striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Re: Secret Admirer

Excellent job.

striker138

Re: Upon Closer Inspection...

Great job on all the detail you crammed into the USS Nessie.

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 615566

This is my favorite design. This must be printed somewhere.

sticklink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sticklink
SplashSilver wrote:That beaver looks like a slightly edited trace of Gopher from Winnie the Pooh...

hmm, i thought it looked like the beaver from Lady and the Tramp

but either way, it does look like it's been copied...

fat fat ponies

striker138

Re: Stonehenge RESUB

So that's how they did that.

striker138

Re: Three moons?

Poor girl never knew what hit her.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
RukasuFox wrote:it's an abstract representation; YMMV. And if w00t rejects it for violent content then that's one thing, but I don't think it takes much to see that calling for its rejection based on theme is an unreasonable demand by bitter people with some mystifying vendettas.

I'm not particularly calling it off topic now- woot has made it clear that they have topics just as guidelines, not as rejectable reasons. To say it's abstract is a bit laughable, though- I'd call it graphic as hell. and that's where it really ought to be rejected, not about topicality.

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
sticklink wrote:hmm, i thought it looked like the beaver from Lady and the Tramp

but either way, it does look like it's been copied...

Not copied... but I did like Lady and the Tramp as a kid.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: How we got pictures of the Yeti

They both look like they've got 3 arms.

Please, designers, don't be lazy. Copy+paste+flip is obvious and chocolatey.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

noseatbelts wrote:Very Mignola-esque, love it.

Agreed, very well done. GMV.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Murder Mystery

Is the top part of the design his departing spirit?

suse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suse
Re: Upon Closer Inspection...

Charming!

Penguins eat pizza?

CryptoNite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CryptoNite
Re: noir

Very cool!

CryptoNite

Re: A Clue! A Clue!

Awww, that's wrong hoho but very awesome! I'm in for one!

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
SplashSilver wrote:That beaver looks like a slightly edited trace of Gopher from Winnie the Pooh...

I didn't even know there was a gopher in Winnie the Pooh. But I was never really into Winnie and the Pooh.

monkeyswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag
Re: Not in the Dryer, or Under the Bed...resub

'K. I get it. Can't look like text, can't smell like text. Dude, my bad. Still having fun playing around here in dreamland. Chin up and all.

monkeyswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag
Re: That's Impossible!

That's cute.

mirlyn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mirlyn
Re: They went that way

I likey. GMV and will buy if it prints . Gluck~

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
suse wrote:Charming!

Penguins eat pizza?

That's your question?! Not there are penguins in Scotland? Or how did they build it with no fingers, let alone hands?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant

lots of great designs and fun ideas...but i would love to see more options between ultra-simple and ultra-complicated! graphic tees are far more fun to wear if the people you run into can quickly "get" the joke or admire the art without having to stare at your chest for ten minutes.

(or maybe that last sentiment is just the puritanical voice of society in my brain?)

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Secret Admirer

Look at one of the other entries and notice how they have a picture of the shirt on a shirt comp. Do the same. Follow the rules. It's not as difficult as some derby entrants would lead you to believe based on their submissions.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

redeplop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redeplop
yodal wrote:awesome pic!

Also i have a question to anyone that would know. I have been trying to upload my entry since the comp opened but after i press submit a box comes up that says 'Aw, snap! We need you to fix something' i tryed lots of different things, does anyone know what is wrong?

you might get a quality post if u know!! hahaha

yup same problem here. i think ive tried everything but no luck. let me know if you get any answers on what the upload issue is. figures too this week i had a great design!

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
redeplop wrote:yup same problem here. i think ive tried everything but no luck. let me know if you get any answers on what the upload issue is. figures too this week i had a great design!

this

redesnot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redesnot
redeplop wrote:yup same problem here. i think ive tried everything but no luck. let me know if you get any answers on what the upload issue is. figures too this week i had a great design!

still nothing here. not sure why i cant upload. the message i get is "aw snap we need you to, blah blah blah.." but it dosent tell me what the specific problem is. im thinking its a issue at their end, still very frustrating!

bro3of4

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bro3of4
Re: Mysterious Fathoms Below

I like it. But why does the tail get larger toward the (non-existent) end?

Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.

BoredStiff

quality posts: 13 Private Messages BoredStiff
Re: Whats under the bed?

Love the concept and the look on the monster's face. I do wish that the colors were reversed, and the boy was in orange and the monster blended in with the shirt color...it works better for me if your eye gravitates to the boy first, then the beast, as is the case with your thumbnail.

Still, GMV.

CryptoNite

Re: Mystery... Mr. E?

That does suck that it got rejected because this would've been a damn cool shirt. I do think it's a little dumb that a question mark especially in this sense is considered text but I understand it.

As a side note does anyone else find it a bit ironic that Shirt.woot's very logo is considered "text" I sure as hell do ;)

spookynine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spookynine

This is so awesome but I hate cream shirts!

woots - 5
woot offs - 3
woot shirts - 24

Coyne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coyne

Not a huge fan of the design. Voting for it in response to the surprising amount of censorship fans around here.

grfxho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grfxho
baloonce wrote:I really like this design. I would change a couple things in regards to color though. Shirt color green or black. Stone color more of a gray, and the spirits kimono a haunting blue like the color of the shirt shown.

Thanks for the feedback. I played with many color combinations, but wanted to keep the shrine green to give the impression of it being moss-covered. The shrine being green sort of dictated that the shirt not be green too or it wouldn't stand out enough.

-------------------------

Icemank91

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91
Re: Whats under the bed?

YES! My favorite so far. =)

SnapesAndChains

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnapesAndChains
Re: Who's got a hold of my heart?

looks like the cover for voldemort can't stop the rock by harry and the potters

CryptoNite

theghotiman wrote:Come on, you forgot to mention that the Threadless version is way better. Seriously, I kinda want that shirt now. Not this one though.

Yea, I feel bad agreeing with you because you can tell this would take a good bit of time to draw out. It's really good work but I dunno...just lacking. Plus I really hate wearing black shirts, they make me look fat and a bit emo. Now I'm off to go cut myself and walk upstairs without getting winded this time, wish me luck!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Eeew.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

AliCat713

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AliCat713

Like the idea, don't like the execution (no pun intended). It looks hastily designed and, for lack of a better word, blotchy. I'd like to see a resubmit that's cleaned up and wearable.

So far, there is only one shirt in this derby that I'd wear, and this ain't it. :-\

kateybee

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kateybee
Coyne wrote:Not a huge fan of the design. Voting for it in response to the surprising amount of censorship fans around here.

Come now, what a poor reason to vote for it! I agree, I'm not a fan of censorship either. I have no real issue with the shirt showing a murder. I wouldn't buy it or wear it, but the same can be said for the vast majority of other shirts as well! But to vote for something just for that reason takes away a possible win for shirts that are actually on topic- which this is not. As I've seen someone say, there is no mystery. Not all murders are mysteries, some are quite clear cut, this is one of them.

grayehound

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grayehound
Re: Bad News Bears

That is too funny...and a litte sick...for words! I'd wear it!

RukasuFox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RukasuFox
kateybee wrote:Come now, what a poor reason to vote for it! I agree, I'm not a fan of censorship either. I have no real issue with the shirt showing a murder. I wouldn't buy it or wear it, but the same can be said for the vast majority of other shirts as well! But to vote for something just for that reason takes away a possible win for shirts that are actually on topic- which this is not. As I've seen someone say, there is no mystery. Not all murders are mysteries, some are quite clear cut, this is one of them.

Okay, please explain exactly the who/what/where and why of this murder. Thank you.

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: Mysterious Fathoms Below

I wanted the feeling of him going on forever, down into the depths. Perhaps I didn't accomplish this correctly eh?

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
snappystrappy wrote:I would like it better with the placement on the left chest, actually over the heart

Contrary to popular belief, the heart is actually situated closer to the centre of the chest. It is only slightly offset to the left.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)