CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
Re: SteamBiker

This shirt tells the world: "This is how I roll!"

elwayman02

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elwayman02
Re: Of the Moment

hmm, I feel like this could be a little smaller on the shirt and look a lot better.

melite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melite
SeraphSix wrote:*Victorian

Thanks, I was having trouble thinking of the word. :D

Shirt.woot.com purchases: OMGcat, Let’s Play, Synthetic Beauty, Forget the Toys, I Want the Moon, Almost Human, Deforestation, Music is Life, Sunshine, 12 Angry Beasts, Lament of the Kiwi, Imposter, Spicing Things Up a Bit, The Original Blue Hedgehog
Woot.com purchases: Random guppy, Pure Digital Flip Ultra Series F260 Camcorder

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
jasneko wrote:Pretty, and interesting color scheme.. though the color of the shirt doesn't look like the orange in the templates I have, which is a much paler color. This looks almost red.
Woot shirt colors really confuse me, everyone posts them differently.

Anyway, very pretty design.

Is it possibly screen settings? I used the pantone color woot says to use for the background. Looked at the original file while my tablet was plugged in and it looked orange. Just looked at it now with the tablet disconnected and it looks red, even tho it's the same pantone! Colors are craaaazy.

But the file here still looks orange to me, sorry not to you.

Thanks for the votes guys!

elwayman02

Re: the steam punk

I agree with the above comments about the girl. They don't work together.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: I am a Puppet

:\ It's good to be inspired by other work, but I think this is a little too close to an existing piece of art..

elwayman02

Re: The Punk Within - Gray

What is this a picture of? I can't make out what it is supposed to be...it looks cool, but I don't know what it is!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Steamworks Operatica

Yup. Pretty much what I've come to expect from you, Drakxxx.

So much to take in. Simply gorgeous!

elwayman02

Re: Soul Mechanism

Nice halftones. The gears against the smoothness of the foreground image makes a great contrast.

elwayman02

Re: The Punk Within - White

I still don't know what this is depicting...care to explain?

nmtschaenn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nmtschaenn

If this is supposed to be tetris, why is the bottom line complete with another piece on the way down. It should disappear. Seems like people would be constanly pointing out that flaw.

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
Re: Of the Moment

Pretty sweet. Looks a bit like crayon. Don't know that that's intentional but its a cool effect.

DeadFrog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DeadFrog
skirochester wrote:impressive detail and love the one-color look. you're showing some nice range deadfrog. well done

Thanks a lot Ski, I really like your work.

elwayman02

Re: Darwinism

cute concept, but I feel like the sketchiness of the art actually detracts from the design. I would have preferred a more polished look.

masterxuln

quality posts: 1 Private Messages masterxuln
databit wrote:Cream colored double posts.... hmmmm....

What is wrong with you!?

@Iceman Hey, great design and I agree with bravebebe the name is awesome. The intricate details really add to the design. And the shirt color is perfect, it makes it look like scratch paper with all the plans scribbled on it. +1

elwayman02

Re: Let's Play

mmm, The Iron Giant, anyone?

elwayman02

Re: Push my buttons

oh great, another gaming reference. Getting old...

great art, but the concept could be more creative.

melite

Re: Mechanical Love

I kind of like this, I wish you would haven't put the black shirt on the black background though, it hurts my eyes to look at.

I do have a question, what is in front of the elephant's trunk?

Shirt.woot.com purchases: OMGcat, Let’s Play, Synthetic Beauty, Forget the Toys, I Want the Moon, Almost Human, Deforestation, Music is Life, Sunshine, 12 Angry Beasts, Lament of the Kiwi, Imposter, Spicing Things Up a Bit, The Original Blue Hedgehog

ack154

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ack154

I'm not sure I see "steampunk" in this. I mean, it's obviously a giant steam powered robot... but when I see actual steampunk stuff online, this makes me think of none of it.

I actually like the robot though (could do without the dog IMO, but I see where you're going).

Irrelevant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irrelevant
Re: the steam punk (no girl)

agreed.

bring back the red eyes, steam, but lose the girl. i'll be in for that one...

elwayman02

Re: ONE OF THESE DAYS

Yea, doesn't really feel like steampunk to me.

Irrelevant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irrelevant
Re: Gamepunk

i am 100% in for one of these if it can make it to print. promise.

elwayman02

Re: Steamborg

nice!

elwayman02

Re: The Watchman

shiny!

contessa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages contessa
Re: Darwinism

I think this is wonderful. Any chance you would consider resubbing on a different shirt? Maybe gray or brown? I feel like the blue detracts from the fish.

Adorable! Resub and it has my vote!

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
nmtschaenn wrote:If this is supposed to be tetris, why is the bottom line complete with another piece on the way down. It should disappear. Seems like people would be constanly pointing out that flaw.

Holy schneikies... good catch. Shhhh, it will be our little secret. I think the game needs to be oiled, it isn't turning over properly!

Hengehog

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Hengehog
Re: Steamworks Operatica

This shirt is awesome, i only see one thing that i think is a little strange. The woman's leg looks just a little bit long. Other than that it is very cool

kdubbs29

kdubbs29 wrote:Holy schneikies... good catch. Shhhh, it will be our little secret. I think the game needs to be oiled, it isn't turning over properly!

If I win, I will make that small fix before I submit the artwork. That should be easy enough. I don't want to lose steam with the votes that I have now.

Icemank91

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91
Re: Leonarda Da Punk

Thanks for the kind comments guys!

For those of you who feel we have to many Da Vinci designs, I agree, but I thought that Steampunk is one genre that would actually work well and fit in with the Da Vinci theme. Thanks for your interest everyone!

contessa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages contessa
Re: Steamborg

I'm so glad I clicked the thumbnail! GMV!

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
SailorButterfly wrote:Don't worry, ramy did it for him.

Yay, because the world needs another Ramyb shirt on Woot.

How many of their shirts have they had printed this year? Has it hit 15 yet?

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

melite

Re: Soul Mechanism

I like this, though I don't like wearing things in the top corner of my shirt sadly. So many heart shirts lately...

The center almost looks like a panic button, which is somewhat hystarical to me.

PhilSandifer

quality posts: 17 Private Messages PhilSandifer
Re: explore

Oh... Lost? I was going to buy it as a Zork Brass Lantern shirt, but if there's a recognizable Lost logo... not really interested.

Icemank91

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91
Re: ESCAPE

Haha! The pigs are back!

databit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
elwayman02 wrote:It's ear looks like a breast with a pointy nipple...

Not intentional, but looking at it again, I guess I have to agree with you... Not a bad look though

kdubbs29

nmtschaenn wrote:If this is supposed to be tetris, why is the bottom line complete with another piece on the way down. It should disappear. Seems like people would be constanly pointing out that flaw.

Ok, check out a detail shot here that shows what the submitted artwork will look like (with the bottom row fixed being the only change).

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k45/kmw_29/GameboyFinal.png

elwayman02

Re: Throw me away

stupid.

elwayman02

Re: Steampunk Cat

I'm glad you picked the dark color. This turned out really well.

dangurous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dangurous

it's another ramyb shirt that you can tell it's ramyb just by the thumbnail. excellent work as always. gmv.

34 woots for shirts, most recent: 10/23/12: Fresh Cake Remix (L); 9/22/10 - iHome Optical Netbook Mouse; 7/12/10 - Woot Off Lights; 5/26/10 - Jolly Roger Floor Mat; 11/23/09 - Memorex 720p HD Mini Camcorder; 3/23/09 - iRobot Roomba 535 Robotic Vacuum

elwayman02

Re: Mechanical Love

too small on the shirt, bad placement.