micahnathaniel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages micahnathaniel
uncle pennybags wrote:It's obviously a Police Box and not an American Phone Booth. Thus from Dr Who and not Bill & Ted's.

Party on Wayne! Schwing!

alyssam09

quality posts: 4 Private Messages alyssam09

Bleh. I'm too much of a Who nerd NOT to buy this.

First woot. I'm probably never gonna wear it too.

Demetrius3D

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Demetrius3D
bucho54 wrote:Precisely what I thought it was before I clicked on it.

Oh... Yeah! There's trademark issues! The BBC will sue your *** off. Hell! They won against the Metro Police department who *built* the darned phoneboxes, for cripes sake! (Feel free to make the fair use argument in court.) I think Universal Studios wouldn't be too happy, either.

Demetrius3D

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Demetrius3D
indihar wrote:...
(Which was the question...how could you confuse one, with the other?)

The blue police boxes were actually holding cells. The phone was on the outside for calling for someone to collect the perp inside.

ashleym91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ashleym91
Sms4001 wrote:I think this would have been a lot cooler shirt if the phone booth they crashed into was the one from bill and teds excellent adventure.

Tardis is way cooler

kiefer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiefer

oh my goodness! this is the best shirt in the world. this is fo' sho' clownin'

the TARDIS and the DOLORIAN: perfect together!

bro3of4

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bro3of4

Look in the 2nd panel background in this webcomic from 2004. . .

http://www.galactanet.com/comic/view.php?strip=323

Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.

texpenguin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages texpenguin
Leahbh wrote: Can I just watch the new one or do I need to watch the old ones? ...

The old series and the new series are pretty different. Both have their merits, and the old series has some definite downsides. I've seen enough of the old series (eps from all but 2 or 3 Doctors), and imho you do NOT need to watch the old to appreciate the new! As the Doctor would say, the new series is "FANtastic!" Something for everyone--comedy, drama, adventure, history, sci-fi, handsome guys, gorgeous girls, even sexy aliens! How could you go wrong!

ecurve

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ecurve

This shirt pronounced "awesome" by John Barrowman, at Comic Con '09.

jilliansaint

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jilliansaint
NotGoddess wrote:oh gosh. Love this shirt except it looks like the Delorean wins....

Shirt with a losing TARDIS... vs no shirt.
What a dilemma!

The TARDIS is alive, it'll heal itself in a jiffy. The Doctor just has to flip a switch (or spin a crank, or hit something with a mallet, I forget which) whereas the equally-crazy-eyed Doc Brown will take *days* to repair the damage to the Delorean, which is clearly smoking after the collision. The Doctor > Doc Brown, after all.

catherinelowe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catherinelowe
Sms4001 wrote:I think this would have been a lot cooler shirt if the phone booth they crashed into was the one from bill and teds excellent adventure.

Clearly you missed the joke...it's the TARDIS from Doctor Who

-catherine

BanuEtopu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BanuEtopu

I must say this shirt totally made my day!
Two of the best time travel shows/movies in one XD that's just plain epic!

No one I know is gonna get it (I live in America) but oh well! I'll have to convert them into DW fans

ypawtows

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ypawtows

Just got my shirt this week! Thankfully, Seattle is full of Whovians. :D

__/^-^\__ *Miya!*

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

This is a great design, bought two.

ghotiphud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghotiphud

I agree that changing the police station call booth to the Time-Traveling Phone Booth from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, would have made this shirt that much better. It would have been subtle and awesome for anyone who got the reference.

Ginnna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ginnna

I've been wanting to buy a woot shirt for a long time. I've considered buying at least a dozen shirts, mostly from derbies, but I never felt the need to spring off my couch, run to my VISA card, and run back to my laptop in order to purchase any of them.

And then I saw this one.

And I **had** to spring off my couch, run to my VISA card, run to my laptop and order it!

So... thank you for making me an official woot customer. This shirt is AWESOME!!

You love this signature. It's awesome.

JoahnsDelakore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoahnsDelakore

Yay! Just ordered my shirt. :3
Told my mum and dad about this shirt after hearing about it on Knotcast and have been dieing to buy it since. My parents are going to be jealous. :D

(As a side note, the Bill and Ted thing would have just been silly. Delorean hitting the Tardis is just epic. No additives needed, no substitutions required. :3 )

And I can just picture the Doctor looking in dismay at the scene: "What!? What!? What!?"
Marty should be thankful it wasn't one of the first Doctors or the Master. lol

fallnislikethis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fallnislikethis

While I personally feel that the TARDIS would have held up better, I can't not buy this shirt.

thehyperborean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thehyperborean
uncle pennybags wrote:Also I'd say the Delorean isn't going to running for much longer with that front end damage. The TARDIS might still be able to function. Soooo, I'd give the accident win to the TARDIS.

Of course the TARDIS wins. It recently had a run in with the Titanic (well, a space going version) and it healed up just fine. No worries whatsoever

klynb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages klynb
jilliansaint wrote:***

The TARDIS is alive, it'll heal itself in a jiffy. The Doctor just has to flip a switch (or spin a crank, or hit something with a mallet, I forget which) whereas the equally-crazy-eyed Doc Brown will take *days* to repair the damage to the Delorean, which is clearly smoking after the collision. The Doctor > Doc Brown, after all.

The Doctor will just pull out his sonic screwdriver, talk to K9, and it'll be fixed momentarily.

basracing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages basracing

The name should obviously be, It came out of noWHEN

Ninjarisu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ninjarisu

Awesome shirt, can't wait to get it. I like the heather grey, this will be my new layer #1 shirt under the green thermal, dark blue button down shirt, brown pinstriped suit, and ultrasuede overcoat at conventions.

Gally242

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Gally242

Glad this was still around, perfect xmas gift for a friend!

nazsooner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nazsooner

i ordered this shirt forever ago, but never actually recieved it. whats up????

James D. Brown

shawnywany

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shawnywany
nazsooner wrote:i ordered this shirt forever ago, but never actually recieved it. whats up????

Yeah, me too...

misbahhu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misbahhu
shawnywany wrote:Yeah, me too...

same!

kw531

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kw531
nazsooner wrote:i ordered this shirt forever ago, but never actually recieved it. whats up????

Ditto.

fizzixrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fizzixrat

Ordered two over a week ago...still waiting to ship.

Blacura

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blacura

Me too!

kaszeta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaszeta

Add me to the where is my shirt crowd?

chottie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chottie

Where is my shirt? sigh...

zebratechg1rl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zebratechg1rl

This shirt speaks to my inner geek :D

spaceboyjack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spaceboyjack

I'm in the "What The...!?!" group.

Ordered my shirt as an Xmas gift waaay early, Nov 18th.... and now it's Dec 8th. Still hasn't shipped, and not one peep from Woot.

Woot typically gets good reviews for customer service. But not one word about this order...??? I'm becoming... concerned.

fatheed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fatheed

Hhhhmmm... that's a shame. I'll get in touch with the big-wigs at woot and try to find out what's up.

gracelessIV

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gracelessIV

Chiming in, ordered on the 19th of November and never received it.

vcapton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vcapton

Ditto, Nov 24th here and not shipped yet. Woot, what's up?!?!

sillyhunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sillyhunny

I just knew I should have paid for expedited shipping. Then I could really grumble instead of just waiting another day. 10 and counting. What gives guys?

up2down2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages up2down2

I'm another "Dude, where's my shirt?" Ordered it Nov. 26, contacted them in December as to what happened. I received a message saying they would ship after they printed more during the weekend. That weekend would have been the 5th and 6th. The shirt's status is the same. I figured I would give it another week before I contact them again.

kaszeta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaszeta
up2down2 wrote:I'm another "Dude, where's my shirt?" Ordered it Nov. 26, contacted them in December as to what happened. I received a message saying they would ship after they printed more during the weekend. That weekend would have been the 5th and 6th. The shirt's status is the same. I figured I would give it another week before I contact them again.

This, except contacted woot results in silence. If if doesn't ship soon, I'm going to be pissed.

tomaew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomaew
kaszeta wrote:This, except contacted woot results in silence. If if doesn't ship soon, I'm going to be pissed.

these shirts are printing as I type. They may not all ship today but most will. all will ship by tomorrow. -Thomas shirt.woot production manager