greenmolloy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenmolloy
noapparentfunction wrote:

Nice design, but seems more cyberpunk rather than steampunk.

glendower

quality posts: 4 Private Messages glendower
re: steampunk cat

I generally like it-- it's just that the kitty looks fat. =)

glendower

Re: the steam punk

I like this one a lot. Was it inspired by Xenogears? It seems like an intentional allusion to Seibzehn and Maria... I would probably buy two!

glendower

Stormink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stormink
HeartlineTwist wrote:You DO realize that they have to conference to reject something out of the fog, right?

I don't even get why I HAVE to defend this comment but OK here goes:

Drakxxx's shirt WAS in the fog, and it was rejected 50 hours after its submission.

This shirt IS in the fog, and we are approaching 100 hours after its submission with NO rejection.

Yes I DO realize they must conference to reject a fogged entry. BUT, if you'd do a little thinking you'd see there is reason to assume that it should have been rejected by now.

*And YES I can use capitalized words to sound like an ass too.*

glendower

Re: Steamworks Operatica

Definitely change the color and resubmit. I like this.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
SailorButterfly wrote:oh poo @ the rejection

Notice the rejection was for placement... not for lack of theme ;)

glendower

Re: Gamepunk

Okay, if Nintendo would sue because it sort of looks like the general shape of a Gameboy, they would be suing a LOT of people who have made knock off systems or those silly little LCD games that look like Wiimotes. It has a screen, buttons, and a D pad, I don't think that nintendo owns the rights to everything that looks like an image of something with screens and buttons.

As for Tetris, I don't think that there are issues there because the game wasn't copyrighted, as such (IIRC).

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian

good job

Radscoolian

good job

orzine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orzine
HeartlineTwist wrote:Or, you know, it could be that there are actually that many people that like Ramy and Seki and came here once they started showing strong? SHOCKGASP, say it ain't so!

marmls2m wrote:i think they are filling the comments page with their own comments under their fake accounts, just as theyve done on deviantArt and the same way they claimed fake identities to saturate the artist alley with their artwork.

these two are scamming you and cheating the contest

but hey, thats just one guys opinion. it just happens to be backed up by documentation from numerous other people who got cheated

i think the insinuation is that these two have a history of cheating and using fake identities to do it. its a re-occuring behavioral pattern.

HeartlineTwist wrote:
Also, I will once again present this argument: If Ramy and Seki have THAT many votes, they're not just bumping their own shirts. They're bumping other designs. Why wouldn't they? According to you, Ramy and Seki are picking every fog, every time, even if they don't both make it or even if they don't make it at all.

ideally, they dont have to vote for themselves 500+ times. all they have to do is give themselves the initial bump into the hotness bar, and their lowest common denominator designs do the rest of the work

HeartlineTwist wrote: I would have to go physically look, but I am fairly confident that in almost ALL instances, every vote Ramy and Seki receive is matched by at least a single buy, if not more. Hell, maybe they're REALLY smart. Maybe they're buying all of those shirts themselves...yeah, that's it.

i would have to physically look, but i am sure that the majority of shirts sold here sell well and ramyoku's designs average out to be nothing special. that being said, the amount of people who vote on the derbies does not even come close to the pool of woot users eligable to vote.

finally, this community seems to be draped in a blanket of wishful thinking that demands its users be warm and cuddly and only say nice things. it is exactly this atmosphere that has enables malicious opprotunists to take advantage of loopholes and hide themselves in a camouflage of good will.

i have the solution to this loophole, (and i apologise if this has been said before i had joined) if woot adjusts the system so that if you vote, you automatically buy the shirt if it goes to print, people with hundred of fake accounts will not be able to afford to rig the election. in addition, woot will be able to gauge their sales of shirts before they go to print, and they can order and print accordingly, maximizing profit and minimizing waste.

drainhts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drainhts
eHalcyon wrote:Yes, I agree - they should have said so back then. Possible reasons why they didn't include Woot's own capriciousness and the possibility that they just didn't notice before. Your point and my original point are not incompatible.

Agreed.

Radscoolian

Re: Let's Play

Great Job! I love the shirt.
I was curious how you get your half-tones. Do you use a filter on Photoshop like andromeda, or do you do them manually (like a clipping mask)?
And how long have you been at this?
Oh, don't worry about your critics. People always hate success.

orzine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orzine
Radscoolian wrote:Great Job! I love the shirt.
I was curious how you get your half-tones. Do you use a filter on Photoshop like andromeda, or do you do them manually (like a clipping mask)?
And how long have you been at this?
Oh, don't worry about your critics. People always hate success.

why did you post three times consecutively?

mewlink64

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mewlink64
Re: Smoke Plus Gear Equals Steampunk

Adder should resub.

fivestring

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fivestring
re: steam-powered heart

Yes! This is another fine example of what this derby is about. I wish you luck! Tell us where you might print this if you don't race to the top with it....

fivestring

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fivestring
Re: Style Cogs

Brilliant! Too late to overtake armor-dog w/smokestacks I'm sure...but still - a great idea and artistic vision.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Stormink wrote:I don't even get why I HAVE to defend this comment but OK here goes:

Drakxxx's shirt WAS in the fog, and it was rejected 50 hours after its submission.

This shirt IS in the fog, and we are approaching 100 hours after its submission with NO rejection.

Yes I DO realize they must conference to reject a fogged entry. BUT, if you'd do a little thinking you'd see there is reason to assume that it should have been rejected by now.

*And YES I can use capitalized words to sound like an ass too.*

Actually, Drakxxx's shirt was rejected in fifth place, according to SDS. So it may be that they couldn't reject Drakxxx's shirt immediately, but were able to do it earlier than it might have been since it fell out.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

The Tim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages The Tim
Re: Gamepunk

Two words about this rejection: Totally lame.

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2

Re-voted, and you're in new hotness. So fingers crossed that you make it back up there. I think you can. If it's a ramyb/ramyb win, I may just start listening to those wacky conspiracy theories.
Jen

starboardzor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starboardzor
re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry.aspx?id=30888]let

LOVE it! Can't wait to buy it, can't wait to wear it!

undertaker280

quality posts: 0 Private Messages undertaker280
Re: The Girl in Red

If this makes it to print it will be the second shirt I'd buy from woot. Excellent job.

quasiagent1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quasiagent1

Very nice!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
orzine wrote:i would have to physically look, but i am sure that the majority of shirts sold here sell well and ramyoku's designs average out to be nothing special. that being said, the amount of people who vote on the derbies does not even come close to the pool of woot users eligable to vote.

finally, this community seems to be draped in a blanket of wishful thinking that demands its users be warm and cuddly and only say nice things. it is exactly this atmosphere that has enables malicious opprotunists to take advantage of loopholes and hide themselves in a camouflage of good will.

i have the solution to this loophole, (and i apologise if this has been said before i had joined) if woot adjusts the system so that if you vote, you automatically buy the shirt if it goes to print, people with hundred of fake accounts will not be able to afford to rig the election. in addition, woot will be able to gauge their sales of shirts before they go to print, and they can order and print accordingly, maximizing profit and minimizing waste.

The majority of shirts do not sell well. I believe ramy's and seki's shirts sell a little better than average (I'm not entirely sure). Quantity sold says nothing about quality though.

This community is nothing like you described it. The majority of the regulars are well spoken and opinionated. The "wishful thinkers" would be those who just swing by whenever, the ones who don't see all the shenanigans and the drama. As it so happens, some of the regulars think that it is possible to criticize without being unneccessarily rude. Meh.

Your solution has been proposed many, many times, and I'm afraid that it comes with too many problems. For example, consider the following scenarios:

1. You're a bit strapped for cash at the moment but you would buy the design if you had the means. You vote for it in hopes that it will surive the reckoning until you can afford to pick it up.

2. You vote for it thinking that it would make a good gift for someone, who inform you after voting is over that they actually don't like the design.

3. You like the design but you want to wait to see if the print is of good quality.

There are many more scenarios like this.

Finally, it's frankly a bit suspicious that someone who only joined a day or two ago could have formulated such a well-informed opinion so quickly. Maybe you've been a lurker and only signed up for an account recently. If so, good on you. But if you're an active community member who elected to hide behind a fake account, then I urge you to drop the facade and just be straight forward about your opinions. I don't always agree with Adder, but the man is upfront about where he stands. He deserves respect because there's no ambivalence, no deception.

I don't see why you would want to hide your opinions, unless you thought it would be damaging to your reputation. But then whatever humble, good-natured and reserved persona you've crafted on your main account really means nothing at all. And if you're just acting, that's almost as bad as scamming your way to victory through multiple accounts.

Again, if you've just been lurking, I apologize and even commend you for familiarizing yourself with the situation, at least a little bit, before commenting on all the politics.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

kinguin7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kinguin7
Re: The Aviator

for great justice? you know what do! lol. WANT.....

luv2laugh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luv2laugh
spanishmel wrote:The shoes were especially fun to design. Even though those heels would be the death of me!

Link to your blog didn't work when I tried it. I LOVE this one though!!

rhanson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhanson
Re: the steam punk

Lose the girl and I'd want one.

gesangbaer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gesangbaer
elwayman02 wrote:o.O

I second that.

ruinsinred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruinsinred
Re: Pest problem

This one is flipping neat! I want one!!!

Tabernack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tabernack
supersonic213 wrote:Not sure you can blame me for seeing consecutive posts by TabernACK and ACK154 both blasting ramyb and sekiyoku and putting 2 and 2 together. Besides, weren't you supposed to be leaving forever or something?

If I am wrong, I apologize sincerely. However, I won't hold my breath.

Stop trying to think. It isn't working for you. Just because two people out of MANY here that happen to dislike ramy/seki's work doesn't make us all a hive mind. I assure you, we are two completely different people. Also, being catty isn't working for you. I suggest trying sarcasm instead.

nerdgod89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nerdgod89

yall need a life.
i am part of the mindless squads of voters, i buy ramyb shirts and even when i dont i vote for them. and you all cant stop me. your art knowledge, your brilliant insights, your amazing arguments about why a shirt isn't "on topic" has no power to stop me, i vote for shirts i will wear, the derby is nothing more than a way to see multiple views on a theme i might want to wear. also ramy and seki often have the best looking shirts that would be fun to wear.
so essentially everyone...suck it hahaha

~
indianwoot

chibiturtleboi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chibiturtleboi
Re: Wiggidy Wiggidy Indeed

The steampunk theme is pretty clear here, but I think it could use just a little bit more detail.. more shadows and small details.
Looks pretty good though! =D

My body's stupid, stereo putrid
Spilling out music into raw sewage~

Diyako

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Diyako
Re: Of the Moment

this is my first comment ever but this shirt needs to be printed guys. vote!

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
Re: The Mother of all Doggie Beds

hahah, that wolf(?) is living in luxury!

gone!

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
eHalcyon wrote:Actually, Drakxxx's shirt was rejected in fifth place, according to SDS. So it may be that they couldn't reject Drakxxx's shirt immediately, but were able to do it earlier than it might have been since it fell out.

And the alley-oop for the win?

Trust me, Storm, I want this to be rejected just as much as you do, but I also realize that the shirt.woot staff probably isn't around at all times. Should it have been rejected by now? In an ideal world, yes.

chibiturtleboi

Re: SteamBiker

This certainly demands some excitement! Freaking good, mate! Well detailed! xD

chibiturtleboi

Re: Blueprints for a Legend...

Hmm, I agree that it doesn't really have much of a steampunk touch, but it does indeed look awesome! More gears maybe? xD Great work!

chibiturtleboi

Re: the steam punk (re-sub)

Looks really good! ...
Not much else to say xD

jesusbeard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesusbeard
Re: The Aviator

I want the original so baddddddddddddddd

mer

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

wow really nice. For some reason I'm not a fan of the placement, though I often prefer off center placments. I know it's supposed to be where the heart is, but it's already lower anyway (I think). Regardless, awesome job.

Vote!