narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
Re: The Aviator

Adder, where the hell's your post?

narkus

Copo wrote:Or kill the dog. Have him poking a dog's corpse.

ewwwwwwwwwww...no dog killing

buriedwreckage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buriedwreckage
Re: ESCAPE

I'm somewhat of a pig fan so you got my attention. I really like this design and hope to see you at the top.

narkus

Re: Let's Play

i'm not a ramy or seki fan and agree with the criticism, but i like this one for some reason anyway

narkus

Re: Steamworks Operatica

you sure are one hell of an artist!

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
Re: MI 1600

thanks a bunch e'r body

narkus

Re: Combustible Prey

nice job! love the mane!

mrex99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrex99

Piggies! Nice to see that they're not all burning themselves alive this time around...

narkus

a very cool and original idea

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

This is really cute chade! The pink guy is my favorite.

Vote!

narkus

Re: the steam punk (re-sub)

i like it; it has an eerie 3-d feel to it

narkus

yakub89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakub89

can youuuu? really?

lokipuppy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lokipuppy
yakub89 wrote:can youuuu? really?

That's what the manual says

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: Rock 'N Roll Steam Punkz

Ha ha! This made me smile. : D

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: Out Of Steam

Really nice! I like the lines, they're kind of creepy, which I love.

acornty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acornty
re: damsel in distress

o the irony

drainhts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drainhts
braveBebe wrote:
Jk, but guess you're right, RamyB's other entry looks better. And Seki's shirt looks awesome. And you know why they stand out? Because they aren't true steampunk style. Thats a good thing trust me.

Okay, I have no interest in railing against anyone on this site, but explain to me how

1.) NOT adhering to the style of the derby is supposed to be a positive, and

2.) how NOT adhering to steampunk style is a GOOD thing in a derby specifically designed around that very theme, especially when there are actually people who *GASP* LIKE steampunk style.

rekenner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rekenner

Wow.
I *love* this shirt.
I mean, like, f5ing rapidly at midnight CST to get first sucker on this shirt because I don't want to risk it selling out love.
Got my vote, have my definite in for one.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Thank you to everyone for the kind words!

Unfortunately, I'm having a bit of a computer problem at the moment, so I'm posting from a friend's computer to let everyone know that I may not have any more submissions this week. I'm disappointed about this, obviously, but I thank everyone for their support, and I hope I can get this fixed soon.

xaon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xaon
lauraunc wrote:Yeah! Bigger, so it's not just on the left boob, and keep the bright pink on asphalt- that's one of the coolest color combo's i've seen recently.

Thanks for the feedback, i'll keep all that in mind

So it's going to be... center placement, similar colors
But i'm also thinking of changing the shirt color to black and i'm adding on a lot more to the design

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: McSteamy Banana

Looks pretty cool... but is this really 6 colors?

Vote!

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
SailorButterfly wrote:Don't worry, ramy did it for him.

Twice now, and his girlfriend is moving up the ranks to join them.

Because, you know, he needs the prints.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

goodedesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodedesign
isparabola wrote:I think the reason yellow/gold was chosen was to make it stand out a bit more. A darker color would blend in too much with the rest of the shirt.

t'would be cool if it were printed with a SMALL selected areas in gold/bronze foil... i.e. the flat ink could be the "grunge" areas while the "worn" areas would have some foil to make them look as if they've been polished by excessive handling.

me likey! gmv

[url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=8016]

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
re: steamless by the stroke of midnight

Wow...neat, original idea & beautifully executed!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

MissRebeccaF

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MissRebeccaF

I love this! The penguin's attitude with his wings on his hips makes it. Excellent job!

goodedesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodedesign
Re: Gamepunk

why can it not be "pulled off?" is it the black lines? too thin?

dude, rework/resub it... it's awesome... and add one item... a second cartridge off to the side.

[url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=8016]

SailorButterfly

Re: McSteamy Banana

It's peanut butter jelly time! XD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SailorButterfly

Re: Gamepunk

awww...rejection makes me sad ;_;

Stormink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stormink
bandit8463 wrote:
Also, I don't think the dog should be changed to a robot or anything else, that would change the whole idea, and would then not be clever.

Clever. LOL.

MaryESP

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MaryESP
grypes wrote:Yeah I'm pretty bad at choosing thumbs. Just another in the long list of reasons why I'm not advancing well in these competitions. :-D

A bit of constructive criticism:

I LOVE your style SO much (the sketchiness, the interesting color palettes)

You always tell a great story (this girl is cool, I'd love to read about her, lol)

Issues: The design lacks focus for me. (I think last week's entry did too) I feel like you filled it up with stuff that all looks cool, but it's hard to notice HOW cool, because it's in a neat little box.

Wooter (and generally I) don't like boxy designs.

I generally don't leave advice/critiques, but I REALLY love your style, and want to buy one of your shirts someday!

(P.S. I've commented on some of your previous entries, but that was with my old username)

Keep it up! You'll place in no time

MaryESP

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MaryESP
MaryESP wrote:snip!

P.P.S.

I think part of the lack of focus may be because the room has no floor... a light floor in an unusual shape (possibly with shadows) could have helped emphasize certain things.

ankmet20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ankmet20
Re: Rustic

Oh I see, if you include a detail shot with the t-shirt pic its better...hmmm well here is the details folks!!

now go vote :D

ankmet20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ankmet20
ankmet20 wrote:Oh I see, if you include a detail shot with the t-shirt pic its better...hmmm well here is the details folks!!

now go vote :D

grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
MaryESP wrote:P.P.S.

I think part of the lack of focus may be because the room has no floor... a light floor in an unusual shape (possibly with shadows) could have helped emphasize certain things.

I sort of comprehend the lack of focus issue... I don't totally follow the "boxy" mention.

edit: cancel that... I think I get it.

It's an illutrators glitch. I've been doing splash and marketing illustrations for so long that I've trained myself to instinctively use the entire space to control different aspects.

I suppose I have to try to let that go next time.

Equiether

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Equiether
Re: Synthetic Beauty

Beautiful :D first shirt I felt worth voting for!

SaritaBeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SaritaBeth
Re: Let's Play

wow. I have been gone for quite a while, and come back with anticipation and excitement for a steam punk derby...and the fog is this? I wasn't going to say something but after looking over the entries I feel compelled to.

I am sorry Raymb, but this is wrong on several levels.

1) the robot screams iron giant. the face, the expression, the hands, everything but the color.

2) a anime dog? in steam punk design? you said it yourself, you included it as the thumbnail to make people click to see what the heck a cute dog was doing in an steampunk design. that should be the first clue that it doesn't fit the theme.

3) the description and link to the wiki entry is clear on what steampunk is. how is this steampunk and not just anime? I feel like I have seen this cartoon before. steampunk is about invention and innovation and taking 19th century technology and running with it. this accomplishes none of it. and the composition is also very much like your grim optimism shirt.

the textures on the robot are well done. but they also conflict massively with the dog. overall I am just so disappointed that this is what makes it into the fog for a steampunk contest. gah.

and another Edgar gets printed:

Fiction vs. Non-Fiction

http://cameesa.com/buy/design/168/fiction-vs-non-fiction

SaritaBeth

Re: Synthetic Beauty

what color shirt is this on? it looks like it might have difficulty printing clearly depending on the shirt color.

Fiction vs. Non-Fiction

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
Re: steamless by the stroke of midnight

this somehow reminds me of ms. havisham from 'great expectations'

gone!

SaritaBeth

Re: The Girl in Red

I had no idea that was steam coming out of the top of that pokemon until someone said something. it looks like hair.

Fiction vs. Non-Fiction