WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Every now and then our shirt.woot team steps out of their office to see the world. And sometimes, while they’re out there, they see YOU! Here’s some of the freaks who buy and wear our clothing.

New York artist Reuben Negrón was styling Suburban Blitzkrieg as he prepared for his solo show at Like the Spice Gallery in Brooklyn. Reuben also wants to invite all shirt.wooters to his opening night on Friday, May 21st, from 6:30 – 10:00 pm! If you’re in Brooklyn, stop in and say hi!

100_1470

That’s not enough for you? Well, then, you’ll be happy to know…

...that we’ve been on the tee vee! Here’s “Mikey” on NBC’s Chopping Block, wearing a lovely Grilled Cheese that just melted in his… chest.

Chopping-Block-GrilledCheese-small

We’ve also been featured on the NBC show Southland (thanks for the heads-up, sirrix)! Here’s a shot from the dramatic moment when Finding Technicolor reveals it’s been sleeping with Mona behind Delphenia’s back.

picture1eqo

We were thinking that maybe NBC just likes us (we write for cheap, NBC, call us, xoxo) but then sharp eyed forums poster Monkeypants8284 noticed Friends Are Forever on the ABC Family show Greek. That makes us a cross-network phenomenon. Next stop, the USA Network! All aboard the fame train!

vlcsnap-6839643

But don’t you worry, we haven’t sold out to “The Man” just yet (seriously, NBC, call us). Our shirts still have street cred. Here’s hard rockin’ proof that Wil Wheaton’s How We Roll is bigger than The Beatles.

3374118770_ae8fb007b5

And then we found some dork wearing Octospelled. Probably talking about elves using Linux or something, we didn’t really pay attention. But it was really strange how he sounded just like the Blue Beetle.

3224104591_b7006ec5a9

Of course, we found a whole nest of consumers at SXSW.

3374118770_ae8fb007b5

We were really rude and didn’t get any names. Or if we did, we forgot them immediately. That’s because blogging is a cruel game. Don’t hate the player. Just be glad we remembered our camera.

3374118770_ae8fb007b5

3374118770_ae8fb007b5

This guy proves that even our more controversial shirts have a fanbase. Maybe one day we’ll even see that broccoli shirt out and about. Stupid broccoli shirt.

3374118770_ae8fb007b5

If you really want to, you can hit our SXSW Flickr Page to see all of the people that we met. And remember, you never know when and where we’ve placed our agents. So be ready, and wear a shirt.woot shirt at all times. It might make you Internet Famous!

3374118770_ae8fb007b5

Additional photos and screen-caps by Thomas Williams and Nathan Fenster.

Quality Posts

• (11:57 AM, 5/21/2009) sirrix gets a quality post so everyone knows we forgot a credit.

Icemank91

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91

Great photos! It always gives me a thrill to see some one wearing a woot shirt.

Hobbyt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hobbyt

I have a picture of a friend who I gave a shirt to, but I don't have his permission to post it...needless to say I was excited to see him wearing it.

sirrix

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sirrix

Awww... I emailed you guys about the Southland sighting and didn't even get a nod in the post.

Either way - I do love me that shirt.

gaberussell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gaberussell

I heart broccoli shirt, and have seen it in the wild.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Maybe one day we’ll even see that broccoli shirt out and about. Stupid broccoli shirt.

Um, you have a sighting right in the Flickr page:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

ItsJustDave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ItsJustDave

Here's 2 woot shirts sharing space with Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails.

p.s. Help Eric!

LenCar25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LenCar25

haha I love it you guys. My friends and I always see people wearing woot shirts and throw sly quotes from the site in conversation.
Boss shirt Boss

anardi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anardi

Yeah, screw you guys. I love my broccoli shirt.

Amauriel

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Amauriel

I ALWAYS get great comments when I wear shirt.woot shirts. Today I had on Playing God and got several comments in just the local grocery store.

The funniest was at a BD's Mongolian BBQ...my husband had on UpgraDEAD and one of the guys that cook on the big circle looked at him and goes "Dude, you wore that shirt again! Hey dudes, check out his shirt!!" and we had never been in that restaurant before...

Obviously there are two blond late 20's guys floating around the area with that shirt, and it's a hit at BD's.

fablefire

quality posts: 18 Private Messages fablefire
ItsJustDave wrote:Here's 2 woot shirts sharing space with Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails.

p.s. Help Eric!

Awesome. If I ever see TR wearing one of my woot shirts I'll probably pass out. That and many NIN fans will be very disappointed.

tiernane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiernane
anardi wrote:Yeah, screw you guys. I love my broccoli shirt.

mmmm.. copyright infringement .. .my favorite flavor.

lilepad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilepad

Another broccoli shirt fan here too. My 1 year old learned how to say broccoli because of the shirt. Every time I wear it she points at it and says "brockly." Do I get to thank woot for it being her favorite vegetable?

lilepad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilepad

Additionally, in my small midwest university town, I randomly met a fellow female shirt.woot fan wearing a shirt.woot. What are the chances? If only I had taken her picture.

rglee129

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rglee129

At the FIRST Robotics World Festival in Atlanta this past April I saw a boatload of woot shirts. The highlight? When I met a guy wearing my very own Old School design. He was gracious enough to pose with me for this grainy cell phone pic:

tgentry

quality posts: 109 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

rglee129 wrote:At the FIRST Robotics World Festival in Atlanta this past April I saw a boatload of woot shirts. The highlight? When I met a guy wearing my very own Old School design. He was gracious enough to pose with me for this grainy cell phone pic:

My boss wore that to work yesterday.

rekenner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rekenner

Here at UF, there's ... Well, a friend I gave a woot shirt to, a friend who also shirt woots, his girlfriend when she's visiting from FSU (Boooo.), a friend of a friend that I occasionally eat lunch with (She was even wearing the Stonehenge shirt the day I met her), a random worker at the library, and then like half a dozen people in my CS classes.

Nice, healthy woot shirt populace here.
In fact:

Friend's girlfriend, wearing ... my Nevermore, actually.
Friend wearing Say No To Scurvy
Me, wearing And So We Meet...

The core group of us 4 once managed to, by coincidence, all wear woot shirts the same day. It was pretty amusing.

dancingruru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dancingruru

Last night I saw a guy on the subway wearing this:

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=8848

I kept staring at it, he thought I was checking him out so he smiled and waved at me. Slightly awkward. At least he didn't come over to say hi. Nice shirt tho.

dirtydave0221

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dirtydave0221

Not to put myself up on a pedestal, but...every show that me and my friend do...I wear a different shirt.woot...check out The Weekly MANcast

WHAT????I lost my signature, oh well.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

I was at Disney World for four days, and the only woot shirt I saw was the army men jumping out of the pocket, in a store near the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular.

Where are the woot shirts?!?

bpr2

quality posts: 175 Private Messages bpr2

saw a guy in the mall wearing "curious turtle" the other day.

that was fun while it lasted!

tiernane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiernane

A guy walked into work today wearing "Donut Panic" I was all like Oi! Mosh good! woot shirt i like your style. My coworker totally didn't hear me, and when the guy walked out he was all like "Did you see that guy's shirt, it was cool"

chibiturtleboi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chibiturtleboi

Gah.. I can't remember which, but in two Smosh videos, Anthony wore To The Style of Da Vinci and The Original Blue Hedgehog. Also, saw someone wearing [cannot remember clever name but has turtle floating after power up shirt] on the same day I did at my school. good times.. xD

My body's stupid, stereo putrid
Spilling out music into raw sewage~

pblgov

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pblgov

octospelled is one of my favorite shirts

weasle5678

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weasle5678

I have seen three out there in the wild, and it does provide a certain sense of community that I quite enjoy! The first one I spotted was the Big Foot/Nessie '08 on someone's date to my work Christmas party. Needless to say I though that guy was cool at the getgo. Then I saw a customer while I was at work wearing This Is How We Roll (a favorite of mine). Finally, I saw someone pumping gas in the derby winner for "Trees". How exciting!

BenRain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages BenRain

Woohoo! Keep 'em coming!

RandyMillerIII

quality posts: 3 Private Messages RandyMillerIII

I saw some chick on the subway checking out my w00t shirt the other day. Does that count? P.S. I think she was totally into me.

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner

I saw a chick wearing RGLee's A Rare Occurrence in Busch Gardens, Tampa last Saturday. That's all I got.

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

spike31642

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spike31642

i went to an anime convention (anime central) at the beginning of the month and spotted a donut panic t-shirt. and later in the same day was contemplating a sweet set of kitty ears while wearing the gameboy shirt (can't remember the name) and was greeted with "boss shirt boss!" i was so excited i forgot to say the appropriate response though.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
spike31642 wrote:i went to an anime convention (anime central) at the beginning of the month and spotted a donut panic t-shirt. and later in the same day was contemplating a sweet set of kitty ears while wearing the gameboy shirt (can't remember the name) and was greeted with "boss shirt boss!" i was so excited i forgot to say the appropriate response though.

Only at Acen would someone retort "Boss shirt, boss". ::facepalm::

battlespikes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages battlespikes

My brothers and me on Christmas morning 2007:

xjacekx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xjacekx

Had one of my first siting the other day, finally! A guy about 25 wearing "Say No to Scurvy" at Tiger Sushi in the Mall of America. I was wearing "Almost Human". We only made eye contact through the glass as I walked by, but I gave you a approving nod. Boss shirt, boss. It made me happy.

vricablanca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vricablanca

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
vricablanca wrote:smosh!

::facepalm:: The "Ow! My English teabags!" expletive was great.

Don't make me watch that again XP

BTW, nice siting on SBR's F5 Refreshes You.

gauman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gauman

I was pulled up on stage in Disney because of my sea chimp shirt. the lead singer of mulch sweat and shears a landscaping band said nice woot shirt.

f7eleven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages f7eleven

i saw a fellow sporting To the Top in the Style of Da Vinci while at the Maryland Renaissance Fair on Labor Day. i was wearing The Perfected Art.

This was my first woot-shirt sighting in the wild!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Saw Mental Notes (9/15/07) today!
On a stranger! Son's friends don't count in sightings.
A girl who knew woot, but didn't know the password. I educated her on the Boss shirt, Boss. I know. in case someone else spotted her!
The shirt was a gift from her boyfriend and she would tell him about our meeting tonight.

I remembered the name of the shirt. My son has it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing

This guy sent me a photo of himself in my design & said I could post the picture. It's really flattering because he's a commercial diver and that's exactly who I designed this shirt for. It's good to see it got to one of them! He lives in England and just recently received it (apparently European shipping is not very speedy) but it did make it there at last.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
jewelwing wrote:This guy sent me a photo of himself in my design & said I could post the picture. It's really flattering because he's a commercial diver and that's exactly who I designed this shirt for. It's good to see it got to one of them! He lives in England and just recently received it (apparently European shipping is not very speedy) but it did make it there at last.

International shipping in general is not very speedy. It took about four weeks, which is consistent with the shipping I've experienced.

Looks good, JW!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Silverpsycho

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Silverpsycho
vricablanca wrote:smosh!

Yeah I believe Smosh has shown a Woot in almost all their videos. It's crazy to see how many they have. I don't feel like such a woot-aholic, haha.

Trading: Guts & Reverse Tarzan (both are size WL)