

alfbo

pinnballwizzardd wrote:can someone explain the pucker joke?

The artist is Gene Simmons.

teejaytiger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teejaytiger
Re: Buddy Rex

sooo... first derby. fifth submission.

er... i feel like i overdid it (with the submitting), but this is really the only good submission i made, so it's therefore the only one that counts.

kind of cliche, but hey, who doesn't like a buddy?

teejaytiger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teejaytiger
Re: Buddy Rex

i really wish i could put text to this.

emoj0388

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emoj0388
gymst wrote:Wow, definitely thought they were eggs, which made this weird for me. But glad that's straightened out.

I suppose it doesn't matter really...it's just to ground the dinosaur. Dually noted though, my rocks look like eggs. Best to make my rocks more rock like in the future.

Thanks!

Xanzibar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Xanzibar
Re: Asteroids Killed the Dinosaurs

I remember playing this game. My highest score was 50000 ish. or was that space invaders??

Either way, this shirt scores a +1.

(see what i did there?)

What is this?
http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=1590902

Xanzibar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Xanzibar
Re: Love Hurts

Awesome work!!! Definitely GMV!! It oughta be printed somewhere .

What is this?
http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=1590902

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Legosaurus Plain

This one's much better. I really really like it. Your description on the other one was hilarious.

BootsBoots

Re: DinoBlocks

This is very cool. Nice colors, too.

BootsBoots

Re: Paleontologist's secret

I love the illustration. I couldn't tell that it was a nut cracker, but it doesn't really matter to me. Nice.