+ Add a Comment

koronae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koronae
ramyb wrote:I love how my choice of style is considered "antics." Next time I'll try not to step out of line, and I'll do exactly what you want to see to avoid being scolded.

I think antics is a pretty good word to describe your continual submitting of rehashed designs. Trust me, changing things up for a couple of weeks and then going right back to your sure to win googly eyed animal stuff pretty much reeks of "antics".

Edit: Gimmick might be a more appropriate word, but my point stands.

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: the steam punk (re-sub)

I like this one as well! The girl was nice but this has an entire different feel.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
jamescho84 wrote:Original sketching:

Must.win. To the fog with you! My favorite so far.

koronae

Re: The Aviator

I want this to win solely to spite every single person who uses cute animals and flying penguins in their work. I've missed your shirts Cho. :<

databit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit

#1 - the steam punk with girl
#2 - This one
#3 - the steam punk without girl

They are all pretty nice, but my opinion is still that the one with the girl rocks...

studio1172

Re: Steampunk Willie

Clever! I like it!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Great design, very impressive! I think I use the tee templates.... you made?

Vote!

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
databit wrote:#1 - the steam punk with girl
#2 - This one
#3 - the steam punk without girl

They are all pretty nice, but my opinion is still that the one with the girl rocks...

hey thanks, i like it a lot too, the truth is i built the robot around the girl only to find out its the girl that didn't really quite fit. thanks for the support!!

yakub89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakub89

I love the style. Very nice. Deserves the fog.

Wonderbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wonderbunny

This is awesome and I hope to see this rise quickly into the fog!

heartluce

Very clever TG! GmV!

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
Re: Mermaid Touch

Nice! steampunk is hard. this is by far the most challenging derby i have attempted.

iamdeba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamdeba
Re: Of the Moment

I like this a lot, but the shirt color almost looks pink to me...maybe my monitor is messed up though. Anyways, really good job!

heartluce

Re: SteamBiker

Very nice detailing DF!

ankmet20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ankmet20
Re: Rustic

First time submitting one

klawrence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages klawrence
Re: Steamworks Operatica

freakin gorgeous.
I want one.

roricha084

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roricha084

This is awesome!! I dont think any other design says "steampunk" quite like this dude in a garbage can... THIS CANNOT BE REJECTED.. I mean, it blows my mind how steamy this is... ok, maybe not...

yakub89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakub89

Me likey. Reminds me of the mechanical shark on James and the Giant peach. Keep up the good work man.

studio1172

kaseyfleming wrote:Nice! steampunk is hard. this is by far the most challenging derby i have attempted.

Agreed. Gears will haunt my dreams tonight!

CarpoMarx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CarpoMarx

elwayman02

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elwayman02
Re: Mermaid Touch

This is great, especially the gear "bubbles"

wmorrill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wmorrill
elwayman02 wrote:Too pixelated.

Thats why i posted a detail image

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
koronae wrote:I think antics is a pretty good word to describe your continual submitting of rehashed designs. Trust me, changing things up for a couple of weeks and then going right back to your sure to win googly eyed animal stuff pretty much reeks of "antics".

Edit: Gimmick might be a more appropriate word, but my point stands.

Continual submitting, as in I did two designs that you consider similar 3 months apart? I feel that if I do a design that's a "googly eyed animal" once every 5 or 6 weeks, it's more of an exception than a rule. It amazes me that every week that I don't do a cute animal, people say that it's great to see something different from me, when I rarely submit cute animals anymore. On top of that, this design is not a "googly eyed animal" at all. In fact, you can hardly see the animal's eye in the design because it's so small.

Anyway, I'm done defending this design. I put a lot of time into it, I'm happy with it, and it's different from the rest of the entries in the derby. I think I accomplished my mission.

mllemeranii

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mllemeranii
Re: Let's Play

Well at least we know that you and Seki are perfect for each other. Unoriginal, and inspired by children's movies.

nrarmen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nrarmen
mitchellp wrote:So is this another one of your trees? It looks just like your bouquet of circles in the previous derby--just with some gears added this time. Where's the steam?

Wow do you have a grudge or what?

Anywho...

I'm not feeling the steam punk on this design but I sort of like it in general. I think there could be more added to it.

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator

0MG sweet!!!

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator

I HAVE to have this one!!! :o

elwayman02

Awesome!

elwayman02

This is the first jamescho design I think I've had the pleasure to see in a derby since I started getting involved in derbies. Well done!

elwayman02

yea, I think the steam helps this design a lot.

elwayman02

Re: Rustic

This is really well-drawn, but I think it needs to be polished on the computer a bit more. Also, I don't think that's the right shirt color for this.

theshizzler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theshizzler

Isn't anyone else tired of these designs yet? You know, the ones where something cute is juxtaposed with something else in an 'ironic' way?

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Cloud Corsairs

Sweet! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

elwayman02

When I thought of steampunk, a lot of obvious ideas came to mind, but I wanted to do something a little more off-the-wall, something just randomly awesome and mechanical. So here we are with steampunk pirates, the corsairs of the sky. And yes, the pirate flag is wearing goggles. ;)

sailormoontsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailormoontsu

Well that took forever and a day, but we're finally up. This was a huge challenge for me to take on. I will post detail pictures later. I need a break. *whew*!

Blog Vote! Visit my Spreadshirt Shop.

studio1172

elwayman02 wrote:This is great, especially the gear "bubbles"

Thanks!

nrarmen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nrarmen
Re: Let's Play

Man you guys never cut Ramyb any slack...

I think adding the dog is a nifty idea for the contrast. I'm glad it has purpose and I enjoy subtlety. Overall I don't feel love for the design though. It's hard to explain but I don't like the robot and the size of the print.

Not that my opinion totally matters anyway but at least I critiqued the design instead of QQing about the designer. Even if you hate his stuff you can't deny Ramyb has artistic talent.

koronae

theshizzler wrote:Isn't anyone else tired of these designs yet? You know, the ones where something cute is juxtaposed with something else in an 'ironic' way?

No way. I can't imagine anyone being tired of such a thing. Also, one more point I'd like to make. This is much more retro-futurism in style than it is steampunk. Then again, 90% of the entries involving robots are as well.

(Also, I've never denied Ramyb doesn't have talent. I just believe that he often fails to utilize it. Go look at the art he did before he got into the anime cutsie BS.)

faultylogic83

quality posts: 2 Private Messages faultylogic83

you have the support of me and my playstation,