madigan82

quality posts: 1 Private Messages madigan82

How can y'all sell a shirt with a design that has been on threadless for a year and I've had the same image as a wallpaper for just as long or longer. Are y'all just copying funny wallpapers now? I guess this is one reason why the only shirts I've bought have been derby and are original images.

privatejoker77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages privatejoker77

congrats on the quick sell out. have to remember to pick it up tomorrow.

Askiopop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Askiopop

Agh! sold out?

privatejoker77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages privatejoker77
madigan82 wrote:How can y'all sell a shirt with a design that has been on threadless for a year and I've had the same image as a wallpaper for just as long or longer. Are y'all just copying funny wallpapers now? I guess this is one reason why the only shirts I've bought have been derby and are original images.

did you bother reading the thread before you spouted off? this has already been addressed.

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey
Jokercard wrote:I think this happened at the end of the Mind Robber during the Troughton era, where the Tardis explodes into pieces and magically pieces itself back together at the beginning episode of the Invasion story.

Yep, it explodes in the Mind Robber, but that's all just part of the Land of Fiction trickery, it doesn't really fall apart.

Yep, I'm a dork.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
rabbitjr wrote:*snip*
Back to the Future was just - meh.

Aw Back to the Future was classic when I was younger. Even the sequels - anyone remember hoverboards? Ahhh I wanted one so bad.
I don't know how it would be watching it now though.

Vote!

jaszune

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaszune

I need to start checking woot at midnight again. Awesome shirt!

PFFJazzMan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PFFJazzMan

Looks like I'm getting it for $15 tomorrow, yay...

Jokercard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jokercard
VonMonkey wrote:Yep, it explodes in the Mind Robber, but that's all just part of the Land of Fiction trickery, it doesn't really fall apart.

Yep, I'm a dork.

Dont worry. Dorks rule. (and because I'm one as well.)

antonious13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages antonious13

this is what I get for not checking woot the night before . . . now deciding if I wanna pay the extra 5

SupraWes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SupraWes
Sms4001 wrote:I think this would have been a lot cooler shirt if the phone booth they crashed into was the one from bill and teds excellent adventure.

You do realize that Dr Who was way before Bill & Ted and is a lot cooler and geekier right?

luisibarra81

quality posts: 1 Private Messages luisibarra81

Now this is a shirt. Not like that rainbow bird carp that was on a few days ago.

natecarlso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natecarlso
ueberRegenbogen wrote:And the 88 piano keys remark, whilst obviously alluding to the 88 MPH critical velocity of the DeLorean, is also a reference to the TARDIS sound effect (which involves dragging an object along piano strings). (Got a grin out of me.) :D

Ah, I didn't make that connection. I stand corrected.

Learning something new every day.

indihar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages indihar
luisibarra81 wrote:Now this is a shirt. Not like that rainbow bird carp that was on a few days ago.

Oh...you mean the only other shirt besides this one, to sell out in the last 4 days?

Yeah...I got that one too...

;-)

poohcrackers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poohcrackers

dangit i knew i should've bought it lastnight!! grrrrr! not sure if i want it for $15... :-/

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
luisibarra81 wrote:Now this is a shirt. Not like that rainbow bird carp that was on a few days ago.

LOL, at first I thought it was a bird crapping rainbows too. It wasn't until I read the thread during the derby that I found out it was supposed to be a tornado.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

frereleo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frereleo
indihar wrote:Oh...you mean the only other shirt besides this one, to sell out in the last 4 days?

Yeah...I got that one too...

;-)

Well, like they say, there's no accounting for taste.

MrRocks

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MrRocks

Congrats on selling out Aled. A very clever design.

olpmcg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olpmcg

BASTARDS!!! I love Doctor Who! Its not my fault that I have to wake up and go at 7am in the morning. i need to start checking this first thing!

cms295

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cms295

I actually did think it was the phone booth from bill and ted. what is this other reference of k9? never heard of it.

kingofthenet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kingofthenet
cms295 wrote:I actually did think it was the phone booth from bill and ted. what is this other reference of k9? never heard of it.

The Doctor has a robotic Dog named K9, He even has a Taser like device to subdue baddies.

firehazard2700

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firehazard2700

why so many in Washington?

feth27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages feth27

Guys, this has been my desktop background for a few months now, i hope someone didn't rip it off the original artist...

CastawayJ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CastawayJ

you can't dammage the tardis, lol

Jokercard

CastawayJ wrote:you can't dammage the tardis, lol

You can if the shields are down :P

O and the Keys thing may also refer to the theme tune which was made by taking a key and scarping it along piano strings.

Jokercard

Oops sorry, someone already mentioned the keys thing and the Tardis sound effect. My bad.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

1. This design is not available on any other website. It was SUBMITTED to Threadless, but never printed.

2. Daily shirts (like this one) do not need to follow all of the rules imposed in the derby. This is because derby shirts are produced under a very short time frame whereas daily shirts have time for the various issues (such as possible copyright infringment) to be hammered out.

3. I know there have been a few derby entries with the Tardis, but the only ones I can recall had no element of parody whatsoever. Even if there was parody, rejection is still possible due to my second point. In the case of this design, there IS sufficient parody - at least the Woot lawyers believe so.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

mvanco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mvanco
Josephus wrote:I recall at one point the Tardis was scattered all over the place in pieces. So..yeah, it might look damaged.

I can hear the Doctor: "McFly!"

okay, yes the Tardis did blow up...but from wrong things happening INSIDE it.

• Woot.com~ 24x "wooted" 5x Big ol' Candy
  • Shirt.woot~ 30 shirts, 3 Hoodies
  • Kids.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Sellout.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Wine.woot~ Won't Deliver to my state =(

morpheus282

quality posts: 6 Private Messages morpheus282
t2000kw wrote:Well, that's the phone booth I thought it was. I did a quick check and this is not theirs, so which telephone booth is this? (What movie is this one from, then?)

Edit: Just figured it out. I haven't watched much Dr. Who but it's the same.

I agree that it should have been from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. More people would "get it" when they saw it, at least in the US.

There are some of us around who rejoice in being unique and wearing t-shirts that not everyone gets. Two of my all time favorites are "there's no place like 127.0.0.1" and my Disaster Area shirt, both of which very few people around me understand. Those who do understand them know me all too well.

morpheus282

quality posts: 6 Private Messages morpheus282
Jokercard wrote:You can if the shields are down :P

O and the Keys thing may also refer to the theme tune which was made by taking a key and scarping it along piano strings.

It could have also been a reference to the Key to Time story arc from the Tom Baker years.

Mmmmm... Romana...

matma79

quality posts: 2 Private Messages matma79

I would have purchased three of these shirts and worn them until they were tattered rags.

Alas, Heather Gray...

Acorns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Acorns

Sold out already? Man, this really needed moar jiggawatts.

mauldon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mauldon

ohmygod, i never realized there were so many doctor who fans in this world. i think im gonna cry! i have only 2 friends who love doctor who, and im so glad im not alone against the world with those to freaks! thank you woot1

mauldon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mauldon
mauldon wrote:ohmygod, i never realized there were so many doctor who fans in this world. i think im gonna cry! i have only 2 friends who love doctor who, and im so glad im not alone against the world with those to freaks! thank you woot1

and now i seriously AM crying!!!!this is the happiest day of my life!!!!!

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

I should have got this one yesterday as well. I was going to order today but looks like I'll pass if it's going to be $15. Annoyed at myself for not getting it yesterday... grrr

LovelyVely

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LovelyVely
thesamurai wrote:GUYS. Heather gray = FA!L

hey now.. not all who watch these shows are guys!! either way Heather gray still gets my vote... I just WISH I hadn't been traveling all day!! uugghhh.. just my luck.. thanks uncle sam.. worst timing ever!!

corruptdcrusadr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages corruptdcrusadr

Darn, it sold out

AmbiguousPanda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AmbiguousPanda

Oi! Mosh good! DR.WHO!!!

kojo87

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kojo87
Sms4001 wrote:I think this would have been a lot cooler shirt if the phone booth they crashed into was the one from bill and teds excellent adventure.

thats what i thought it was until after i bought it

KarenClark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KarenClark

Is it wrong that I stayed up till midnight to buy this shirt for $5 more even though it's not going to sellout again? I must have it.