Muntoe


quality posts: 9 Private Messages Muntoe

You know, at first glance I wanna buy a lot of these T-shirts, but after reading forum comments to see how everyone else feels about it I always change my mind. So thank you everyone for helping me decide what is pitiful and copied and what is truly awesome and worth wearing on a T-shirt!

alfbo


quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo

Oh my God, it's bouncing!

Someone must have hit it with a stick!

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

HeartlineTwist


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist

I don't understand why so many people are wanting to give the designer the benefit of the doubt.

Screw the Viva Pinata discussion. It's ultimately irrelevant.

The fact of the matter is that it looks like a trace of the pinata picture, which I don't think is in public domain. Sure, the designer COULD have taken a picture themselves and traced that, but I don't buy that because the amount of variables that would have to go into that for the design to look so similar to the picture insofar as it DIRECTLY matches the frays and even the bumps of the rear leg lead me to believe this is simply not the case.

Hell, even if it's NOT a copyright issue if it turns out to be public domain, I know we're still not a fan around these parts of derivative works in this sense.

Also, I realize that a pinata is a pinata, but I don't think the way the outline of the design matches up basically directly with the outline of the Google image can be a coincidence.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
alfbo wrote:Oh my God, it's bouncing!

Someone must have hit it with a stick!



Nothing with glow on woot has not sold out. I'm just shocked bounce took this long.

I imagine PAGES of threads: MY CANDY IS PRINTED ON, INSTEAD OF GLOWING! I WANT A REFUND!

dolphin76


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dolphin76
AdderXYU wrote:
I imagine PAGES of threads: MY CANDY IS PRINTED ON, INSTEAD OF GLOWING! I WANT A REFUND!



That, and what Woot has to say about the copyright issue, is why I've decided to at least hold off on this shirt. If the candy is GITD (I suspect not), and if the image was used legally (again not holding my breath), it's worth the extra $5 to get the shirt for my daughter after today. If not, then I saved $10.

w: 10 w.w: 15 s.w: 60 so.w: 3 k.w: 7

SavedChristian


quality posts: 1 Private Messages SavedChristian
ramyb wrote:*snip* ramyb's google image search results



Woot's review process = non existent (apparently)...does this website want any integrity or just sales? I'll keep my money for another shirt, thank you.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
SavedChristian wrote:Woot's review process = non existent (apparently)...does this website want any integrity or just sales? I'll keep my money for another shirt, thank you.



i feel last weekend is proof which they prefer.

mllemeranii


quality posts: 7 Private Messages mllemeranii
AdderXYU wrote:i feel last weekend is proof which they prefer.



I'm surprised (but not really) that they haven't followed up on this trace. With the two that I have been here for (broccoli and that other one from an album cover), it took them awhile, but it wasn't evening the following day. Today is proof as well it seems, since GITD always sells out and the community has received no explanation. I would at least settle with hearing the same thing we heard from broccoli, but it still wouldn't make me like the shirt.

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
HeartlineTwist wrote:I don't understand why so many people are wanting to give the designer the benefit of the doubt.

Screw the Viva Pinata discussion. It's ultimately irrelevant.
[snip for length]



I am 100% with you. Why aren't people pissed? There were a million posts on Sunday b/c people were pissed about a design they considered off-topic from the derby. Now you have a potential theft of an image which, imho, is a much more serious thing and everyone's quiet.

Where's the outrage? Oh, right, I forget. These idiots with their "alt-insult" accounts only sign on to rag on ramyb. I forgot.

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
nrarmen wrote:I wouldn't expect this situation to be resolved in a few hours...patience



Apple polisher :P

mllemeranii


quality posts: 7 Private Messages mllemeranii
IndependentVik wrote:I am 100% with you. Why aren't people pissed? There were a million posts on Sunday b/c people were pissed about a design they considered off-topic from the derby. Now you have a potential theft of an image which, imho, is a much more serious thing and everyone's quiet.

Where's the outrage? Oh, right, I forget. These idiots with their "alt-insult" accounts only sign on to rag on ramyb. I forgot.



Or it could possibly be that some of us have work or school during the weekdays.

This is absolutely infuriating, but woot's already proven that they don't care. The lack of explanation for this, or adherence to their own rules cemented this.

I'll be interested to see what happens this next derby, depending on how open-ended they really make the "Air" theme. In any case, I'm putting my money in other Tee sites for the time being. Unless there's something I simply can't live without (and let's face it, most of us could live without anything sold here), I'm likely to not support woot anymore with the way things have been going.

tohru


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tohru

Wow! I totally missed the broccoli thing and the dirty jobs thing.When was this?

My niece LOVES, LOVES her GITD halloween shirt. Sleeping in it and making you wash it in the morning so she can wear it again "LOVES" it. I bought the pinata shirt because it was GITD and before I read about the trace. Now I feel bad.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
IndependentVik wrote:I am 100% with you. Why aren't people pissed? There were a million posts on Sunday b/c people were pissed about a design they considered off-topic from the derby. Now you have a potential theft of an image which, imho, is a much more serious thing and everyone's quiet.

Where's the outrage? Oh, right, I forget. These idiots with their "alt-insult" accounts only sign on to rag on ramyb. I forgot.



To be fair, it's not comparable. plenty of people commented on the lack of theme on all of ramy and seki's work all week, while only one or two people looked at this piece before approving it. There is no reason those should have made print, and every reason this one could have been missed.

The outrage was higher for Ramy's because people had been protesting it (and for good reason) for a freaking week before it printed. This is tepid in comparison in part because the protest hasn't built up that long for nothing. When this hits reckoning and woot still hasn't explained, or has brushed it off, then people will be more angry

slowjam


quality posts: 8 Private Messages slowjam
AdderXYU wrote:To be fair, it's not comparable. plenty of people commented on the lack of theme on all of ramy and seki's work all week, while only one or two people looked at this piece before approving it. There is no reason those should have made print, and every reason this one could have been missed.

The outrage was higher for Ramy's because people had been protesting it (and for good reason) for a freaking week before it printed. This is tepid in comparison in part because the protest hasn't built up that long for nothing. When this hits reckoning and woot still hasn't explained, or has brushed it off, then people will be more angry



This. I bought and commented before the tracing thing came up. However, I didn't post about ramyb's designs either, even though they were not even close to steam punk. Not to get into that again, but I'm not one to launch personal attacks at an artist. I will say I was excited when I saw the derby theme, and terribly disappointed with the fog only a few days in.

firerockss


quality posts: 0 Private Messages firerockss

Anyone know if these shirts run small or big? Need help in getting the right size. I'm usually a womans medium.

Thanks

MissRebeccaF


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MissRebeccaF
firerockss wrote:Anyone know if these shirts run small or big? Need help in getting the right size. I'm usually a womans medium.

Thanks




They tend to run small/fitted. I order up a size from what I usually wear.

ChefRAZ


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
AdderXYU wrote:To be fair, it's not comparable. plenty of people commented on the lack of theme on all of ramy and seki's work all week, while only one or two people looked at this piece before approving it. There is no reason those should have made print, and every reason this one could have been missed.

The outrage was higher for Ramy's because people had been protesting it (and for good reason) for a freaking week before it printed. This is tepid in comparison in part because the protest hasn't built up that long for nothing. When this hits reckoning and woot still hasn't explained, or has brushed it off, then people will be more angry



And if joel doesn't expain why this has happened agian. People "will" leave this site. shirt sites are a dime a dozen. and this lack of Accountability is really starting to bother me. work place should be teamwork between employees no one here is minding the fort whle the natives attack. or is this just a texan thang?


third times a charm. woot.

Decker2pure


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Decker2pure

I wouldve got this if it was just printed in the "electric" blue ink. The best part is the candy and im assuming you wont be able to see it unless you are in the dark. Oh well. Still cool.

thadiusdean


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thadiusdean

This is my first woot shirt and I bought it because of the glow in the dark.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
ChefRAZ wrote:And if joel doesn't expain why this has happened agian. People "will" leave this site. shirt sites are a dime a dozen. and this lack of Accountability is really starting to bother me. work place should be teamwork between employees no one here is minding the fort whle the natives attack. or is this just a texan thang?


third times a charm. woot.



Except woot isn't a shirt site. If it was, the reckoning chart would be way different. The derbies would be moderated, and the winners would be good. The dailies would be looked forward to by all, because they'd be excited to see something new and unexpected. And there would be fewer "shirts aren't art, they're shirts" arguments, because it would be a shirt site, and the users would understand the basic principles of fashion: that it is, by definition, art, and that graphic art can enhance a tshirt and make it more.

We can fight to change, or we can abandon. It's not like our leaving will change anything... the nitwits own this site.

dsatele


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsatele
ProfHotpants wrote:Thanks again for your remarkable vigilance, guys. So good to know we've got so many of you watching our backs.

We're looking into this and we're going to handle any possible issues. In the meantime, we'll be putting together a summit of the world's foremost paper-mâché experts to get to the heart of hard-hitting issues in the mock donkey community.



You'll probably just want to go ahead and cut a check to these guys. They have the image on their site along w/ a copyright notice.

On a side note, ProfHotPants has absolutely no credibility w/ me after this ridiculous comment from the Dirty Job shirt.

ProfHotpants wrote:I have absolute confirmation from the artist that this is an original illustration, and I have seen his original sketches and works in progress. We've been working with him for some weeks on this design and others. Now please, CALM DOWN ALREADY.


simontsui


quality posts: 1 Private Messages simontsui

I've read most of the comments added for this T-shirt and want to add my opinion:

I bought it, and even if the candy isn't GITD, I would be a tab bit disappointed but I won't regret it.

A piñata is a piñata is a piñata. I would rather have a suspiciously familiar looking piñata than a flawed depiction of one. And it's not a blatant trace of a copyrighted online piñata image, it's a generic piñata look... one that I could easily draw myself.

edit:

dsatele wrote:You'll probably just want to go ahead and cut a check to these guys. They have the image on their site along w/ a copyright notice.



I take it back. The piñata looks exactly like the image at the link you posted.

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
AdderXYU wrote:To be fair, it's not comparable. plenty of people commented on the lack of theme on all of ramy and seki's work all week, while only one or two people looked at this piece before approving it. There is no reason those should have made print, and every reason this one could have been missed.

The outrage was higher for Ramy's because people had been protesting it (and for good reason) for a freaking week before it printed. This is tepid in comparison in part because the protest hasn't built up that long for nothing. When this hits reckoning and woot still hasn't explained, or has brushed it off, then people will be more angry



You make a fair point. The rage people had against ramyb had been building up for quite some time.

I guess I'm just puzzled b/c yay broccoli had generated a fair amount of anger by this time during its first day, unless my memory is failing me (always possible), but today it's been just a handful of people voicing their disapproval.

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
mllemeranii wrote:Or it could possibly be that some of us have work or school during the weekdays.

This is absolutely infuriating, but woot's already proven that they don't care. The lack of explanation for this, or adherence to their own rules cemented this.

I'll be interested to see what happens this next derby, depending on how open-ended they really make the "Air" theme. In any case, I'm putting my money in other Tee sites for the time being. Unless there's something I simply can't live without (and let's face it, most of us could live without anything sold here), I'm likely to not support woot anymore with the way things have been going.



Regarding the work/school thing, that's a fair point. It's just that, as I mentioned to Adder, I remember yay broccoli generating a fair amount of anger on its first day and that, too, was a daily, so it wasn't over the weekend when most people had lots of free time.

I hear you on the not supporting woot thing. I don't really want to leave; this was the site that started my t-shirt geekery. On the other hand, there's been a lot of shady goings-ons, and not a lot of transparency. I'm definitely torn and would be eager to forgive all if improvements were made (Adder's suggestions on how to improve the derby, repercussions for designers that use stolen art, etc).

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
IndependentVik wrote:You make a fair point. The rage people had against ramyb had been building up for quite some time.

I guess I'm just puzzled b/c yay broccoli had generated a fair amount of anger by this time during its first day, unless my memory is failing me (always possible), but today it's been just a handful of people voicing their disapproval.



The other difference is that, while this was clearly traced, Broccoli was identical. It WAS the picture, but with an animu face slapped on. Which I guess is a precursor to the current buffoonery 'round here. Same with dirty job... the Staring Contest reaper and the Iron Maiden hands were identical right down to detail. This was obviously traced from the source, but there was also much more done to it by the creator, as opposed to what amounted to basically taking a picture, altering the colors, and calling it your own. if you look at the animations from Yay Broccoli and dirty job, even the internal details match up.

mllemeranii


quality posts: 7 Private Messages mllemeranii
IndependentVik wrote:I don't really want to leave; this was the site that started my t-shirt geekery.



Me too, and it's sad because I love this site. And while I make angry (impulsive) posts sometimes, I'm just sick of not being heard. We may be a vocal minority, but we are vocal for a reason, and ignoring a customer base like that is not good business practice. Retail businesses (online and physical locations) have surveys and questionnaires for a reason. The managers actually punish employees for complaints received through these surveys. If not punished or written up, there are definite repercussions. Woot seems to just ignore their customers. (With the exception of screwing up on purchases.)

blahmcblah


quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah
IndependentVik wrote:Regarding the work/school thing, that's a fair point. It's just that, as I mentioned to Adder, I remember yay broccoli generating a fair amount of anger on its first day and that, too, was a daily, so it wasn't over the weekend when most people had lots of free time.



Broccoli was sold in the middle of a wootoff, so there were thousands of people looking who probably wouldn't have been otherwise.


SixPieces


quality posts: 1 Private Messages SixPieces
Pufferfishy wrote:Only slightly less ironic then when I mentioned it on the prior page of comments.

Reading - it's fun!



Eh, I'm not really a fan. I prefer posting and crossing my fingers that nobody has stolen my clever idea.

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
blahmcblah wrote:Broccoli was sold in the middle of a wootoff, so there were thousands of people looking who probably wouldn't have been otherwise.



Ah, _that_ is the salient fact I couldn't seem to recall. Thanks, Jeopardy guy! (I rooted for you).

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
mllemeranii wrote: Woot seems to just ignore their customers. (With the exception of screwing up on purchases.)



You'd think they'd care a little more about their most passionate customers. Yeah, we're a pain in the ass sometimes, but we do so much free advertising for them. People are constantly asking me where I get my weird shirts, and I point them to this site.

robotica


quality posts: 0 Private Messages robotica
jones21403 wrote:This design has nothing to do with "Viva Pinata" AT ALL. The controversy is over the fact that it was traced from a photo of a pinata that is the first result if you Google "pinata". And for pointing it out, the credit should go to "robotica" who was the first one that noticed.



the funny thing is, I almost didn't mention it. The smiley look of the outline was my main complaint. Didn't realize so many people would be annoyed by the copying.

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

ChefRAZ wrote:And if joel doesn't expain why this has happened agian. People "will" leave this site. shirt sites are a dime a dozen. and this lack of Accountability is really starting to bother me. work place should be teamwork between employees no one here is minding the fort whle the natives attack. or is this just a texan thang?


third times a charm. woot.


Woot has decided to go along with the printing, if anyone hadn't figured it out by now. I let them know about it as soon as I saw it last night (Japan time, remember) and the decision came from the top.

Sorry if this upsets some people. It was a decision made from the top and I'm not entirely privy to why, but it was an educated decision, that I can at least tell you.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
superspryte wrote:Woot has decided to go along with the printing, if anyone hadn't figured it out by now. I let them know about it as soon as I saw it last night (Japan time, remember) and the decision came from the top.

Sorry if this upsets some people. It was a decision made from the top and I'm not entirely privy to why, but it was an educated decision, that I can at least tell you.



Translated: Iron Maiden doesn't photograph piñatas.

Snapster


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster

I was out of town yesterday and unfortunately will be too rushed until Friday to do much more exploration into Pinatagate here myself. Unfortunately I have also yet to read the entire thread so this may be way disconnected but I'll at least make a quick attempt to respond to what I think were the issues.

Actually two issues likely exist that might be best separated. Whether infringement exists that woot might be concerned about (which sub-divides further to financial or ethical reasons), and then whether artistic rules of shirt.woot have been broken.

With regards to the first - artist or copyright infringement, my take is that this is a stock product photo intended for comercial use to sell donkey pinata sku U-6626. The actual pinata design appears to be about as public domain as can exist and the particular pose/angle used for tracework likely is essentially public domain as well. Ethically, I don't feel that the particular photographer in this instance, separated from the design of the pinata is much of a legal or ethical rights holder, especially when further distanced by likely tracework versus direct image use.

With regards to the second, I must primarily relay that I rely on other staffers within Woot to form more long range artistic community guidelines for art to be used in production and that I find it quite worthwhile to be flexible and responsive to community input on such matter as well. Certainly that our artwork is unique and exclusive is a core covenant. I know that this segment is a contentious matter, but with my eyes and my own beliefs, I do not define art to be mandatory exclusion of tracework. For instance, if Andy Warhol's campbell's soup cans were to involve elements of tracework, I'm not sure I would find them less interesting. I do not wish to be conclusive on the matter, but I did want to relay my personal thoughts going into this that some use of tracework is probably acceptable to me from time to time.

As I mentioned, my time and attention here is too short this week to really be a front man on this conversation but I wanted to highlight that it definitely interests me and your passion is inspiring. I will enjoy checking back for a summary of what I've missed and what an idiot I am.

itoaseik


quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
Snapster wrote:I was out of town yesterday and unfortunately will be too rushed until Friday to do much more exploration into Pinatagate here myself. Unfortunately I have also yet to read the entire thread so this may be way disconnected but I'll at least make a quick attempt to respond to what I think were the issues.

Actually two issues likely exist that might be best separated. Whether infringement exists that woot might be concerned about (which sub-divides further to financial or ethical reasons), and then whether artistic rules of shirt.woot have been broken.

With regards to the first - artist or copyright infringement, my take is that this is a stock product photo intended for comercial use to sell donkey pinata sku U-6626. The actual pinata design appears to be about as public domain as can exist and the particular pose/angle used for tracework likely is essentially public domain as well. Ethically, I don't feel that the particular photographer in this instance, separated from the design of the pinata is much of a legal or ethical rights holder, especially when further distanced by likely tracework versus direct image use.

With regards to the second, I must primarily relay that I rely on other staffers within Woot to form more long range artistic community guidelines for art to be used in production and that I find it quite worthwhile to be flexible and responsive to community input on such matter as well. Certainly that our artwork is unique and exclusive is a core covenant. I know that this segment is a contentious matter, but with my eyes and my own beliefs, I do not define art to be mandatory exclusion of tracework. For instance, if Andy Warhol's campbell's soup cans were to involve elements of tracework, I'm not sure I would find them less interesting. I do not wish to be conclusive on the matter, but I did want to relay my personal thoughts going into this that some use of tracework is probably acceptable to me from time to time.

As I mentioned, my time and attention here is too short this week to really be a front man on this conversation but I wanted to highlight that it definitely interests me and your passion is inspiring. I will enjoy checking back for a summary of what I've missed and what an idiot I am.



Most of that sounds pretty good. I don't think an outline trace quite equals "Yay Pinata!" (and I'm surprised nobody seems to have called it that). The infringements in the past seem to have been much worse. I do wish we could have had Steamworks Operatica instead of an extremely mediocre traced pinata with backwards glow-in-the-dark. Them's the breaks.

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Snapster wrote:I was out of town yesterday and unfortunately will be too rushed until Friday to do much more exploration into Pinatagate here myself. Unfortunately I have also yet to read the entire thread so this may be way disconnected but I'll at least make a quick attempt to respond to what I think were the issues.
[snip for length]



Thanks for the update, snapster. I've been thinking about this on and off since yesterday, and I have what seems, on the surface, to be a reasonable request. Feel free to poke the holes in it that I'm sure exist.

The site should institute a policy that all designs submitted for dalies need to include any and all livetrace sources that have been used in the creation of the design. This would accomplish a few things:

1) It would let woot know how often tracing is used in their designs. The site would then have the discretion to allow less, or more, of that kind of work as they see fit, but they'd at least know about it ahead of time.

2) It would allow woot the time to source the pictures and make sure there's no copyright issues involved with the source photograph BEFORE the shirt goes on sale. In other words, no last minute scrambling while half your staff is on vacation.

3) I think this is probably the most important result of instituting such a policy. Obviously, there will be some designers who will not adhere to the new policy and end up submitting traced work without attributing their source. You should have all daily submitters sign a contract that says if they failed to disclose a source image then woot has the right to stop the printing of the shirt and impose a financial penalty on the designer in question.

There's nothing _inherently_ wrong with livetracing images to use in your designs but, much like writing a paper where you cite sources, it is only fair that you give proper credit where credit is due.

Using a source image without disclosure just strikes me, personally, as unethical.

Snapster


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster
IndependentVik wrote:Thanks for the update, snapster. I've been thinking about this on and off since yesterday, and I have what seems, on the surface, to be a reasonable request. Feel free to poke the holes in it that I'm sure exist.

The site should institute a policy that all designs submitted for dalies need to include any and all livetrace sources that have been used in the creation of the design. This would accomplish a few things:

1) It would let woot know how often tracing is used in their designs. The site would then have the discretion to allow less, or more, of that kind of work as they see fit, but they'd at least know about it ahead of time.

2) It would allow woot the time to source the pictures and make sure there's no copyright issues involved with the source photograph BEFORE the shirt goes on sale. In other words, no last minute scrambling while half your staff is on vacation.

3) I think this is probably the most important result of instituting such a policy. Obviously, there will be some designers who will not adhere to the new policy and end up submitting traced work without attributing their source. You should have all daily submitters sign a contract that says if they failed to disclose a source image then woot has the right to stop the printing of the shirt and impose a financial penalty on the designer in question.

There's nothing _inherently_ wrong with livetracing images to use in your designs but, much like writing a paper where you cite sources, it is only fair that you give proper credit where credit is due.

Using a source image without disclosure just strikes me, personally, as unethical.



at first glance I think this is an excellent idea.

corleyp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages corleyp

speaking of re-using the same clip art pic, I just about choked on my sandwich today when I read this in my inbox during lunch.



Shockwave's Cinco de Mayo page


As for Snapster's response about live-tracing - I believe folks have had their entries in derbies rejected for this. I could be wrong, I'm not an artist. But if so, why have different rules for the derbies than the dailies?

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
corleyp wrote:

As for Snapster's response about live-tracing - I believe folks have had their entries in derbies rejected for this. I could be wrong, I'm not an artist. But if so, why have different rules for the derbies than the dailies?



The Adder response: You've seen what wins derbies, right?

But the actual answer isn't too far off. Woot can vet their daily designs, so they can choose how often they want certain items. If they only want one glow shirt every few months, they can decline all others. If they see a "beer" shirt, or more "PG13" piece, that they feel fits their site, they can snatch it up. They can work with designers to make sure their art will work on a shirt, and ask them to change things that look bad. They can take time (though they clearly don't) to make sure there are no rules broken.

In the derbies, however, it's majority rule. There's no quality control, no consideration of what looks good, no consideration of originality, no respect for art... simply put, woot needs every check and balance they possibly can justify to help the derby remain as good as it is now. And as it is now, it's pretty broken. Woot has different rules to make sure that they can at least reject SOME of the hackery. To make sure they don't have to print 10 GITD tees a month, for example. For the derby to have the same rules as the dailies, you'd need to allow woot complete rejection control based on quality, taste, and sensibility. Or else woot would be an even more stagnant site.

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Snapster wrote:at first glance I think this is an excellent idea.



Score! Thanks for weighing in with your initial impression. I hope you guys seriously consider it after your full investigation of pinatagate (hah, I like that) is over.