morpheus282

quality posts: 6 Private Messages morpheus282
inflatablechair wrote:Wait, is that the Tardis or the phone booth from Bill an Ted's Excellent Adventure?

It's the Tardis. The phone booth would just be silly.

giggleloop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages giggleloop

As a fan of Who and BttF, this is a must have! EPIC! In for one! :D

gChinkin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gChinkin

Am I the only one who has no idea what is the meaning of this shirt?

jsh139

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

I had to buy one. I'm such a geek.

Insert signature here.

JoeDeth

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JoeDeth
tortureman wrote:you know how this shirt could be better?

If it had a brontosaurus and it was napping and then in a dream bubble, it was shooting an asteroid....

that would make it an AMAZING SHIRT...

This.

sdkammer

quality posts: 29 Private Messages sdkammer
gChinkin wrote:Am I the only one who has no idea what is the meaning of this shirt?

Nah...anyone 12 and under probably doesn't get it...

usajh1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usajh1
Sms4001 wrote:I think this would have been a lot cooler shirt if the phone booth they crashed into was the one from bill and teds excellent adventure.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw it first.

drkilljoy77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drkilljoy77
Sms4001 wrote:I think this would have been a lot cooler shirt if the phone booth they crashed into was the one from bill and teds excellent adventure.

I completely and utterly agree... that would be an instant recognition.
I've never heard/seen this "Tardis" thing before.

Seems to have been referenced in a ton of places, though, I never would have realized it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TARDIS

THis is my sig, deal with it?

brodie712

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brodie712
NotGoddess wrote:Falls to temptation with the rationalization that she can use this as a 'date filter'-any guy she'd want to date would recognize both objects instantly (or be really cute and willing to be enlightened on the subject).

Good point. I like it. I am in for one.

mindyk1212

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mindyk1212
sdkammer wrote:Nah...anyone 12 and under probably doesn't get it...

I think even people over 12 but under 18 or 20 probably won't get it either.

To be honest, I wasn't even aware of Dr. Who until a few years ago and I am in my twenties. But then again, I think Dr. Who will be less know here in the states... it is one of Britain's longest running series after all.

Check out World of Dice- All things dice featuring a unique collection of dice jewelry.
And Gifts and Blessings- Buy gifts for one and provide blessings for many.

t2000kw

quality posts: 5 Private Messages t2000kw

Well, that's the phone booth I thought it was. I did a quick check and this is not theirs, so which telephone booth is this? (What movie is this one from, then?)

Edit: Just figured it out. I haven't watched much Dr. Who but it's the same.

I agree that it should have been from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. More people would "get it" when they saw it, at least in the US.

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
tortureman wrote:you know how this shirt could be better?

If it had a brontosaurus and it was napping and then in a dream bubble, it was shooting an asteroid....

that would make it an AMAZING SHIRT...

I need that shirt!

stevenschuhly

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stevenschuhly

Totally should have included the tollbooth from The Phantom Tollbooth.

Mallrat31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mallrat31

This may be the greatest shirt in the history of EVER!

It's seriously all sorts of awesome...

Xenora

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Xenora

I got the Dolorian from BttF but not the phone/police booth from Who. Who's not in my generation's arsenal of pop culture. At least not extensivley.

Now, a Starfox vs. Tails dogfight shirt... THAT would send me in a laughing frenzy. XD

EDIT: *looks at the button* It's throbbing??? Already!?

My woot! purchases: The Original Blue Hedgehog; To The Top in the Style of Da Vinci; Deforestation; The Owliminator; Yeti & Robot; Electronica (The holy grail of all shirts... THE SYNTH SHIRT! Wahoo! ^.^)
...and 1 Random. (I hope Woot! doesn't pull another Random Roulette on me for a long time; I need to hang on to my money!)

If there are any repeat posts, blame my stupid computer!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

OR, maybe the phone booth should have had Colin Ferrell in it!!

Yeah, that's IT!!!

Put Colin Ferrell in the phone booth...

rabbitjr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rabbitjr
mhoskins555 wrote:Just curious, aren't there copyright issues with something like this?

-m

I also thought of all those rejected derby entries for having an image of the tardis and Woot saying there were copyright issues. And most were better than this shirt.

I was just saying to myself last night how I'd like a cool Tardis shirt, but the presence of the Delorean just ruins it for me.
Back to the Future was just - meh.

buppyspek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buppyspek

There's a giant geek somewhere inside of me that's really tempted to buy this shirt, but I'm not sure I'd actually wear it...

EDIT: Just sold out. It was available right before I made my post. I guess that solves my problem. I would have paid $10, but not $15. I'm a geek, but a geek who likes to save $5.

mindyk1212

Nothing a sonic screwdriver can't fix!

This shirt would be awesome at a sci fi convention. ^_^

Check out World of Dice- All things dice featuring a unique collection of dice jewelry.

kmcavin65

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kmcavin65

I got two just before they sold out!

SenorSnooze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SenorSnooze

How is anyone not getting that its Dr. Who, its the longest running sci-fi series ever. Gutted it sold out already

KappaIota293

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KappaIota293

GAAAAA!!!! So I go to bed early last night thinking, oh well, I can always check woot! in the morning...F A I L. this will definitely be my first reckoning purchase.

mjroder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjroder

Such guppy! I click on "I want one" and sign up, and then it says out of stock. What ever though. Enjoy your shirt people.

radicalreader

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radicalreader

[quote postid="3218828" user="mindyk1212"]I think even people over 12 but under 18 or 20 probably won't get it either.

Just bought one as a gift for my son's 16th birthday. His geeky friends are going to be sooooo jealous when he shows up at Sci Fi club in this shirt.

The teen geek crowd will get it ... and fully appreciated having a shirt that not everyone gets.

Boss shirt, boss!

indihar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages indihar
KappaIota293 wrote:GAAAAA!!!! So I go to bed early last night thinking, oh well, I can always check woot! in the morning...omgwin!. this will definitely be my first reckoning purchase.

LOL! Went to bed early - woke up around 1 am and wasn't going to check, because the shirts have been SO blech lately - did out of force of habit.

Looked - freaked!

Looked AGAIN - FREAKED

Looked again - and didn't see a SOLD OUT sign...

In for my first 3fer...!!!

mxpxrobbie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mxpxrobbie

i am so angry that i slept in today.

why, woot, why?!

Portable Auto Jump Starter with LED Display x3/Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI x1/Bacon Salt x1/Star Wars Vault: 30 Years of Treasures From the Lucasfilm Archives x1/Saitek Rumble Force Gamepad x1/Random Shirt x2/Random Shirt x2/Random Shirt x1/Woot Cellars Wine Charms x2/Nextar 1.5" LCD Heart Shaped Photo Keychain x2/Netgear WPN111 RangeMad Wireless-G MIMO USB 2.0 Adapter x1/USB Powered Woot-Off Lights x1

verybadperson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages verybadperson

Wow.

Redwing air hockey gets reject from the tourney, even though that was a true parody, and on Monday they sell this shirt which is a copyright infringement of two series and available on another site.

Seems like a bit of a mixed message.

Or maybe they only want to produce designs that they think will have a wide appeal, I mean how many people are actually left in Detroit at this point?

Shame on you, shirt.woot. Either be consistent or do not reject any designs.

peterjh3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peterjh3

I'm upset this shirt is sold out already! I just woke up at 630am MT and am fans of DocWho and BTTF. :'(

kpk021

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kpk021

Initially looked cool until I noticed the shirt color. If I buy this shirt and put it on, can I go back in time and change the shirt color from such an ugly gray to something decent? Or maybe go back and prevent "heather gray" from being invented?

rangerchic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rangerchic

Dang it! I just wake up and check in...a shirt I really want is already gone!

mindyk1212

radicalreader wrote:[quote postid="3218828" user="mindyk1212"]I think even people over 12 but under 18 or 20 probably won't get it either.

Just bought one as a gift for my son's 16th birthday. His geeky friends are going to be sooooo jealous when he shows up at Sci Fi club in this shirt.

The teen geek crowd will get it ... and fully appreciated having a shirt that not everyone gets.

Boss shirt, boss!

I just decided to cave in and get one for a sci fi convention I am going to in June and it sold out. >_<

That is what I get for thinking about it too much.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Brilliant. The idea alone is funny, and the execution is perfect. Great shirt!

Decker2pure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Decker2pure

i am shocked by what shirts sell out on woot. between this and that heinous brown fox shirt i am just like WHOA. its scary and/or sad.

Mocheez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mocheez

I thought the shirt was 'Speed Racer' vs 'Superman'?

MasterExile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MasterExile

What an awful color to put such a beautiful shirt on.

iamjakex

quality posts: 11 Private Messages iamjakex

Damnit! Sold out.. I wanted, nay! I needed this shirt! Ughh.. guess I gotta wait for the reckoning now...

jdhedrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdhedrick

I thought the same thing.

iamjakex

quality posts: 11 Private Messages iamjakex

Furthermore... the Tardis would never sustain that kind of damage from the Delorian :P

Its just inconcievable!

mamastowe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mamastowe

I'm surprised by how many people in the U.S. aren't at least familiar with Dr. Who. I catch flack all the time from my geek friends because I don't know all the fine details of the series. And my husband grew up watching it on late night TV. Guess it all depends on your "sphere of entertainment".

I loved this shirt last night and decided to wait 'til morning to buy. Which makes me a chump. Won't be the first time I've had to make a Reckoning purchase for hesitating. You'd think I'd learn by now.
Need this for a sci-fi convention coming up.

gambit410

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gambit410

Please please please re-release this shirt somewhere!!!