+ Add a Comment

Markus712

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Markus712

I had to stay up and get it as well... it's freakin' awesome.. what's five dollars anyhoo? =p

pm1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pm1

there are already 63 purchases, in the last 20 minutes
holy heck

bl4ckl4beled

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bl4ckl4beled
Sms4001 wrote:I think this would have been a lot cooler shirt if the phone booth they crashed into was the one from bill and teds excellent adventure.

1000000000000% agree, and that's a lot of percents let me tell ya!

Durkle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Durkle

man I really love this shirt!!!

simply genius

sleepyjen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sleepyjen
outlawmoogle wrote:It's on Threadless too

http://www.threadless.com/submission/120520/It_Came_Out_Of_Nowhere/showmore,designs?=

It looks a lot better on the color shown on threadless.

frazzledniya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frazzledniya

T_T I missed it...*sniffles*

markzero

quality posts: 12 Private Messages markzero

What's the new link for it, to buy it at $15?
Thanks.

midmigurl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages midmigurl
mvanco wrote:okay, yes the Tardis did blow up...but from wrong things happening INSIDE it.

What about in the new episodes when the shields were down and it got hit by the Titanic?

mstrneil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstrneil

Better with Bill and Ted's phone booth than the TARDIS? I think not!

Seriously, though, this shirt brings into convergence two of my favorite sci-fi stories. Epic win.

Snapster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster
markzero wrote:What's the new link for it, to buy it at $15?
Thanks.

http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=8901

rangerchic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rangerchic

So...now that it's $15, I'm undecided on purchasing it. Yes, that $5 makes a bit of difference. I do wish it were navy blue or something though.

morpheus282

quality posts: 6 Private Messages morpheus282
inflatablechair wrote:Wait, is that the Tardis or the phone booth from Bill an Ted's Excellent Adventure?

kojo87 wrote:thats what i thought it was until after i bought it

I'm amazed at the number of people saying this, so I'm providing a free public service.

Phone booth:

Police box / Tardis:

Do they really look that similar???

daleian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daleian

they don't look anything a like

olpmcg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olpmcg
Jokercard wrote:You can if the shields are down :P

O and the Keys thing may also refer to the theme tune which was made by taking a key and scarping it along piano strings.

yea in the titanic special the titanic goes all the way through

Hammylink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hammylink
Sms4001 wrote:I think this would have been a lot cooler shirt if the phone booth they crashed into was the one from bill and teds excellent adventure.

Not at all.

SaintWacko

quality posts: 15 Private Messages SaintWacko
stevenschuhly wrote:Totally should have included the tollbooth from The Phantom Tollbooth.

Phantom Tollbooth!!! I've always loved that book. Okay, so the next shirt is going to have the Delorian, the TARDIS, Bill and Ted's phone booth, and the Phantom Tollbooth :D

Knowledge is power,
Power corrupts,
Study hard, be evil.

Woots:
2X Sandisk Sansa Clip 2gb, April Fool's Boggy Old Creature, Anniversary edition Boggy Old Creature

SaintWacko

quality posts: 15 Private Messages SaintWacko
morpheus282 wrote:I'm amazed at the number of people saying this, so I'm providing a free public service.

Phone booth:

Police box / Tardis:

To be fair, you put up a pic of a modern phone booth. An older phone booth looks quite a bit like TARDIS, except for the color.

Knowledge is power,
Power corrupts,
Study hard, be evil.

Woots:
2X Sandisk Sansa Clip 2gb, April Fool's Boggy Old Creature, Anniversary edition Boggy Old Creature

indihar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages indihar
morpheus282 wrote:Phone booth:

Police box / Tardis:

SaintWacko wrote:To be fair, you put up a pic of a modern phone booth. An older phone booth looks quite a bit like TARDIS, except for the color.

To be fair...if you put up a photo of the phone booth from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure...it looks nothing like the Tardis.

(Which was the question...how could you confuse one, with the other?)

choiceweb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choiceweb
indihar wrote:To be fair...if you put up a photo of the phone booth from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure...it looks nothing like the Tardis.

(Which was the question...how could you confuse one, with the other?)

Not to mention the phone booth has two jacka$$es on top.

indihar

choiceweb wrote:Not to mention the phone booth has two jacka$$es on top.

LOL

bluesunburn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bluesunburn

Woo! In for one!

skat3h3ll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skat3h3ll

AGREED 100% and it said bogus on it! HAHA

firstshadow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firstshadow

Mine came in the mail today, and it wasn't due until tuesday... Time hacks?

Turo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turo

It says mine came in the mail today, too. But it's nowhere to be found.

I'm a little sad.

therealjosh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therealjosh

I was upset to see it sold out the first day but very happy to see it available during the reckoning.

perahta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perahta

WooHoo!

Not only the only new shirt to make it under 20...but first place at that!

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

Just got mine in the mail today. I have to say I'm a little disappointed in it actually. Not the art, but the shirt as a whole. The placement of the art is lower then it looks. That slight difference really kind of kills it for me. Kind of a bummer since I like the design and it adds salt to the wound that I missed getting it when it was $10. :/

KarenClark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KarenClark

Mine came yesterday afternoon! Just got it out of the mailbox this morning. Haven't had a chance to open it it to see the art yet.

fatheed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fatheed

Hey guys - Thank you for the kind words about my design. I'm pleased that on the whole, people seem to like it!

Just wondered if someone wouldn't mind posting a pic of the design on the tee - I figure it's going to take a while to get to me in the UK and I'm too impatient!

Cheers.

RPDOfficer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RPDOfficer

You know. I ordered it.

And my order never went through.

indihar

mikenytola wrote:Just got mine in the mail today. I have to say I'm a little disappointed in it actually. Not the art, but the shirt as a whole. The placement of the art is lower then it looks. That slight difference really kind of kills it for me. Kind of a bummer since I like the design and it adds salt to the wound that I missed getting it when it was $10. :/

Mine came yesterday, and I agree. I like the art/design...but it's placed lower than it appears on the shirt template (think couple inches lower). Doesn't kill it for me...does make it more of a "meh" for me.

Still...it's not like I have a closet full of shirts with the Tardis on them...

minidriver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages minidriver

I think the shirt is really cool, but the geek factor would be increased by 1000 if the accident scene took place in front of the Guardian of Forever from Star Trek. That would throw most of your major sci-fi time travel devices together (that and it would be a good t-shirt to advertise the Universal Science Fiction Parody).

gmerin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmerin
Josephus wrote:I recall at one point the Tardis was scattered all over the place in pieces. So..yeah, it might look damaged.

I can hear the Doctor: "McFly!"

but it got better. where is a tractator when you need one?

MercenaryLynx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MercenaryLynx

^ What he said.
I was actually just thinking what would happen if this happened the other day when I watched Dr. Who.

amydealiah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amydealiah

Love it!!

I just ordered one for myself, my boyfriend & one for each of his three boys. We are all big Doctor Who fans. This shirt is fantastic!

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

Did anyone else's shirt not come with a woot tag?

krisrobinson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krisrobinson
bpr2 wrote:Did anyone else's shirt not come with a woot tag?

I haven't got mine yet... it's been Forrreevverrrr... one of the downsides of living in Hawaii I guess.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh

Wow. I realized reading this thread that I've missed 1/2 the fun of this design by never seeing Dr. Who before. I'm gonna have to catch up. Can I just watch the new one or do I need to watch the old ones? I know there was the original in the 60s and the new one started 2005.

danj3ris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danj3ris

While I'm not enough of a Dr. Who or Back To The Future fan to purchase this shirt, the humor behind the virtual impossibility of the rarest occurrence to ever occur actually occurring, is exceedingly funny.

Like stepping in the only spot of yellow snow on planet Hoth x infinity.

ckevinj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ckevinj

not the left front fender! always always always crash your delorean to the right side because there is a shortage of perfect left front fenders in the world.