iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
JadenKale wrote:I had thought it may be Zozzles, but I didn't want to say outright. That's more of why I asked the shirt question. The opinion the user holds is that of someone who has an older account and has voiced his opinion multiple times on said old account. A newer, practically unknown account would garner more attention though, should they start voicing their opinion on the state of s.w. and the designs they print. I immediately dismissed that possibility it was just some newbie shooting off their mouth. It's also why I didn't bother contesting anything being said (not that I'd necessarily would anyway...).

Oh, you were being diplomatic and subtle. Those are very foreign concepts to me.

Carpe shirtem!

JurrasicFunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JurrasicFunk

I wanted a dino shirt. Shame this one is queer.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
JadenKale wrote:I had thought it may be Zozzles, but I didn't want to say outright. That's more of why I asked the shirt question. The opinion the user holds is that of someone who has an older account and has voiced his opinion multiple times on said old account. A newer, practically unknown account would garner more attention though, should they start voicing their opinion on the state of s.w. and the designs they print. I immediately dismissed that possibility it was just some newbie shooting off their mouth. It's also why I didn't bother contesting anything being said (not that I'd necessarily would anyway...).

i was thinking it might have been TurboGraphics16 just for the number of post on one page.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
JurrasicFunk wrote:I wanted a dino shirt. Shame this one is queer.

funny, mixing soul,r&b,jazz and dinosaurs? is cool?

P.s. does anyone know why the ad for DSOTM is being put here on woot. IT is the best album but just wondering why it needs to be in an ad.?

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

Wow, that's some.. um... interesting reading.

And I was just going to add that I'm incredibly torn about this shirt... I LOVE it, but it also makes me sad to think about what happened just a few seconds later. Yes, I'm aware it's just cartoons on a shirt, but one thing I absolutely can't stand in life is when an animal is frightened. I see that same look here in their eyes. And that makes me sad.

But damn, I love this shirt.

Argh.

Edit: I STILL can't decide! I keep looking at it, and I've got the buy screen open, but I just can't click that stupidly large button. The expression on the little guy with the umbrella... He's so scared, and it just gets to me. It's silly, but it does. I've never wrestled this much with whether to buy a shirt. Jeez.

Jinoda

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Jinoda
JadenKale wrote:I just want to know what three to ten items 'Sheldon' has purchased in his (fairly sure ztfreep is a male) 6 days at woot. And if they are all shirts, which three were they?

I think his name might actually be John, not that that matters.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
iris420 wrote:Oh, you were being diplomatic and subtle. Those are very foreign concepts to me.

It works from time to time... usually I'm met with abject resistance. That's about when I start getting less subtle ;)

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
ChefRAZ wrote:i was thinking it might have been TurboGraphics16 just for the number of post on one page.

I was thinking TurboGraphix until I read the balloon story. Plus, Turbo is just plain mean without being longwinded. Rarely are his posts more than a few super-dicky lines. He points out how rich and smart he is and how dumb and fat everyone else is, then moves on. Zozzles fancies himself a storyteller!

Man, I'm laem. (and an expert derailer of threads)

Carpe shirtem!

dankstick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dankstick
Teknikas wrote:I hope the pill shirt prints tomorrow because of all the wankers in that shirts commentary thread running their mouths er um their keyboards and also because I like it

=[ I'm pretty certain it won't be printing tomorrow. The thread for it was ridiculous. I had PM's of people complimenting the design rather than posting it in the thread. Thanks for your support Teknikas =].

toshi555

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toshi555

weargood.com is an online shoes store,provide 2000+ kind shoes in low price,free
shipping
where to buy discount famous brand sheos? http://weargood.com is an online shoes store,provide 2000+ kind shoes in low price,free shipping,such as:
Adidas NBA
Puma sneaker
Air Jordan
nike shox
Air Max
Obama shoes UGG Boots

ztfreep

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ztfreep

Let's see - how is the studio audience doing who apparently have nothing better to spend their time on Friday night / Saturday morning other than bashing a fellow user. No doubt they call that "having a life" or something...

Question about how wonderful this item (the "Unprepared" dinosaurs hunk of yutz one in case you've forgotten) is - it certainly hasn't sold out in over, oh, say 3/4's of this auction's period so it isn't exactly hot tacos, is it?

Question about my so-called "true" identity - that took well over 2 hours. Obviously (?) a stroke of masterly genius. Also, I didn't do it to get attention, it was just to clear out that damned "what you've bought from Shirt.Woot" list on my account page. At least I've got it down to a far more reasonable 4 items now and I think even THAT has occurred in maybe a week or at most two.

Question about removing cranium from rectal area - at least I've got a head to insert into my butt (insert Beavis and Butt-head voices here to point out that this comment is as inane as the ones I'm about to razz: "Heh, heh, heh"), unlike the people who write such "witty" and "original" bits like that.

Question about jadenkale being diplomatic - I find it amazing that I've read quite a few of this user's 9,345 comments (talk about someone needing to get over their own sense of self-importance!) and it seems that diplomacy isn't his/her/it's strong point.

Question about "subway" vs. "subways" and so forth - this place is SO dull that somehow we've killed off the Taco Hell, one of the Pizza Sluts, and a McDonald's. The thought of a McDonald's failing ANYWHERE except New Orleans in the middle of the Katrina hurricane (and all of these failures mentioned occurred a couple-five years ago) is about as believable as the idea, say, one year ago that Starbucks would be closing shops left and right all over the country and firing people in droves. And who knows, perhaps "Subways" doesn't belong to the chain that produces those pathetic so-called sandwiches and changed the spelling of their name to cash in on trademark confusion but at the same time removing themselves from that very chain...

Interestingly, during the huge Wen Ho Lee spy brouhaha (y'know where they kept this guy in jail for years and when the judge finally gave him a slap on the wrist and let him go she also APOLOGIZED for the behavior of the F.B.I., NSA, etc!), there was a joke that we had more Chinese restaurants here than any other sort. Not that we have nearly ANY restaurants at all these days, but I think the ratio is 3:1 or worse now. All probably sending "national security secrets" messages back home wrapped up as fortune cookies.

PsychicsAndSwords

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PsychicsAndSwords

Dinosaurs = awesome. Dinosaurs comically trying to warn each other of horrible impending extinction = awesomer. Go figure.

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
iris420 wrote:I was thinking TurboGraphix until I read the balloon story. Plus, Turbo is just plain mean without being longwinded. Rarely are his posts more than a few super-dicky lines. He points out how rich and smart he is and how dumb and fat everyone else is, then moves on. Zozzles fancies himself a storyteller!

Man, I'm laem. (and an expert derailer of threads)

I agree. This guy has that "I am better than you" TurboGraphx16-ishness to his posts, but you're right that Turbo rarely has any long posts, so I really don't think it's him. This guy has that middle-aged free-spirited man Zozzles-ishness about him, but it seems Zozzles usually has benign rambling musings commentary, not the antagonistic tone that some of these posts have. So I just don't know...

Anyway, this shirt is pretty sweet. Someone mentioned it in the derby thread, but the lighting is really nice on it.

godmadesky

quality posts: 10 Private Messages godmadesky

I bet 6 billion years later, some dude comes along and names that very island Jurassic Park.

...so that's where the theme park came from...

What are we holding on to, Sam?
That's there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
ztfreep wrote:Question about jadenkale being diplomatic - I find it amazing that I've read quite a few of this user's 9,345 comments (talk about someone needing to get over their own sense of self-importance!) and it seems that diplomacy isn't his/her/it's strong point.

Hmmm... Considering that probably 95% of posts revolve around design ideas, genuine critiques and suggestions, thank yous for voting on my entries, and just your regular blah blah blah about random topics (such as food and leakfrogs), I quite enjoy the fact that you focus on that 5% of my less appreciated posts. No one is perfect or a fricken ray of sunshine all the time, so I wouldn't be shining your halo so soon, if I were you.

You seem to be the only one hellbent on pointing out my post amount, as if it means anything. When the average is approximately 16 posts a day (if that), that seems a lot less extreme. I mean heck, how many times have you posted just within this thread? You can also believe all you want that I'm conceited. I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince someone who obviously has such drive to read all 9,346 of my comments (or as close as he possibly could), what kind of a person I am. ::snaps fingers:: damn... and I was so sure that no one caught that post during the last woot-off about my hidden passion for pink solar chargers.

sailormoontsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailormoontsu

Congrats CD on your first print! I think the shirt is cute and doesn't need further explanation.

Blog Vote! Visit my Spreadshirt Shop.

mirlyn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mirlyn
tamtamayo wrote:This really needs to be a maternity shirt, too.

I think all shirts should come in maternity! I have to wait til this belly is gone before I can wear any of the shirts :P.

Choberiba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Choberiba

Just wanted to say how much I loved the design and that I'm in for two.

Not sure which side this post adds to the signal/noise ratio here. :-)

ztfreep

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ztfreep
JadenKale wrote:Hmmm... Considering that probably 95% of posts revolve around design ideas, genuine critiques and suggestions, thank yous for voting on my entries

All fairly reasonable things to mention.

JadenKale wrote:and just your regular blah blah blah about random topics (such as food and leakfrogs)
/quote]Why, heavens! those have SUCH an importance that they have to be read in the shirt.woot! page. Hmmm - does this mean that you can buy leakfrogs on shirt.woot!? I never knew that. Thanks for the tip!
[quote postid="3137155" user="JadenKale"]
I quite enjoy the fact that you focus on that 5% of my less appreciated posts.

Huh? Where did I focus on that? I mean, I'm glad you enjoy my focus on something (maybe), but I'm utterly clueless about what you are bringing up here.

JadenKale wrote:
No one is perfect or a fricken ray of sunshine all the time, so I wouldn't be shining your halo so soon, if I were you.

I don't happen to recall on my making my self-appreciation quite so obvious. In fact, I don't remember writing pretty much anything positive about myself other than to give an example of graphics I've done immediately after someone has (yet again) blasted me for no doubt being jealous of not being able to get a t-shirt on auction. Of course, the problem here is that I'm not the least bit interested in that. So: the point here is that (a) I don't care about getting a shirt "published" and hadn't even thought about the topic until you brought it up and (b) one needn't be successful at getting a shirt "published" to be successful at being able to produce some an item of at least moderately decent graphic art.

This forum isn't the ultimate arbiter of the world of graphic art, I reckon.

JadenKale wrote:You seem to be the only one hellbent on pointing out my post amount

Yep. I am. In fact, I'd like to know what the average number of posts is for anyone in the community other than yourself. Basically, you appear to be a statistical outlier - I just don't think that your count is anywhere CLOSE to being average. Or "average" if you prefer.

JadenKale wrote:When the average is approximately 16 posts a day (if that), that seems a lot less extreme.

What an interesting way of defending yourself. Of course, since you were the ONLY person at whom I directed an ad hominem attack, I'm not the least surprised that you'd give any argument you could (like "well, I'm not posting an EXTREME number of articles a day")

You ARE posting an extreme number of articles a day, OK? Not necessarily a good thing or a bad thing, just something that seems to indicate that you feel a need to do so.

Actually, you would have been far better off if you had either ignored my comment OR, failing that show that I was making the error of an ad-hominem attack.

You'd needed only point out that my note was obviously irrelevant and only a jerk would have written it.

So why are you so busy defending yourself if you truly do not believe that you need to do so? Honestly, why even waste your time?

(entering total rocket scientist mode) Oh! I see! it is in order to further inflate your post count!(leaving total rocket scientist mode)

Yeah, I'd probably leave a smiley here if I happened to like them, but I'm absolutely certain that you'd think it to be facetious.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb

I was away this weekend, but wanted to pop in and say congrats on finally printing :D Glad your magic 8-ball didn't lie to you, especially since it was me- haha

Hope this is one of many