gh01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gh01
davemcollins wrote:Mr. Franklin never said this; he made a comment along similar lines regarding wine, but never about beer.

http://www.beerinfood.com/Franklin.html

Dang – Thanks DaveCollins --- sub it a classic Dave Barry quote…

“Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.”

Or
“Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.”

krisrobinson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krisrobinson
Re: Big Brother Is Watching You

What pantone blue is the sky? I love it.

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
briannyc128 wrote:Awesome entry. Knew from the second I saw it in the main derby thread last night that it was going to hold down the fog for the week. Great stuff.

Not saying it won't, but 63 minutes after Derby start is a little early to say it will. Especially given the last couple of derbies.

HeartlineTwist

mfulkron80 wrote:Isn't this just the monkey thing with Pandas subbed?

Yes...and?

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
Re: Time Flies Like an Arrow . . .

Thanks everyone! Hopefully it will be able to find its stride vote-wise.

Go Banana!

sophiecabra

quality posts: 26 Private Messages sophiecabra
Re: Life is Wasted on the Living

Stop wasting your life and VOTE! ;)

endejester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages endejester
Re: Two Birds

Ha! well done XD I'm damned amused :3

Manvyi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Manvyi
Re: Lasciate ogne speranza

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate - Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

These four doors probably aren't what Dante had in mind in the Divine Comedy - but nearly all of those who enter the Derby should abandon all hope anyway.

White, red and purple on hopeless black.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 44 Private Messages PocketBrain
Re: Find your own Pair o' Dice- Douglas Adams

I believe it was Deep Thought who said "forty-two" when prompted for the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. Note also there is some discussion in that link as to the origin of the number 42. There's no real rationalization; it's random. And funny because it really couldn't be the answer. We all know the real answer is hopscotch.

jvarao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jvarao
Re: Big Brother Is Watching You

Love the color choice of the shirt, integrating in directly into the design is just too awesome. Great design. Kudos once again.

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: What goes up, must come down

Often quoted, seldom remembered...

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois

LOL!! This one made me laugh out loud. I love it!

picasserole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
godslinger wrote:You already entered this design last week in the BBQ Derby. Pre-cooked Meal For One

Resubmissions are not allowed unless there has been "significant" change(s) made to the entry. "Significant" is the subjective part here. Color changes, composition, additions, etc may all qualify as significant or may not. It's up to us. If you think someone is sneaking one in, I'll rely on the Tattle functionality to help out. Use the Tattle and link to the previous submission. It's not enough just to say "resubmission."

If it's determined to be a resubmission without significant change, then it will be rejected. People who think it's funny and keep resubmitting will be probated (ooh...I'm salivating).

Joel's resubmission rule

It was rejected for being off theme. It did not therefore run for the full duration of the derby. It is now very much on theme and In my opinion, should be allowed a crack, since it did not get one the first time around. The prejudice hereabouts is very, very, noticeable and rather disgusting. You're salivating? Sounds like you're in need of some sorta droolbag my not so good buddy.

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Re: The Pen is Mightier

I originally planned on doing a pen/sword design, but I figured there would be 87 others, so I did something different. And now yours is the only one posted... i out thought myself on that one.

NYCtShirt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NYCtShirt
Re: Float Like A Butterfly and Sting Like a Bee

Thanks for viewing and voting! I am open to any constructive criticism.

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
Re: Everything Coming Up Roses

Not everyone appreciates it when everything comes up roses.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: a book is not just a book

This is incredible. A different take on the subject of books coming to life than you normally see. Well done.

evanoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evanoe

acecartoons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acecartoons
Re: Everyone's Quick to Blame the Alien

Not to be overly harsh, but I still don't understand how anyone could possibly think that someone would buy a shirt made with MS Paint. Week after week...

Photoshop / Illustrator are not hard to come by, if you catch my drift, so please, think "would I wear this?" before you submit.

briannyc128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briannyc128
HeartlineTwist wrote:Not saying it won't, but 63 minutes after Derby start is a little early to say it will. Especially given the last couple of derbies.

Fair enough. What I was trying to get at was that I think its currently the shirt to beat. I may have been adding a bit of my own wishful thinking into my assessment.

Travis is mysteriously missing at this point so I'm always expecting one of his weekly bombs to drop any minute.

lebrachick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lebrachick
shirtshark wrote:I don't know how to say this, but this looks like a big... how do I say this... Mr. Hankey.

... that was my first thought too.... the turd thinks, it's a turd, therefore it is a turd?

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
Re: I Think, Therefore I Yam

>everyone now<
René Descartes was a drunken fart, "I drink therefore I am"

>insert funny quote here<

krisrobinson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krisrobinson
Re: eye for an eye

Can't go wrong with a pirate!

acecartoons

Re: HELP

So there are worms coming out of a house, and sad stick figures carrying a yellow ellipse.

I have to say, what are some people thinking when they submit stuff to woot?

acecartoons

Great quote, great design, great colors, great everything. GMV in a heartbeat. Very well done.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
Re: I drink therefore...

Alright, start the arguements concering the liquid in the image and the possibilities of what it might be... Does woot have a policy concerning alcohol in a shirt design? Irrelevent, the liquid could be anything, and the phrase is still true, if one doesn't drink they WILL die. Even if that is not the INTENDED concept.
I like the image. I think it turned out well; perfect for all college students. I hear that they drink alot; I wonder if studying really make a person thristier!?

sleemo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleemo

HeartlineTwist

Re: 1928. Caged Inspiration.

After the Pandora's Friends print, I'm really, REALLY concerned this may print too close to the shirt color.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
JadenKale wrote:When I pulled the royal blue for this, it kept coming out like a violet for some reason, and I certainly didn't want it to be rejected for being purple. I don't know what the deal is with the royal color. I tried multiple times to get it right. I'll certainly still play with it, in the event it gets rejected. It's a new shirt layout I'm using now, so I have to have the right color in the background. But I do thank you for trying to stay atop of that. If it's decided the color is too far from the royal blue t-shirts I have and tried to go off (since the Pantone kept coming out violet) I'll have something to replace it with.

here. is this better, jasneko?

Much better... still a bit different, but much closer to all the royals I've seen than what you have posted.
What the actual tee colors are/all the different comp tees are so confusing. Which woot would fix/clarify it once and for all so designs could match the shirts properly as well!

hbanzapan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hbanzapan
Re: 2 Bee or Not 2 Bee

The change from smiles to frowns is what seals the deal in this one. I like it!

lunchboxbrain

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lunchboxbrain
Re: An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away

Thanks for your vote!

cecile4090

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cecile4090
Re: All war is deception

I have to get this shirt

achariam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages achariam
Jestik wrote:Maybe have the robot hugging the human?

good idea i think i will work on it.

View my work.Read my notes. You should follow me on twitter here.

imsochady

quality posts: 24 Private Messages imsochady
Re: Friendship

For the people who value TRUE friendship, may one day win the lottery!

Inspired by:

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

~Albert Camus

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
mfulkron80 wrote:Isn't this just the monkey thing with Pandas subbed?

Pandas are just so much more ADORABLE than monkeys!!

Vote!

evanoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evanoe

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
jasneko wrote:Much better... still a bit different, but much closer to all the royals I've seen than what you have posted.
What the actual tee colors are/all the different comp tees are so confusing. Which woot would fix/clarify it once and for all so designs could match the shirts properly as well!

Well, that IS the pantone color they suggest, but it just looks so off to me, even with my screens calibrated. This is why I always used someone else's comps for stuff. But after repeated complaints for Drakxxx's colors being off using those same comps, I figured I should just stop using my beloved comp. This one is simply a shadowed outline and I need to insert the correct color (supposedly eliminating the issue, but as we can see, it only makes for more questions.)

Edit:
May I also note, that despite woot suggesting 7455 C as the color we should use for Royal blue mock ups, they don't follow their own color selection. I just checked Dekon's most recent shirt print on Royal (as well as the daily that printed the same week) and they both come out at 653 C.

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: Fork in the Road

hoho, i thought it was you!

nice

briannyc128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briannyc128

Go Banana!

Everyone knows Grapefruit wins that battle.

hbanzapan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hbanzapan
Jae87 wrote:Here's the full detailed image for my entry, "Look a Gift Horse in the Mouth":

I hope you all like it, please vote for me!

This is the only entry that made me laugh out loud. I love the intensity of his stare, as if he needs to look away but cannot. Nicely done.