DreadTaco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DreadTaco
Re: The Girl in Red

I want... no, I NEED this.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Calling John Henry!

How is this not in the top 4 right now? Derby frustration setting in... must get away...

Try it at Threadless please, they tend to actually appreciate good concepts and wonderful art.

theraccoon

quality posts: 5 Private Messages theraccoon
eaglebeagle wrote:asfgghj. i dont have a vote button

You've got to buy at least one shirt before you can vote (sorry if you already know that).

(also, are you the same eagle beagle as the first hit on google for the name?)

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
sefjwm wrote:Have you looked at half the stuff Ramyb and Seki win? Often off topic or barely even trying to stay on topic.

Maybe in your opinion. But normally, for just about everything, there is always way more than just one interpretation of the subject. There is not one clear cut definition of "steampunk". So what you might think is off-topic, might seem on-topic to others and woot.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
Re: Synthetic Beauty

Gorgeous. Would buy it in a heartbeat.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

Click here for a full composition image.

vkrafft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vkrafft
Re: Combustible Prey

Definitely my favorite design so far in this derby. I love the way you managed to take something completely mechanical, and have it act like the animal it's made to represent.

I was really sad to see this one slip out of the fog - if it doesn't make it, I hope you submit it somewhere else (and let us know where)!

kurokami

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kurokami
Re: The Girl in Red

pikachu, I choose you!111111

Burtocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Burtocks
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=30988]

I wanted to give everyone another version of this image. I hope the community likes both versions of my "Steamy-hot Punked-out" Steampunk design.

Burtocks

fifey157

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fifey157
Re: Steamworks Operatica

hm. the only true steampunk entry in this derby and it's no long in the fog. laem.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Of the Moment

Love the orange, it really stands out.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

elleronn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elleronn
Re: The Aviator

Taken from an earlier derby:

"These irritatingly cute, ill-proportioned, impractical birds and their fruitless quest for flight have caused me nothing but headaches. The last two or three times they've been submitted, they've brought with them controversy and ill will.

They're BANNED. No more. Put it in the virtual book of derby rules.

Rule: 62 section b: No flying penguins, be it of their own volition or through the assistance of any kind of mechanical device. Some things just aren't natural.

So there is no inference from this rejection, let it be known that this has nothing to do with the existence of other flying penguin designs or their submission in past derbies. There's no copyright on ideas, just on the execution. In fact, it depresses me that there are apparently so many new and unique ways to execute this painful concept.

This is purely emotional, and an admittedly irrational hatred of the subject matter. I will sleep well tonight knowing the next flying penguin I see will be followed swiftly and unequivocally by a hearty REJECTED stamp. If you test me, I'll enjoy the probation as well."

So....is this going to be rejected or no?

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Cloudmaker

Cool dragon... nice flow.

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
Re: The Mother of all Doggie Beds

Recognized this as yours right away Lucky! I think its great. Not sure its extremely Steampunk, but methinks it still fits the derby theme enough.

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129
tgentry wrote:How is this not in the top 4 right now? Derby frustration setting in... must get away...

Try it at Threadless please, they tend to actually appreciate good concepts and wonderful art.

Thanks, Travis. I really feel like I'm on my game lately, but getting a derby print just feels so frustratingly impossible. but it's still a great way to compel me to crank out some art each week. Still, praise from you and the other designers I admire is a nice consolation. I'll definitely try Threadless later...

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Thanks again guys for the votes and comments!

@chade2001 - Well, that would be cool, right?

@ChrisRisse - Thanks for suggesting them!

@Jestik - I like this one of hers. Echidna- Hunter

@ShirtFight - Thanks!! Designing the mane was my favorite part.

@dpbowl842 - Thank you. I probably should have made the top part of the tail a bit skinnier. That might have helped.

@vkrafft - I appreciate that! It's funny because I actually went about it the opposite way from what you said. I started with something living and organic and made it mechanical. lol

rglee129

Cool! Way to fill the shirt, too.

barnstormeffect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barnstormeffect
Re: Otter of My Eye

i like you design a lot. i just wish others could possibly understand how completely awesome steampunk otters are.... gmv

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead

Awesome! GMV!

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

tginsandiego

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tginsandiego
Re: Soul Mechanism

Simple, clean design. I'd want one!

Lota

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lota
re: the girl in red

This is gorgeous!!

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
SkekTek wrote:I had to make something behind it to make it less like a bird slapped on a shirt. Maybe should have done a technical tree-like background... hmm...

when i saw the picture i immediately thought "i like the background." i think it's a good choice. cool
: ) nicely done

jasneko

Looks cool Rglee.

buriedwreckage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buriedwreckage

This rocks. GMV.

Bombared

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Bombared

I really do like this design, and the one without the girl. However, I think the style of the girl detract. Clean lines, pigtails, etc is all cool. I like that. It's the wardrobe choice.

The sock pattern is strange, I'm not found of the the plain miniskirt, and the colors are just too pastel and pale. Clothing with a bit more to look at like a gypsy type skirt, and some shirt to match the style would be ideal for my tastes. If the colors were changed to something brighter, though, I'd still buy one :D

So there's my 2cents.

Stormink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stormink
Re: The Mother of all Doggie Beds

Nope. Not steampunk at all.

branmak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages branmak
Re: She Broke My Heart...Once...

She ripped my heart out and stomped on it. My broken heart has been fixed but it needs to be protected now.
Please vote for my design! Thanx

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

It saddens me that this is not in the fog. It also angers me when I look at most of what's currently in the fog. It's this kind of occurrence that makes me want to say "f" it and quit submitting, but I won't. Because I wouldn't want you to quit Drakxxx. Let's just give'em hell instead!! :P

rglee129

Very original and very well done. Nice work, great colors. And it's on orange- very daring!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Blueprints for a Legend...

cool illustration and style!

mixer23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixer23

It is entirely ridiculous that this was overtaken be seki's shirt... Though I think you should be back in the fog soon, as ramy's original submission looks to be falling. I'm actually getting angry about it this time... *sighs*

mixer23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixer23
re: the girl in red

Oh yeah, a wolf with armor. This is steampunk at it's best o-m-g o-m-g l o l z dis is teh awesomses. Ugh, has to be one of the worst shirts in this derby

jasneko

I wouldn't wear this, but impressive illustration.

Migoto

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Migoto

I like the idea, but the lines seem a little too rough... And i think it would go better in a brown shirt...

8 shirt.woots (and counting)

lucky1988

Re: Combustible Prey

Majestically awesome!

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

Isn't this on asphalt gray?

wmorrill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wmorrill

Im pretty sure I own several shirts on this color purchased from woot... whats the deal here?

lucky1988

Re: Calling John Henry!

Terrific illustration and use of halftones. Great job!

lucky1988

Gorgeous illo and colors!