cruelnv


quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv
anthrochick wrote:I guess it's funny...But I feel like it's one of those where someone laughs at the joke out of pitty...

Additionally, while the minimalist style adds to the parody I do feel like printing this would be a waste. As it turns out, I can probably make my own for free with an old t-shirt and a marker. Sorry, doesnt GMV.



I assume that the intent wasn't to actually get the shirt to print, but instead to illustrate a point... but I could be wrong...

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

spanishmel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

This is pretty great! Nice work.

cruelnv


quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv
Re: The Suffixeses



This one made me laugh. Sounds like a real band, and I love the tour name for them. Cleverly done.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

spanishmel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel
leonryan wrote:that's really nice. who's the artist?



His name is Tim Clark he graduated from the same university as I did. His company name is DistINKtive Designs. He is a really talented guy.

cruelnv


quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv
spanishmel wrote:Thanks for chiming in, I appreciate that! I think this design is an acquired taste for sure...I just wanted to try something new.



Keep it up. Eventually you'll find one that strikes a cord with people... and if not, at least you're doing designs that you like, hoho.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

cipolo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cipolo
Re: The Suffixeses



Wonderful! Well done and creative. Thanks for the laugh! lol

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Clever slogan and nice design.

In the song 'Science Genius Girl' by Freezepop they start reciting pi during the bridge... I find it hilarious. It's not a punk song though, it's synthpop: )

Vote!

mikenytola


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
marmls2m wrote:...

freedom of choice, part of that whole democracy thing...

you know what else is part of democracy

FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

[MOD: You were doing ok until that last sentence which I deleted]


That is right you have freedom of speech to complain. Just like you have the freedom to ignore that I said constructive criticism is one thing, complaining is another. So if you were being constructive why do you seem to be taking it so personal? Or did you want to just be argumentative? Let's use your example now

" by your logic, no one should complain about politicians because "if they could do better, why didnt they just run for office"

You are right, people should complain because that is going to solve the problem isn't it? Do you think opposing politicians complain... or do something about it and also run for office? Complaining about the problem doesn't solve anything. Actions speak louder than words. Yes you have freedom of speech, doesn't mean you know how to use it in the right and/or positive way.

And for the record, I'm not complaining, I"m just calling them out and exposing them for what they are. At the end of the day, if this shirt wins... good for the designer, if it doesn't, good for the designer's that did win. Majority wins. I'm fine either way, yet the complainers will be ready for the next derby to complain some more. Get your canned comments ready!

isparabola


quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32839]



Does the fact that this hasn't been rejected yet mean that this might actually not be rejected?

I mean minus the inside joke, it does actually fit the theme surprisingly well. And it'll still be funny to people who don't get the joke.

isparabola


quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola
Re: Interplanetary Bunnies



Thank god this is out of the fog right now.

isparabola


quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola
Re: now appearing in Seattle, Portland, NY, San Fran..



I live about 10 minutes away from where a lot of these hippies are. Not sure if I'd actually wear it around my neighbourhood yet, but I like the shirt.

pssquishy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages pssquishy
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32839]



Wait... so you're admitting that you were pandering before? Or you're admitting that you're pandering now? Or both?

fearless99


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fearless99
Re: now appearing in Seattle, Portland, NY, San Fran..



I live in Portland, and look forward to offending filthy hippies in this shirt. +1 from me, this is awesome.

L3g3ndQ


quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: The Sex Drugs



i dont understand the dislike of the name... its genius!!!! sex drugs and rock n role!!! im surprised no one els has thought of this for a band name B^)

come on!!! more votes more votes!!!!

dubindoh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dubindoh
Re: Galactic Riffed



Totally awesome!
I hope you win because I want this shirt!

1... 2... 3... Rider Kick!

Johndis5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: The Suffixeses





Happy Endings! So clever!

bscoms


quality posts: 3 Private Messages bscoms
re: interplanetary bunnies



When a Pokemon is spent it gets the X's over its eyes.

And this image is dead on Pikachu, especially the dead one with the X'd eyes.

Why hasn't Woot rejected this design?

marmls2m


quality posts: 2 Private Messages marmls2m
mikenytola wrote:
You are right, people should complain because that is going to solve the problem isn't it? Do you think opposing politicians complain... or do something about it and also run for office? Complaining about the problem doesn't solve anything. Actions speak louder than words. Yes you have freedom of speech, doesn't mean you know how to use it in the right and/or positive way.



first and foremost, apologies to the mod, i will reel it in a bit

the reason i take it personally is that if no one points out your flawed logic, some will not know better to disregard your arguement as being built on flawed logic.

now, you say complaining about the problem doesnt solve anything in regards to politics. but you are wrong. complaining draws attention to the problem and attention turns to action. to use an idiom "the squeaky wheel gets the oil". take for example the current fight in this country for marraige equality. without protesting, several states (though notably not california) have overturned their laws and allows marraige for everyone, regardless of discrimination.

and what is protest if not organized complaining? are you saying that the people in iran right now are accomplishing nothing and that those people are dying in the streets for nothing?

i will grant you that last statement could be seen as fallacious appeal to emotion, but take the emotion out of it. they have brought the worlds attention to the injustices in their country and we will see in the coming weeks what the result of that will be. it all started from complaining. which is, according to our constitution, our god given right.

you are tired of complaining. that is your real issue, is it not? you feel we should stop complaining because you personally or a few people here dont want to read it. but i, as a chronic complainer, do want to hear it. are your wishes more righteous than mine, or the people here who complain, as youve labeled them?


octopai


quality posts: 0 Private Messages octopai
Re: Brutal Botanist



man, sometimes tulips just piss you off...




marmls2m


quality posts: 2 Private Messages marmls2m
mikenytola wrote: Majority wins. I'm fine either way, yet the complainers will be ready for the next derby to complain some more. Get your canned comments ready!



going with the majority is a very dangerous sentiment. dissent refines and shapes the status quo. dissent changes things, not complacency. nothing changes if everyone goes with the flow


studio1172


quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
acceptablerisk wrote:I must say, I appreciate that this looks like it could actually be a tour shirt. Most other submissions are in the vein of "illustrate your band name." This one does it and still manages to look authentic.

I hope you get the votes. I totally want one.



Thank you! I appreciate it! The main part of my business is doing music promotion graphics for shirts, cd's and posters. So I am glad that you think that it looks like a tour shirt.

homeschoolwinner


quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
spanishmel wrote:This is pretty great! Nice work.



Thank you!


"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

marmls2m


quality posts: 2 Private Messages marmls2m
pssquishy wrote:Wait... so you're admitting that you were pandering before? Or you're admitting that you're pandering now? Or both?



im not deadfrog, i cant answer for him, but the answer could be neither. it may be that he is mocking the accusations leveled at him through the last design. or maybe he is diffusing those accusations by turning them on its head, taking a design that was accused of pandering and making it into a statement of popular music.


BootsBoots


quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: The Suffixeses


Bigger



jabberjaws13


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
re: the space crabs



i ended up getting 3 of the tornado one (one to rock, one to stock, one for my little bro), and i have a feeling i will be getting a couple space crabs if you win. great design. good luck!

Happy Beer.

BootsBoots


quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: The Pretensions



I really love this. I'd definitely buy. It's a great idea.


Deflit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deflit
Re: Galactic Riffed




This shirt is awesome, I definitely saw the guitar first. And didnt realize the spaceship until I read the comments hoho. Sorry.

If this prints, I really hope that font does out more clearly though. Maybe it's just my monitor.

PS - lol @ your comment about describing what a guitar is. xD

hbanzapan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages hbanzapan
Re: Werewolves Can't Dance



What about Teen Wolf?!

Floridafighter66


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Floridafighter66
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32839]



i gotta be honest, im getting irritated with all this Panda Bear apcray. its cute and cuddly . . . . and im sick of it. millions WOULD NOT BE CAUGHT DEAD wearing this. why does everyone "have to own this"? i mean, christ, what have you done with all your other panda bear shirts?

jayker


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayker
Re: Green Dream Machine


I like this one. Very striking.

shivx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shivx
octopai wrote:man, sometimes tulips just piss you off...



GMV.

DEATH TO DAISIES!

I wish this was a real grind band. (Kind of wish the band name was more visible on this design)

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
hewtab wrote:I was actually going for huge here! The 80's weren't exactly known for their subtle style now were they? X)


heh, true that!

Vote!

HeartlineTwist


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
Floridafighter66 wrote:i gotta be honest, im getting irritated with all this Panda Bear apcray. its cute and cuddly . . . . and im sick of it. millions WOULD NOT BE CAUGHT DEAD wearing this. why does everyone "have to own this"? i mean, christ, what have you done with all your other panda bear shirts?



Good thing it takes only a fraction of "millions" (about 700-1000 usually) to get a shirt to print.

I don't want it either, but I can see why 1/300th of the US population might...

shivx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shivx
Re: Steampunk Ninjas



GMV.

Sweet name. What would this band sound like (silence, silence, silence, silence...Robo-Shinobi crescendo to brutal shredding guitar solo causing your head to explode!)?

juicybaboon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages juicybaboon
Re: Iron and Wine? No, Bread and Wine!



This is probably the greatest thing ever.

xxchange


quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
jasneko wrote:Hey, so glad the circle is growing on you! So much that you have become a bit intense about getting this shirt!:D
heh I guess if I stare at the eyes, they do starting getting a bit freaky looking!



Do you think you could post a larger version of this design? I want to print it and frame it and hang it on my wall!

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

tgentry


quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: The Suffixeses



Has a nice Schoolhouse Rock vibe to it. Very clever, Boots.

jmmbell1987


quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
mikenytola wrote:Well then they should get busy making something original and creative then, shouldn't they? Or... don't buy the shirts that win! Ah yes, freedom of choice. Part of that whole democracy bit.



By this logic, no one is allowed to have an opinion (positive or negative, can't pick and choose here) on any art form unless they are artists of that specific form.

I don't like complaining at all, personally, but really, what's the harm in conflicting opinions? Why try to shut people up?

pssquishy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages pssquishy
Re: Botanical Beard



I will not be buying this shirt, or any shirt in this derby because I hate the theme. That being said, please please please submit more often! Your style is very appealing and unique.

pedro3418


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pedro3418

best fake band ever...