quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

You two are cracking me up! ;)

kittypoocaca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittypoocaca
Re: Mechanical Heart

I love this...love it!

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
IamIreland wrote:It's pretty, but it's been done. http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=WON-PORTHOLE&Category_Code=WON Sorry!

i recommend glasses?

gone!

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
re: the aviator

I just want to add my love for this design. I will be buying it for my boyfriend. He had your Tycoon of Ice shirt and it was involved in a horrible greasetrap accident in the kitchen he works in and was ruined. This shirt may just alleviate his heartbreak over losing the Tycoon.

Carpe shirtem!

katfin25

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katfin25
Beffy wrote:I swear, this is why I don't read comments on Woot. Everyone's a whiney, crying little baby who gets mad if a design they don't like gets into the Fog. Newsflash people, you don't have to buy it, and if you don't like what Woot prints, then leave. No one will miss you. There's no need to whine about every little thing. If you don't like a design, don't vote for it/buy it. Don't tell other people to leave, or that their desgins are guppy. I'd like to see some of you haters draw half as well as Seki. I personally like Seki's artistic style. And Art is subjective, just like these shirt designs. Just because you don't enjoy it, doesn't mean it embrangles or that it's a 'guppy'. That's just idiotic. And if you think you can do better, well then get drawing and get people to vote for you.

you do realize you are whining and complaining too right?

Do you like beer? Then check out
brewlimination.com

Do NOT EVER purchase Bella Terra Cosmetics!

austrich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages austrich
Re: My Dog Breathes Steampunk

stop.
it.
out.

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

So, the printable area is defined by the seams of the shirt? Is that box on the Woot template just for show then? By the looks of things anyone with a rack is going to have a portion of that butterfly all up in their armpit. I'm wearing a Threadless tee that is printed all the way to the seams and trust me that side seam (as well as what's printed near it) is sitting quite comfortably under my arm.

As evidenced by this set of boobies shown here...

But I guess dudes will be cool...

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

I actually much prefer this method of protest over bickering. Plus, it's funny

GMV.

iris420

My heart beats only for AdderXYU.

Carpe shirtem!

Diane16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Diane16

nice dalek

iris420

Tabernack wrote:NEEDS MORE SHINY

Have my children you beautiful bastard.

I've already laid claim to Adder's sperm.

Okay...maybe we can share.

Carpe shirtem!

dpbowl842

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dpbowl842

No monocle or top hat?

IamIreland

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IamIreland

Well, I like it, much more original than all these clockwork hearts we're seeing.

dpbowl842

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dpbowl842
Re: Divine Assembly

Hmmmm. . . Ya lost me.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
iris420 wrote:I've already laid claim to Adder's sperm.

Okay...maybe we can share.

NASTY!!!

IamIreland

"I feel like the blue detracts from the fish."

WHAT?? I think a lot of those complaining are afraid to wear anything but black or white t-shirts. The orange suits the light blue wonderfully, and makes perfect sense, cuz, you know, it's a fish!

IamIreland

Shame, I think this is very clever. The closer one looks the more detail there is to be found, and that's always impressive.

IamIreland

I'd say this is the ONLY original Steampunk heart design I've seen in this whole derby. I wish the cogs lined up, though.

IamIreland

He's got a wrench and goggles. Steampunk quota fulfilled. Good on ya.

IamIreland

Good pun.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Your imagination never ceases to amaze me Mr. Gentry. This is definitely the most creative design in the contest I think.

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
Icemank91 wrote:I know I'm relatively new to woot, but has adder ever submitted a serious derby entry?

Yup. In the professions derby, IIRC.

GMV.

I hate that damn fog with so much passion right now, it's not even funny.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

KidKobun

quality posts: 6 Private Messages KidKobun
re: the girl in red

Holy Gigli (2003)! This is the by far my favorite entry. Great design!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
bpr2 wrote:what woot needs to do to foil the obvious 1 woot item voters is to raise the amount of items bought needed to vote from the current number to perhaps 10-20 items in order to vote.

Just my 2¢

and to add to this.

they shouldn't show the names of the artists during the voting period, and only reveal them after the voting time has ended, or when the shirt gets printed.

I would be ok with raising the requisite purchases for voting, since I can't think of any major problems that it would cause. Maybe also change it from "one woot" to "one shirt.woot" before voting.

Hiding the names of the artists won't change anything. The most prominent artists have very distinct styles, so we'd know who it is anyway. Also, artists are bound to advertise their designs, which would negate the anonymity factor. Now, Woot could add a new rule saying that you can't advertise, but they wouldn't be able to enforce it off-site. And then people who wanted to see a design rejected could just advertise it, thereby breaking the advertisement rule on behalf of the artist...

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
nelson22 wrote:Anyone think of linux? I did.

so did I, which is a big part of why I love this shirt.

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
nelson22 wrote:Anyone think of linux? I did.

I did, which is a big part of why I love this shirt.
Even though black is pretty horrible on me...

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
Icemank91 wrote:I know I'm relatively new to woot, but has adder ever submitted a serious derby entry?

Not under that name...

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
eHalcyon wrote:I would be ok with raising the requisite purchases for voting, since I can't think of any major problems that it would cause. Maybe also change it from "one woot" to "one shirt.woot" before voting.

Hiding the names of the artists won't change anything. The most prominent artists have very distinct styles, so we'd know who it is anyway. Also, artists are bound to advertise their designs, which would negate the anonymity factor. Now, Woot could add a new rule saying that you can't advertise, but they wouldn't be able to enforce it off-site. And then people who wanted to see a design rejected could just advertise it, thereby breaking the advertisement rule on behalf of the artist...

Well, the last part could easily be solved by making the punishment probation for the user rather than rejection- I definitely agree with making it 1 shirt.woot instead of 1 woot as a minimum, and also wouldn't mind raising the minimum. I think if they made things anonymous, people would have their guesses, and some would be very obvious, but it could still help things in terms of flaming (for example, if a new artist was mistakenly flamed viciously, then people might be a bit more careful in the future :P) It's hard to tell though, and there's no way woot would implement it anyway, but making it a minimum of one shirt.woot to vote is definitely a valid thing to do I think. As it is now though, I believe they have it this way so that they can encourage main woot people to cross over, but if those people have enough of an interest, I'm sure there would be a shirt they like at some point anyway.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
alfbo wrote:Not under that name...

Try again.

Reawen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reawen
redskull11 wrote:A googly eyed dog obviously.

Haha, obviously!

crackakillla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crackakillla

perfect example of steampunk. GMV

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
2thFairy wrote:Try again.

Apparently I sit corrected.

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

eHalcyon

Are you implying that this is not a serious entry?

iris420

I don't want to freak anyone out here, but I've voted for this design and every time I leave the page and come back to it later, it says I haven't voted for it. So, I try to vote for it again, leave the page, come back, same thing. No vote shown. Any ideas why? This hasn't happened to the other two designs I've voted on.

Edit: okay, looks like my vote has finally decided to stick around. that was really weird.

Carpe shirtem!

sefjwm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sefjwm

I say we do this every week in protest. We find one person who donates all winnings to charity. If we can keep stuff like this in the fog maybe we can get some sort of change here.

eHalcyon

spanishmel wrote:So, the printable area is defined by the seams of the shirt? Is that box on the Woot template just for show then? By the looks of things anyone with a rack is going to have a portion of that butterfly all up in their armpit. I'm wearing a Threadless tee that is printed all the way to the seams and trust me that side seam (as well as what's printed near it) is sitting quite comfortably under my arm.

As evidenced by this set of boobies shown here...

But I guess dudes will be cool...

The unofficial boundary is 1 inch away from any seams. The template is, in fact, just a guide - you can safely place stuff outside of that bounding box. However, the closer you get to the seams, the more likely a rejection. Ultimately, it's Woot's call.

eHalcyon

iris420 wrote:I don't want to freak anyone out here, but I've voted for this design and every time I leave the page and come back to it later, it says I haven't voted for it. So, I try to vote for it again, leave the page, come back, same thing. No vote shown. Any ideas why? This hasn't happened to the other two designs I've voted on.

Sometimes weird stuff happens on the site. Give it an hour and check back again. Your vote may be registered by then, or if it isn't, you may be able to vote properly at that point. I've experienced the same thing on numerous other designs at various times in the past. Rest assured, this isn't some code monkey voodoo magic designed to keep votes away from Adder's entry.

whisperatdaybreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whisperatdaybreak
iris420 wrote:I don't want to freak anyone out here, but I've voted for this design and every time I leave the page and come back to it later, it says I haven't voted for it. So, I try to vote for it again, leave the page, come back, same thing. No vote shown. Any ideas why? This hasn't happened to the other two designs I've voted on.

Edit: okay, looks like my vote has finally decided to stick around. that was really weird.

That happened to me too the other day.

Beffy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beffy
sefjwm wrote:I say we do this every week in protest. We find one person who donates all winnings to charity. If we can keep stuff like this in the fog maybe we can get some sort of change here.

Change from what? What exactly do you want changed? To take away peoples free will to vote for who they please, or to sumbit what they please? xD

iris420

eHalcyon wrote: Rest assured, this isn't some code monkey voodoo magic designed to keep votes away from Adder's entry.

Haha! This is why I prefaced my comment. Conspiracy abounds! Thanks for the info.

Carpe shirtem!