dpbowl842

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dpbowl842

Is it possible I would buy this shirt (because I love black shirts) if it weren't a part of the steampunk theme? I think Draxx could have put 4 shirts in the fog given the time. This just doesn't fit although I will not deny it's artistic prowess. I just cannot put money toward it.

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
dpbowl842 wrote:Is it possible I would buy this shirt (because I love black shirts) if it weren't a part of the steampunk theme? I think Draxx could have put 4 shirts in the fog given the time. This just doesn't fit although I will not deny it's artistic prowess. I just cannot put money toward it.

YAY STEAMPUNK!!! EXACTAMUNDO!!!

sumosahilattack

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sumosahilattack

I think all the shirts that I've bought off woot have been designed by either ramyb or sekiyoku. Anyways, I don't really understand the derby this time but this design looks awesome. I bought one! :]

EvilE1174

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EvilE1174

what the hell is "steampunk"??

nekcod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nekcod

Even though I think butterflys are a little...*ahem* fruity I think it's a badass shirt. In for one. Damn, how many shirts of yours am I going to have to buy Ramyb!?

Soten

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Soten

It has gears.
Thus: Love.

I just purchased this, it was so wanting of my love.

:D

I quest for Crud.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

this shirt does not exemplify the theme!

that was fun while it lasted!

peachtek

quality posts: 5 Private Messages peachtek

Can't say I'm thrilled with the placement of this one. I imagine while I wore it, it would look like my boob exploded and a butterfly was coming out.

I'll pass.

~~We can't all be princesses. Someone has to wave as I walk by.~~

briskbot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briskbot
peachtek wrote:my boob exploded and a butterfly was coming out.

Awesome quote taken out of context.

KidKobun

quality posts: 6 Private Messages KidKobun

Far too dark for people to discern. Not that I care what others think about the shirts that I wear, but it would be nice to have it be semi-recognizable. Pass.

woot! should restrict first time wooters from getting the infamous Bustin' out chainsaws.

iamjessica

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iamjessica
peachtek wrote:Can't say I'm thrilled with the placement of this one. I imagine while I wore it, it would look like my boob exploded and a butterfly was coming out.

I'll pass.

That's a real good point. I nearly bought one and with your comment I realized that you're right. Thanks for saving me $10. :-) I like it and I couldn't care less if it fit the theme or not, but if it looks odd on me I I have this burning sensation....

I poop while I Woot.

BoredStiff

quality posts: 13 Private Messages BoredStiff
iamjessica wrote: but if it looks odd on me I I have this burning sensation....

They have a cream for that, you know...

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
EvilE1174 wrote:what the hell is "steampunk"??

heh, I think lot of people said that when they saw this was the derby theme, including myself... I had to look it up. I think I probably still don't totally understand what it is;)

dangurous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dangurous

the next midnight should be interesting. is ramyb's second effort worthy of a near-sweep of the steampunk derby, or did the revamped version of steamworks operatica steal the third spot? either way, congrats ramy on another excellent print. do you even have any losers in the double take derby?
secondary note: ramy, i think i like your designs more each time i see someone who doesn't, and has no real reason why they don't. silently, i admire just that little bit more. keep it up!

34 woots for shirts, most recent: 10/23/12: Fresh Cake Remix (L); 9/22/10 - iHome Optical Netbook Mouse; 7/12/10 - Woot Off Lights; 5/26/10 - Jolly Roger Floor Mat; 11/23/09 - Memorex 720p HD Mini Camcorder; 3/23/09 - iRobot Roomba 535 Robotic Vacuum

btboudreaux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btboudreaux

How is this steampunk again? There were tons of other shirts that were not only better... but on topic. The derby winners are always disappointing.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
btboudreaux wrote:How is this steampunk again? There were tons of other shirts that were not only better... but on topic. The derby winners are always disappointing.

Wellcome to WOOT!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
wootasourous wrote:First sucker: Jestik
Speed to first woot: 0m -10.-920s

Well Jestik,
You just might have broken cyber speed on woot.

yeah, apparently I went back in time to purchase this shirt...

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Jestik wrote:yeah, apparently I went back in time to purchase this shirt...

That explains how you got all those other first suckers- You gave yourself away by going back too far this time :/

(And by that I mean that I am honored to have you as my first sucker )

Wooterologist

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Wooterologist

I don't think people would be harping on about the shirt not fitting the criteria of steampunk (myself included, and I'm not an excessive enthusiast of steampunk), if at least 'one' of the designs truly hit the mark. My disappointment is not that the designs aren't interesting or make really cool shirts, but they don't seem to capture the je-ne-sais-quoi of steampunk as a whole.

Anyway, this is why democracy will ultimately phail and why the constitution has safeguards to maintain oligarchic control over the masses.

Jestik

ramyb wrote:That explains how you got all those other first suckers- You gave yourself away by going back too far this time :/

(And by that I mean that I am honored to have you as my first sucker )

hey, thanks, ramy!
I know you have your detractors, but this shirt is about as far from your usual style as possible. There are no cutesy animals, cloven hoof feet, blank-eyed stares, etc. I'm really glad to see you expand your range and show some diversity.

Keep it up!

Veluriel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Veluriel

I think it's a good shirt regardless and so I bought it. This makes the fourth Woot shirt I've bought (even though I haven't got the other three yet)

Doverhere

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Doverhere

WHAT ??????????????

Disconnect

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Disconnect

Strangely enough, I'd be more likely to buy this as a print to hang up than as a shirt. Any chance of that?

Doverhere

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Doverhere
Veluriel wrote:I think it's a good shirt regardless and so I bought it. This makes the fourth Woot shirt I've bought (even though I haven't got the other three yet)

No problem. When the other three come and one is four sizes too small and the other two have baby size neck holes in them........and you RMA woot several times to try to get them returned/replaced/refunded and shirt.woot totally ignores your messages......

......well then, you'll really be a happy dude, huh???..... and really start questioning what/s going on over there and questioning your purchasing judgment....

Jestik

Spl2iGGaN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spl2iGGaN
EvilE1174 wrote:what the hell is "steampunk"??

Read then post.
It works better that way.

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

Mmm, dark and mysterious looking. Lots of interesting bits in there...

JoeDeth

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JoeDeth

Congrats on another print, but like others have stated, I don't quite get how it fits the theme...

On the other hand, we gave our son the "music pirate" shirt for his bday last nite, and he loved it!

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom

I'm sorely tempted by this, not because I think it's steampunk (which I don't) or even because I think it's cool and pretty (which I do), but because it reminds me of "The Artist of the Beautiful".

Will have to ponder some more.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Jestik wrote:yeah, apparently I went back in time to purchase this shirt...

Next time you go back in time can you pick me up some stuff? I need some leg warmers, a dayglo fannypack and a Sit 'N Spin that doesn't suck. (please?)

gizagiza

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gizagiza

I would so buy this if it were available in on a tank top. A black shirt in the summer here is not a good thing. =S

poserofalltrades

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poserofalltrades
byrbwr wrote:another uninspired design by an uninspired 'artist'. i hope you all enjoy your wal-martesque designs, because you can bet the next derby will have more of the same. more from ramyb/seikyoki (same person).

So, going on the observation that you're so harshly judging not only the artist, but the people that bought the shirt, you can make a better design?

I assume you must be some kind of savant to be flinging poo of this caliber. It's either you are some kind of super-talented, black turtle-neck wearing elitist or just some kid that is jealous mommy won't buy him a new shirt.

Remove the stick so firmly planted and please try again before posting such filth.

Why did I even bother responding to this tripe, I know it's just giving you the negative attention you so desperately crave. I must be really bored this morning.

copycat1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages copycat1

I like it ok, but I'm not going to get one...
My closet is full of woot shirts already...

One may look at a cat and see a companion.
I behold a cat and see a sword, well mostly a sword, by the time I am done with it anyways.

Paradox55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Paradox55

no for me....missed the theme by a mile. If the theme was butterflies, I might have considered it, but would want to see how it printed first. I think the colors are going to be lost, indistinguishable.

entezami

quality posts: 0 Private Messages entezami

Okay Bradyson, or whatever your name is. you need to [be quiet] and just enjoy the shirt. It looks nice. This is not the place to be bashing someone's design just cause you didn't have yours published / your ideas about a theme were different. If you have a problem with the theme, seek it up with the people who chose the shirt.

The whole point of Themes in Art is the fact that each artist's rendition of the Theme is different, which makes each design unique.

WOOT is a community where we respect the artists and their designs. That's what sets us apart from all the other sites.

And one post about your opinion is enough. There's no need to be posting all over this thread.

Great Design BTW!

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
Wooterologist wrote:

Anyway, this is why democracy will ultimately phail and why the constitution has safeguards to maintain oligarchic control over the masses.

Oooooh, I like you! Stick around awhile.

As for this shirt, I grow weary of the side placement designs and the colors aren't doing much for me either. I do like the idea of the mechanical butterfly, but it looks soooo flat. Nope, don't really like this shirt very much at all.

Carpe shirtem!

mixer23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixer23

About time that one of the more artistic ramyb shirts got printed. As long as Drakxxx still prints, I won't hate you Oh, I got one btw

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo

You got gears in my butterfly!

You got butterfly in my gears!

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

me2you

quality posts: 1 Private Messages me2you

I'm so glad that this one printed!!
I don't usually wear black, but looks like I will be now. =)

Nice job ramyb!

lwitthoft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwitthoft

i like it. reminds me of a story from Lieh-Tzu: A Daoist Guide to Practical Living

an artisan works for years perfecting a jade leaf that looks just like a real one. he shows it to someone, and is told that what he created years does not match what nature can do in a few weeks

so i like the allusion, though im almost positive you didnt have that reference in mind