BrandieHolic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrandieHolic

Hmm.. was I supposed to get a shipping notice for next day shipping? Never got a notice, and I was running late for work so I didn't look too hard, but I'm pretty sure they weren't left on my porch. Anyone get their shirt yet?

Anyway, I am new to woot and I'm glad to see you are looking into more control over the tracing issue. I'm not intensely bothered by the situation in this case, but I definitely think it needs to be taken care of. Please seriously consider IndependantVik's suggestion!

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

"some use of tracework is probably acceptable to me from time to time. " this comment troubles me. what artist needs tracing? unless your 12.

chobby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chobby
AdderXYU wrote:The Adder response: You've seen what wins derbies, right?

To make sure they don't have to print 10 GITD tees a month, for example.

Maybe introduce a 'No-glow in the dark' rule for some deries and leave it out for others, the same way in which they allow text in some derbies and not others?

edrainkona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edrainkona
chobby wrote:Maybe introduce a 'No-glow in the dark' rule for some deries and leave it out for others, the same way in which they allow text in some derbies and not others?

Most derbies already don't allow specialty inks, such as metallic and glow in the dark ink.

I also foward IndependentVik's idea, but the contract part is a bit too much. That would take money and lawyers to create and enforce.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
edrainkona wrote:Most derbies already don't allow specialty inks, such as metallic and glow in the dark ink.

Correction: ALL derbies don't allow specialty inks. Thus the suggestion that Woot sometimes allow them.

I think it's fine to disallow specialty inks, because allowing them would just be inviting a design that overuses glow or metallic for no reason at all.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eHalcyon wrote:Correction: ALL derbies don't allow specialty inks. Thus the suggestion that Woot sometimes allow them.

I think it's fine to disallow specialty inks, because allowing them would just be inviting a design that overuses glow or metallic for no reason at all.

BUT IF I LIKE IT IT SHOULD WIN

There. I saved thousands of wooters from typing it and showing the world their foolishness.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
edrainkona wrote:
I also foward IndependentVik's idea, but the contract part is a bit too much. That would take money and lawyers to create and enforce.

woot already has contracts with their designers, and I figure that contract is probably modified every once in awhile. I don't think adding one more clause to it would be that big a stretch.

edrainkona

Did anyone else pay for overnight shipping? I did and my order status hasn't changed. Anybody else?

BrandieHolic

edrainkona wrote:Did anyone else pay for overnight shipping? I did and my order status hasn't changed. Anybody else?

I got the overnight shipping - it was indeed sitting on my porch when I got home. Oddly enough, I didn't get an order confirmation until after it delivered.

dolphin76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dolphin76
BrandieHolic wrote:I got the overnight shipping - it was indeed sitting on my porch when I got home. Oddly enough, I didn't get an order confirmation until after it delivered.

So how's the glow? Can you see the candy in normal light, or does the candy light up with GITD ink?

w: 10 w.w: 15 s.w: 60 so.w: 3 k.w: 7

edrainkona

dolphin76 wrote:So how's the glow? Can you see the candy in normal light, or does the candy light up with GITD ink?

It's a green glow, like all the other GITD shirts. It's everything but the candy that glows in the dark.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

edrainkona wrote:It's a green glow, like all the other GITD shirts. It's everything but the candy that glows in the dark.

Everything BUT the candy? I'm disappointed. I wanted that to be the regular design. *pout*

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

BrandieHolic

Indeed, no x-ray candy. I'm a little sad too, but I do love the happy candies so I don't mind so much. :D

The glow wasn't spectacular for me, but I didn't have it in the light very long.

martinp13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martinp13

I'm really bummed... they have to have screwed up the printing. The whole thing, candy and all, is visible, and the only thing that's glowy is the outline of the pinata. It should be the other way around... outline is visible and candy is invis/glowy. I mean, it's x-ray!

Woot, did you mess this up?

Of course, I do like the one pooped candy. Cracks me up.

> Martin - Fort Worth, TX

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
martinp13 wrote:I'm really bummed... they have to have screwed up the printing. The whole thing, candy and all, is visible, and the only thing that's glowy is the outline of the pinata. It should be the other way around... outline is visible and candy is invis/glowy. I mean, it's x-ray!

Woot, did you mess this up?

Of course, I do like the one pooped candy. Cracks me up.

Not messed up. It just wasn't very clear the way they depicted it. =\

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

itsbeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsbeth

Hmm. That's a very poor use of glow in the dark. Counter intuitive, really.

mudkiep

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mudkiep

i got my shirt a few days ago, and wore it today. the glow is horrible. its barely visible in a pitch black room, and the glow is fleeting.

simontsui

quality posts: 1 Private Messages simontsui

I got the shirt today. I'm disappointed that the candy is visible.

FYI: the right side image of the shirt is the one that shows up GITD, not the left.

justinjareol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinjareol

i thought the candy was supposed to glow. oh, just a bit crappy. but wearable

simontsui

quality posts: 1 Private Messages simontsui
justinjareol wrote:i thought the candy was supposed to glow. oh, just a bit crappy. but wearable

I'm wearing the shirt right now.

Zebthemarmot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zebthemarmot

Oh, I thought it was the other way around. Was just about to go in for 1 as well. (Missed this first time around, browsing backlog)

connieneese

quality posts: 0 Private Messages connieneese

My son loved this shirt. He called it the Pooping Piñata. Sadly he has outgrown it.