yakub89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakub89
neuroboy74 wrote:love the design, but, man, if i see one more shirt with the word "legend" and a portrayal of a NES character i'm a-gonna puke.

I whole-heartedly agree with you man. When I began this design it was NOT headed in this direction and the character originally didn't resemble megaman at all. But, he turned out looking like him and so decided to go with that... kind of. I'm still not admitting to it.

casey7725

quality posts: 0 Private Messages casey7725
Re: Idle Hands

I like this one very differnt from the rest. to bad it is a late sub, Mine took me to long so I will have to use it later; good luck and nice job

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
skirochester wrote:I have to agree with boots. well done again!!

thanks, really appreciate it...now if only 500 more people would agree

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
Re: Let's Play

Man Ramyb, I think you must have like 1000 fake accounts, and you post on your own entries acting as fake pissed off people, and buy things of all those accounts multiple times, and must have like 20 of everything laying around your house. I mean doesn't it seem so logical that he must be cheating? I mean right? I mean psh the evidence is right there? Right?

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
Re: Let's Play

You should also come out with a book too. "How to cheat in shirt.woot! derbies for dummies". It would be brilliant. I think you would get a Pulitzer Prize for it.

urguwno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages urguwno

This is most certainly how the swine flu became a global pandemic.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

This is absolutely gorgeous.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
wootasourous wrote:Man Ramyb, I think you must have like 1000 fake accounts, and you post on your own entries acting as fake pissed off people, and buy things of all those accounts multiple times, and must have like 20 of everything laying around your house. I mean doesn't it seem so logical that he must be cheating? I mean right? I mean psh the evidence is right there? Right?

For the life of me, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

urguwno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages urguwno

Robo-Puppy commencing two hour yipping session. Yip yip yip yip yip yip...

*WHACK*

Robo-Puppy mistreatment alert! ROBO-PUPPY MISTREATMENT ALERT!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2

This version is even better, gmv!

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
theinfinityloop wrote:I disagree. I think there should be more of them.

I agree - a derbyful! This one is particularly clever. Such originality is genius.

heartluce

I hope you win one of these days - very cool.

KarenClark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KarenClark
Re: The Aviator

I think it would shush all the "it's not steampunk" nay-sayers if you maybe used brown to color the leather of his goggles and straps.

As it is, however, it has my vote and I guess I'll be up late Friday to make sure I get mine.

picasserole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
davengvar wrote:I really love the colors. I don't know if this is necessarily steampunk though.

There've been quite a few comments like that( 2nd part of your comment ). As far as I can tell, ie- I suspect that were it put to the test, no 2 people would agree precisely( very important that last qualification ), as to what would constitute a decent steampunk design. I did some referencing and feel satisfied with the resulting design. Reckon this issue belongs with religion and politics tho, so I'll be saying no more. Glad you like the colours and thanks for taking the trouble, also good luck with your entry, if you have one..;p

icemonster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icemonster
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2

I think this is the best entry of the derby.

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

Hey you do great illustrations. This one is out there...were you around for the Art Deco derby? You would have done well. I'm sure if you stick around you will win eventually.

lucky1988

Re: Steampunk Willie

Awesome!

lucky1988

Re: Rock 'N Roll Steam Punkz

lovely characters!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

I'd have to argue as to the validity of this being steampunk. However, the 1920's ART DECO vibe would have been awesome a couple weeks ago. Regardless, it's superbly done, Picasserole.

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
cobolisdead wrote:They recently botched her print of gamer mother(which I am wearing today), and that is the third time that I've heard that they have seriously messed up a design. With that in mind, I'd stay away from Cameesa until they work out their kinks between them and their printer.

For the price, she could just as easily put it on Spreadshirt. $18 for T-shirt is a bit much.

its only $10 to support a shirt, and shipping (for me at least) is only about $3. the edgar i got there is by far the most brilliant print ive gotten anywhere, so i wouldnt say they are entirely bad. i would buy there again without hesitation as there is nothing "wrong" with gamer mother really. i would have liked the green to be darker than it came out too, but its not like it was really botched terribly. every single one of these shirt sites has fouled the colors on designs from time to time. hell, woot is so regular at it that we know what kinds of colors not to even bother using anymore together.

picasserole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
Re: The Girl in Red

three words...Sensationa..l;]

Irrelevant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irrelevant
Re: My Dog Breathes Steampunk

in for one. adder, you rule the world

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
sekiyoku wrote: Yelling at woot on my thread is also not going to do anything since I highly doubt they read these posts.

this is incorrect. for the record; they do read, laugh at, and occasionally even respond to posts. do not expect them to comment often. do not expect an answer when one is demanded. joel will answer you just about as often as god does, but he does know what is being said in the forums.

and for those of you wondering how it is that this is fogged but the thread is full of "hate" (though there is really no hate, just the lamenting about off topic designs getting fogged) this dynamic duo of "artists" has hoards of sycophants that will vote for, and even purchase, because they are obligated to out of fawning love. there is unfortunately nothing against woots rules about that so every single week you will be fed the same thing and you will LIKE IT AND BUY IT. the collective says so.
that being said, i still stand by my previous statement that i appretiate seki's effort to change it up just a tad this week and do something slightly different.

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

Very funny! I don't know why I didn't notice this before! +1

ringod30

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ringod30
Re: Soul Mechanism

Nice design, But there is nothing steampunk about it. No vote here.

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
davengvar wrote:The art is beautiful but I do agree that the textured gray color kills it. Think about it - was there even heather gray around in the time whose elements you're trying to emulate?

hahah...if you think about it more, was there even a 100% cotton-made t-shirt back in the 19th century? like spanishmel said, the design is an homage to the steampunk culture itself which wiki tells me "came into prominence in the 1980s and early 1990s." so i bet they had heather grey t-shirts back then.

gone!

mdeancherry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdeancherry
picasserole wrote:Why strain your eyesight?
View Big Fat Image Here! idle hands

Beautiful. Not Victorian at all but still very nice.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Gamepunk

A few points:

* I'm GUESSING that it's the combination of Tetris plus Gameboy shape that is making Woot nervous -- pretty hard to not mistake it for what it is versus the couple buttons and blank screen on the shirt Woot already printed. Pretty mysterious still though.

* Joel is on a multi-week vaca so you won't hear from him. If you wrote to him directly, resend to the shirt account.

* 60 days is regardless of rejection since Woot gives HMs to rejected shirts AND to avoid artists uploading completely off-topic shirts for the free publicity and selling immediately.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

I get the point of this, but it really disappoints me that it's taking up a valuable space in the hotness where serious designs could be getting more exposure.

youfail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages youfail

this is the greatest creation by anyone evar. you should get an award sir.

kittypoocaca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittypoocaca
Re: Steam-powered heart

I have to have this!

heartluce

I do love this as an art deco shirt. It's truly gorgeous. I would have most definitely bought it had it won that derby. Also, I don't know if this is heather or asphalt, but, if it's asphalt, next time submit on the darker one (see Drakxxx's rejected entry) so yours won't get burned. Good luck!

kittypoocaca

Re: Pest problem

this is so cute ^_^

BellaWolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BellaWolf
Re: Steampunk Dragon

I love this one I hope it wins! I can't vote because I just signed up to this site but that picture is amazing and I totally want one if it makes it! Goodluck!

Icemank91

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91

I know I'm relatively new to woot, but has adder ever submitted a serious derby entry?

kittypoocaca

Re: Best Worn With Goggles

wow just wow

Burtocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Burtocks

You composed a beautiful piece of art; and your use of negative space, very nice.

BillyBcool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BillyBcool
Re: Blueprints for a Legend...

Very sweet.

"Thanks for the memories."

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Calling John Henry!

Thanks for all the kind comments, gang. You're words are the chloraspetic for the sore throat that is woot derby neglect. BUT I know when I do good work and that satisfaction is its own reward. Of course, fame-for-a-day and a cool grand would be nice, too...

Regardless, I'm amped pretty hard for this design and will shop it around when it's done here. I'm a little worried that if it gets into a do-over derby it would be the one after the next one (which is presumably next week?)and I'd have to wait forever to try it at threadless, etc. We'll see if I'm so lucky.

Teknikas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Teknikas

Even more epic with the dog and this actually makes me laugh :P Great man, great!