ztfreep

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ztfreep

Oh, NOW I see. "valorandvellum". Both the sword AND the pen! This must be an invincible person (unlike the Black Knight).

paulkremer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer

Pure awesomeness! Great concept, and great execution! I absolutely love this!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
deraj828 wrote:Gah, as a music nerd with a great appreciation for the sort of thing you find on records, I love this. As an environmental geology major, I can't look at it without thinking, "Wait... that doesn't look plausible" about everything.

Talk about yer inner conflict.

Is it that implausible? It might be extremely unlikely in nature, but I don't think it would take much effort to make it happen. People can grow trees into all sorts of shapes, and a bit of creative landscaping could control the shape of the pooling bodies of water. I think it's feasible.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

eHalcyon

ztfreep wrote:Oh, NOW I see. "valorandvellum". Both the sword AND the pen! This must be an invincible person (unlike the Black Knight).

Oh cripes, I hadn't realized that. Now I feel dense. And that is now the best username I've seen.

ztfreep

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ztfreep
eHalcyon wrote:Oh cripes, I hadn't realized that. Now I feel dense. And that is now the best username I've seen.

It, as they say, rolls trippingly off of the tongue, it does.

Also, a change of tense: have bought one of these, now.

Bombared

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Bombared

I love the design, but I really need more black shirts. I loooooove the colored shirts, but my job requires black shirts. I work A LOT.

BWinick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BWinick

In for one. I predict a sell out.

imsochady

quality posts: 14 Private Messages imsochady

valorandvellum

quality posts: 5 Private Messages valorandvellum

Hey guys! Thanks for your comments so far :-) Extra thanks to those of you who purchased one! I LOVE the pairing with woot.com's offering. Didn't expect that!

imsochady

valorandvellum wrote:Hey guys! Thanks for your comments so far :-) Extra thanks to those of you who purchased one! I LOVE the pairing with woot.com's offering. Didn't expect that!

Hah! I thought at first they did that on purpose, maybe?

siamese999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages siamese999

Wow! I love this. It really draws you in. Is that a doe on the lower level?

valorandvellum

imsochady wrote:Hah! I thought at first they did that on purpose, maybe?

I think they must have since they linked to it twice on the shirt description :-P

Also, regarding the suicidal birds – they are supposed to represent the music/tones coming out of the phonograph (I think some of you got that!). They aren't actually killing themselves... they're just daredevils!

oakcitygirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oakcitygirl

This is ridiculously awesome! I've bought waaay too many woot shirts in the past month, but I couldn't resist this one. I'm going to have to get a second closet...

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Really neat design! Especially great job with the records.

Vote!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
valorandvellum wrote:I think they must have since they linked to it twice on the shirt description :-P

Also, regarding the suicidal birds – they are supposed to represent the music/tones coming out of the phonograph (I think some of you got that!). They aren't actually killing themselves... they're just daredevils!

Cake has observed this very phenomenon.

Also, I think this might be the first woot day ever that I want all three regular woots. Not that I can get the wine out here, but red wine can never be THAT bad, right?

valorandvellum

siamese999 wrote:Wow! I love this. It really draws you in. Is that a doe on the lower level?

Thank you! Yes, that's a doe.

valorandvellum

AdderXYU wrote:Cake has observed this very phenomenon.

Also, I think this might be the first woot day ever that I want all three regular woots. Not that I can get the wine out here, but red wine can never be THAT bad, right?

You can NEVER go wrong with wine! Wine.woot is one of my favorite places to drool over. I mean, check out.

zakmancrothers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zakmancrothers

This is the best shirt I've seen on shirt.woot in a while. My faith has been restored. Love the colors, lines and concept.

I would have named it flora and "fauna"graph.

MrRocks

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MrRocks

Beautiful work as always Priscilla. You make me feel like dancing... by myself of course... x

AdderXYU

valorandvellum wrote:You can NEVER go wrong with wine! Wine.woot is one of my favorite places to drool over. I mean, check out.

I try to never even look at wine.woot... I just get upset at the alcohol shipping laws. The only time I ever saw my state on the approved ship list was a sake sampler. I'm still kicking myself for missing that one.

Mclargehuge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mclargehuge

Let me bring you songs from the wood!

imsochady

AdderXYU wrote:I try to never even look at wine.woot... I just get upset at the alcohol shipping laws. The only time I ever saw my state on the approved ship list was a sake sampler. I'm still kicking myself for missing that one.

You can help free the grapes from where you live!

eHalcyon

zakmancrothers wrote:This is the best shirt I've seen on shirt.woot in a while. My faith has been restored. Love the colors, lines and concept.

I would have named it flora and "fauna"graph.

That's what they were going for, I'm sure. There's nothing wrong with a little subtlety though.

glennw00d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glennw00d

I've never bought a Woot tee before... how are the sizes? I am pretty tall and thin and a lot of medium shirts fit me well in the chest/shoulders but are too short at the waist or arms. Larges tend to fit well in the length, but chest and shoulders are slightly too big for my taste. Any suggestions? should I go large?

GarrisWH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GarrisWH

nice design, I'll take one

valorandvellum

glennw00d wrote:I've never bought a Woot tee before... how are the sizes? I am pretty tall and thin and a lot of medium shirts fit me well in the chest/shoulders but are too short at the waist or arms. Larges tend to fit well in the length, but chest and shoulders are slightly too big for my taste. Any suggestions? should I go large?

I think they use American Apparel, right? Do you know how you fit in AA tees?

AdderXYU

glennw00d wrote:I've never bought a Woot tee before... how are the sizes? I am pretty tall and thin and a lot of medium shirts fit me well in the chest/shoulders but are too short at the waist or arms. Larges tend to fit well in the length, but chest and shoulders are slightly too big for my taste. Any suggestions? should I go large?

If you've bought at comparable websites (teefury, threadless, Design by humans), buy whatever size you buy there. Woot uses American Apparel tees, which are used at many tee purveyors (uneetee, cameesa, plenty of smaller shops), while others including the ones I've listed use blanks that are in many ways comparable size-wise. Though it seems on some builds, teefury is cut a bit bigger.

Many people say American Apparel tends to be longer than normal. On the other hand, they're also not pre-shrunk, so many people buy a size up from their normal size to accomodate. If you've never ordered similar shirts, I'd try out a large... it might end up shrinking to a better fit than most larges, without shrinking too much to be too short.

imsochady

You can buy a medium and cut off the lower part, then buy a large and cut off the upper part. Sew the remaining pieces together and you're one happy camper!

(Hahah, I joke. Maybe you can go try out an American Apparel shirt somewhere and see how they fit you)

SupraWes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SupraWes

I am 6'1" 160lbs, Medium's are plenty long for me. Maybe if you are a lot taller they would be too short but I still have plenty of material below the waist.

Broonale

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Broonale

I am crazy for vinyl.
In for 2.

No thanks on the ION, though.
Vacuum tubes are the only way to go!

jh1photo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jh1photo

My first shirt.woot purchase was the roots/rock and I went with mens medium. I am tall and thin and it fits pretty well. It's longer than a lot of my medium t shirts. I really hate when I get a shirt that looks like a mid-drift after a couple washes. Not really a good look for me.
I would say you'll be safe with a medium.

This is an awesome shirt, I really do not need to spend the money but I'm in for 1.

And thanks eHalcyon for the link to the trees. The living chair is nice.

toddfv411

quality posts: 1 Private Messages toddfv411

New desktop, very cool............

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale

of all nights for me to leave the house for a few hours! I love this, V&V!

sokumura

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sokumura

Reminds me of Vladimir Kush's paintings.

kennube

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kennube
deraj828 wrote:Gah, as a music nerd with a great appreciation for the sort of thing you find on records, I love this. As an environmental geology major, I can't look at it without thinking, "Wait... that doesn't look plausible" about everything.

Talk about yer inner conflict.

Think of it as a dream sequence. It's perfectly plausible in a dream.

This is the first daily I've wanted to buy in ages.

supersonic213

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supersonic213

First olive tee I've ever even come close to considering buying! Usually the color just seems so dirty and grungy, but here I think I really like it.

The guys at the new SONIC drive-in told me to have a supersonic day. And I did!

JeanneMarie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JeanneMarie
shutts67 wrote:What is this "Wreck-Chord" you speak of?

I think that's when, after you play a really awesome riff, you strike these notes that are just like wow, man. And everyone is so silent and just sits back because their minds have been blown.

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey

Doverhere

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Doverhere

Clever design........bu t t ugly colors...

justinaqui

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinaqui

Reminds me of a poster by Emek from a few years ago:
http://emek.net/posters/c/coachella_details.html