isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola
Re: Steamworks Operatica

I knew you'd come up with an awesome design for this derby drakxxx. This derby is totally made for your artistic style.

Good job.

Teknikas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Teknikas
Re: Synthetic Beauty

Very cool GMV

me2you

quality posts: 1 Private Messages me2you

This is awesome!!!

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
SailorButterfly wrote:I love it! :D

Thanks! Have a great weekend!

yakub89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakub89

I liked it then and I like it now.

slicerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages slicerd
Re: Blueprints for a Legend...

Very cool! Steam punk mega man. If this wins I will get to one for me one for my little bro.

grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
chade2001 wrote:whoa! i was expecting the yellow/gold color from the early draft.

lol. i always start with very basic colors and then complicate them to better compliment the shirt's color. but thanks for noticing.

Manvyi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Manvyi
Re: Steamborg

Somewhat annoying rejection. Is the template http://shirt.woot.com/forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1517039 not to be used, then?

grypes

Re: Personal Steamputer

I'm really starting to feel like I'm just not cut out for shirt design.

grypes

Manvyi wrote:Somewhat annoying rejection. Is the template http://shirt.woot.com/forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1517039 not to be used, then?

the color of your shirt should be the same as mine. your's is a richer color for some reason though.

carlover323

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carlover323
mllemeranii wrote:Well at least we know that you and Seki are perfect for each other. Unoriginal, and inspired by children's movies.

YOU ARE A HATER!!! GROW UP! no need to chastise, you don't like it, dont vote and move on with your life.

ramy, GMV!! AND I LOVE MY GRIM OPTIMISM SHIRT.

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
Re: MI 1600

time to sleep, thanks for the support so far...hope more people enjoy it

theshizzler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theshizzler

I commented on your other entry already. I felt that it appealed to the lowest common denominator and went for cheap votes. This entry, however, is much more interesting. It shows the same artistic skill, but fits the overall theme better.

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
Re: Steam Powered Glove

Oh no!!! This stupid steam powered glove is on the fritz again and my mechanical man is out of control!!!

Man, I love steampunk, but inspiration was slow in coming... Hope you like it. As always, feel free to leave your comments/criticism!

Tanapangarap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tanapangarap

I have nothing to say about ramyb's latest designs, but it is getting amusing seeing the poor responses being made by his supporters against the critics. Case in point:

Selene1212 wrote:Obviously if she's frequently winning it means there is something to the design

Yes, it means a lot of people like it. However, it seems that you may be implying more: that, somehow, popularity correlates with quality, which is simply not the case. Popularity may often coincide with quality, but it is not necessarily a reliable indicator of it (e.g., most people in the less enlightened age when medical practice was in its infancy used to believe in a variety of medical practices that were not actually useful). I am not going to argue what constitutes quality designs because that is not my point: I am only arguing that popularity does not necessarily mean that something is of greater quality than something that is less popular.

Note: As I said "it seems that you may be implying more", please note that I understand you may not have been implying that popularity necessarily means quality.

Selene1212 wrote:whether you're jealous of her or not.

Either/or fallacy.

This is interesting, because I see it a lot: people like you like to think that if somebody is criticizing a design, it must be because he is jealous. Why is it that you cannot believe that someone has an honest motive for criticizing a design? Maybe he genuinely simply believes that the design is bad (whatever that means).

Selene1212 wrote:Sorry if your designs (people complaining, not Ramyb!) aren't good enough to win.

A critic does not have to be a designer who wins a lot to make a valid point in his criticism. However, I do not think you really believe it anyway; you just wanted to make a jab at the critics. Too bad it was such a poorly executed jab.

Get with The Program.

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

i just threw up a little in my mouth when i saw this in the fog. come on people, don't tell me you're all morons who just like cute doggies and poorly drawn robots?

monstereatbaby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monstereatbaby

This is absolutely perfect! (Well, I could get nitpicky and say add back the key and THEN it'd be perfect, but you've done enough work already, I'm not gonna demand more resubs just for a personal tweak). In any case, I'd buy this shirt 100 times over, great job! Now please make it to the fog, please make it to the fog...

dlcramer99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlcramer99
Re: Steam Shuttle

If they designed the space shuttle in the victorian days, this is what I think it would have looked like.

Stuntdummy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stuntdummy
Re: Let's Play

I see a dog and a giant robot.

I'm not sure making steam come out of a robot properly catches the "steam punk" idea. I find this, as I find many of Ramyb's works, sub-par on the originality and accuracy-to-the-theme scales. And yet, it's always fogged.
But I don't blame Ramyb, because lots of contenders submit sub-par work; I blame the voters who continually eat this stuff up.

Tell me people, HOW DO YOU DO IT? What compels you? If I submitted a masterpiece and Ramyb submitted a shirt with a pile of excrement on it, by your voting record I would still lose! I'm flabbergasted...

Zenne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zenne

elwayman02

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elwayman02

I feel that this is much better than your other entry. GMV!

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
Re: The Girl in Red

This took so long... I ended up changing it around a bit from what I originally intended. Thanks to Ramy for help with the halftones.

Manvyi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Manvyi
Re: Steamborg (resub)

Resubbed on different shirt template.

Crikey, one's topper makes a corking housing for steam-power pipes for even the most whiskery cyborg. Toot, toot!

An attempt at something in the style of a Victorian engraved illustration, but in 5 steamy colours: sooty black, steely grey, brass, copper and silver.

Jeeves, more coal!

Stuntdummy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stuntdummy
byrbwr wrote:i just threw up a little in my mouth when i saw this in the fog. come on people, don't tell me you're all morons who just like cute doggies and poorly drawn robots?

But idz'a puppy wuppy! And uh wobot! Wobot+puppy wuppy=foggy woggy.

Rabyb's voting base may be a mile long, but it's only an inch deep.

slomer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slomer

awesome

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
re: the aviator

Welcome back James. I hope this wins just to spite everybody and everything Woot LOL. Of course, it is done with your exceptional skill that we have all missed seeing in the Derby.

SickGirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SickGirl

It's so lovely!!

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001

this is bad@$$!!! though, at first glance, i thought it was from drakxxxxxxx.

gone!

nbrosas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbrosas
Re: The Aviator

At first I was like "oh great flying penguins" then I saw who it was and gave it a vote.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
chade2001 wrote:i'm guessing this will be your first of twelve billion entries this week! i wish i had your energy. hahaha. cool cat, i like the way you drew the steam. took me forever to draw mine, ended up with a silly halftone!

Actually... I've run a little low on steam this derby(haha). This may be the only one... maybe one or 2 more if I get time, but it definitely won't be like previous derbies - don't have the ideas this derby, or the time.
Thanks for the comment, glad you like the cat and steam!

Vote!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

I agree with the other comments - I like this one much better than your dog/robot entry.

Is this on black, or navy?

good show this week, ramy

koronae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koronae

I've got such mixed feelings on this piece. I think the girl looks great, personally. I like that this is a red riding hood homage. I also like the armor on the wolf. But the steampipes on it's back just look kind of silly to me. This doesn't exactly scream steampunk to me personally, but it is a good try.

Jestik

Your best work, I believe. I may like this one better than Lust Red.

Jestik

theinfinityloop wrote:@Jestik - That's a nice compliment! I've been perusing her work lately, so maybe she's rubbing off on me.

ya, definitely meant as a compliment. I can't wait to get that Tentacle Tiger! Should be coming in the mail today I think. Missmonster is da bomb!

(and this is a great design, loop!)

bmckay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmckay
mitchellp wrote:

Did you check to see who designed that rejected shirt Mitchell?

Jestik

I mean, I know the design is here, and I've already voted on it, but I just keep coming back and looking at it.

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
grypes wrote:I'm really starting to feel like I'm just not cut out for shirt design.

hah! don't give up dude! i mean you draw pretty well, and your stuff has been consistently good. maybe it's just a matter of time before that lucky hand points at you. i wish i can give you an advice, but i'm not much of an artist. hopefully some of the highly regarded artist here, like boots or drakxxxx or somebody, drops by and impart some artistically sagacious advice on what to do. if not, curse them all! curse them all to the fiery pits of some fiery ocean!!!

gone!

Jestik

sefjwm wrote:Deeper, bluer, my head is like a shark fin.

whoa!

is that you, LL ?

Jestik

I'm looking forward to adding another shirt to my ever-growing Drakxxx collection!!!

I'd call first sucker for this one, but I don't condone such braggadocio. I'll definitely be buying this one, though!

koronae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koronae
Re: steamless by the stroke of midnight

This is actually very cool. Would've loved seeing clockwork animals or robots working on it. But the premise is great.