hbanzapan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hbanzapan
Re: you can lead a horse to water

Very Cute. I'd love to see a horse sit like that.

hbanzapan

imsochady wrote:For the people who value true friendship...no matter WHAT you are!

Inspired by:

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

~Albert Camus

Beautiful

krisrobinson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krisrobinson
cecile4090 wrote:I have to get this shirt

Oh and I need to mention this is a collab with kdeuce (some may recognize the grenade).

adamsw216

quality posts: 3 Private Messages adamsw216
Re: Curiosity Killed the Cat

You know... I like the style and all... but I think the implications of what is about to happen is rather disturbing.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Great job. Though I liked that robot on its own too, so cute!

tiernane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiernane
evanoe wrote:why pandas?....

Because they're cute, and therefore will get votes.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Re: What goes up, must come down

ZING! Nice one T. Made me spit out my subway... my work keyboard is messy now.

Ivyness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ivyness
Re: speak softly and carry a BIG STICK

This is one of my favorite quotes, but I thought she was picking her nose at first.

Be the change...

Soruja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Soruja
Re: Symbol Of The Race

The symbol of the race ought to be a human being carrying an ax, for every human being has one concealed about him somewhere, and is always seeking the opportunity to grind it. - Mark Twain

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
lkackman wrote:Loop this is amazing. Great idea for a classic quote. Can we see a high res of this? I want to use it for my background.

Thanks! Sure! I edited my earlier post to include a large image.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
JadenKale wrote:Well, that IS the pantone color they suggest, but it just looks so off to me, even with my screens calibrated. This is why I always used someone else's comps for stuff. But after repeated complaints for Drakxxx's colors being off using those same comps, I figured I should just stop using my beloved comp. This one is simply a shadowed outline and I need to insert the correct color (supposedly eliminating the issue, but as we can see, it only makes for more questions.)

They both seem really off to me; the new one seems a bit too pale or pastel. What seems to be the problem with taking the eyedropper to Woot's official template? If the problem is the prohibitive file size, I can upload a smaller, more reasonably sized image for you.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
re: do not squander time...

Isn't this like almost identical to a police album cover?

picasserole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
picasserole wrote:If you never saw it first time around and are interested in a clearer larger image...
Click Here!

Someone(?????) is messing with my posts again. Even changed my password but it's still happening. Anyone wishing to view the hi-res image shall need to copy/paste the url from previous post.

Now the previous comment and link are displaying as they should.
Whoever you are... wowee... come and visit, so I can thank you personally.

tillerrw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tillerrw
Re: 1928. Caged Inspiration.

I love the drawing and the use of the moust...but not sure I get the meaning.

Woot X 12 (6 Big o' Cosmos)
Shirt X 3
Kids X 3
Wine x 1

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
eHalcyon wrote:They both seem really off to me; the new one seems a bit too pale or pastel. What seems to be the problem with taking the eyedropper to Woot's official template? If the problem is the prohibitive file size, I can upload a smaller, more reasonably sized image for you.

Read the edited post above.
it's not that I can't get the color they suggest. It's that the colors are still wrong compared to what they mock up on print day.

JadenKale

capedcrusader514 wrote:Isn't this like almost identical to a police album cover?

it IS rather close.

eHalcyon

JadenKale wrote:Read the edited post above.
it's not that I can't get the color they suggest. It's that the colors are still wrong compared to what they mock up on print day.

Woot's shirt colours aren't pantone colours. They've given pantone approximates, but the actual colours provided in the official template (the ones they use for their sales comps) aren't pantones. That's why it's best just to eyedropper from their template.

That, or eyedropper from their official sales comps.

AyCee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AyCee
Re: Big Brother Is Watching You

I absolutely love this! You have my vote, this is spectacular

rphinney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rphinney

For some reason, these iguanas remind me of the iguana Simba was playing with in The Lion King right before the wildebeest stampede. Also, the overall theme of the shirt makes me thing of Lion King (aged iguana in the sky keeping watch over baby iguana). Therefore, I like this shirt. =]

Don't know if anyone else sees that, but that's what I thought of immediately, for some reason.

Outstanding design!

sleemo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleemo
Re: the pot calls the kettle...

no text made this a bit more fun.

JadenKale

eHalcyon wrote:Woot's shirt colours aren't pantone colours. They've given pantone approximates, but the actual colours provided in the official template (the ones they use for their sales comps) aren't pantones. That's why it's best just to eyedropper from their template.

That, or eyedropper from their official sales comps.

See... just one more reason... BLEH

I'll see what I can come up with. I shouldn't have to eyedropper it. If you give a Pantone color, it should be on (or as close to on as humanly possible).

suse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suse
Re: Red Wheelbarrow -William Carlos Williams

Gorgeous! Love the red!

hbanzapan

Re: Two Birds

The addition of the legs makes a big difference. Very nice!

Niwer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Niwer
Re: Time Flies Like an Arrow . . .

A great concept and an absolutely stunning execution. The colors are great, as well as the large composition, and each figure has much character. I really hope this makes it into the fog, since it's probably one of my favorites this derby.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Soar

Crafty little bugger!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

ya2sabes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ya2sabes
Re: All war is deception

Can someone post a link to kduece's old design with the grenade-oil rig complex?

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

You draw animals so well! & I just love that blue color! <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

Stormink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stormink

Another awesome illustration! Good job as usual +1

unchained

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unchained

One Trick Pony.

AyCee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AyCee
hbanzapan wrote:The addition of the legs makes a big difference. Very nice!

Thanks c: Im very happy someone brought that idea to my attention. It really made a difference.

fifey157

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fifey157
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=31958]

Loved it the first time around. I'm so glad it fits the theme this time. GMV.

krankykitty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krankykitty
HeartlineTwist wrote:After the Pandora's Friends print, I'm really, REALLY concerned this may print too close to the shirt color.

I was wondering the same thing... I am already depressed that it seems like I may have to wash the Pandora shirt 50 times to make the design show up...

I like the design, a lot... just not sure if it will show up well on the shirt..

Do, or do not. There is no try. ~Yoda

peppersabaddog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peppersabaddog
rphinney wrote:For some reason, these iguanas remind me of the iguana Simba was playing with in The Lion King right before the wildebeest stampede. Also, the overall theme of the shirt makes me thing of Lion King (aged iguana in the sky keeping watch over baby iguana). Therefore, I like this shirt. =]

Don't know if anyone else sees that, but that's what I thought of immediately, for some reason.

Outstanding design!

you meant to say chameleon right? TELL me you meant to say chameleon.

Stormink

Re: See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil

I wouldn't wear it because its too cutesy for me, but nice job with the abstraction of the pandas face to make it still obviously a panda.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: All art is an imitation of nature.

All art is an imitation of nature.

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

krankykitty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krankykitty

I am a huge bookworm...

MUST HAVE, MUST HAVE, MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!!

Do, or do not. There is no try. ~Yoda

Stormink

Re: 1928. Caged Inspiration.

Nice sequel! And I really like that quote too... a good one to remember.

BaconWishmeyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BaconWishmeyer

unchained wrote:One Trick Pony.

Ha! Yeah, this is definitely a retread of DeadFrog's only print.

eHalcyon

JadenKale wrote:See... just one more reason... BLEH

I'll see what I can come up with. I shouldn't have to eyedropper it. If you give a Pantone color, it should be on (or as close to on as humanly possible).

Hmm... I'm not sure if what I said was misleading or not, but here's the post I was talking about (and it was a pain to find):

joelterrific wrote:Superspryte

I need to correct you somewhat here. See, we didn't actually change the Pantone colors. The swatches in the templates are correct. The issue has always been finding a screen color that matches what you see on a swatch with what you see on the screen. Anyone versed in color management knows this is a fools errand really, what with different monitors, etc.

We've had a lot of trouble with Photoshop's (or Illustrator for that matter) approximation of Pantone colors. Barbara spent a good amount of time matching with a color corrected light and calibrated monitor to get these as close as we can. But I reiterate, the Pantone colors have not changed, only the screen colors we use to represent them.

Here's the list she has so diligently put together:

Navy #0B1C1E / Pantone 532
Baby Blue #9EBDE3 / Pantone 644
Red #C60C30 / Pantone 186
Orange #DC4634 / Pantone 7417
Olive #566423 / Pantone 5753
Brown #332B1B / Pantone 7519
Heather Gray #BABCBE / Pantone Cool Gray 6
Asphalt #3D434A / Pantone 432
Creme #F1E4D1 / Pantone 482
Lemon #FFF799 / Pantone 602
Royal Blue #2A569D / Pantone 7455
Kelly Green #057A49 / Pantone 3415
Grass #73AF55 / Pantone 7489
Cranberry #790B29 / Pantone 202
White #FFFFFF / White
Black #000000 / Pantone Black

So ok, pantones are pantones, but the hex values Woot uses to represent the pantones are not necessarily the values in Photoshop or whatever other program.