fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
krisrobinson wrote:...man that is hilarious. I'm speechless.

Oman. Those people are the reason why business school is so long, tedious, redundant, and always explaining the obvious. Goddamn.

Motofly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Motofly

i like it!

Motofly

Re: See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil

Well, I was going to buy this shirt for my girlfriend... But thanks to all the people who took this shirt way to personally I guess I will not buy anything from Kazaam (1996).woot for this derby. I would definitely buy it if you were to put it up on a different site.

Motofly

Motofly wrote:Well, I was going to buy this shirt for my girlfriend... But thanks to all the people who took this shirt way to personally I guess I will not buy anything from Kazaam (1996).woot for this derby. I would definitely buy it if you were to put it up on a different site.

why did they replace the word shirt with kazaam?

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
krisrobinson wrote:Actually I disagree, it is a business, just a really smart one, i.e. the derby attracts a community around buying T-Shirts they sell that are designed by the community itself. If you can't see that this is a business then you're just naive.

Just because it's a business doesn't make it bad. And so what if people want to make designs that will get votes and sell? The tab on the shirt says "I want one" not, "I appreciate the artistic ability of this artist - and the time, energy and thought put into this design". Obviously sometimes, a lot people just want to wear a cute panda with distressing.

This is not an argument that a lot of people don't want to wear "works of art" on their shirt, but more of an argument that there are two markets here, not one or the other.

And if there is a crowd that wants to make designs purely and utterly for "art's sake" then why not start your own site where you vote on art once a week and then nothing is ever sold, just appreciated by each other in the forums?

Speaking as somebody who USED to buy a lot of shirts on this site, it is people like you that has caused me to STOP buying a lot of shirts here. I noticed YOU haven't purchased all that much on Woot either. There has been a drastic shift in the attitude of some of the "artists" submitting. Only after the win and the money..that is the mantra it seems. Well, for people like me, that is the supreme turn off and Woot won't get my money for those people's designs.

There are still some designers here that you can tell put love, time, effort and energy into their designs. It is those designs and artists I will continue to support and occasionally buy when they can overcome the "cute" and formulaic and win or place in the Derby. Those are also the designers I respect. I hope to see more designers like that in the future.

There are some designs that don't get a lot of votes each week that deserve more than they get. I encourage those artists to keep submitting. The people at the top started at the bottom..I've seen it myself..people improve week by week and move up and up and up.

Kris, this is an artistic competition. Your statement "And if there is a crowd that wants to make designs purely and utterly for "art's sake" then why not start your own site where you vote on art once a week and then nothing is ever sold, just appreciated by each other in the forums?[" is utterly ridiculous.

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
BoredStiff wrote:At the end of the day, it's just a T-shirt.

No, it is a contest worth a lot of money...not just a t-shirt.

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
Motofly wrote:why did they replace the word shirt with kazaam?

That would be the word "shirt" without the "r".

sekiyuko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sekiyuko
mrwednesday wrote:I'd agree. This should print. DF's was in the hotness since it was submitted and in those cases SDS is usually pretty accurate. If yours dropped out of the hotness at all SDS is only going to underestimate its vote total.

I personally tracked DF's since fogging and my underestimations are still higher than SDS.

Yodal, even if you don't print, I hope to see more. I really enjoyed your design.

filmbuffsforum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages filmbuffsforum
re: catcher in the rye

Holden's hat was red in the book, so I would recommend changing it. Other than that, I like the concept a lot.

krisrobinson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krisrobinson
marmls2m wrote:oh speechless....

yeah, you must be right. so right, in fact, you dont even have to attempt to logically prove your point. all the better i suppose given that your point is not possible to prove logically

fablefire wrote:Oman. Those people are the reason why business school is so long, tedious, redundant, and always explaining the obvious. Goddamn.

mkval

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkval
Re: I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

I cannot wait to buy this shirt!

frazzy626

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frazzy626
Re: don't count your chickens before they hatch

By far the best shirt of this Derby! I love the color combination's, Its easy to follow and yet very appealing. I so totally would like to see this shirt created.

frazzy626

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frazzy626
Beefcoat wrote:Thank you all for your comments!!! I very much appreciate constructive criticism and am not in the least offended by any of it. And I agree that the eggs are a stretch but I thought it was more fun this way. I think it would be awesome to be able to have a week to throw out ideas and let people comment on them and make changes before the derby would begin, but in order to have any chance at a win it has to be submitted by Sunday.
Thanks again for your votes and comments!

If this shirt is ever printed. Keep us posted I would totally buy it even if Woot didn't print it.

danib62

quality posts: 11 Private Messages danib62
DeadFrog wrote:

Now this is a shirt I want to see printed!

Xolias21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xolias21

Hope this is tomorrow or saturday's shirt. Looks awesome.

2bitnepidemic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2bitnepidemic
catz07b wrote:HOW HAS NO ONE DONE "I AM A JELLY DONUT"???

or the German version...

(by JFK... anyone?)

Ich bin ein Berliner. (translated literaly: I am a jelly donut)

blundergirl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blundergirl
Re: The Devil is in the Details

Congratulations!

Murphly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Murphly
Re: The Early Bird

This is the only design in the fog that a random person could look at and actually know the quote it's depicting. Thank goodness this is sure to be top 3, disappointing week otherwise.

Murphly

Re: You can do anything if you put your mind to it!

Hmm wouldn't "slow before steady wins the race" be a more fitting quote? =P

Murphly

Murphly wrote:Hmm wouldn't "slow before steady wins the race" be a more fitting quote? =P

slow AND steady that is

Raheelp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raheelp
re: i am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

You guys always look way into this stuff. Cast your vote and be happy.

That being said, if this makes it count me in for one!

Basileus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Basileus
Re: I only ask to be free. The butterflies are free.

I really wanted to buy one and I missed out on Urban Painter, so I'm at least a bit frustrated that it got thrown out because of the similarity to a previous design.

CrazyLarkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CrazyLarkin

I'm probably late, but I get the shirt. The character is holding the wing of blades..he has become death. Usually Death would already have the wings, but it illustrates how he chose to become Death...subtle, very subtle, I only caught it because it was referenced by another who mentioned the string..

fsudanielle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fsudanielle
Re: Call me, Ishmael

LOVED this one...sorry it didn't make it...hope it does some other time!

Jenya11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jenya11
re: i am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Holy Kazaam (1996), this drawing is amazing, if this doesn't go on sale i will punch somebody in the face lol

Bulnes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bulnes
Re: See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil

Now I will have to watch out for deadfrog... see if he makes more of the same shirts.

I have to admit that it bugs me that DF defended this design so much.

not a good design... was it worth turning off buyers?

Woots: twelve
Shirts: fifty five...wow.. I gotta get another hobby

Spaghetti0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spaghetti0
systemerror wrote:what just in case you run out you can use this shirt??

yep.
use the shirt instead of toilet paper.

jstpt1022

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jstpt1022

Disappointing that this didn't print. =(

Zigroyd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zigroyd
jstpt1022 wrote:Disappointing that this didn't print. =(

I am so pissed this didn't win. This would have been the first print I bought in a while. How does all this girly apcray win ALL the time?!

vaharri

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vaharri

I can't believe this didn't win, I love this shirt I hope they print it sometime down the line anyway I will definitely buy one

aigtr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aigtr
re: an apple a day keeps the doctor away

I would have bought this... This one looks cooler than the one on snorgtee.

RoombaSlave

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RoombaSlave

Dangit, I wanted one of these!

buriedwreckage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buriedwreckage
Re: The Early Bird

Congrats on the print. Well deserved.

Nick3000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nick3000
RoombaSlave wrote:Dangit, I wanted one of these!

Editor's Choice Please!

loganfish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loganfish
DeadFrog wrote:J. Robert Oppenheimer, American theoretical physicist nicknamed the "Father of the Atomic Bomb."

Wish this had won.

lunardude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lunardude

So how can I get this shirt?? 3XL

superbleyl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superbleyl

no.. noo. NOOOOO!!! Print this!!!! T_T

EtherealKing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EtherealKing
superbleyl wrote:no.. noo. NOOOOO!!! Print this!!!! T_T

And. . . maybe the "Destroyer of pandas" shirt ^_^, it's pretty funny.

Raheelp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raheelp

Indiefab

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Indiefab

Very disappointed this didn't make the podium. Hoping for an Editor's Choice. Will buy here or wherever it ends up.