xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
mfulkron80 wrote:Why did it have to be grape jelly? Grape Jelly is the weakest spinner of all the Jellies....

Strawberry jelly RULES!

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

huhnjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huhnjo
gargrazz wrote:It was a bear getting this image down to 500k for some reason. Stupid dots. I'll upload a full res when I get home from work tonight.

Enjoy.

Well worth the effort, Gargrazz.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
Re: OneReconnaissance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygoLat5y_4Q

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles
mfulkron80 wrote:Why did it have to be grape jelly? Grape Jelly is the weakest spinner of all the Jellies....

I agree. Grape can eat me, but the purple is what makes the shirt come alive, so it had to be.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
palmettogirl wrote:I totally agree with this comment. The sketchy style is awesome but the typography contrasts too much.

OK, OK, I surrender! I've remade it and will be posting a new version with a different take on the type.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
wjmoss wrote:At the expense of my dignity, will someone please explain this shirt?

In the "quotations" derby, DF had a design in the fog consisting of these three pandas doing the "see no evil; hear no evil; spoke no evil" poses.

A long, violent battle ensued over the artistic integrity of the design (i.e. "pandering") and it was eventually rejected by woot due to its similarity to other designs.

ensmind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ensmind
Re: Infinite Pi

More Text added... I have other ideas, but I really wanted this back up... just for Text Sake!

Added the hidden numerical value of Pi, the title of the band and the subtext!

Enjoy Wooters...

Peace!

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
wjmoss wrote:At the expense of my dignity, will someone please explain this shirt?

DF first got a print with this in the book's illustrated derby. In the individualism derby he submitted this. Then for the famous quotes derby he submitted this. Most of the controversy was over the fact that he recycled the idea so many times no one wanted to see it anymore compounded with the fact that his two biggest prints (LWW and TMNT) are simply depictions of the book title and the origin scene with no commentary or really originality other than the brush stroke distressing. Given that DF really is a talented artist and has done very creative pieces, many including myself got tired of the hackneyed pandering.

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz

Cowbell with accurate colors. Click the image to go to a cropped full res:

xtinaftw

quality posts: 21 Private Messages xtinaftw
Re: Knotty Celts

You should shrink it down on the shirt methinks... and then you can change the name while you're at it. Any maybe list tour dates or something more to make it more band-like.

mrwednesday

Re: Under the Blues

I've seen this octopus before but I don't remember which derby and I have no idea whose it was.

xtinaftw

Leahbh wrote:I like it. I think maybe it'd be better with the full name under the un though. Or maybe something about a tour or something. I don't know. And no shadow.

And the shadow is backwards anyways... That would bug me. Unless the artist intended it that way?

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
eHalcyon wrote:Your love of owls and your love of cats reminds me of the Cat-Owl. Avatar = greatest cartoon ever.

Heh, cat-owl, cool! I guess I haven't gotten there in the series yet. Speaking Avatar/airbender... I got called to be an extra in the live-action movie that's happening. Looks like it's not going to work out though, d'oh.

Vote!

xtinaftw

Re: KleeShade

Ah! I get it.... cliched. Except it's not bunnies!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
xxchange wrote:Strawberry jelly RULES!

I prefer raspberry or blackberry, but chose grape because of the color :D

Glad there are some folks who like and would wear this. I would!

jstpt1022

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jstpt1022
Re: Are You Human? Tour

The reference alone is worth a vote.

draconias

quality posts: 0 Private Messages draconias
draconias wrote:Thank you, vote for me? I have no friends, so I won't get that vote

Not that the winner is based on friends. It's just nice to know others share your sense of humor.

xtinaftw

ambergreen wrote:Should have had Redmond, WA... "the bicycle capital of the Northwest".

And where my mom lives!

jstpt1022

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jstpt1022

I see what you did there...

AndHab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AndHab

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Gibblies anime band

First thought, girl in third panel is weirding me out. Didn't quite nail the angle there.

Second thought, other than that looks great. Really has the quasi-traditional shoujo feel to it.

Third thought... Oh how I want to see a "The Ghiblis" shirt now. =D

xtinaftw

iamdeba wrote:Doesn't look like your thumbnail matches the shirt comp. But other than that, this is pretty much the type of shirt I was hoping for when I first heard this weeks theme. gmv.

Yup, this is headed for the rejection bin. Best resub now and just delete this one yourself.

fablefire

Re: Werewolves Can't Dance

Wookie!

Delicious texture and text as always. =)

xtinaftw

gingerbreadface wrote:Whoopsssssss my bad, trying to resubmit it now.
With the shirt image...
How do you delete this??

From the thumbnails page your entries should have a lil red x next to them for 24 hours after you submit. Clickit!

nopassn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nopassn

I wouldn't wear it... But I've got a 3 year-old that'd rock it all day - and twice on Sunday. Good stuff.

ChuckleNorris

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ChuckleNorris
mrwednesday wrote:I've seen this octopus before but I don't remember which derby and I have no idea whose it was.

Unless you happen to be one of my friends on facebook, I'm afraid you are mistaken.

fablefire

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32839]

Thanks for the lols. XD

Hope your move goes well.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

mrwednesday wrote:I've seen this octopus before but I don't remember which derby and I have no idea whose it was.

You may be thinking of the album cover for Kodo's Mondo Head. That's what it made me think of. It's similar in that it has an octopus playing the drums, but visually looks somewhat different. That's one of my favorite album covers of all time (and the drum work is incredible and great for demo reels ).

Soleil22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Soleil22
Re: Under the Blues

A.MAZ.ING!!! I would buy two, at least. Who wouldn't love a cephalopod playing the drums? Interesting fact: Octopi are one of the few animals capable of learning through observation.
Anyhoo... GMV! Good luck!

ChuckleNorris

tgentry wrote:You may be thinking of the album cover for Kodo's Mondo Head. That's what it made me think of. It's similar in that it has an octopus playing the drums, but visually looks somewhat different. That's one of my favorite album covers of all time (and the drum work is incredible and great for demo reels ).

Do you play drums by any chance?

jasneko

Re: The Hootsters

Thanks so much to those of you in the derby thread who were giving me feedback, especially jabberjaws and mrwednesday. This design stretched for a looonnng time.

Hope the new color scheme is liked....

Feedback and votes appreciated, thank you!

Vote!

xtinaftw

JordanTG wrote:I like it with the character and the background. The rest of the design makes it to messy for my tastes. The box in the corner is an eyesore.

Goodluck.

Hmm, the rest of the design meaning the square AND the tour start date/pi decimals at the bottom, or is it really just the square that bugs you?

Thanks for the input!

mrwednesday

fablefire wrote:Thanks for the lols. XD

Hope your move goes well.

Hopefully not as well as QBF. For the record I voted for QBF and wanted it to print given the absolute Kazaam (1996) that did print in the exercise derby. I felt that momentum was completely lost in the double take and it edged a lot of deserving designs. If this doesn't get rejected but doesn't print, I hope it doesn't get an HM because of all the derbies, the double takes are supposed to be dedicated to rewarding quality that was missed not joke fads that fizzled.

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific
Re: Botanical Beard

His mustache can play piano, and his toes do a mean solo guitar riff.

jasneko

Re: Botanical Beard

hoho this is great! Botanical beard!!:D

Vote!

mrwednesday

jasneko wrote:Thanks so much to those of you in the derby thread who were giving me feedback, especially jabberjaws and mrwednesday. This design stretched for a looonnng time.

Hope the new color scheme is liked....

Feedback and votes appreciated, thank you!

BEST.COLOR.SCHEME.EVER.

(also votes)

ChuckleNorris

Soleil22 wrote:A.MAZ.ING!!! I would buy two, at least. Who wouldn't love a cephalopod playing the drums? Interesting fact: Octopi are one of the few animals capable of learning through observation.
Anyhoo... GMV! Good luck!

Thanks! And plus one for using the plural of octopus.

xtinaftw

imsochady wrote:Very nice! I like the change to background. The one before seemed fine to me.

Thanks, imso. Yeah, I liked the first background too (and it took way longer to do than it should have cus PS didn't like me pasting all those numbers in there in a big chunk for some reason...) but I can see how people thought it might be too distracting. I kinda fancy this one here cus I thought I was clever shaping the text like a circle hoho.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Re: Chuck Pucker and his Pluckin' Pickers!

I heard they haven't been the same ever since their drummer spontaneously combusted.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

jasneko

micarmod wrote:If I saw someone wearing this shirt I wouldn't think to ask, "is the Green Dream Machine a band?" But I still love the design and would buy/wear the shirt anyway. I think it would work without the text too. Great colours.

Sweet! Actually it's interesting you say that about the text, because I thought it worked well without it too and almost submitted it like that... but not sure if it would still be considered on topic without the band name displayed?
I dig these colors too, thanks.

Vote!