ZanduarMagnus

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ZanduarMagnus
Re: Steam Gun

This looks really familiar.

masterxuln

quality posts: 1 Private Messages masterxuln
Re: My Dog Breathes Steampunk

Finally you got it right, Adder. At least you're on topic. Now if only you could draw...

michaelnomad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaelnomad
Re: Fe-MAN

Very nice. Usually I just check the the top ten or so shirts and see if there's anything that I like. I'm glad I scrolled down a little today. It might not have enough 'steam' to catch up to the top 4, but it's still the best of the bunch.
Good job.

greenmolloy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenmolloy

Well this entry is utter tripe. I, personally, am a fan of steampunk and I think you oversimplify what it is.

With that said, I'm giving you a vote simply because all the shirts I do like are far from the fog or rejected (as far from the fog as you can get). I'm quite curious to see if woot will print this, and, if so, how many weeks it'll stay in the top 20. Good luck.

ankmet20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ankmet20
Vegdeg wrote:Nice shirt

ankmet20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ankmet20

masterxuln

HeartlineTwist wrote:And the alley-oop for the win?

Trust me, Storm, I want this to be rejected just as much as you do, but I also realize that the shirt.woot staff probably isn't around at all times. Should it have been rejected by now? In an ideal world, yes.

If this gets rejected that would F A I L. I think this is one of the best entries this derby and one of the only ones I'd buy/wear. Of course I do agree that it doesn't exactly fit the theme, but I really don't care all that much. Most of the shirts that DO fit the theme, I wouldn't wear. If the shirt looks good, I'll buy it whether it fits the theme or not. This is a t-shirt site after all.

suzdal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzdal
ZanduarMagnus wrote:This looks really familiar.

It's the Dr. Grordbrot Goliathon 83 Infinity Beam Projector;

http://www.wetanz.com/holics/index.php?itemid=13&catid=4

mlovesr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlovesr

Your design only punctuates how well formulaic art does here at woot! Tired art rakes in the votes. How sad is that!

Adder, I hope this design prints. It'll be 1,000 cool bucks for you and almost as disappointing a print as "yay, brocolli" for all those who care about intelligent, well-executed, original art.

richardkinast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages richardkinast
Re: ba ba bamp ba ba ba ba bamp ba am i doin it right?

This is freakin' hilarious. Surely a punked steamer is the ultimate Steam Punk. You gotta win!

Look!... A distraction!

stevesds

quality posts: 18 Private Messages stevesds
Re: Divine Assembly

Something about this picture seems vaguely familiar...hmmmm...

mlovesr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlovesr
Re: Calling John Henry!

I wish your design much luck at another site where the voters have the capacity to appreciate your brilliance and artistic abilities.

Good luck, Robbie! :-)

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
Re: The Aviator

you better win over that robot dog thing thats next to you.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

ste7enl

quality posts: 12 Private Messages ste7enl
Re: MI 1600

alright, keep this going, make pappa proud

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik

First time poster, wanted to wait until I had something worthwhile to say. My first thought when I saw the first version of this "protest shirt," or whatever it might be called, was "slightly funny, mostly stupid." But after thinking about it more, seeing the troubles of Drakxxx and others, and seeing the off-topicness and pandering (or at least cuteseyness) of the fog, I have come to fully support this entry. I believe this is the best (and only viable) way for those with similar opinions to try to influence the outcomes of these derbys. I believe that suggesting rule restrictions ("no flying penguins") or rejections based on relative off-topicness would be bad for a few reasons:
1. Not gonna happen
2. Restricts artistic freedom (much as I personally hate the cutesy animals)

So, good job Adder, let's just hope that people can be encouraged to vote more for on-topic and genuinely creative entries through satire, unlikely as it may be... GMV.

SarahPants5

quality posts: 6 Private Messages SarahPants5
Re: Less Talk, More Work

Take your own advice for this design. Rejected...

hishandsare1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hishandsare1

Somehow I doubt this will be accepted as incidental text.

leelaaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leelaaa

i dont get it

SarahPants5

Re: Steam-powered heart

I love it! The colors are great. I hope the placement isn't too high/far over :\ GMV

SarahPants5

SarahPants5 wrote:I love it! The colors are great. I hope the placement isn't too high/far over :\ GMV

Looking again, I think the placement is fine.

shadowknight125

quality posts: 7 Private Messages shadowknight125
Re: Let's Play

I have not read the entire comment section so maybe someone else has already stated this or maybe its just me, but this design looks a heck of a lot like "Grim Optimism" (http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=7689). That it is a relatively large and intimidating thing vs. a cutesy animal...

masterxuln

Re: The Aviator

Hmm, I don't think this fits the theme any more than the other fog entries. Not that I care that much as long as it looks good. Anyway, I really can't see myself wearing a shirt like this. Although I admit it is VERY well designed. Sorry, no vote.

shadowknight125

quality posts: 7 Private Messages shadowknight125
Re: The Girl in Red

I really love the design and illustration, but I have to agree that this is not steampunk...

braveBebe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages braveBebe
Re: True Steampunk

Inspired by some people, I decided to make a shirt that was actually steampunk (you know, not just gears and steam). At first glance it might not look too steampunk but it has all the nessesary elements.

1.Huge Goggles

2.Top Hat

3.The Key

4.Backpack

5.Steampunkish Expression

Hope you like it! XD

SarahPants5

Re: Of the Moment

LOVE this, LOVE the color, really want to wear this! GMV

sakidau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakidau
Re: Tesla Versus Mars

I like this design, but I don't like the way that it sits on the shirt in a rectangle. It would be cool if you could break the bounds of the rigid edges, make the color of the shirt work and blend into the design.

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
Re: True Steampunk

is he a puritan?

gone!

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
lucky1988 wrote:lovely characters!

haha! thanks friend! although i think yours are lovelier than mine!

gone!

SpindriftPrime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpindriftPrime

That wolf is wearing armor! Silly wolf. Armor is for people!

jeneko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeneko
Re: Tesla Versus Mars

I really like the design, but the photo is too small to see the real details...

jeneko

Re: Gamepunk

good luck with this whole thing.
you definitely had my vote before it was rejected...

jeneko

Re: Phineas the Aeronaut

good luck figuring out what to do about the rejection, I would definitely buy it

RT0wn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RT0wn

I love the take on Red Riding Hood, but I would buy this as a poster over a shirt.

Forgive me for using the word, but "epic" showdowns like this belong on walls to be seen at all times, not just one day on your chest every few weeks.

RT0wn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RT0wn
Re: Let's Play

After looking at Seki's entry and getting confused about this Ramy/Seki thing, I read all the comments on this one, too.

I may be new to woot, but let it be known that Howl's Moving Castle is considered a steampunk film by wikipedia. If THAT'S steampunk because it has a castle with steam vents in it, then this can be steampunk, too.

Fujiko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fujiko
adamsw216 wrote:I like the design, but I honestly wouldn't wear the shirt. It's not really my style, but I was also rather upset at your rejection so I am now voting for this because you deserve to be back up where you were!

Same here, and same here.

GMV, and good luck!

mybell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell

yes sir boss man

mybell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell
Re: Of the Moment

oh I so want this to win, please please please.

MontyJr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MontyJr
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2

This is the best shirt in the derby, plus, it might be the only one that could make the fog that is actually steampunk! Iot gets my vote

Burtocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Burtocks
Re: Peace Pump

Dude, as much as I like it, gradients aren't allowed. Sorry to say but I'm sure they're going to stamp "rejected" on this one.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Burtocks wrote:Dude, as much as I like it, gradients aren't allowed. Sorry to say but I'm sure they're going to stamp "rejected" on this one.

..except they aren't rejecting anything that qualifies as a rejection in this derby!