PhilSandifer

quality posts: 17 Private Messages PhilSandifer
Re: No, we're not selling a blurry question mark shirt

It's funny, but A) text, and B) no Woot references.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
RukasuFox wrote:And the fact that you recognize said references means...?

There is a vast difference between reading a book/watching a movie and using a reference from that book/movie and using references from said book/movie colloquially. Especially as an insult.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
skirochester wrote:Thanks Joel. I just sent the artwork in. I really don't think there will be a printing issue. It's no finer than halftones that have been printed in the past. And my line-weight is no different than a shirt you printed called "deforestation" which came out perfect.

The vision for this shirt isn't to come out bold and colorful. It's meant to fade into the shirt, which gives it the mysterious look.

Thanks for the support from the non-haters!

True arteeest. Thank only the positive critics and ignore the rest of your potential buying community.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
rachinha wrote:Definitely not PG-13. The halftone coming off her bewb could be a nipple.
Also, anyone else think the halftones look kind of stripy like plaid?

Yes, for some reason the halftones are arranged grid-style rather than the normal 45 degree dithered method. Peeking through the archive the artist has used similar halftones before, but not in a manner where they overlay each other like this... so I can't really guess at how it would print.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
Re: Dead Frog. Who dun it ?

Good job, mystery designer! Your frog is good! If I knew who you were, I might say that this is one of your best designs yet. Do you have photo shop? Doing texture is super easy.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
iloveengl wrote:Yes, it looks EXACTLY like the beaver from Lady and the Tramp. Same coloring, Same lines on the face. Tsk tsk.

also much like the winnie the poo gopher

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/thumb/7/77/Gopher2.jpg/146px-Gopher2.jpg

same company so i can see why it may look the same.

iknc4miles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iknc4miles
Re: Mysterious bringing out corpses (Redux)

Do they consider this Woot related? If not, cool design and GMV!

iknc4miles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iknc4miles

sonotthereason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonotthereason
Re: Whats under the bed?

very cute, well thought out, the sucker and fork the monster found under the bed are perfect!

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Radscoolian

HeartlineTwist wrote:I really don't think it reads well as a nose if that's what it's supposed to be.

Ya, ya. It is one of those things that you can't see for yourself until someone else points it out. Oh well.

EinnaFK

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EinnaFK
koopadaisy wrote: Boobies > flying brains.

I enjoy this comment immensely :D

Also, I agree. As far as rating systems go, this would be considered higher than PG-13. Though, it is stylized which could perhaps save it. Either way, can we reject it anyways so something with more color can take its place?

1jana1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1jana1
godslinger wrote:Woot can't print up to the collar like that. Oh and it's off-topic.

i told my son that last night, so i put it down further, off topic, maybe, have you ever miss placed a shirt, and then find it hanging up. The story at my house anyhow. I just thought it would be fun to see someone wearing a hanger on a tshirt. I have another one submitted as well...so, if i get rejected, then ah.......try again. Kudos to you.

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
snappystrappy wrote:I love the expressions! +1

Glad you like it... And thanks for the vote!

Radscoolian

kylemittskus wrote:It's not a joke; it's an easy $1,000.

Now that I know you did this shirt, I dislike you sooooo much more. You pandering, greedy SOB.

Not cool. Not cool at all. You really should not be so harsh. For you it may be a pleasant past time to rip into peoples designs, but cruel words mean a lot more to those receiving them.
Plus, this designer has put in entries for many derbies past and has not won once, so labeling him as greedy and pandering is inaccurate.

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois

Lol! This one made me laugh out loud when I saw it! I love kid looking over the side of his bed, and I love the crooked smile on the monster's face :D

Stormink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stormink

No need to make a new account... its not hard to tell whose style this is.

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois

Love the style on this one, but there's one thing that kinda bothers me. The hunter's right boot (the one that's on the ground) looks like it's going into a hole. I can't tell if it IS going into a hole, or if his foot just looks really small.

Anyways, overall it still looks really nice

amscray

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amscray
Re: The Ghost of the Shrine

the art is gorgeous, i love it!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
midflinx wrote:People seeing the shirt know the girl did it. They don't know who she is or why she did it. That's the mystery the book answers inside.

The stylized violence would probably get away with a PG-13 rating because it's not photo-realistic. It's in silhouette which makes it less intense. James Bond gets away with putting bullet holes in people but since we don't see the blood pooling it's allowed.

so pooling blood isn't allowable, but a blown up head, with bits of brain and skull spattering out from a gunshot as it happens IS OK? just because it's in silhouette?

go ahead, rationalize all you want. it's ludicrous.

Stormink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stormink
Re: Murder Mystery

Whats with the halftones that cut off in a sharp line anyways? Ugly if you ask me...

But seriously not consistent with other Woot rejections.

sgl32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgl32
iknc4miles wrote:This shirt definitely put a great song I once forgot back into my head:

"The author looms above his page
and thinks it strange that at his age
he can not find the proper words
to describe his only world.
One would think that in a life
where no two snowflakes are alike
one would have a brilliant rhyme
for each and every bit of time.

Himalaya is my old time stomping ground
(oh yes, time is of the essence).
Manitoba, better snows I've never found
(oh yes, time is of the essence.)"
- Clutch - The Yeti

Thanks! Cute shirt, got my vote!

hoho, you are funny. I never thought that after making a shirt it would inspire poetry. LOL. Thanks again.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
iknc4miles wrote:Text?

Not on a template?

Woot-related?

All of the above!!

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist

I would not say this is out of normal style. That's freaking ridiculous.

depe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages depe
Re: fedora

Hearts in Atlantis anyone???

HeartlineTwist

chade2001 wrote:Although this is somewhat true, he needs to reserve his scathing judgment regarding the motivations of the artist until he has definite proof of "hackery" or "pandering" or "drawing cute stuff to get votes and sell" or "whatever" because these are pretty serious accusations. Now knowing who the artist is, his accusation seem rather baseless and totally out of line, like waaaay off. I do feel for the artist especially now knowing the careful thought and work the artist put into the piece in addition to the one of the most heartfelt defenses I've ever read here on woot. And an apology should be in order.

Adder DOES know who did this, though...

HeartlineTwist

Re: The Infinite Pi

In the future, I would just play it safe and not use ANYTHING (well, almost anything) that can be found in your computer's Character Map program.

barrajole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barrajole

cool design sir

HeartlineTwist

soybeanio wrote:How does everyone here seem to know him?

WOOT started covering peoples names up (that submit derby entries) to be ***.

Because Woot also left in about 20 ways to get around that and see who's designing what.

emp1346

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emp1346
re: what was david carradine doin?

completely inappropriate

crowjane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crowjane
Re: What was david carradine doin?

now THAT's a mystery.

Manvyi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Manvyi
Re: Mystery of the deep

Sea serpents - mystery of the deep. But could they be floating wood, seaweed, giant cephalopods, flights of birds, wakes and waves, or could the hand of liars and fakers be behind them?

blaze2blue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blaze2blue

leelaaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leelaaa
veemon147 wrote:I can't tell. If it's an imitation it's a damned good one, for I don't know who else could come this close, but I'm not seeing ***'s texturing and attention to detail on a couple parts of it.

I don't think it's him, and if it is it was rushed.

just because there isn't as much detail doesn't mean it's rushed...quite possibly it's an attempt to find balance due to many saying that they couldn't wear the more detailed ("busy") designs

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
Stormink wrote:No need to make a new account... its not hard to tell whose style this is.

i guess i haven't been keeping around enough to read everyone. i was thinking this was a colab and i was thinking the monster part might be fable.

narkus

leelaaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leelaaa
Re: Eyes Without A Face

wow this bombed

APerfectC

quality posts: 2 Private Messages APerfectC
sarahjean1977 wrote:too many colors

that's an understatement

No me tengas miedo, no te voy a comer

crowjane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crowjane
Re: Whooo Are You?

rubbish.

narkus

HeartlineTwist wrote:Because Woot also left in about 20 ways to get around that and see who's designing what.

oh man. tell me how. i'm brain damaged with technology and i want to see if my guesses are right. of course, i was one of those kids who would unwrap presents and wrap them back up and snoop. curious.

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles
Re: Cats With Weapons

This is the only one in the top 7 that I am not sure who designed. Hate the cream, but it's got my vote just cause it tells the truth about cats - They are killers.